The Ballad of Gay Tony apreciation thread

Is there a more based expansion pack than TBOGT?

>Way more fun and diverse mission than the ones in the main game.

>A new filter that made Liberty City feel more alive.

>Brought parachutes to the HD Universe.

>The nightlife aspect of the game was very well done and unique.

>Lots of great new characters like Luis, Yusuf, Mori and Gay Tony, the last one is probably one of the most well written gay characters in a videogame, at no point it felt like he was there to pander to the SJW community.

>Vladisvostok FM oficially became the greatest eletronic/dance radio ever put together in any videogame.

youtube.com/watch?v=j-_eFMN6naA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=atha8XPhkuQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

I wish they made more expansions for GTA4

BOGT was so cool as in it was so wacky while being in the same timeline as the dark GTA4 and TLAD

bogt>iv>tlatd

I think only TLAD and TBOGT alone were already perfect, the main game and the expancions filled each other stories in such a unique way.

And yeah, I love how GTA IV and TLAD are very dark, but then you come to TBOGT and suddenly is this whole colorful and joyful party.

I think story wise, GTA IV is still superior, but TBOGT beat the main game in absolutely everything else.

If i never played the expansions is the PC version of the GTA 4 complete edition worth it? theres a bunch of people complaining about it in steam reviews i just want to know if it should be avoided

I lived GTAIV. V was so disappointing.

IV's jazz station was amazing.

TBoGT might be my favorite GTA game, even if it's just a expansion.
It took the bleak and gritty GTA IV and made it just fun enough to bridge the gap between the superserious GTA IV and the over the top San Andreas/Vice City. I agree that Gay Tony is one of the best written gay characters, I also think Luis Lopez is one of the best GTA protags. He breaks the line of "revenge/trying to get to the top"-type protagonists as he is already at the top and fighting to stay there. His angle of conflicting loyalties and him breaking his ties with his toxic family and childhood friends felt way more real than any other characters struggle. Generally I think BoGT has the best character writing in all of GTA. The addition of Mori for example gave a rather flat character in Bruce way more depth and actually made the player understand why he acted the way he did. Yusuf is just the cherry on top.
I seriously hope we get to see Luis and Tony again and I hope they have a better fate than poor Johnny.

Well, I did not play neither GTA IV or the expansions on a PC, so I cannot tell you how great they are in terms of performance, but game wise, I would say is highly recomended.

Both expansions are very different from the main game in terms of theme and tone and they add a lot of new content.

well all 3 stories do intersect so i kinda consider them a package deal

>I lived GTAIV. V was so disappointing.
lol what a fucking retard

IV was a fucking boring travesty. You basically like it because you were 12 when it came out and thought it was OMG SO REALISTIC HURRRRR. IV is literally the worst one in the entire series.

1. GTA Vice City
2. GTA V
3. GTA = GTA2
5. GTA SA
6. GTA III
>POWER GAP

Its kind of amazing how TBOGT fix so many problems players had with GTA IV.

I have a felling the next GTA title will be in Vice City and we will get to see what happend to Tony, that city has everything to do with the character.

Are you okay?

I am now.

You know, while I agree with you that GTA IV is the weakest entry on this franchise... I just can't bring myself to dislike the game.

Theres something so unique about GTA IV, I don't know if its the characters or the setting, that makes me apreciate the game for what it is. Even if it pales in comparasion with the rest of the games.

>turning on explosive shots

im actually downloading this on steam right now

more fun than gta 5 imo

youtube.com/watch?v=atha8XPhkuQ

you just wont get stable 60fps

i have a shitty computer amd fx 6300 and radeon 7850 2gb and run gta 4 fine

wtf i hate gta4 now?

To me, this expansion saved GTA IV

Forgot to put this in the description, lots of new cool cheat codes too.

True, I think thats not even up to debate.

The eletronic music in thsi game is fantastic, both Vladisvostok FM and Electro-Choc became my favorite radio stations in the entire franchise. Wish there were nightclubs in real life that played music like this.

