Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FUyNEIsJ7Tk
ign.com/games/god-hand/ps2-822478
youtube.com/watch?v=IhLYfLmKMFg
archive.is/j7x2t
youtube.com/watch?v=OkmMCjYKvaQ
youtu.be/8EDRqPaB03I?t=148
twitter.com/satensansan/status/529972609828810752
reviewjournal.com/news/education/heart-and-sole-foothill-students-advancing-national-shoe-design-competition
youtube.com/watch?v=yKUGwlFJAHw
youtube.com/watch?v=XshS_6evfp4
youtube.com/watch?v=vZQJFbrqjUY
fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Random_Number_Generator
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This one doesn't apply. It is not exclusively review copies that go out before release. There are a lot of family and friends copies way more than go out to actual reviewers.

You must be some type of underage faggot to still keep up with "gaming news" websites.

I remember thinking GameSpot was at its rock-bottom in 2005 and decided to abandon online journalism, did it really take you 11 years to reach the same conclusion?

same here, it's been obvious for a long time that these people are all full of it.

these guys are really good at saying a lot of shit without actually saying anything

I thought that was with politicians?

>Just fucking stands there shooting at the gorund for a solid 3 seconds before realising he had to put his crosshair on the imp to kill it

Jesus christ

What game?

Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Was he playing with one hand or something? What is this shit?

>console gamers

>Intern jobs that lead to greener journalistic pastures
Fixed that for you

This is what happens when your game doesn't ship with autoaim on console.

>actually saying FAQ like fack

don't even have to read further.

You clearly haven't been on Cred Forums very long to have seen these first posted

youtube.com/watch?v=FUyNEIsJ7Tk

its not really that hard to aim with a controller without the aid of autoaim.

I have no idea how you can be so interested in games to get into the enthusiast press, but be so shit at them. Did these ones that can't even functionally play the fucking game grow up just watching their siblings play and never get any sort of experience?

Remember that time that Kotaku writer couldn't get past Blade Wolf in MGR?

>Controller babby
Belongs in the trash

This one is about as accurate as it gets, though.

>reading game journalism

For what purpose?

That must be from DarksydePhil's playthrough

inb4 autists start complaining about GG

Well they're not wrong, that's why we're the most intelligent as well though considering we have all that extra time to study and learn that people who aren't a straight white male don't get.

>I have no idea how you can be so interested in games

The thing is that they really aren't. It's just that the bar is set so low that they found work writing about it when they would have had trouble in other fields of work.

inb4 someone post the comic where GG attacked a poor womans fried chicken

I kinda feel like journalism is desperate and people will take jobs for anything, even stuff they don't know.

Does anyone ever aspire to be a video game journalist? Or do you end up as one when you fail at real journalism

>the most intelligent
those are asians

>[ugh]
never fails, ever

tis the sign of the devil now, its so funny when you see people use it you can immediately write them off as a lost cause

Was seriously about to ask this.

media IS politics in 2016

that thread was great

That's why they still use fax machines and constantly find new ways to fuck the planet over in dramatic ways, correct?

Yeah, it is pretty easy to write for. And there's probably more money in it than writing RC or Model Train stuff. I mean that's what you gotta think of it as, Enthusiast/Hobbyist press.

no, they are the most cheating

sure

Please put up a fight, you're making me feel like an asshole

whatever helps you sleep at night, user.

Assuming you know because you've played it, how is the inkeeping stuff? I really love games like Recettear or Kamidori where you run a shop or something between adventures. Last Station had you running a train but that one kind of sucked.

i'm a college writing tutor
I'm constantly asked by Chinese/Indian/Paki students for help plagiarizing

also, they will often have a friend's homework that they can't even read (because they cheat instead of learning the language) that they will then try to copy with a few changes here and there so they don't get caught

I have personally witnessed entire classes of students using a single example to copy from

Played NuDoom with an xbox contoller on my pc and there is really no excuse for this shit because I get head shots literally every other shot.

Also many games have custom versions for reviewcopies that don't mesh with normal Steam achievements.

A lot of these people have little to no passion for games. Some of them downright dislike games. But they do have a degree that says they can write (journalism, communications etc.). News journalism is both hard to break into and relatively difficult work once you're actually in. It requires a modicum of people skills, long work hours to get a story and is highly competitive. They don't have enough talent or credentials to review films or music, because those industries actually have at least a small amount of integrity and will blackball a reviewer who obviously has no talent and no knowledge of the subject matter. Games journalism has none of these barriers to entry.

On top of this, it becomes easier and easier to fill the review sites with people like them once one person like this is hired, because he'll recommend his other journalism school rejects every time a position opens. So they slowly filled up all of them

The Godhand review is an abomination

ign.com/games/god-hand/ps2-822478

Well, this guy's a moron. True that an art critic needn't have any high art skills but he does need enough knowledge on the subject matter to identify concepts, techniques and other relevant properties, which involve a history of the medium, periods where techniques and styles were used and names of people who are prominent in the field. Film and book critics need to have some basic knowledge of the equivalent criterias to each respective art form.

How can a person who sucks at games tell you what is right and wrong with them? How would they even know since to them all of the games are just as hard?

A player of average skill can tell you better what kind of games a noob or a pro can enjoy over a person who sucks at all games.

youtube.com/watch?v=IhLYfLmKMFg

>September 2004
>Hyped Monster Hunter since the first trailers dropped.
>Game is coming out.
>IGN gives it a 5/10, claiming it's a pile of shit.
>Other sites score it low as fuck.
>GMR is the only publication to give it a decent score.
>GMR literally had their own event quest. Fucking shills.
>2007-2008 rolls around. People all of a sudden love Monster Hunter.
>Everyone's playing the series and loving every second of it.
>IGN literally changes the review to a higher score.
>Every Monster Hunter from that point on receives high scores due to popularity.
>Give up on game journalism entirely.

Games journalism is cancer. GamerGate was right.

still angry about this one

>MechaGamezilla
mah nigga

Post the one of based DSP destroying the IGN numale who reviewed Double Dragon Neon

So they gave the first game a bad score then scored later games better? That's not that bad, even though the series hasn't changes much.

Game Journalists get fuck all money for there time. What do you expect. When you give someone like $50 (If you're lucky and work for someone major) to play through a game that takes at least 6 hours and write an article that takes about the same then you're going to get trash. They're on like $4 an hour, of course they cut corners. Start paying them a real wage and you'll get real content. No wonder they write click bait shit where they can skip the playing part.

If it makes you feel any better, the Official UK Nintendo Magazine stopped being published almost two years ago.

No. They gave the first one a low score then revised the score higher AFTER it became popular.

shit, and I thought I was garbage at any shooter

This must be why they invented auto-aim.

Rome 2 was also such a fucking shitstorm on release that I could hardly blame anyone not playing it that long.

That looks like something I would see on Cred Forums

>2013 was 8 years ago

To summarize: the curtains are blue

Or you end up working at Buzzfeed

I get that reference

This is a terrible justification. So people working in fast food make minimum wage so we should overlook it if they spit in our burgers or burn french fries? Do the fucking job you're paid for.

W-what game?

Polygon does that a lot too. Deadly Premonition was a 4 until they found out that it was popular and then rebranded it as a 7.

You're thinking of chinks and DAKs.

