Why does this place even exist? Why do normies even go here? How is it successful?

Why does this place even exist? Why do normies even go here? How is it successful?

The focus is completely on the bar, the arcade aspect of it is absolutely shit-tier.

All of the games are either arcade ports of iPhone games (I'm not joking, Arcade Flappy Bird actually exists), every other game is a shitty rigged pseudo-games like "Press the button at the right time!" and "Spin the wheel!"

What little good games there are there are absolutely ABUSED by normies and drunken idiots. Konami actually decided to localize a DDR Arcade game for the first time in 8 years, and what do normies do? They vomit all over it, stomp and break the panels, "pretend" to dance and just dance on it without playing the game, and if they are playing, everyone's playing on the easiest difficulty.

There's barely any maintenance, if at all, many machines are broken, and really, the only good aspect of it is the entirely non-vidya aspect: The bar.

Again, why does this place even exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZw_L61DP0U
youtube.com/watch?v=6svLjj0HzR8
youtube.com/watch?v=wAOH5cvF3OI
youtube.com/watch?v=CsajHo9sugQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2IHDfOUuQzA
youtube.com/watch?v=N4uBtqIArEs
youtube.com/watch?v=OOxgh626J3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=5XFqDup1rj0
youtube.com/watch?v=UqW9TuiI8Lw
youtube.com/watch?v=r9exquNpa08
youtube.com/watch?v=u2SKW9ttNwc
youtube.com/watch?v=H4bxvdKxw3E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because arcades are dead and this the only place I can play some of the cool ones.

I have this at my D&B. Get fucked OP.
They cut it down to 4 cabs this year
and removed lost world and Ferrari challenge

it has a bar

D&B kinda blows.

My city has plenty of 'barcades' where it's just a normal bar with tons of free retro arcade games and it's much better. Plus you don't have that stupid points system that D&B uses where it limits the number of games you can play.

Basically this

normos don't give an actual shit about the games, they're just an add on to the drinking

OP, if you're looking for a better steak in an arcade setting, you are shit out of luck.

Round 1 Entertainment.

Chuck e cheese for adults

Go to Round 1 instead retard
>inb4 in bumfuck nowhere

>Shitting on chuck e cheese

Also I refuse to consider the people who go to D&B "adults"

i only go to d&b because of DDR A

i'm just hoping round1 comes to new york soon...

I'd like DDR A if the song list for DDR 2014-A weren't complete dog shit.

I've heard they have a few alright games like Star Wars Battle Pod but otherwise I have an alright arcade near me.
It closed in 2007 but relocated in a open space at a mall with less games but I always see one of the employees play Initial D Arcade Stage 3 upgrading the hell out of his car. Pretty alright.

>Wait for DDR to be free
>Butterfly is selected
If you want a bunch of rehashed songs that sound good, helps you get good and are fun, just play the Paranoia series.

the hot wings

the only reason

Chucky e cheese still has most of the games since 10 years ago. I really wish they changed it up a bit but hey am not a kid anymore so i guess i can't complain. The employees seem to hate the place sadly with those fake smiles.
Good thing i got into console and handheld gaming. I got tired of going to the place just to play videos games. Arcades are just mostly outdated espically in america. Two quarters just get another chance or life then another two quarters just to move to the next stage. Fuck that shit.

>Go to D&B to play DDR A
>Get Extra Stage
>People want me off because I played three songs
>Refuse because I earned a fuckin extra stage.
>Get beat up by a tough dude.
Epic normies.

>then another two quarters just to move to the next stage. Fuck that shit.
FUCK ANY PLACE THAT DOES THIS
god damn

They still have Chinatown Fair

Mine doesn't even have DDR. It has one of those Korean shits with 4 diagonals and a center. The only good games are the various light gun ones that every arcade has.

And fuck the card and points thing that they use instead of quarters.

To pray on those of us on the East Coast who haven't been blessed with a Round 1. Best thing in NJ is an arcade filled with retro games, as well as some old consoles but you also pay by the hour as opposed to just putting in quarters. I just want some of those shiny new import machines too, Sound Voltex, School of Ragnarok and Gunslinger Stratos seem like such fun games...

hello

>Shitting on PIU
Casual

Because DDR.

How good is this place?

