Nintendo Paid Online

>NX is revealed
>Nintendo announces a new online platform
>It's paid subscription only

How does Cred Forums react?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=shdRLi4fGkI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they have no multiplat support and their games are mostly single player so i don't see this working out well for them nor do i feel like i'd be missing out on anything considering even if they had multiplat support it'd run better on xbox or playstation.

so i guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kind of sad, kind of disappointed

I wouldn't be surprised if they do that

I won't pay for it anyway.

Same.

>SHUT THE FUCK UP ITS THERE SERVERS AND THEY DESERVE TO USE IT AS THEY SEE FIT YOU FUCKING SONY-NIGGERS
>I FOR ONE AM EXCITED TO PLAY NEW SUPER MARIO BROS 75
>ITS OKAY IF NINTENDO DOES IT

Exactly "It's OK WHEN NITENDO DOES IT" for a span of 80 hours.

Conversely, what if the online is free but every single game has microtransactions of some kind?

>I don't see this working out well
It will because Smash and Mario Kart basically require online to make them worthy.

>no multiplat support
This isn't really an issue, Sony and MS are tiptoeing around it but as of now, who cares

That being said if there is no lag during Smash bros I'd pay $60 for a year

If they unify the accounts and release there whole history on VC ill pay.

Thank you for this valuable contribution.

>I'm not a nintentoddler I swear

I mourn the death of consoles and upgrade my PC.

Considering how bare bones nintendo's online always has been, it would be enough to drop the NX
No pming no chat partys no joining in session all monitored and bogged down by friend code shit. It has to meet the standard sony and microsoft set to even think of charging

>Considering how bare bones nintendo's online always has been, it would be enough to drop the NX
Adding features still doesn't justify there being a paywall.

In such a case, they'd have to beef up Spla2n's single player and couch multiplayer modes at least.

Ill pull from sonyfags list of excuses

>its only so much a month what are you poor ?
>they need to profit
>MS and Sony already do it
>i get a free game and discounts

Considering how Jewish is Nintendo, i doubt they would give free games.

We're already seeing the beginnings of it. See
>implying no lag would fix any of Smash's problems
Smash Wii U is already lag free, and its online is still shit.

They already do flimflam

That's the thing though, the games aren't free.

PSN already gave free games and had all the basic features back when it was free.

Nintendo has neither of those. And I doubt a late all would suddenly get them up to speed.

>HOOOOOLY SHIT

>THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST FUCKING SHIT EVER. JESUS CHRIST THOSE JEWISH SHIT STAINS. ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS THEM IS CANCER AND LIKES TO BE KEKOLDED.

>Now if you'll excuse me, I have some Rocket League to play on PSN. What? It's only five bucks a month, if you can't afford that you're a poorfag who doesn't deserve video games.

Something like that, I would imagine.

>PSN already gave free games
No it didn't. Playstation Plus was the only way of getting free games, and that was always a paid service. If you ever got a free game, it was not because of Sony, but because the developer gave it a 100% discout

>psn is unreliable as fuck

its a wonder they dont spend that "profit" on better servers and service rather than executive checks

>"its worth it because nintendo is trustworthy and deserves every penny"

>>NX is revealed
"About fucking time!"

>>Nintendo announces a new online platform
That's cool I guess

>>It's paid subscription only
No. No, no fuck you Nintendo I like actually owning my games rather then buying licences to them

You can rationalize a justification for paying for PSN or XBL. You can't rationalize paying for Nintendo online services, because their online services are practically non-existent.

This is the same company that forced it's users to enter a 25 digit alphanumeric code just so they could play custom game modes with people online in brawl.

Would you fucking pay to play a game online where 90% of the offline content is locked away for some arbitrary reason? Sm4sh is an improvement, there's actually more than one game mode to play online with randoms, but half the reason the game is popular - all the different settings and options you can toggle on or off for a match - are missing when you play against randoms. Why the fuck would anyone pay an additional fee for this kind of nonsense is beyond me.

Whatever, I don't have a Sony console, so idc. A paywall wouldn't instantly make Nintendo's online better.

When PSN got hacked, i got several free games from Sony

>You can rationalize a justification for paying for PSN or XBL

you really cant tho you cant justify paying anyone for online

I can't rationalize it for any of them. Why are you assuming I would?

>How does Cred Forums react?
"It's not OK when Nintendo does it!"

Remember that Sonyfriends APPLAUDED Sony when it was announced.

Nintendo Account is the new online platform and it seems to be free given Miitomo doesn't have a subscription.