>completely incapable of moving and aiming at the same time

If you were reviewing a book, people would expect you to at least have a basic understanding of the language it is written in.

Gaming journalism is the only area in life where the people who perform it argue that they're doing you a service by being fucking awful at their jobs.

Seconding this request

no, it's more like in order to meet the demands of the job they're forced to take incredible shortcuts because they're given impossible deadlines

>remember the Kotaku writer couldn't get past blade wolf

Fuck, every journalist couldn't get past Blade Wolf. Remember when they all said the game didn't have a dodge, then when pointed out one existed, a few fired back and said
>Offensive defensive is an attack, not a dodge move

fax machines are still widely used in plenty of places in north America, especially in places where higher security is needed.

Only reason why people dont notice is because not many people actuality have a job where it matters.

t. game journalist

This is true. Especially if you put the sensitivity option just right. Don't know why people act like it's impossible to play an FPS with a controller.

What does that have to do with video games?

>faxing warrants for arrests to different agencies and county/city jails despite the fact they can actually look it up in NCIC as well

I'm mean, sure, they don't get about three additional pages, but it's a fucking pain in the ass every time. You even need somebody to stand at the fucking fax machine in a secure building the entire time until it has been fully sent over.

Do the job better, get paid better. You don't get paid better FIRST under the assumption that you'll do better LATER.

Continue to exhibit mediocre performance, continue to receive mediocre compensation. The job isn't even physically demanding, and most would say it's not particularly mentally demanding either.

i kind of want to be one just so i can expose them and quit dramatically

how is it legal to make this stuff since it involves children under 18 in sexual situations which is a violation of US federal law? why arent these baby rapers in jail already>?

No it's because in journalism you choose between an and a based on the first word in an acronym, not how the acronym sounds. Although it's still a stupid point to make.

>You even need somebody to stand at the fucking fax machine in a secure building the entire time until it has been fully sent over.
ummm, no, that is unless you are still using some machine from the 80s. Everything now has secure receive based in passcodes and extensions.

What sites do you even use to get news from?
You can't pick up everything from the Cred Forums catalog.
Nintendo Life keeps me informed on any news on Nintendo platforms but the reviewers are (unsurprisingly) massive apologists for shitty Nintendo games.
I don't know where to go for Playstation or PC news that will keep me updated on new developments and upcoming games that I might have missed.

Fucking Xplay reviewed Katamari Damacy twice because of popularity

Yeah, I noticed this in the gameplay, they are incapable of moving both sticks at the same time. I know that mouse and keyboard are better but playing controller isn't this bad. It's like if you let grandma have a shot at Doom.

MGR was a treat

>Little baby cry cry is mad that someone gets paid to play video games and he still lives with his mom
I thought we kicked all you goobergate virgins out.

Yeah, no. It's SOP to have an officer or records associate stand at the machine while the fax is printing for our agency and surrounding agencies.

Secure receive means jack shit to procedures that have not been updated or sent to committees.

obvious bait
(You)

Occasionally I think to myself "Man, I'm really fucking awful at FPSs."

Then I see these two webms and remember that thread and suddenly I don't feel so awful.

The whole DmC:DmC incident was one train wreck after another for these assholes. I'm glad that shit game failed twice.

TechRaptor I suppose.

No one answered you an hour later, but its non existent. There is no inn stuff, there is little building relationship stuff like in Rune Factory -- it literally consists of "I want to talk to this girl for this chapter." The story is OK, but nothing to write home about, the characters are OK, but the number one thing that makes that game awesome and makes me give it a 8/10? Every girl, sans one, is in a maid outfit. Even the brown tomboy and the loli.

> polygon
> get invited to the brand new Rockband game preview event
> bitch about fizzy drinks, pastrys, how you hate rock music, how you hate your job, thinks video games are stupid
> not a single sentence on what rock music will be in the game or new mechanics in the game or any game related thing that fans will want to know about this new Rockband game

archive.is/j7x2t

Ladies and gents... this is what modern day gaming "journalism" looks like.

>didn't start gaming until mid-2006

>What sites do you even use to get news from?

These days... Gematsu and nichegamer. That's about it. I make sure to avoid sjw hubs or anyone who shat on gamers in the past.

All games journalism (and this includes YouTube autists that Cred Forums so desperately loves to shill) is shit, but Polygon is so bad I sometimes wonder if their website is an experiment to see just how far they can push the definition of "games journalism" without someone calling them out.

>If you were reviewing a book, people would expect you to at least have a basic understanding of the language it is written in.
In this case the analogy is more like the person is reading the damn thing upside down.

How is Polygon still around? I figured the Sims City "Always Online" disaster would have ruined them.

Appreciate it but that's disappointing. Maybe after the big gamemaker sale I'll make my own Inn management game.
I'm not super into maids so I'll give the game a pass. But tomboys maid-up to be super cutesy like that is a wonderful thing for sure.

Eh, I imagined more as someone who had to stop every third word to look something up in the dictionary because they didn't know what it meant.

Polygon does make some good youtube content. Their Monster Factory series is top notch

That DOOM video though...

>literally a jew in the pic

>pol is always right.jpg

Nah it's when polygon released 30 minute gameplay video, it's one of the staff playing there.

If you have a copy of Okami on the Wii, you have the IGN watermark on it.

Suggestion: Start writing dialogue for it first. Lots of it. Like try to do forty lines a day for a good three months before you program anything.

While also holding the book upside down.
Including the computer monitor.

>"I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"
Really makes you think...

This count all the sold copies. Not all the played at least 1 min copies.

All the steam achievements are like this. Even the "Beat the tutorial" ones are sometimes as low as 30%.

jojo

>An actually good/funny article
Guess how I know this shit isn't real

Adventures of Pip is cool :)

way to get triggered

Holy fuck that freak out, my sides. Journalists act like fucking Cred Forums shitposters at this point.

SENRAN FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH
Is this really the main appeal of the game?

The vast majority of hacks that couldn't cut it have to resort to the lowest form of journalism, games journalism.

It's just the honest truth, not even hating. Most of these people do this because they can't get anywhere else.

IGN, where shit posters act like journalists and journalists act like shit posters.

im in tears

Nick Robinson and Griffin McElroy are two genuinely funny motherfuckers who produce good content, so it surprises me that they work for Polygon.

This. Sums it up perfectly.

fucking kek I almost forgot about that

Please explain this.
Shitposting or something I'm missing.

Fuck off even if these were all fake they make a point.

"Ah Aitch Arr Bee Cue Dee Double you Ee Ef El..."

I still think it was fucking pathetic that Jessica Chobot was in Mass Effect 3. Talk about a conflict of interest.

Y-you too.

Whatever pays the bills I guess

He reference the fact that each letter can be written as a word, and then placed the words in alphabetical order.

Ah, Ach, Arr, Bee, Cue, Dee, Double You, Eeh, Ef, El, Em, En and so on.

Alphabetical order of their phonetics. It's stupid.

"she" looks like a tranny though

>When you were sent to preview a game at a paid event but have a existential crisis instead

She's a model, why not? She's not an actual reviewer. She might have left IGN by that point too. Replaced by the much better, and Quebec born, Naomie Kyle.

Really? I thought it was clever.

>stupid

Kek, these are terrible. There is no ah letter.

Like they didn't use a cute gamer gurl for views anyway.

She was still with IGN at the time.