I spent hours downloading various Software just to get it to work properly because of all the shit they did to protect the Game from being pirated. Its worth it though

Im not worried about the game itself or performance issue more about complaints about Games for windows live that im seeing that supposedly make the game unplayable. I just wanna know if its steam reviewers being retarded as usual or if its broken

Should I just play this instead of gta 4? Haven't played either.

game for windows live works fine if you download the updated client from xbox.com before you install gta 4

the gfwl client that comes packed with steam is outdated and will not work right

Well, if you are looking for a more fun and over the top experience, then get TBOGT. I would only recomend GTA IV for you, if you want a more personal and dark storyline.

Once you get it to work and installed all the Windows Live software and than all the additional stuff its fine and wont interfere with the game at all. It's just getting there thats so incredibly frustrating

>Gay Tony will never treat you like a son
>Yusuf will never be your friend

>ctrl+f fuck
>10 results for the whole thread and they all belong to this post

This was back when Rockstar, for some reason, did not think very highly of PC gaming. I remember GTA IV port was atrocious and RDR did not even get a port at all. Thank God that changed now.

Thanks for the replies. Ill probably get the game and set it up in the morning

autism

I wish GTAIV would get an Xbox One port.

>implying a ripoff of Scarface is better than IV.
Go to bed, grandpa

IV has depth in terms of story, mechanics, and map design and general interactivity (friendship bonuses, eating at restaurants etc.).

V was as deep as a puddle in all of the above aspects and, on top of that, had weaker mission design and side activities than IV.

Didn't even have to read, all I saw was your shitty power ranking
>GTA5 at 2
>GTASA at 5

How does it feel to have shit taste?

Well, RDR got a XOne port, so maybe is just a matter of time.

I would also not discard the possibility that they will make a remaster for PS4 and XOne, it would be the perfect oportunity to include Liberty City in GTA Online.

I cant get gta 5 to start.

get a black screen once the social club logs in.

I used to play the game alot but one day social club crapped out on me, reinstalled social club and verified integrity of files nothing worked.

also ballad of gay tony was fun playing online with friends

>weaker mission design

Now I have to disagree with you on that. GTA IV have an awesome story, but the mission design is boring as fuck, every single mission can be summarized in "go to X, kill Y enemies, return", with some variations of stell vehicle and evade the cops. Barely anything creativity, except for some missions that required the player to use the in-game internet.

GTA V was a return to form after this, the missions felt much more like the good old days of San Andreas.

You tell me faggot.

>story
COUSIN LETS GO BOWLING WHEN YOU'RE NOT DEALING WITH A BULLSHIT PRETENTIOUS WANKERY OF ROCKSTAR TRYING TO BE A MICHAEL MANN MOVIE

>mechanics
Most unsatisfying shooting mechanics in any GTA game period. Hardly any guns and they all feel like shit. Euphoria engine also makes controlling the faggot feel clunky as all shit. All around a boring fucking game, and also the GTA that introduced cover mechanics.

>map design
It has a nice map but there's fuck all to do in it.

>general interactivity (friendship bonuses, eating at restaurants etc.).
Wanna know how I know you're a lonely faggot? Regardless, all that shit is boring as all fuck and is still present in GTAV

>V was as deep as a puddle in all of the above aspects and, on top of that, had weaker mission design and side activities than IV.
No that's just you literally being a fucking idiot blinded by nostalgia for playing IV when you were a 12 year old shithead.

GTA IV is literally the second most disappointing game I've ever played in my life. It's only beaten by Dark Souls II in this regard. Get fucked and go back to Halo, COD and all that other shit you played growing up resulting in you having absolutely no clue about video games you little fucking mouthbreathing turd.

I get 30fps on V, 20 in dense areas with graphics set to very high. I reinstalled iv and eflc the other day thinking updating to Windows 10 and new a p
Graphics card would make it play better. Still only getting 10-15fps with lots of gitter. Loved the game on console but R* totally fucked that iv era with itz optimization and lazy additions to the game. gtav should've been IV considering it only took them 2 years to complete V.

if you dont use social club you can remove paul.dll to skip it

This.

