Explain the appeal of Neptunia

Explain the appeal of Neptunia

Retarded weeaboos who love eating the same shit over and over again

Characters are well designed, cute and you become fond of them early, they are simple characters but solid and well made far beyond the generic moeblobs that populate other weeb games. It is full of lighthearted humor that calms the soul.

It has a variation of turn based RPG combat that stands on its own and none other game possess with the exception of Fairy Fencer which is its sibling franchise.

The story is simple but solid and fun.

In a few words, it is a cute and relaxed single player experience with niche appeal that doesn't take itself seriously.

Same appeal as a moe anime. Lots of content. Gameplay is inoffensive. "Us gamers huh" humor.

Cute girls doing cute things.

>Uses a Fairy Fencer F character for a Neptunia thread
>Cred Forums takes the bait

>Cred Forums
>actually playing the games
They are designed by the same person, though.

>posts FFF
>doesn't post best girl

What's the appeal of Fairy Fencer? Is it as fun as Nep?

What did he mean by this?

It has a neat main character.
For the first half, anyways...

>What's the appeal of Fairy Fencer?
If you like Compile Hearts games, you will like this.
>Is it as fun as Nep?
Sort of? FF is more serious than Nep games, or at least it tries to be.

He wasn't too bad during the second half but nowhere near as entertaining as in the first.

also FFF has better waifus.

So after clearing all the routes can ADF can someone tell my why the writers seem to hate Galdo so much because holy shit that amount of suffering was undeserved.

I guess they might also be turning it into a franchise going by Evil Goddess route ending.

The characters are cute, likable, and in particular the main four have great chemistry with each other. I could probably watch Nep, Noire, Vert, and Blanc do anything together and be amused (which is of course why the spinoffs go into all sorts of different genres with the same characters.)

The story is generally pretty standard cliche shit, but the goofiness of its usual tone (in particular the lack of fucks given about the fourth wall) makes the cliche-ness work, and the moments where the story does take itself completely seriously can be genuinely heartwarming. The various references to video games, anime, and nerd culture in general are amusing but also not the sole form of humor the game relies on.

The gameplay is inoffensive at worst, but has been getting better with each main line installment. It still isn't and probably will never be a series you play primarily for its gameplay, though. What carries it is the characters and humor.

There is one thing I can say about compile heart, it can be good or bad depending of the person, but, they surely know how to write fucked up stuff regardless cute girls, stuff like trillion and conquest

its a pretty good jrpg
its light hearted so its just fun
its not meme city like with nep games
would recommend ps4 version

Vidya commentary. The generic anime girls are a close second. It does nothing well, but foes nothing poorly either, so it's not offensive

Cute girls fighting over for superiority until an evil force based on gaming events threatens their world. They must then team up together and kick some serious ass. Oh and there's some jokes about video games/anime and 4th wall breaks in there somewhere, too.

Okay, the I made up that first part, but the second part of that is pretty true.

Sobasically Nep is fucking kike?

There is none, weebtrash has zero redeeming aspects, there are no exceptions to this.

Manchildren buy these soulless abominations because they use anime girls who fling their tits about as a selling point.

Colour me curious, how much suffering are we talking about?

When's the PC version coming out on Steam?

I need to romance Marianna even though she's clearly a villain.

It's basically a serious attempt at an RPG by the creators of Nep.

Actual story.
Characters who aren't one dimensional.
Memes aren't forced at every instance.
etc.

Little girls with samey faces in skimpy outfits doing cutesy anime shit and making video game references. Oh, there's also a shitty RPG packed in with it but who cares.

Autists.

I heard the first fff game was okay, and the second was surprisingly decent

The first felt incomplete with a recycled second half and the story was a little unsatisfying.

ADF is basically the definitive version.

Nigga hold on here, I thought hyperdimension was all cute and fuwa fuwa, what the fuck did I just read?

Why is her facial expression just lines drawn overtop her face instead of a drawing that convincingly makes it look like the muscles on her face are contorting in such a way to create a facial expression

Galdo blows himself up to create an opening for Fang to escape and then is tortured to the brink of death repeatably while they heal him back from that state so they can keep torturing him. The party needed a few minutes to even realize that it is Galdo when they finally found him.

It's fun. It's single player. It has cute girls.

See? It's better than 95% of the games out there.

Don't confuse slapstick comedy on joke characters with actual suffering, user.

Fucking hell.

The second Neptune game Re;birth 2/mk2 has an infamous ending known as the 'Conquest' ending. It takes 'darker and edgier' to a really serious extreme. To put it this way, Compile Heart APOLOGIZED for it.

>made the first part up
but you didn't, that's the plot of 1

Conquest ending from Mk2/RB2. It was something, to say the least.

I wish they made another one

I dunno. Only thing I know is it's a cute way of saying they're mad. It's especially cute with Mini-Histy does it.

Then again anything Mini-Histy does is cute.

>forced at every instance
It's about as forced as Cred Forums meme such as Barneyfag.

>that screenshot
[] doubt

Neptune browsing N-chan? Or is she browsing Neppit?

Insecure teenager detected

N-chan.

That's literally Rondo of Swords, except the sister was the first and last.
You still get a happy ending by marrying the pope.

how is trillion? and is it like nep where it's a side ending or is the proper main end fucked up with no way back?

they made a dark ending in V-II

>cutscenes are presented in VN fashion
>they keep going on and on to the point where it feels like you're watching the episode of a shitty anime
Why not just make a VN, then?

They are just doing a Kojimbo on a budget.

Ill tell you why.

Lazy.

Yeah, I know but it just ain't the same.

Trillion is okay.

as for the game being dark, it starts out dark and gets more and more depressing.

To put it bluntly, to get the true ending EVERY PERSON YOU TRAIN UP HAS TO DIE.

They include:
Your cousins
Your childhood friend
Your ill little sister
Your sexy older sister
YOUR PET DOG

Trillion is a Spiral of Despair.

I kind of wish CH finally gets enough to animate all the dialogues so that you really are watching an an anime with this RPG attached to it.

CH has been getting better and better. They're also stealing tons of talent from SE too.

Sounds like some real suffering.

PC port when?

no hope spot, at all?

>no hope spot, at all?
true ending.

The bigger the despair, the bigger the hope

>PC port when?

soon. I think the closed beta ended

Well, they have cutscenes for some of them.

The very start of MK2/RB2 where the CPUs all get wrek'd by Magic, and the introduction of some of the Seven Sages.

Also, for whatever reason, Anonydeath reminds me of Kuja from FF9 and a little bit of Katze from SRT:EF.

What's the bottom left animu?

intriguing, I'll give it a shot I guess

Symphogear.

there were training montages in seasons 1 and 2 (sadly not for season 3). Maybe one will be back for season 4.

does the sexy sister come back at least?

in the true ending (BIGASS TRILLION SPOILERS) every character that dies except for Astaroth comes back from the dead

The gameplay is fun

I figured as much, CH definitely feels like the type to do that

go suck soldier cock