My friends said they saw gunslinger stratos in there when the poked their heads in, but I don't want to go for an hour long drive and find out the place sucks.

It's a japanese arcade in america, it's GOAT.

>better controls and button layouts
>better inputs
>better sound quailty and comfy experience
>create save files and save states
>larger in content and length.
>play anytime you want and don't have rush anymore.
The moment i got my on very first own videogame was the i moment i stop giving a fuck about arcades and wanted to murder that chucky rat for the robbery of my precious launch money i spent there. It was huge leap to me in my life as a kid.

>Go to an arcade to play DDR
>Extra stage is disabled

I will honestly make a pilgrimage of about 4 hours if this is answered with a yes: Do they have any of the Miku rhythm games?

I heard some R1's have it but why would you play miku instead of IIDX or Popn

yes

Because even adults need a Chuck E'Cheese.

If you want a real arcade, you better travel to a city and hope one is there or save up some money to go to Japan.

Because after spending ~$100 on Future Tone, I want to see how bad I am at the real thing.

Boy i hope you like rhythm games and reading moon runes.

Don't forget your E-Amusement / Nesica pass.

Otherwise, just go to anime conventions

Or play simulators like K-Shootmania

I kind of just assumed that Round 1 sold E-Amusement and Nesica passes. Because they aren't on the East Coast. So it's impossible for me to visit one.

>"Press the button at the right time!"
this is literally every single game in existence you fucking mongrel

Yeah, but GOOD games are way more engaging than that. Namely there are more buttons and more variables. Those machines with the circling light and a single button are way too simple to be enjoyable other than for ticket farming

Yes goy, pay 2 dollars a go to see if you can press the button when the light lines up

Not everyone lives in Commiefornia jerkwad.

inb4buttheresotherstates!

not for now, most of them are being built, which will take a year or two.

>no sfa2 or 3 at D&B

and this is where I don't go. What kind of place doesn't have Street Fighter or other fighting games?

I work here. Ask me anything.

They do sell em. Make sure you get em.

why don't they have Fighting Games.

I plan to when Round 1 finally decides to go to NY, because I know NJ isn't on their plan list

I have this shit PHAGGOTS.

A shopping mall?

What's it like?

And it's a good 50 percent or even double the price of non trendy bars.

Are there people who really go to these places to get drunk and end up paying 100 dollars on a few drinks.

Might as well buy actual good drugs at that point

>Might as well buy actual good drugs at that point
explain

There's a bowling/arcade franchise near where I live called Round 1. They bring in really weird jap arcade games at times, it's really great.

>tfw I once got a a free 100 dollar card by complaining to the manager
Was ballin

Maybe if you're state wasn't a underdeveloped shithole maybe you'll get one

Bullshit. We have one in texas.

Wow user, that's so special and unique, and nobody's ever heard of them before. You are such a cool hipster who knows about obscure shit and stuff

>tfw your Dave and busters had the mechwarrior pods, but traded them for casual shit like touch bowling and air hockey

Naw man, you just have to know where to go

I got back from a trip to Tennessee a couple weeks back, and I found an absolute fuckton amount of arcades in Gatlinburg.

I mean seriously, holy shit like every 2 blocks there was an arcade/go-carts/fun-center/mini-golf, etc.

But actual legitimate arcade spots where the games were the complete focus, rather than just as a sideshow to some shitty Harry Potter laser tag or something.

I won a PS4 for about 150 to 200 dollars there. It's better than most arcades.

Playing an american jojo machine is on my bucket list

New York fag here, best arcade I've been to is in Hershey Park, in the old west area. It's got all kinds of great shit.

>Round One is 2 hours away from me
>American Fun Center removed Guitar Freaks and Drummania for Guitar Hero and Doodle Jump
>Marvin's Marvelous Museum is actually decent, but zero new games but all the actually cool shit like Beatmania 3 : THE FINAL and F-Zero AX gets sold

>Idratherhavenothing.jpg

We have a Mario Kart arcade with 4 brand new cabinets. And the Aliens gun game at the d&b here.

>Underdeveloped shithole
>There's one in Georgia outside Atlanta, Colorado, Washington outside Seattle, and Pennsylvania

YOU'RE MY LITTLE BUTTERFLY!! GREEN, BLACK, AND BLUE MAKE THE COLORS IN THE SKY!