It's the result of bitter revolving door unpaid millennial interns who fell for their Marxist professor's "gender studies degree guaranteed 100k starting" speeches.

Would you expect quality from a fashion mag for teenage girls? No? Gaming mazagines / websites are just the same, only for teenage boys.

They're all identity politicians, user.

She's hired to read from a teleprompter though. It's a conflict for IGN though.

Ah right, mixed it with French A. In french it's Ah and not Ae.

Iirc a lot of the bloggers don't have journalism degrees just the heads do typically. Everyone else is just piggy backing on the lead / gamers never looking into that sort of thing.

Sorta relevant

The worst kinds of """gamers""" are the people who think they're above video games as a medium and everyone who plays them. It's Phil Fish syndrome, and it's fucking annoying.

to be honest at least I'm glad that these pieces of shit faded into obscurity

Video games are not for teenage boys though.

she has cute hair

Let's not forget the day anti shills was BTFO

What is this filth? Someone found a mutual interest with a stranger of the opposite sex and used that as a harmless way to initiate a conversation? He literally raped her. CIS men really are worse than Hitler.

>tfw GG killed the guy that made fake kotaku article
The only kind of thread I'm missing, when you couldn't tell the real articles from the false ones without going there.

G-gamers are entitled.
Give me money, I'm a hard working dev.

Why do all trans people just ask to get paid for existing?

I mean only a fool would believe them.

youtube.com/watch?v=OkmMCjYKvaQ

Regardless of when he "Started gaming" that little snippet is pretty fucking accurate.

XCOM 2 was "Ok" at best. Worse then the first one for sure.

>their Marxist professor's "gender studies degree guaranteed 100k starting" speeches.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The 3DS ones have genuinely good plot/characterization. I'm not even getting.

The Sony ones are a bit more like that. Shinovi holds back a little but but Estival doesn't hide it.

That sounds like a lot more effort than what games journalism puts in.

Not all trans people. Only stupid one. Entitled people are everywhere. If you worked more than one day in any shop where you interacted with customers, you would know that.

The sentence "I would like to speak with a manager" usually dont come from Trans people but from cunts.

>getting.
kidding

that's what i get for typing this shit half-asleep

because they aren't really trans

>Some stupid weeb game about titty ninjas that only the weebest of weebs would go out and actually buy at a store is damaging the industry.

Is that the one where the author is having a panic attack because she said "I raped you"? I liked that one.

Gonzo journalism ruined journalism

nice stdh.txt, the only people getting fed memes about their degrees are STEMtards who think 'proficient with MATLAB' turns their resume into a ticket to silicon valley

But its dangerous because they might look at it in a store!

Polygon is among some of the most corrupted I've seen. I'm pretty sure they were paid to give great reviews. Sim City was given a 9.5 before the game was even out and people found how broken it was to the point that the servers didn't even work for a month after game came out.

If the kid is old enough to be in a store alone without a parent, he's old enough to play the game.

They don't have journalism degrees user. Like a handful of these fuckers in the trade press might have gone to j school. Working for a trade press is somewhat acceptable. Working for online journalism is what you do when you can't hack it literally anywhere else. Working in the gaming press online is the lowest form of journalism out there. Anyone with a degree is going to spam local papers everywhere in their country till they get a job and move there, then work up from there. They'll freelance online but not with their actual name on a byline 9 times out of 10 while they're doing the above.

Well obviously this was before New Leaf.

christ they could at least TRY to hide the fact that they don't play video games.

>being bothered by reading out an acronym the way its spelled.

Just about every acronym is meant to be read out the way it's spelled. Especially if it goes "consonant-vowel-consonant-etc".

One example comes to mind: AWOL, absence without leave -- nobody reads it out one letter at a time. You say, "ay-wol".

Seriously, why do some people get upset by this?

I'm glad I'm not the only one holding onto this idea

Where have the good old time went Cred Forums? I feel so old.

Moving and aiming at the same time? No man, he's completely incapable of doing either independently. Even when he stopped he couldn't fucking aim.

It seriously boggles my mind how anyone can be this bad at ANY game. Do they actually suffer from a mental disability? Do they play with their hands in mittens? How the actual fuck does one manage these levels of incompetence? In multiplayer shooters, it's always floored me to watch hapless teammates sit over a weapon pickup for like 20 seconds before figuring out how to pick it up when the game has a fucking visual indicator on how to pick it up. What kind of cognitive deficiencies does one have to possess to play that poorly? Even when I was 4 and just starting to play games I played better than these fuckwads.

Literally how?

Well there is a difference between reviewers and 10 000 people trying to play the game. But yeah.

Journalism degree mean shit really. Anybody can review something pretty easily. Journalism is about detective work and retracing stuff. That's just reviewing stuff and waiting for somebody to talk on Twitter. There is barely no Journalism out there because they all talk to each other and dont want to stop getting reviews copies.

You think that IGN will go out and uncover tax fraud made by Valve[Fictive event]? Of course not, they wont talk about it until it's out in the open

>Subscribe to ShoeOnHead
>Expected her to not say edgy shit.

> get perfect 10/10 score not from merit, but from being friends with corrupted gaming journalists

But what if the kid is in a store with their parent and see it? Not the back, mind you, the front.

>Ay
You mean like "I?" I thought, and have always heard, it pronounced closer to "Eh wall"

It's stupid. That's not alphabetical order.

Unless you sent Capcom your address, in which case you would be sent a replacement insert with cool alternate artwork.

Articles like this are why I refuse to ever consider Animal Crossing good.

>furry bait
>challenge and traditional gameplay are "toxic" and "triggering" so the game needs to be a safe space for people to get away from the evil "videogamey" parts of the industry
>the fans do nothing but draw porn of the characters

It's disgusting frankly.

shit analogy

video games journalism is people who cannot read, trying to read a book, then judging the entire book on the first page

InsideGaming/FunHaus are always funny as fuck

Whoever runs this twitter is great. I really want to know who it is.

Why the fuck does Sonic have no chill anymore?

Game reviewers should be forced to play games on the hardest difficulty

The dude they hired to run their Twitter account knows damn well how to handle PR that's why.

The 3DS ones are the real games, SK2 is pretty good. It's the Vita games that are the fanservice titty games

>a game is bad because its fanbase is bad
never change Cred Forums

reminder that these spellings are legal in scrabble

>WE WANT GAMES TO BE ART AND GROW INTO A MATURE MEDIUM!
>Give perfect 10s to the blandest game ever because it has a lesbian
>If this existed as a book or movie, it would've been ignored and shelfwarm the discount bins
>Journalist go on about how groundbreaking it is and how they cried at the end.

What then? It's a girl with big boobs. He sucked milk out of boobs like 3-4 years ago.

And there are more risky stuff in the DVD area.

>tis
*tips fedora respectfully*

You guys make these threads now, but as soon as reviews for the game you like or hate drop, you turn tale and rush defend these shitty ass review sites and their asinine opinions.

A fanbase is usually the reflection of the game itself. If the game's message is "have a participation award, you don't have to try to be better, just be content without challenging yourself" then the fanbase will reflect that by not trying to be better.

Undertale suffered this same fate.

>WE WANT GAMES TO BE ART AND GROW INTO A MATURE MEDIUM!
I want this meme to die, I want vidya to be game.

This is terrific.