I don't even remember the last time I played online on a Nintendo game nor console.

>paid subscription only

>From Nintendo
youtube.com/watch?v=shdRLi4fGkI

NX would have a big advantage over Sony and MS if it has third party support and the online is free, good and stable.

Won't matter because Nintendo won't even bother with online multiplayer in the first place.

Nintendrones:
>IT'S OK WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT
Sonyfags:
>WTF I HATE PAID ONLINE NOW
XBots:
>...

>nintendo
>having online multiplayer
are you for real

Everyone will be mad, disappointed, or apathetic except Cody

>Nintendo
>having decent 3rd party support after the SNES.

It's funny, Nintendo most successful first party games are online based: Smash, MK8, Splatoon, Super Mario Maker.

Literally "It's okay when Nintendo does it"

>sony fags hating online

I know someone has that screen cap

>NX would have a big advantage over Sony and MS if it has third party support

>Nintendo
>third party support

You're really weird

>paid online
>still have to use friend codes
>still no universal OS level communication across games

It depends on how it is paid online.

If it is actual servers for their games and the paid online is only needed for head to head games(SSB/MK, Not needed for games like mario maker/star fox guard) then i'm ok with it so long as the price is right

Nintendo Cred Forums would say it's a step in the right direction even though they've stated multiple times they dislike playing for online.. and dlc.. and phone games but we see what happened with the latter too.

>You can rationalize a justification for paying for PSN or XBL.
You really can't.

Because you get something that functions for paying. Nintendo's online is fucking assbackwards trash. It's like they're stuck in the 90s.

Depends on how much it costs. Pokebank was a paid service, but has a price so low that you'd forget it was.

There not going to do it so I dont really care

You get nothing for that money, the same thing Nintendo would offer. Everything you think you're paying for is already getting offset by something else like normal purchases in the online store.

They could lift that paywall and their finances wouldn't even budge.

It might be better than Nintendo's but PSN is still trasha nd you have to pay 60$ for that

Really? PC is still free.

Can we

for once

wait for an official announcement

AND STOP MAKING THESE SHITTY THREADS

So quitting the console business?

>It might be better than Nintendo's
It's less stable but has more features.

No. Fuck you.

I'm perfectly fine with paying for xbox live since I get access to 4 free games every month. Last month I played through Beyond Good & Evil and this month I'll be playing through Mirror's Edge. If you don't like the games they offer then yes, paying for online is bullshit, but I can deal with it

I'd do it if it gave me free games.

I honestly think that the wave of the future for video games is a sub-based model ala Netflix. Nintendo buys the rights to the game from the dev, then you can play it for free on their subscription service. Make it cost like 10 bucks a month or something. Over the 6-year course of the console's lifespan, they'll make the equivalent of selling 12 games, which is likely more than most people buy anyways. And then when it came to be time for the next console, they'd be able to just port the entire NX library over and have a bunch of games already available.

The only problem is big AAA games that expect to make like 500m dollars. No way Nintendo's shelling out that kind of bank for shitty games like those. They'd have to sell at least 50m units of the console (and have 50m subs) before they could even consider throwing around that much money.

Also, that people might be a bit resistant to paying 10 bucks a month to play video games, for whatever reason, even though a Netflix subscription is like twice that amount and I've never met a person who complained about it.

>Get proven wrong
>Whatever, idc.

End yourself

If that happens, consoles will die.

That sort of format doesn't work very well for vidya, and it totally invalidates the point of even having a console at all, and having to upgrade it gen after gen.

Granted, the current model is on it's way out, but imo, with stuff like Steam, that model will never stick. I believe this will be the last gen we see consoles. Mobile and PC are on the up and up, soon, they'll be the standard.

>PC online
>free

Please tell me how you get free internet.

I wouldn't mind. I don't play games online, and I play all my multiplats on PC. Plus, I only plan to buy an NX when it's hacked, and when I can pirate all the games on the console. Because I'm a dirty pirate.

>no joining in session

This isn't true at all.

I wouldn't pay for it.
Beyond the scant multiplats they'd get that'd already be on PC, all they'd really have is stuff like Smash and Mario Kart, which I can play online on my 3DS already.

The NX is at worst just going to be a Zelda machine for me desu.

>implying $60 a year for xbl or psn also buys you internet

Please tell me how you get free internet.

??? you are criticizing him for implying that you get free internet by buying a pc, but you do not get free internet for buying a console or psn/xbl so what argument are you trying to make here

He's a Nintendrone grasping at straws, pay him no mind.

