What does Cred Forums think of Fatal Frame? I expected fapbait, but got some seriously spooky games instead

What does Cred Forums think of Fatal Frame? I expected fapbait, but got some seriously spooky games instead.

Other urls found in this thread:

fftranslations.atspace.co.uk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Best horror game series of all time. Pretty underrated too. It's not only scary but the stories are great.

>fapbait
that's what you get by only following modern game industry, huh?

Silent Hill is still better.
Anything after #4 does not count.

They are very moody and always gets me a bit depressed when I play it, especially at the house/normal world when it's raining.

One of the best.

I loved it dearly, and still hope it can escape Nintendo's clutches one day.

It's too jappy for me.

>Anything after 4 doesn't count
Ok. Still, I like Fatal Frame more than Silent Hill. I really love Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3, but Fatal Frame still wins for me.
Also, I don't really think the Silent Hill games that came out after the fourth one are that bad, just not as good as the first ones.

The wii versions sucks so much though with that stupid spooOOOoooOky hands shit.

PS2 or bust.

Fatal frame is a much more consistent series, but I don't think it reaches the heights that RE and silent hill have. Love the series though.

Wow, for me the remastered version of the second one was better than the original, the hands thing wasn't really a big deal, I think it was a nice little detail that appeared sometimes.

I feel you man. They were so scary and so goddamn sad at the same time.

FF3 was my favourite one.
>dat moment when the line between dream and reality is so blurred you don't know if you woke up.
And then your house really starts to become haunted.

5 killed the series

I think that while 2 is the best overall game in the series, it has the worst gameplay. The ghosts are super slow and even on higher difficulties the only difficult battles are in that tiny closet and the secret fight against the lost couple.
The first game is really rough around the edges but ghosts are so aggressive that there were a couple times I got seriously injured and needed to backtrack to look for extra health. Backtracking that's seriously dangerous when I finally found medicine but also a broken neck woman who I thought I could outrun but she chased me all the way back through the mansion to my latest savepoint.
The third one is alright, ghosts are plenty aggressive but they have a lot of windup on their attacks. I think the mansion of sleep totally sucks and I hate that the layout is changing between chapters because you're always looking for an alternate route to places you've been half a dozen times before.

Didn't play the 4th or 5th. Well I did just a bit but I really hate all the gimmicky motion control stuff like reaching out to get items or open doors. It's just tedium and you're always expecting a scare because it's so unnatural. Also an over the shoulder camera weakens the experience, the Fatal Frame games always created really fantastic and unsettling scenes with the static camera angles to the point that you were the most uneasy in rooms where you never fight a single enemy. The special edition of 2 had a first person mode but it was cool because you could play the game the way it was intended first and then look at things from a different angle for a sort of fresh experience. And of course unlike over the shoulder, first person threats have a little more kick to them, especially like near the end of the game where you catch the ghost outside the window or the broken neck in the mirror.

I think it was a great game, just not the best of the series.

Was there ever an uncensor patch for 5? Specifically for the stuff Treehouse left out of the translation for "localization" reasons.

The first one is a little experimental and frustrating at times. The 2nd and 3rd are great games overall.

I think there was one, but I don't really remember how it worked, since the game is for Wii U only. There's nothing really missing in the censored version though, they just changed the extra costumes. The game itself, in terms of story and how the characters were portrayed in it is the same, so don't bother with the uncensor.

fftranslations.atspace.co.uk/
Don't forget to thank them.

I clapped them.

silent hill is better in SOME ways

certainly not gameplay

reaching for things wasn't motion controlled

>What does Cred Forums think of Fatal Frame?

One of the absolute best horror series, tragically trapped in Nintendo's horrible grasp.

The only problem is NoA.

Except for IV, that's on Yurop too.

Mah nigga.