Well yeah, they are words. The word for B is Bee.

90% of people pronounce it. If you spell it out you're literally autistic.

Jokes on you, I've never once defended """gaming""" """""journalism""""". Even if they give my favorite games glowing praise, I don't listen to their reviews for even a second.

Semantics

Anyone have that Anita as the Venus pic with the game journalists as her angels?

In my forty five years I have never heard anyone pronounce it. Everyone has spelled it out.

i wonder what it smell like

Except that literally doesn't matter in this case because you say FAQ: Eff Ayyy Queue. And that means he would always 100% have "an" instead of "a". That's proper, "a" is not.

"Go read the FACK"
Heard it a couple time in my twenty seven years,. I use F A Q, but heard Fack often.

Tell me about your dankest Kotaku moment Cred Forums.

>Gaming is still very much a male-dominated industry - and suffers as a result, due to an inherent lack of balance.
What does this even mean?

That he doesn't know anything about Japan.

i want to clone this man to replace every other video game """""""journalist"""""""" in existence

I wanna be that floating dude.

I swear trying to speak with the customer service at Amazon about my copy of the "Shinovi Versus 'Let's Get Physical' Edition" was nerve-wracking.

if it isn't obvious to you faggots yet... you should know that gaming journalists hate gamers and video games. They're only doing this shit because it's a fucking job and it makes them look cool and hip. They do not share the passion and love for vidya like we do.

Hence all the "gamers are dead" articles back when GG started.

Her entire argument for stoping the panel and challenging Seth Killian was "Where are all the half naked men at" in regards to fucking street fighter.

Lowest hanging fruit or whatever.

If they weren't incompetent at their job and actually hired people that knew what the fuck they were doing it wouldn't be an issue at all whether it's 100 or 10000 people. They obviously don't know what the fuck they're doing and they shouldn't hire someone that doesn't know what the fuck theyre doing. Im confident an undergrad takings a single networking course could have made their launch successful.

If I remember, it gets even crazier that it was a reply to
>Hey totalbiscuit, what are your plans for the year
or something like that

He does fantastic

Even if you hate the games, you have to wonder what they would say if they knew that Neptunia was made by a nearly all female cast or that the Rance series is written by a woman.

>pokemon go isnt supposed to be used for the purpose it was created

Is this satire? 'Holy shit fuck you you rich cunt, now give me money'? It's a bit presumptuous even for a tranny indie dev.

Easy, they just say "Internalized mysgony" or something else that's essentially them saying that these women are stupid for not following their ideals. Which is in itself mysognist, since it's implying that women are so stupid that they can be brainwashed by men.

Funny how that kind of irony is lost on them.

they'd sputter about internalized misogyny and ignore the hundreds of otome titles that feature sexy dudes doing sexy things.

Ignore it. Cultural relativism only work for third world shithole, not "civilized" nations.

>Neptunia was made by a nearly all female cast
That just makes me wish they'd stop. Cool tidbit about Rance though.

>Internalized mysgony

Both of you said the same thing!

Though, speaking of IFI and otomes...

The writer thinks that the genders are something like opposites that have to be balanced according to some sort of magical game production scale. When they aren't 100% balanced according to some sort of equally mysterious logic, the game industry is getting "damaged".

Another thing that's pretty damn stupid is how we're not allowed to have a game consisting entirely of "conventionally attractive women". Was that ever the issue? I'm pretty sure the only meaningful criticisms that can be made are on a large-scale basis, where it's like "99% of games have limited roles for women". It's no surprise that the idiotic enforcers aping these original observations are ready to pound game developers with insanely specific rules. Are we going to enter a police state where only appearances that are 100% congruent with the subhuman political scene are allowed? The rule-obsessed woman who wrote this sure thinks so (she even had to warn that she didn't mean 'girl' in a derogatory sense), and it's typically women and weaklings who expect everyone to bow down before some external code or expectation.

The whole thing just reeks of super simplified thinking, where everything gets generalized into these happy little formulas that exclude any kind of dissent towards their argument. That's the problem with all of this shit, they will take literally ANYTHING and apply find something to arm themselves with.

Can someone spoonfeed me on the six quotation marks meme? Is that like the (((echo))) effect when spotting out a Jew?

People all look different.
youtu.be/8EDRqPaB03I?t=148

I played Doom at a friends place on his PS4. I have not played an FPS with a gamepad for goddamn years.
I played better than this.

Shit like this are why gaming journos are shitting their pants with Youtube. If I want to actually see high level gameplay or an almost autistic analysis of a franchise, journos just don't give that. Literally the only thing that separates us from most of these gaming journos are connections. Almost none of them have any actual interesting ideas to share about games.

>Can someone spoonfeed me on the six quotation marks meme? Is that like the (((echo))) effect when spotting out a Jew?
Yes.

I agree, but the article was actually written by a man, which itself speaks volumes.

Where's that image where the girl describes joining a 'girl's gaming group' filled with only guys who hound her and compliment her on 'fighting for women's rights :^)'?
She ends her post on it by saying that movements like it are filled mostly with guys white knighting for girls who don't even exist in their immediate spaces, and this comes across in games journalism as well. Look at all of these articles and then read the names of the people who write them.

He did an interview with Polygon

This reminds me of that poo-in-loo chick who said she was raped every time she saw something that mildly upset her.

God fuckin damn.

>having slain me this morn
This has to be a troll

>Please stop. The 13th Amendment makes it illegal to own niggas like this.
Is there a better tweet out there?

Yeah, but is there a name for it or anything?

Yes.

Tyler the Creators magnum opus but thats a pretty good one.

What is it?

The end of all internet arguments forever.

I know, it was a bad joke really. I wanted to suggest his total emasculation, which goes for pretty much any man who is caught up in the orbit of this gender politics regulation garbage.

That's pretty hilarious if it's true, but even if it isn't it still highlights the 'enforcer' mentality behind it all. My brother's in a workplace full of worn out, losery white dudes, and a good handful of them are really caught up in this internet-infused social justice enforcement. One even asked him if a movie was "racially inclusive" in its cast, which says it all, really.

South Park's social justice frat boys from last season were pretty hilarious, all of this junk reminds me of them.

twitter.com/satensansan/status/529972609828810752

IT JUST KEEPS HAPPENING

That needs to be a motivational poster.

I have similar images but not that one.

E N T I T L E D

The FGC is super diverse because they don't care who you are, if you play well and can handle the bantz then step on up.

man i love those japs so fucking much

>Hey! I know we don't talk much but I'm getting schooled in twitter buy some asshole. Please come over here and look at my phone to read these tweets and insult him back for talking about anime
>OK!

I suck at fighting games bad and went to one of those big tournaments years back for kicks. That was one of the best experiences in my life. While I lost at nearly every match, even I couldn't be mad at the one black dude yelling "I got cha now bitch!" when he landed a super on me.

fucking amazing. It's incredible what the logic these people will go through:
>women in Middle East literally get acid poured on them for trying to get an education
>Nope, going to ignore that!
>weeaboos and some Japanese men use the term 'waifu'
>HOLY FUCK THE SEXISM! WE MUST STOP THIS IMMEDIATELY.

>Fantasy misogyny

And that's implying any true Japanese would do that for baka gaijin waitu piggu scum.

>Name 3 games
>errrr

I think the amazing thing is how many major sites are WORSE than gamespot in 2005.