Seattlefag here, fucking Another Castle Arcade Edition. Played SF4 there with some nogs once, cool dudes.

But I am getting one you damn commie.

I even applied to the one that's being built right now.

The one in Chicago does.

Meghan Reaney the manager is so hot holy shit. also fuck that place it is super expensive and I only get to go for my companies gay ass christmas party. I hate all the people i WORK with fuck being an apartment seller

R-Really? 'Cause that'd be the one I'd go to: I'm a Notre Dame fag.

shit
I should have played this while I was there for mikuexpo

rhythm songs that remind you of the good old times

feels great to play my uncle's favorite

Barcades exist
also anime and game cons are lit as fuck when it comes to arcades
they're packed with japanese arcade machines
just bring a flask if you want to get drunk

Because a fool and their money are easily parted and America is a breeding ground for stupid people.

Sure some of the sharpest minds of the world come from the USA but sadly the majority of it is trash.

I'm surprised with what that place gets away with and what they have, at some point they had music from the squid sisters blasting on the mall entrance.

Is that really a thing?

I randomly took that picture with someone, I'm surprised I actually had a use for it.

>How is it successful?
>
>The focus is completely on the bar, the arcade aspect of it is absolutely shit-tier.

You just answered yourself, dumb fuck. Do you even know how the world works?

>Is that really a thing?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZw_L61DP0U
yah
I drove 500 miles for it, got stuck in downpour waiting for a subway train (which was going the wrong way and I had to get on a different subway) after ditching my car on a side street because the highway was at a standstill.

was worth it

>Is that really a thing?
Yes, it was a thing. And I had to work a nigger show that because some bitch ass old fuck scheduled her thousand fucking vacation for that week. Fuck you Lil Boosie or whatever the fuck your dumb ass name is, I hate you. No one even showed up for your fucking performance anyways and I didn't want to see you balls deep into some whore when you didn't lock your fucking door after not going on stage until 20 minutes late.

I am still bitter and I will probably remain bitter for the rest of my life. This is why I drown my sorrows in cute things.

Isn't there a better arcade chain coming up? Round One or something?

I have been there, place is actually loaded with normie shit arcades.

but why senpai

Europoor has spoken

If you were intellectual as myself, you would see that I am right.

You are nothing but an dumb American.

You really had to add that onto there? Like you took time out of your day thinking "I need to add another insult on here, else I may not gain the point in this argument!"

>an dumb

>Free retro games
Oh do they get my smartphone out for me or something?

>Stupid points system
Uh, you mean paying for games? Yeah how dare they.

my brother is going to be taking me there for my 21st birthday later this month. I hope it's good.

Is it really that bad?

Glad I didn't go.

>this embarrassed illiterate europoor

Holy shit man.

House of the dead 4 nigga

what the fuck lol

Is it wiers or not normal to go to an arcade by yourself?

depends on what country you live in

It's normal, I sometimes see guys alone.

its for normies who want to play vidya while having it be "social"

It used to be the only thing even resembling a decent arcade in the city I used to live.

The arcade section was actually pretty big and had a decent selection of arcade games like the lost world jurassic park, house of the dead 2-4, about 8 daytona usa cabinets, it actually even had a machine with galaga and donkey kong. There was also a mario kart which I didn't even know existed in arcades. Come on though drinking a beer while playing the lost world was fucking awesome.

I miss the old arcade I used to go to though that shut down about ten years ago it had fucking Virtual On which was probably on of the coolest games to play in an arcade.

Burgerland

The reason i ask cause my friends were saying that going to the arcades solo is weird. I never thought of it that way and still don't.

>local dave & buster's replaced HYDROOOOO THUNDER with fucking doodle jump

jokes on them, the first round 1 just opened in the area

I hate when real arcade games get replaced with shitty casual or ticket games.

Oddly enough I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere. There's a really small mall nearby that has a Hydro Thunder and 2 Daytona USA cabs.

Should be ok. If it's Dave and Buster, just grab a drink from the bar and head to the arcade with drink in hand.

Any of you guys ever go to the Galloping Ghost? It's the biggest arcade in the US.

They have DDR, Daytona, Mario Kart, Terminator, House of the Dead, and Time Crisis at my D&B. I'd go there like once a week if I had the money.

Their food is shit, I'll give them that.

