In what order should i play the games?

in what order should i play the games?

What type of question even is this

Play it in release order you dumb nigger

Release order

Delete this thread NOW

You shouldn't. Play the first one, and drop it after that.

1.5 HD, then 2.5 HD, then 2.8 HD, then 3.

1.5 hd, 2.5 hd, bbs on the 2.5 hd collection.

then wait for 3. the handhelds aren't worth playing

The Chrono order is

KH Birth by sleep

KH 1

KH 358/2 days

KH Chain of memories

Kingdom hearts coded (I think)

KH 2

KH Dream Drop Distance

KH 2.8 when it drops

But really it should be

KH 1, KH chain of memories and so on. As the games came out.

Doesn't coded happen before DDD?

Release order of course.

The only change I can reasonably understand would be to play Birth By Sleep before KH2 FM

I feel like you could probably get by with playing BBBS before 1 I don't think it would fundamentally change your experience.

Regardless, Kingdom Hearts 1 should be everyone's first experience with the franchise.

handhelds are in the collections so you won't miss anything

True

I dunno, there are a few "aha!" moments people won't get unless they play KH1 and 2 before BBS

Players will appreciate the improvements each game makes if you play them in release order, as long as they know the card mechanic from chain of memories was a horrible, horrible experimental mistake.

Semi true. 2 is shit story wise gameplay they kicked it up slightly but with the reaction commands made it a shit. CoM is decent. Most of the other spinoff/important stuff is ok 3D is probably best I never played birth by sleep

This. Which is basically the release order with added content

Com and Coded are the only games in the series I havent finished. Fuck COM.

I don't think Nomura evens know

The only thing playing BBS first would do is add confusion and spoil the mysterious universe.

Is BBS final mix worth playing. I'm looking at the wiki and it says most features were already included in the western release but doesn't seem to note which differences didn't make it into the western release.

It's pretty gud

Monstro and the armored forms of Eraqus and Xehanort are new bosses in the Mirage Arena, and Aqua gets a new episode called A Fragmentary Passage where you traverse the dark realm and fight another new boss at the end. It's cool stuff, check it out.