Fun fact : Japanese people even started to use the term Waifu as an actual word because the word for Wife in Japanese is too sexist character wise.
The characters often used literally mean "inside the house"
"Etymology[edit]
Literally ‘inside the house’ from the Sino-Japanese (on'yomi) readings of 家 (か, ka, “house”) + 内 (ない, nai, “inside”).

Noun[edit]
家内 (hiragana かない, romaji kanai)

(humble) (one's own) wife"

Fucking this
I'm sick of PC users cherrypicking all this shit

because FAQ is an initialism, not an acronym

When did this whole historic revision of the word "gender" began?

>SJWs particularly in west Europe are fighting tooth and nail to introduce a culture that is the very definition of misogyny and bigotry where women are stoned to death just for being anything more than sandwich and baby factories

Maybe I need to be a "feminist" to understand.

no it isnt

Want to know how I know you're autistic?

In the current year.

Such a shame that her boyfriend was passionate about something (other than her), and that he shared that passion and enthusiasm with a close friend.

Man, fuck these kinds of women.

There's something amazing watching, in person, some top tier fighters play at EVO while some dude off to the side keeps yelling to KNOCK THAT ZOMBIE NIGGA OUT in a balrog/nash match and everyone laughs instead of politely asking him to stop because he's being inappropriate.

What is that? The toe of a dragon?

This post gave me cancer.
It didn't even have to take long.

You think I'm autistic? Please, take a mosey over to /utg/ and tel me I'm wrong.

>They told Colbert to change the line of questioning after he owned her that hard.

I hope they go back to using that word just to piss off the SJWs even further.

was meant for

Its because they dont want to be proven wrong. Deep down they know that introducing Muslims to Europe will be the death of it, but they don't care. As long as they can prove to the "alt right" that they are """""loving people"""", that's all that matters to them.
Of course, when Muhammad is raping and beheading their daughters they'll think differently.

Not really vidya, but these threads always remind me of that journalist who went on a date with that MTG guy.

>I'm sick of fighting about these virtual realities
Who wants to bet that she watches some TV show religiously?

Anyone have the Schopenhauer picture?

Why did that "boycott" happen again?

Consider:
Romans and Greeks actually did have 'boy pussy' when referring to anal sex. It wasn't considered bad or wrong for a man to penetrate another man but it was considered bad or wrong for a man to be penetrated by another man. It was considered unmanly to be penetrated, but super manly to penetrate.

So always, really.

I fucking loved those threads.

>lol
What a great rebuttal!

No peer to peer and owned servers. Only official servers.

that's why you don't let 18 year old interns run your social media

Something I've noticed is that video game reviews are never actually reviews. They're just a series of vaguely sarcastic remarks and awful jokes that give you a general sense of whether or not the game functions.

Bad gonzo journalism is bad, good gonzo journalism is godlike.

Really makes you ponder...

This is the kind of girl, at the age of 30, will sit back with her saggy used up meat curtains and say to herself
>Why won't anyone date me? Where have all the good men gone?
I'm not even mad. I know she'll spend the rest of her life unhappy and alone. That's what you get for being a cunt.

And he makes more money than her doing what he loves. What the fuck is wrong with women?

That's intercourse, not gender. Pulling a word out of a hat and calling it your gender started in the last 6 years.

Wow, sounds like Jon really dodged a bullet there.

Why do people even pay attention to review scores in the first place? Like what does "7/10" actually tell you? What objective metric can you possibly use to meaningfully compare all games ever made with a single round number? It's all arbitrary, a gimmick cooked up by marketing companies to make handsome box blurbs.

Never pay attention to scores, it will only make you a worse person.

>Cait Belcher of Foothill HS
Is that the same woman on this page?
reviewjournal.com/news/education/heart-and-sole-foothill-students-advancing-national-shoe-design-competition

Of course it done by Patrick "Top Kek" Klepek. Fuck that cunt.

>judging people on shallow stuff is human nature
I really hope that someone asked her if she didn't just think she was being a bitch, especially with wording like
>infiltrated his way into

Holy shit this article makes me mad. Jon did dodge a bullet. Given how non-plussed she seems about what's she's writing, I think it's more stupidity than actual malice.

This article was incredibly infuriating but even more so with the explanation at the beginning as if it somehow justifies the shitty attitude of the person. At least the comment section teared her a new one.

Of all the humans that exist on this planet, I hate Ben Kuchera the most.

By then it will be far too late. SJWs need to stop living in the moment ESPECIALLY for their sake.

>Meet a normal guy who is down to earth, has a fun job, and is loved by many people
>"Fuck him, he's a nerd"
I don't understand

Bitches.

>women
Now you understand.

>I can't even possibly talk about shopping or makeup for four hours

What a lying whore.

Women want prestige. She wants to brag to her friends about dating a doctor or a lawyer. He might be the perfect guy but he can't give her social status.

Klepek genuinely brings nothing interesting to discussion.
The dumbass 'Scoops' nickname he got about breaking the Xbox story only happened because he received an email meant for someone else. Outside of that it's just parroting whatever the hot opinion is on twitter and calling things problematic.

Notch's aloofness is the best part of this.

But that aren't all like that, right?
She isn't secretly mocking me, right?

I won't lie. When I was still attached, all I could think of during my boring ass "dates" with her to go do pointless shit like shopping where she actually just tries on clothes and never buys them was that, I rather be at home playing vidya.

Jokes on her, he was loaded.

I may have misunderstood the question in my current tired state; I thought you were referring to calling this or that masculine or feminine, not calling this human -- oh sorry, otherkin or whatever the fuck they identify as -- male, female, mayo, attack helicopter, etc. While I'm sure that shit has happened sometime in history, I don't know of when.

Bingo. All women want from a man is status. Whether it be his looks, job, accomplishments, etc. If you can't offer anything they can leech off of, you're below them in their eyes.

You know damn as me only cunts are like that and theres the man equivalent of bitches

its funny she tried this at a person who she, nor anyone else, can leverage on, Notch gives no fucks and is a billionaire.

you can't do shit to him, why try.

Ill save you the time of reading this article:
>i need attention
>i need attention
>i need attention
>why arent they paying attention to me
>im supposed to be the center of attention
>wtf i just sighed and nobody noticed

This is the writer of that article.

He's famous for writing star trek fanfiction, and wearing women's clothes to get back at misogynists.

Care to repeat that in english? I feel like you may have a point but I can't understand you.

>Balding beardman with glasses
How do all of these people look the same?
Are they from a cloning facility somewhere?

The fact that the Undertale fanbase is autistic means nothing towards the actual content of the game, and vice versa.

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT MYST

this girl got fucking obliterated for this so dont feel too bad.

Source?

huh ive heard great things about old mens war though

I'm sitting here watching netlix with my girlfriend, wanting to stop and play Dead Rising. She's completely uninterested in videogames beyond Mario Kart, but at least this one doesn't judge me for having the audacity of having a hobby.

Show me

In all fairness tho, rich bankers will marry either a woman who is already rich herself, or a woman whose family is rich. That's how you guarantee your place in the world.

That cunt simply doesn't know how the world works.

All cucks look alike, I see.

The game has no meat other than muh story and muh lore. So the fanbase has nothing to discuss, gameplay-wise. Therefore they're quick to revert to drawing porn and erotic roleplay.