I just saw the list

good lord I saw the list

DUN DUN DUN DUN
DUN DUN DUN DANCE

fuck me, I could never get the endurance to finish that song.

Did you read the part about how you get unlimited play for $15?

that shit definitely warrants a field trip

>he doesn't want to play air hockey after eating a medium rare steak

It's like you hate fun

I remember going to one of these a long, long time ago when I was just a boy for one of my cousin's birthdays I believe. Not soon after I heard that some girl got raped in one of the bathrooms at the very same one I went to. It kind of permanently soured my experience of the place forever.

Wait what? Holy shit, I need to plan a trip there.

Their food are gross though.

I was just there like a month ago. Best fucking place ever. Has so many games. Also love you pay $15 for all day, can even leave to grab dinner somewhere and come back to keep on playing. The staff there is pretty cool as well.

>medium rare
WHAT IN THE FUCK
What is wrong with you?

>mfw i'm 30 minutes away from Galloping Ghost
>mfw i'm 30 minutes away from Dave and Busters (Addison)
>mfw i'm 30 minutes away from Round 1 (Bloomingdale)
Too bad I don't feel like playing weeaboo games anymore ._.

Are you me?

I'm in Chicago, but we are definitely different
>I'm also watching a guy have fun at Round 1, but i see no beer selection on there

Any good arcades for a New York City fag?

It's arcade games set to free play but you're supposed to drink or be the DD to play.

I don't give a shit about the arcade or the prizes; I go for the fucking goldfingers. Breaded fried chicken + honey mustard. It's the stuff that God eats.

go to the next level arcade and meet spooky

D&B's only decent contribution in the last decade was bringing over DDR Ace and pressuring R1 locations to adapt to the one-credit premium method.

I always liked PIU better than DDR/ITG. I wish the Prime machine at Philadelphia Mills had online service and wasn't dogshit for like four or five other reasons.

>one-credit premium method.
I'm not familiar with modern arcades as the ones near me close shop back in 1999, so what is this?

normies are retarded alcoholics with no taste.

D&B is for going out and having a good time with friends. I know this is an alien concept to most of Cred Forums, so I don't expect any of you to understand.

>F-Zero AX
I need it

Medium rare is the correct way to get a steak.

What mango is this?

>Go out to D&B with friends.
>Have a terrible time with friends.
>Using the "it's fun with friends" fallacy
>Justifying a shitty business with said fallacy.

You've probably never had fun in your life, have you?

Nigger it was a shitty, smelly place that serves mediocre food, has shit maintenance, has shit arcade games, doesn't even have any decent beer, and overall the only enjoyment I had was exclusively from interacting with, yes, my friends.

Which, if I wanted to have fun with my friends in a way that isn't supporting a garbage business and doesn't involve wanting to kill myself because of how terrible this experience is, then I would not go to D&B, I'd go to anywhere else.

Is that a knex object?
>i know it's tied to a meme, and that's all Google is giving me

I went and had fun with friends. I think you are just a faggot. yes that makes sense to me, you are a faggot.

PA fag here and you fucking new yorkers need to gtfo of hershey park, im about 40 mins away and theres fucking millions of you guys there killing the fun. I always go before new york kiddos get out of school

I also had fun with friends, because my friends were there, that doesn't change the fact that I'd be having more fun if all of us were somewhere else, because nobody enjoyed being there.

Could you actually tell me that you were having fun playing the games?

No, you had fun drinking and being around your friends. You can't tell me you had fun with the games, because the good games were either broken, or all there was was mobile phone games.

If you had fun with those games, you are literally cancer killing the vidya industry.

I enjoy it. This was opening night a few years back with my friends, they handed out the shirts

The last time I went there they had the Lost World Light Gun game so they're A-OK in my book.

What is this, Popn for retards?

I honestly just felt like calling you a faggot user calm down. the one I went to was ok because it had some actual games in the arcade but it was an out of town trip as we were on the way to medieval times in dallas for a friends birthday since he has a massive hard-on for that kind of thing. that however was legitimately great and fuck anyone who says otherwise.

also it was several years back before the whole "mobile games as arcade games" thing took off.

>Score is going randomly down, making it rigged to prevent you from getting to 999
Epic game, D&B.

at dave and busters or at the barcades?