>it still uses friendcodes
>not regular or voice chat
>can't even create rooms or custom matches
>Nintenyearsold will be okay with it

I see it comming

>Nintendo
>charging for online
This will never happen cause their online infrastructure is terrible

That won't stop them from charging needlessly.

You're a generation behind with your shitposting.

Exactly, Sony and Microsoft does it too

I don't care I have a job.

I care about good games though.

>Pay $60 to get "free" games
It's "no additional cost", not "free".

Too bad they don't have good games anymore

A combination of "IT'S OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT" shitposting, a large amount of "fuck Nintendo" and a few genuine fucking drone who will defend it.
Nintendo has been hemorrhaging fan support since the Wii and the Wii U situation combined with people being more aware of localisation practices they disagree with, there's a lot of resentment towards the company.
Personally, I'll be fucking livid. If it's combined with other shitty practices, I might even skip the console altogether.

I'd be sad, Nintendo is usually the last bastion for free stuff.

And if it's paid the online better be a lot fucking better.

This is exactly why gaming is dead.

Honestly I'm fucking done after the PS4 is done releasing single player titles, fuck this gen.

>4 "free" games.
Only the 2 on the Xbox 360 can count as "free" as you actually maintain the license after your gold period has expired.
Shit like the Xbox One games and PS+ games where they get removed after you let your subscription expire are more negative than they are positive.

Then I'll buy a XBONE instead.

I would literally not care at all if I got another rpg paper mario like 1000 year door unlike what they do to it nowadays :(

If PS4 is any indication it will be defended vigorously.

user...

This is the same board that defended toys unlocking in-game content for the longest time. You know damn well how Cred Forums would react.

Don't care. I don't play online.

>NX would have a big advantage over Sony and MS if it has third party support

So they are losing alrdy?

>and the online is free, good and stable.

Yeah it worked with the wiiu so well

>nintendo
into the trash it goes

Normal people: Wow shit move, they're just doing it because their competitors did it
Cred Forums: It's fine, Nintendo games are worth more than any other games, so really we're just paying them a little extra for what we get out of their great IPs

They'll give 'free' VC games. Access taken away if you cancel your subscription, of course.

You seem to have a poor understanding of the English language.

Yeah but still the wiiu is a piece of shit and not even my bad writting can save it.

If they do this they basically lost me, I'm sticking with old games from here on out.

What a horrible gen of consoles we're living in.

And no one was talking about the Wii U except you and your little obsessed mind.

The producer of the series doesn't want it to be like Mario & Luigi, so until she gets replaced Paper Mario will continue to be sticker star shit

Is the same piece of shit as the NX so they share the same fate my little toddler.

And what source are you basing this opinion on?

>until she gets replaced Paper Mario will continue to be sticker star shit
You seem to be forgetting the original team made Super Paper Mario.

She not the source.

>If they do this they basically lost me, I'm sticking with old games from here on out.
exactly what people said with PS+, and they got over it. You are a drop in a very big bucket.

she was the producer on that game, no?

The whole reason paper mario stopped being an RPG is because of Mario & Luigi.

But she didn't work on Sticker Star.

That decision actually stopped me from picking up a PS4.

That and MGSV coming to PC.

user are you "special" or is your third time here?

Considering I know the function of the word "and", I will say I'm not the special one here.

So against, state your source or else everything else you type is the equivalent of you making fart noises with your mouth.

user, you know where this is headed.

WiiU don't got friend codes tho

>This is the same company that forced it's users to enter a 25 digit alphanumeric code just so they could play custom game modes with people online in brawl.
You're being overdramatic, Nancy. Take your pills.

>That sort of format doesn't work very well for vidya, and it totally invalidates the point of even having a console at all, and having to upgrade it gen after gen.
I don't think so. You'd get the next console so you could play all the new games they're putting out for it. You'd just also be able to play all the old games.

Be honest, Cred Forums. Would you buy an NX for remakes of these on the BotW engine?

Yes to OoT, Maybe to MM

Is just Kurokawa using the "bad writting" meme

it hasn't even happened yet

Not after looking at how poorly BoW runs on it

psn gave free games because they were hacked and people who had there credit cards with sony lost millions of dollars.

>BotW

Why whould I like a great game with a worst atmosphere full of light and blur on already a perfect looking adventure game?

Even if it has N64 graphics, the atmosphere is 1000% better in OoT than radioactive cellshading BotW.

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

this is the main reason i didnt buy a ps4 this gen, and theres no way in hell i would ever buy an outdated overpriced amiibo machine with a monthly subscription

I will drop their asses just like I dropped Sony.