And those women are mostly very hot cause they can afford plastic surgery

This angers me because it would actually make sense for a "normal" VN like Tsukihime or Planetarian, but Danganronpa is an actually game, one WAY more mechanically dense than Gone Home.

James is a gift to humanity.

>Patriarchy is so fucking bad omg you white men in your boys club!
>ITS OK WHEN SJWs HIRE THEIR FRIENDS THROUGH NEPOTISM!

Someone should crack open one of those numale's skulls

Remember the 4 Bs:

Bald(ing)
Bearded
Bespectacled
Beta

To be fair, taking your date to a show about Jeffrey Dahmer is pretty fucking weird if there was no mutual agreement on it beforehand.

She got shredded in the comments when it was on... whatever website it was on. One of the Gawker owned ones. She was fired over that article too because of the backlash.

Not to mention the guy wrote an article himself that destroyed her.

Status come from money. So just skip the whole thing about jobs or accomplishments, and say it's about money.

Money is part of it but women still want their man to do something "socially acceptable"

What did he say?

maybe he didnt mean it as an insult,but total biscuit was simply telling him he of his cancer plan.

Holy shit I go into this thread wanting reviews and I get a bunch of the same old Cred Forums and /r9k/ bullshit. I guess Cred Forums finds political garbage simple to digest but distinguishing between thought out opinions and mass appeal drivel is too hard. Makes sense when you browse this board.

Post some shitty reviews.

What hurts more to read: A bad review praising a bad game or a bad review shitting on a good game?

Bad praising bad, nothing hurts more than seeing people rave about how good a shitty game is

I don't go to gaming journalist for Game review, it's like asking a retard about philosophy.

>She isn't secretly mocking me, right?
You to?

sleep with != boyfriend

yes, the cuckening is real.

>people discussing an article written by a cunt
>WTF? I FUCKING HATE THIS!
piss off.

Holy shit, I would be gay for Jon Finkek

When will this current idiotic "revising" of it come to an end?

All of the gender politic idiots of today are still busy conjuring up the latest "gender identity" nonsense, but the real story is the impossibility of fully disentangling male from female into two, or two thousand, sectioned-off identities. The truth is that past a certain point, gender doesn't lend itself to the linear, oppositional framing we necessarily read into it.

This latest explosion of "gender pronouns" is really just people directing energies into crystallizing gender into a set of rules and logics (something it was "replaced" by recently). I'd say that if people want to reduce gender to some stupid self-same identity head-game, maybe it's because they're too threatened by the reality of gender. The reality of how men have dominated women to the point of an instinctive subservience, for example. What's sad is how something like that will be thrown away and marked as "wrong", even if it was out of total necessity and yielded up something amazing that couldn't of been found otherwise.

If anything, the masculine and feminine are universally recurring forms which have gradually come to shine through the species more and more over time (did it start with the masculinity of the sun impregnating the earth?). At what point do we arrive at the definitive male or female? We don't because there isn't a hope of an absolute definition or identity, but there's at least the hope of a higher version of the masculine and feminine that the species will come into (even if we've written it off today).

Ok I'm done.

this is some of the dumbest shit i've ever read

The issue wasn't him getting his ass kicked on a hard difficulty - it was his aiming and general tactics were so poor that it was as if he'd never really played a shooter before.

If you're job is to review games you should be basically competent enough to play any genre even if you aren't amazing at it. Why is someone who clearly barely plays shooters getting to have a "professional" opinion on DOOM?

This review was written while the reviewer was allegedly tripping balls.

Maybe, user. Her care and admiration seem genuine, and it would be rude of me to be overly paranoid.
But let's not blogpost. What other pathetic people can we talk about?

We're making fun of journalists, faggot. Tone down the victim complex

>men have dominated women to the point of an instinctive subservience
Do you happen to be a Muslim? :^)

Are John Oliver and Louis C.K there just because they fit the look, or are they actually on the social-justice spewing spectrum?

youtube.com/watch?v=yKUGwlFJAHw

Wait, so what does 'waifu' come out to similarly? Since all Japanese words seem to have a meaning with characters or something.

why not both? .jpg

Have you never heard the "Current year" or "it's 2015" memes? That was Jon Oliver.

"Waifu" is a Japanafied version of the english word "wife". Japanese has a lot of English loanwords.

He took the moral highroad the entire time.
Didn't say anymore poor about her, just that the dates themselves were uneventful and neither were attracted to one another. And that the article didn't say anything mean to begin with so people really shouldn't care.

Course, that was the edited article he commented to begin with, her orginal was worse

>This is what happens, I thought, when you lie in your online profile. I was lured on a date thinking I’d met a normal finance guy, only to realise he was a champion dweeb in hedge funder’s clothing.

>But if everyone stopped lying in their profiles, maybe there also wouldn’t be quite as many OKCupid horror stories to tell.

>Also, for all you world famous nerds out there: Don’t go after two Gawker Media employees and not expect to have a post written about you. We live for this kind of stuff.

She blasted him for dressing nicely and not like a neckbeard and because he never mentioned Magic the gathering on a dating post. Putting it out as lying because he has other parts about him that he wanted to talk about.

Then there's the whole Gawker Media Cunt Bunch, where if you take more than one employee out to lunch in your lifetime, you're flagged by the NSA.

>toe

You're right. I need to stop thinking like this, i'll drive myself crazy

Here's Anthony Burch's wedding

youtube.com/watch?v=XshS_6evfp4

To be fair, that woman definitely isn't a model...

This player is doing okay considering that they must only have one arm

No, but there's a reason why art everywhere (excepting degenerate art) tends towards men being in positions of power, and women being the ones gloriously caught up in the orbit of that power.

But I thought his show was satire, people actually unironically use "it's 2016" as some sort of call to action or argument.

That's the spirit, user. Just never become Anthony Burch

So they just use it as 'waifu', without any of those moonrune characters (Katakana or whatever)? I don't know Japanese of course, I was just curious based on the explanation for the character breakdown of 'wife'

>degenerate
Oh boy
youtube.com/watch?v=vZQJFbrqjUY

That is so fucking disrespectful. I can't believe he had the nerve to say that kind of shit.

I was at GDC this year and I met up with some neat people from all sorts of backgrounds, mostly went out to get food and hang out while discussing vidya.
Indie devs are always, always the most undeservedly stuck up people. All they care about is how meeting someone will benefit them, and how to harvest precious attention from every person possible. I'm upset about it because indie could have been great. Indie could have been the fuck-you to AAA that could create a positive movement in the industry. Instead we get egotistic SJW garbage that want to get famous and rich.
The fact that most indies claim that games are art baffles me, since all they want to do is become the next Notch rather than create something that has impact.

Where did you learn to fly?

That entire interview was basically Colbert filling Anita's arguments with as many holes as a fine swiss cheese. She couldn't even name three games and tried changing the subject, it was great.

One of the Japanese alphabets is at least semi-phonetic; I don't know which one because I'm a proudly ignorant burger.

Parts of it aren't as serious, but he unironically says 'it's 2016, people!' all the time as an actual argument.

To be fair, Cred Forums treats it as a 100% serious show and not a comedy show, like it is, so they're retarded half the time as well.

>thought it said 'paying to win' at first
>do a double-take
>PLAYING to win
What does that even mean?