Played Time Crisis 5 at a D&B recently, had a great time, too bad it's way to easy but it's still a ton of fun
3=4>5=2>1

Dave and Buster's is just Chuck E. Cheese's for grown men

MAX300
Healing Vision Angelic Mix
Dark Black Forest
Abyss
Captain Jack

It was simpler back then.

Nearly all of its guests are loser manchildren, and Cred Forums is the best example of the stupid shit such people would buy.

>tfw Arcade Odyssey
It's one of the only good things about living in Miami. Get to play Initial D, Pump it Up, DDR, animu fighters, HotD, and local Smash tourneys. Shit's so cash.

I'm pretty sure that's them hitting the wrong button that makes it decrease by one

Presumably that happens when you hit a bulb that isn't lit up.

Who was this guy again? I forgot his name

>going to a bar to play video games

Drink till you get tipsy then start playing the games you don't enjoy.

googling youtube food reviewer in a suit gave me results but I'm to drunk to bother past that.

That's bullshit that I should be expected to pay for the games on top of the drinks. They're mostly glorified mobile games for the most part. Barcades are set up so that you can access a bunch of arcade cabinets either by yourself or with a group of people. Sure you can play them on your phone but they're free here anyways and most were 2+ players. Something fun to do while you're out drinking.

You're telling me that that they collectively hit the bulb that's not-lit 10+ times in that one webm?

fug I said I'm drunk I left out the name thereportoftheweek

Which part senpai? Bergen county here and the nearest decent arcade is 8 on the break in Dunellen. It's on the small side, but they got time crisis 4, hotd 1, jubeat, initial d arcade stage 7 and 8, and wangan midnight.

I'm planning to go there sometime this week. If you wanna join.

Posting best DDR song
youtube.com/watch?v=6svLjj0HzR8

Thank you user.

Last one I went to had a huge arcade with a bunch a cool games. I got to play Time Crisis 4 with my cousin, which in and of itself was way more than I was expecting

When you sacrifice double checking for speed, it's a random pattern, and you're in a competitive environment, yeah you tend to mess up.

Is this the most underrated DDR song of all time?

Ocean County so I'm pretty far away.
Plus right now I'm flat broke so I'm not really going anywhere until I can get that sorted out
Pretty cool that they have Initial D though

Because some people want to leave their basements and have some fun at the arcade. What the fuck are you so mad about?

Galloping Ghost is a pretty cool place. I was dissapointed to find that a fair number of the machines are in poor condition. I suppose that's to be expected given the volume of people that come in every month.

That would be

Also post best Boss Song
youtube.com/watch?v=CsajHo9sugQ

>Basement Dwellers
>Having fun at D&B

>D&B
>A place to go to for the arcade

I went to one in Texas and it had Pac-Man and Donkey Kong. Beyond that I don't know what you want. Arcade games are shit anyway, you can play better versions of most of them without being fleeced.

user, I know you have autism, but he's clearly mad that he went to D&B with friends and didn't have any fun because of broken machines, disrespectful drunks, and arcade ports of mobile games

Who /round1/ here?
It's like D&B except it has weeb games tucked into the corners

Got ground kontrol and a local arcade that has ocean hunter.

People are always spilling beer on the consoles so shit is sticky

Dave and Busters is barely any better than the lowest of low grade places. They usually have one or two games worth a damn and the rest is shit like "Crossy Road Arcade" or "games" where all you do is try to time a lightbulb perfectly and fail 99/100 times.

Oh rip. At least you have a shorter drive to AC compared to me. And AnimeNext recently moved there, so you got good con to go to every year.

Living in the middle of everything is a double edged sword as it means nothing is an awfully long pilgrimage but everything is 1 hour away so you're always going the same distance anywhere.

I went to Dave and Busters once.
I thought I was going to be good at DDR but I wasn't.

It was still kinda fun though.

Easy.
A spot for the parents, a spot for the kids.

Now, someone answer me this one:

T.G.I. Fridays

WHY? THE MOST HORRIBLE OVERPRICED FOOD EVER. Worse than Pluckers.
Is it the drinks and/or desserts only? Atmosphere?

So theres a (semi) new Round 1 in the DFW area in Grapevine. It's okay. There's another one in Addison but it is absolutely overrun by spics.

Only 1 Miku machine. 2 DDR machines but one is usually broke. 2 Sound Vortex, 4 Groovecoasters, etc. They just setup Infinite Stratos.