Saints Row 4 is better than GTA4 and GTAV

I prefer the simpler missions because you can approach them anyway you want. Too many of V's missions were overly-scripted and restrictive.

i loved saints row 2 but 3 was shit imo

>fuck all to do
This is wrong though.

Ignoring GTA O, V and IV have almost equal amounts of content. The only difference is that V fools you into thinking that the game is bigger than it actually is.

lol sure thing kiddo

the main reason i dont like gta 5 is the story ended way too fast and it feels like its about to get good but then ends

Prove me wrong.

From IV, V is missing:
>vigilante missions
>drug runs
>dating
>eating
>driving and shooting physics
>complexity in hand to hand combat
>friendship bonuses
>a coherent plot
>decent AI
>helicopter tours
>80% of the interiors that IV had

Oh, but there's fighter jets, so I suppose that makes it all better :^)

You can go on "dates" in V, but it's most just another character accompanying you on a thing and commenting on it. There's no actual in-game benefit or anything like that.

Couldn't you like only do those with one of the other main characters?

I think Jimmy and Lamaar may have been characters you could invite to the movies, at least.

But you don't build up relationships or get any benefits from it.

You can blame the fanbase for the lack of friendship bonuses, not Rockstar, I also liked that feature, but because everyone else hated it and asked Rockstar to get hid of it, they had no choice.

But the things you listed aren't fun interactivity. I dont care if there is more depth and mechanics, if I dont enjoy any of it what does that mean to me? Am I supposed to try and appreciate the effort when I really dont give a fuck?

ARAB MONEY

yea most people i knew who played gta 4 would talk shit about the friendship feature and having to answer their calls or lose the benefit

>>vigilante missions
>>drug runs
Plenty of other side missions and things to do instead faggot. Getting 100% in GTA V has a lot more going for it than in IV and it's literally fucking packed with shit. It's like you're being willfully retarded to deny this.
>dating
>eating
Wanna know how I know you're a loser again? Who the FUCK finds this interesting?
>>driving and shooting physics
V had its own and better in both, especially shooting. Btw IV's driving was not 'realistic'. if you think that's how a car handles irl you've literally never driven a car in your life, which wouldn't surprise me. Regardless I prefer V's faster and more arcadey driving.
>>complexity in hand to hand combat
There's literally nothing 'complex' about GTA IV's combat system and I'd rather just shoot or knife someone than engage in that clunky pile of shit euphoria retardation.
>>friendship bonuses
You are hopeless.
>>a coherent plot
See Michael Mann comment. pretentious and fucking boring and muh ludonarrative dissonance.
>>decent AI
No.
>>helicopter tours
Seriously?
% of the interiors that IV had
Nope. And why does that even matter when you can't do shit? In GTA V you can at least rob stores you fucking retard.
>Oh, but there's fighter jets
Yeah and they're awesome.

You're not bringing anything to the plate you hopeless kissless virgin. In fact most of your points are things that only made me frown at GTA IV because they were so utterly boring and pathetic. Now I know that people exist on this toilet that actually found them interesting. You really are one SAD fucking bastard, I'm not even kidding.

continued

GTA:V kills IV. Way more side missions, way better shooting mechanics, way better and more guns, way more cars, faster, tighter, more responsive, three character system with special abilities, better story missions by far, better everything. Shit if you care about that gimmicky shit V has, just off the top of my head, hunting, cinemas, amusement parks with working rides, real estate and stock market investments, all that internet shit, collecting space shit parts, fucking golf, tennis, darts, triathlon and sporting events, shooting ranges, parachutes, street and country racing with so many different kinds of vehicles, rampages and ALL the other fucking shit I can't even think of right now. Fuck, V's character customisation is so much better, both for your character and the cars you drive. I can literally go on and on and on about this.

But yeah no more dating simulation, sorry faggot, grope your waifu pillow tighter at night I guess.

I don't know how any fucking retard can possibly claim IV had more shit to do, you have to have your head so far up your ass its touching your fucking throat. literally fucking kys