What kind of person writes that article for DS3? Some enemies deal a lot of damage but it's far and away the easiest game in the entire series with the most checkpoints, dodge invincibility that lasts for ever, being able to roll 2 or 3 times at 0 stamina, and instant health recovery.

How couldn't she name five games? It's easy as fuck. Even the normiest of normies could do it.
Pacman
Mario
Call of Duty
See?

Only two of those guys (top middle and bottom right) look like nu-males

Any person on their payroll.
Well, any person that feels capable of getting the most views.

Polygon is so bad that their endorsements are actually a neutral or negative in my book.

I'm a fucking retard. Three games. Three.

Colbert is an SJW though

It means journos don't want games to be difficult, and the notion that some games exist around the concept of actual skill is emasculating to them.

He's one of those "muh experience" nu-male cucks.

Ah, okay. I didn't know they just straight up used words from other languages in their vocabulary at times. I thought they would just convert all of the words to Japanese character equivalents or something.

Japanese writing is entirely phonetic.

>t. Fat neckbeards angry at women for rejecting them

Just in case you didn't know, sex feels REALLY good

We do it all the time. Like "futon" is literally just the Japanese word for mattress.

That doesn't change the fact that he annihilated Anita on live television.

>I can't believe they'd generalize about all modern Japanese games like that, not all Jap games are like this.
>All indie devs are awful!
cool

What is Cred Forums's kink with broad sweeping statements about entire groups of games or entire groups of people?

How can they review the game in under an hour so they can go back to the plight of women suffering everywhere for every perceived problem if the game is "hard"?

Louis CK has been going around saying how horrible white men are and how great blacks are. Taken with a bit of hyperbole, he is now coined "Louis Cuck" or "Louis the Cuck" or some variant of it thanks to Cred Forums.

It means they feel that you shouldn't actually have to play a game in order to beat it.

It's basically vouching for the "Skip gameplay button"

Hrs already not Anthony Burch. Truly there is a god and he is merciful.

Journalism has been a joke ever since college kids have been pouring into it.

I went to Japan for Comiket and met some interesting people, and I can't help but notice the following.

In America, you're told that you're special, while in Japan you're told that you're just another gear in the machine. Neither is true, but in case of the Japanese it leads them into making things they like because they like it, not to prove themselves. If you're not going to be someone who matter, why not live your life the way you want it?

Meanwhile in America, you have those pretentious indiecucks who constantly feel insecure because what they make are never regarded as special by others.

I'm not saying his generalization is the issue, the fact that he told that shit at a panel to a Japanese man as the rest of the faggot dudes laughed was the issue.
You might have assburgers.

If Quentin could see this.
I don't how a bunch of Endorphin is supposed to replace the experience that is an interesting game or a good book.

Is that Cosmo?

too bad he's still in jail

Interesting insight, I can see that.
I like both Western and Eastern games, I'm just tired of seeing the comparison as if it is even relevant.
There are hack devs all over the globe, I'm just tired of seeing these hacks talk so much shit when they aren't doing anything meaningful.

I couldn't read your post because I was too busy buying a gun at Wal-Mart.

>for having slain me this morn
I always thought this sounded like a line an NPC from Dark Souls would say when you kill them

I guess I only watched part of it then. Like the 6 minute interview ended on a high note with her. Is there an extended one somewhere?

Tell me more, user.

It's a Tumblrism. Slay means several different things.
I believe the black community or the drag community coined it.

>Louis CK has been going around saying how horrible white men
When?

the style looks like the guardian, which is sjw: the newspaper

>fuck you notch you piece of shit
>give me money
>"no"
>TRANSPHOBIC PIECE OF SHIT

>people play Dark Souls because those are difficult (actually just tedious) games in a sea of easy games
>some journocucks want Dark Souls to have "I win" button, therefore making them indistinguishable in the sea of easy games
Do they not understand that developers have a duty to make the game that sells? If the customers want difficult games, difficult games will be made.

baka desu senpai, etc.

Well that depends on how the controller in DOOM is set up. If the right-stick is aiming and the left is movement, which they generally are, and the right-trigger is shoot, which it generally is, then they're only using one hand anyway.

he's being a faggot, Louis CK makes fun of everyone, but he insulted white men as well and that triggered Cred Forums's victim complex

For you fucking casuals, who need it explained, Street fighter has had half naked men since Sagat in the very first game and loads of them in every single entry. And even the character named after Seth Killian is wearing nothing but a banana hammock.

>It is only the man whose intellect is clouded by his sexual instinct that could give that stunted, narrow-shouldered, broad-hipped, and short-legged race the name of the fair sex; for the entire beauty of the sex is based on this instinct. One would be more justified in calling them the unaesthetic sex than the beautiful. Neither for music, nor for poetry, nor for fine art have they any real or true sense and susceptibility, and it is mere mockery on their part, in their desire to please, if they affect any such thing.

>This makes them incapable of taking a purely objective interest in anything, and the reason for it is, I fancy, as follows. A man strives to get direct mastery over things either by understanding them or by compulsion. But a woman is always and everywhere driven to indirect mastery, namely through a man; all her direct mastery being limited to him alone. Therefore it lies in woman’s nature to look upon everything only as a means for winning man, and her interest in anything else is always a simulated one, a mere roundabout way to gain her ends, consisting of coquetry and pretence. Hence Rousseau said, Les femmes, en général, n’aiment aucun art, ne se connoissent à aucun et n’ont aucun génie (Lettre à d’Alembert, note xx.). Every one who can see through a sham must have found this to be the case. One need only watch the way they behave at a concert, the opera, or the play; the childish simplicity, for instance, with which they keep on chattering during the finest passages in the greatest masterpieces. If it is true that the Greeks forbade women to go to the play, they acted in a right way; for they would at any rate be able to hear something. In our day it would be more appropriate to substitute taceat mulier in theatro for taceat mulier in ecclesia; and this might perhaps be put up in big letters on the curtain.

>Women
>1851
LaughingKantians.jpeg

Johnny's pretty cute, shame she'd be dead from the waist down

>Jo2uke having only one eye-color
Triggered

dude is so rich slime like that is repelled by the smell of money.

Adding on to this conversation as a third party, English borrows words all the time. Futon(Japanese), as you mentioned, is one. So is pillow(Old German), cafe(French), tailsman(Arabic), tycoon(Chinese), moped(Swedish), car(Gaulish), klutz(Yiddish) and cozy(Scottish).

but...thats literally the only reason people play. the game itself sucks.

>degenerate art
Look at this guy. Look at this guy and HEIL.
HEIL!
HEIL!

>he fell down

English is literally a bastard language comprised of other languages. It's why it's quite easy to learn for Westerners because most of Europe shares a common alphabet.

And it's pretty cool. I don't have a modern phone but I went out with my brother and it was really fun to see so many people packed together in the little memorial park the next town over. Even in the middle of the night people were hanging out with drinks and being social for once.

>lesbians don't exist
Ugh, I can't believe homophobes like this are allowed to spread their erasure-laden filth in this industry.
But of course, he's a straight white male, so he can just keep writing what he wants unchallenged.
The patriarchy is in full swing in games journalism, and it's gross

They got the last laugh. Feminists invaded the MTG community and even got position in the company. Some long time artists for the card left because they were dictating what they could and couldn't draw.

these types of articles always start up again when a new souls comes out, its just the normies wanting to get in on the craze but not actually put in any effort. also reviewers buttholes pucker when they have to play a 50 hour game that crushes your will to go on.