I would love to see a machine get Mushihime-sama/Futari put on it but right now they just have DoDonPachi

Recently, it's the endless appetizers deal, $10 or $12 for each different type of appetizer. It's great when you're with friends and want a slightly more expensive food run than McDonald's or taco bell.

Kids aren't allowed at D&B though

That's not a bad thing honestly.

uh since when
because I went there as a kid
and went "recently" and there were kids there

Maybe after 5 or something they don't have kids

That's not true though, I went several times in middle school.

>Just moved to Dallas/Fort Worth
>Not one, but TWO (2) Round 1's
>One is 15 minutes away, the other 25

Thank you based Texas

Please tell me DFW has an Initial D community.

What? Yes they are. They're not allowed at the bar, but they literally play shitty teenpop music videos and there's kids running around all the time. 90% of the prizes are for kids.

only if you post more birds

Worked at mine for 3 years and I have a fine hatred for people. Ask me shit if you guys want, but I think I'm too late for this shit.

san diego?

youtube.com/watch?v=2IHDfOUuQzA

>That arcade background noise of all the games idling

Orgasmic.

Bionicle

The closest one near me recently got a bunch of Nintendo arcade games like Luigi's Mansion and Mario/Sonic Rio.

I've always been wanting to try Dark Escape 4D. Is it any good?

I'm pretty sure it's just Lego technic stuff.

If you're looking for a better steak in an arcade setting then you're shit outta luck

>pay a shitload for a few alcoholic beverages
>pay the same for some coke and do lines in the bathroom

whats there to explain?

Bionicle was an offsoot of technic anyway so

>Pladium

GTA bros get in here

Luigis mansion and the Mario olympic games one are pretty fun. Dark escape I hear is also pretty decent and scary, I've never tried it at mine. We recently got h2overdrive (which is hydro thunder basically) and guitar hero (obviously to new but great)

>Mfw we recently got rid of like all of our GHOST Squad machines and also our LA Machineguns machine
>after we got DDR A it smelled like gym class at the machine for like a week

are you saying that Massachusetts is underdeveloped?

It's alright, but it also has two endings and in order to get the good one you have to bust up every hidden camera in the game. It's pretty spooky and uses quite a few different effects to immerse you, as well as having a heart rate monitor built into your gun that can kill you if your BPM gets too high as well as deduct your score if it detects you falling for a jump scare

>normies
we need to eliminate this term

>I'm a fat, autistic PCuck who lives in his parents basement, hasn't had any friends since fifth grade and fears sunlight

this is what you sound like faggot. going to arcades like this and laser tag places with your friends is fun as fuck

>Be me
>In michigan
>We have 3 dave & busters
>None of them have DDR A

Why the fuck does the chicago area get everything we should have.

>Hating arcades of any kind
>"b-b-but normies" says the faggot with no job
>"its r-r-rigged!" says the pro-gamer wanna-be

hating D&B's is why arcades are dead in anywhere but chink-land. anti-social faggots stay mad.

nah, it lets me know who the redditors are

Chicago area R1/GG patron reporting in.

That's too bad man. Weeb games are my main thing to play.

I'm there for Copula every week.

GG does actually keep up the fight against wear and decay. They try to put out a new game every week, and in doing so it helps them cycle out other games which need repair. There was one recent week where their Twitter news feed mentioned not putting out a new game but how much time went into repairing some of the old ones.

It comes in cycles but there's been a few visits I've had there recently where the machines were generally in much better state than months prior.

>I like mobile phone games and cheap beer
exit's this way ->

Compare Round 1 to D&B and then realize your argument of "Lower your standards so that companies can both exploit your niche taste and appease the mainstream" is retarded

place in Minneapolis, MN serves craft beer and has a fuck ton of arcade games. here's there selection. went there on a Sunday afternoon once and it was crowded as fuck

>living in a flyover state
maybe try killing yourself?

>R1 sanctioned to be built in Bensalem
>lol nah let's move it to a city in the middle of fucking nowhere with a total population lower than the average traffic that the Neshaminy Mall gets on a weekend day

>be 19
>Used to always be able to go to Dave & Busters no problem years ago
>Ever since the one close to me closed the only D&B's that are within a reasonable distance only let you in by yourself if you're 21 and up

The arcades there are really shitty but it's the best I can find on Long Island currently. Please don't shit on me too hard for my age.