>I want to play this social game that requires me to go outside where I may very well encounter other people who are playing this social game outside
>WHY ARE PEOPLE TALKING TO ME ABOUT THE GAME

Does anyone has the video of an IGN journalist playing Wonderful 101 where he tries to reach for the flowers on screen and gets stuck on one of t he first puzzles for like 10 minutes?

I'm pretty sure his questions to him at least, were very easy for her to answer and her part on his show was to just virtue signal feminists.

Still, Anita claimed that all these games are sexist and posted that picture of her with hundreds of games piled up but still just completely locks up at simply naming three and gives some non answer

Colbert even jumps in to save her after she couldn't give a answer and just skips to the next question instead of pressing her to name just 3 games.

To be fair there is some quality of life changes between each MH even if the core stays the same.

Biggest jump would be from MHFU to Tri, but going from MHF2 to MHFU also had quite a few things.

>David Duke
The internet is literally being invaded by the KKK, what fucking world is this

Well yeah probably considering he most likely had heard "Oh this girl played tons of games for her video series about women being oppressed in video games" only to actually ask the questions and have to awkwardly skip them when Anita is left at a stupor against some of the easiest questions anyone could possibly answer. He tried to account for her possibly being full of shit and she still fucked up.

I wish I could go /straightedge/ and be one of Quentin's #diamonddogs

How do I do it, Cred Forums?

My 55 year old half-deaf, half-blind mother can literally play better than this.

What's far more likely is that they'll do the job better, and not really be compensated for doing it better. Companies love squeezing their assets for every dime they possibly can.

Bullshit, make a video.

Scores only work because sometimes things are objectively bad. Like, if you press a button and it doesn't register 10% of the time because of faulty coding. That shit should get a bad score. Or if the lighting system is broken so you have to turn your TV brightness up to max to even see anything, and it's all washed out and garbage looking. I bought games based on scores back in the N64 days and it never let me down.

However, when a game can get a 5/10 for being "too hard" or "politically incorrect" then there's no point in looking at them. Luckily now with the internet you can literally watch some faggot play the game on youtube for you to see if you'd like it or not. Review scores are obsolete.

Jim sterling= best video game journalist.

>tfw TB only has a couple of years left
He's the only big name in this fucking industry with the balls to stand up to these idiots.

>Like, if you press a button and it doesn't register 10% of the time because of faulty coding.
Stopped reading there. Literally blaming the game for your own incompetence shows your opinion can be discarded without further thought.

Don't have an image for it but the Bioware employee who got caught giving Dragon Age 2 a perfect score on Metacritic saying the game's combat and immersion are unparalleled and anything negative anyone says about it is wrong was pretty funny.

What's funnier is that EA defended the "review."

Well, if those games are alienating women, women can make games that are not alienating them.

I'm not Cred Forums, so I believe that women can actually make games that are both high quality and enjoyable by women.

>I missed a 95% shot? Seriously?
jesus FUCK. it's not that fucking hard to understand RNG and percentages. do a bit of actual measurements and see that on average, 95% of "95%" shots DO hit. 95≠100. fucking babies like this are the reason we can't have difficulty in games anymore.

t. casual xcom player only since February that never bothered with non-ironmode runs

>Literally blaming the game for your own incompetence
> doesn't register 10% of the time because of faulty coding

?

It's not like he has a lot of options.

Pretty much all of the shit in this picture is garbage. The wikipedia bit at the bottom which the person likely edited in right before taking the screenshot should've just been left out. The rest of it is still stupid, but that bit there just takes it over the edge from dumb to meme.

You don't understand. We live in the age of corporate entitlement, where creators of content believe they're entitled to the money of whatever demographic they want. Consumers deciding what they spend their money on is misogynistic

Yes, blaming the game for your own incompetence. You're blaming the game (its coding) for not recognizing your button press, when the far more likely explanation is that you simply mis-timed your button press. You suck, and you're blaming the game.

so for the last 60 years or more?

Other than the fact that he's kind of an SJW I agree on him with most things about the industry, except that giving Dark Souls an easy mode wouldn't hurt it, it has a built in easy-mode you fuck-ass, it's called a soapstone.

everything revolving around this abortion

Western media
>WE WANT MORE GAMES WITH WOMEN IN THEM AND ARE GIRL FRIENDLY!
>"You're free to make your own"
>Whoa whoa whoa hold on now, I can't be bothered to do that. I'm just WAY too busy to do that shit

>I agree on him with most things about the industry
Yeah, I do to. Games I don't like shouldn't be allowed to be sold in my country.

>he

>I'm not Cred Forums, so I believe that women can actually make games that are both high quality and enjoyable by women.
I don't visit that board, but I can't imagine any part of your sentence applies to their line of thought.

Thats why ptcg is the superior adult game :^)

more like POKEMON GO TO THE POLLS am i right kids?!

In Undertale's case, a significant amount of the content was actually written by the fanbase and from the kickstarter contributors.

Bad review shitting on a good game. Definitely. If someone loves garbage, it's pretty obvious to anyone playing that they suck, and it hurts the credibility of the reviewer: Polygon is living proof. When people shit on a good game, they don't even bother trying the game in the first place.

He may have been coming from Fire Emblem where 95% isn't 95%, its closer to 99.99% due to it using a two roll system.

fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Random_Number_Generator

>journos far and wide declaring gamers are dead
>gawker fucking dies
lmao cant make this shit up.

I still like Blizzard's version more.

>No one buys this shitty reboot that absolutely no one wanted
>Journalists and developers try to blame the fans
It was so hilarious to watch unfold

>first related video
>Bailey Jay humiliates tiny dick loser

Source? "magic feminism" on google doesnt give results

Thats cancer, you're cancer.

>where creators of content believe they're entitled to the money of whatever demographic they want
?
>Consumers deciding what they spend their money on is misogynistic
???

>Boy I sure am upset unattractive men are talking to me
>Better blame them and the app I'm using so I don't come across as a shallow whore

I love seeing the morons try to argue against this one. You can't. You just really can't. Bullying in person you can't literally walk away from and ignore, yet they usually try to compare it to that anyways. Just get the fuck off the Internet if you can't handle it.

See the DmC thing for an example of what I mean. Suddenly it's the consumers fault for a game doing badly

The thing is that it's very easy to agree with Jim, because 95% of what he says is just reaffirming whatever the popular opinion on a given issue is.
I used to like him, but he's fucking spineless. If he has any principles, he lets them fold the minute they would lead him to say anything genuinely controversial.

I would need a citation for this.

Not that it matter to me, since I play misogynistic card games from Japan such as Wixoss.

They're using phonetic characters to indicate it's loaned, because it's a word borrowed from english. There's zero chinese baggage. Only western baggage.

Onyomi and kunyomi of kanji. Unless you're going to go full retard and claim that Kanji being from China doesn't count as Japanese writing.

You don't understand. Women's sexuality is different from men's. It's more *pure* and women are attracted to the PERSON and the SOUL not the body. They don't objectify like men do. But gay men are perfectly alright, because reasons.

Still can't say I really understand, but thanks for trying to explain anyways.