Probably costs them a fuck ton less to open there.

It's like you've never known the joy of the House of the Dead series.

>be brit
>only local arcade is a bowling alley
>said arcade is £1 per play on all the worthwhile machines
>nothing notably retro
>food is utter shit
>bar is useless as none of my friends drink
>not even sure if there's arcades anywhere near my county
fuck swindon

I used to go here a lot because there were actually really great arcade games that were hard to find elsewhere (I still play Star Wars Trilogy Arcade everytime I come across it).
Now its mostly shit though. Half of their games are apps on a bigger screen that you have to pay for each life. The games that are actually interesting have bullshit difficulty moments designed to make you lose. Which I admit, isn't new for arcades, but its much harder.
On top of that, a lot of newer games make you pay for each level.

The rhythm dance machine's ok.

We call this mobile gaming today.

The Angry Birds game gives a lot of tokens, I was able to get an Xbox 360 controller with just 3 plays from it

>8 on the break
mah nigga

I hope they have plans to get Initial D Stage Zero and Time Crisis 5 (if they can cram it in there somewhere)

They get Tekken.

Barcades are pretty good

If they remove tekken 5 and some of the fighters that only have 1 stick, they probably fight a couple more cabinets.

8 on the Break could be great if half the games weren't broken or semi broken.

Also you'd think such an established fighting game venue would have some decent attendance or viewership for tournaments but no. Same 20-30 people every week for Smash with FALSEWINSLOL and the same 10-20 people for SFV with DIEMINIONWINSLOL. Stream has topped out with 30 viewers and no higher for the last year. PLUS they don't charge a venue fee. No idea how this place stays afloat

Fucking bizzare. I went there a few weeks back to settle a decade old SF2 score with a friend. Imaging our shock when we realized there were ZERO fighting games. Only racing or lightgun.

This is the state of arcades in America? Who came up with this bullshit policy?

D&B's selection is definitely getting shittier as time goes by

But that's where I played the Mega Man arcade game with my little brother until we beat it.

And also where I first experienced 8 man Daytona USA and it was fucking competitive goddamn.

You mean Wunderland don't you user?

You need to check out Quarterworld on Hawthorne for their FZero AX full cabinet

you guys need to grow up

I was born grown and I'm just growing down.

My nigga.

We're getting one here in GA soon, gonna shit on some SDVX.

where?

Did someone say Kshoot?

2MB is the best DDR artist, prove me wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=N4uBtqIArEs
youtube.com/watch?v=OOxgh626J3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=5XFqDup1rj0
youtube.com/watch?v=UqW9TuiI8Lw
youtube.com/watch?v=r9exquNpa08
youtube.com/watch?v=u2SKW9ttNwc
youtube.com/watch?v=H4bxvdKxw3E

>fix it felix
I know Disney Quest had a ton of those machines to promote Wreck-It Ralph, did they sell those when the place closed down?

Ah, got it.

They opened some bar/arcade things here where I live. One of them was 90s themed so I figured it would be people in their 30s in there enjoying nostalgia. I went there and I was dead fucking wrong. It was 100% millenial hipster faggots with pink hair and waxed moustaches who were there ironically.

Ruined my fuckin' night.

I remember thinking this place was going to be magical because it was a mainstream arcade. Then I got there and the games were literally on-par with Chuck E Cheese. I haven't been there since my 21st birthday 8 years ago, but I'd fucking vomit if I went to an arcade and the had phone """games""" as the cabinets.

I don't know what's worse, shit like D&B where it's ports of mobile games or arcades that only include garbage rhythm games. Years ago my local arcade got rid of almost all of their classic cabinets and replaced them with countless DDR or other imported Jap rhythm games. The only people I ever fucking saw go there after that were goth kids. This was a decade ago when goths still existed.

Britbong here.

I don't know which D&B you went to, but I went on holiday to Murica and visited to good Dave and Busters. One is Los Angeles and one recently opened one in Las Vegas.

Las Vegas one was good, but obviously it was brand new so I can't say much about it. Los Angeles one was actually decent too. Also, they had Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympics, so I had a reason to get to these arcades than my pathetic BritBong ones.

Round 1 is better though.

woah there reddit