What's your excuse for getting Slim over this? Do you not want the most up to date graphics?

What's your excuse for getting Slim over this? Do you not want the most up to date graphics?

if I did I wouldn't be buying a console in the first place

is the graphics upgrade even noticeable without a 4K TV?

4K TV doesn't even make a difference since it's just upscaled

difference varies from game to game and if devs bothered but it's mostly the equivalent of lower settings vs higher settings on PC games -- some things look better, stabler framerate, etc... but ultimately still very similar and not essential

There will probably be a Pro Plus before the end of the generation.
Also no games.
I opt to upgrading my PC.

No.
And even most 4k early adopters aren't going to have HDR, and the few among those that might will probably have a version that has ridiculous input lag anyway.

This guy gets it. The only reason to own a PS4 if you have a PC is for the handful of decent exclusives. This is why I'll buy a used PS4, play maybe 3 or 4 games on it and sell it again.

Depending on the developers, some games might offer you a 1080p 60fps/uncapped fps option, others will offer supersampling for better AA.

The other advantage is games that struggle to run at a consistent 30fps on regular PS4 should run smoother on the Pro. Given it's only going to be $100 more than the Slim I don't see why anyone wouldn't choose this over it.

Ebin b8 m8

Wait, you seriously can't play UHD Blurays in it?

nope

while I'd never care for it, weird move from sony considering they're supposed to be pushing it

>can't play movies
I don't see how anyone would care about that lol

I'll wait to see a good comparison between FFXV on the old/Slim and FFXV on the Pro

One of the saddest images I've seen on the site for a decade desu. Rip all the oxygen the author used up while making this.

>it's just upscaled
it's not even that

nope

>I don't see how anyone would care about that lol
yeah it's not like every other gen of playstations able to play traditional media was a massive selling factor or anything

>comparing HDR on a non-HDR screen

Good luck with that

It's bigger than the normal PS4.

>most up to date graphics
>on a console
Good joke.

considering physical medias are strongly losing in popularity and the few people that care aren't even moving to newer formats, it's not a big concern anymore

HDR for PC when

Holy shit.
>weird move from sony

Seriously. They've been filming in 4k UHD for the at least the past six years. Everything they've produced since then is just waiting for a new 4k UHD remake now.

They fucked up.

>Be THE guys that made Bluray technology
>don't even include 4K UHD movies it in your new console
What a major fuckup.

maybe they just want people to buy both a PS4 and one of their premium UHD blu-ray player instead of both in one now

PC still can't play 4K HDR Blu-rays either.

>HAHA PKEKS HAVE TO PAY ANNUALLY FOR HARDWARE UPGRADES
>HAHA PKEKS PS4 JUST GOT AN UPGRADE SONY HAS WON

>the few people that care aren't even moving to newer formats
one of the biggest drivers to me in buying physical media is having an affordable player
the PS3 ended up being the most affordable blu-ray player on the market and a lot of people bought blu-ray disks because of it

the move away from physical media is corporate-driven, not consumer-driven

>used my 1080 Uncharted 4 pic
>say it's 4k
Fuck you and your false advertising.

>PS3 launches
>$599.99 US DORRAR
>still cheaper than their other blu-ray players that there's 0 reason to buy

PS4 can't even play CDs

there's no longer any major format war going on though

if every medias on the market is the same, people end up getting a player whether they like it or not -- unless they went digital anyway, in which case it's unlikely they'll come back even if they have a cheap player

I had family that refused to buy video game consoles for their kids and even they purchased a PS3 for this very reason. Next Christmas, my uncle was playing FIFA or some stupid soccer shit, while we were there. It works.

>PS4 can't even play CDs
this has to be false

spotted the neogaf faggot
i'll get your neogaf account banned instantly for associating with these sexist biggots.

Professional grade monitors, for graphic designers and hospitals and what have you

is 200 dollars a fair price for a used ps4? might get it off a friend

it's true last I know of, unless they fixed it in a firmware update or something -- I know it didn't at launch at least

>there's no longer any major format war going on though
too bad streaming apps are native to most 4K TVs
I don't even need a PS4K if it doesn't include a 4K blu-ray player

HDR IS NOT 10 BIT RETARD
ITS BACKLIGHT BRIGHTNESS ADJUSTMENT

>neogaf faggot
Never gone there. Posted the U4 pic in a screenshot thread here about a month ago, now it turns up in this piece of shit

The PS4 as of now can't play music CDs. I don't even think it can play DVDs. Techinically, the Xbox One/S can't even play CDs, DVDs or Bluray movies UNLESS you update the console and download the required CD or Bluray app from the Xbox Store.

>not even 100% Adobe RGB
what went wrong

I honestly dont understand the whole 60fps deal. I mean I can see the framerate difference from the PS3 but I doubt a few extra frames per second is going to constitute spending $100+ more.

HDR10, the HDR standard Sony uses, also includes the REC.2020 10 bit color space.

Sony is actually launching its first own 4K blu-ray player in a few months

PS3P would indeed end up being competition for it

I have a nice 1080+ TV that is not 4K, so in other words, theres no real difference

You might want to look into that silm PS4 if the bestbuy deal is still going on or you have a chance to get it.

>Silm ps4 - 300USD
>Sony platinum Headphones - Free

New PS4 and 150USD headphones for 300.

>I honestly dont understand the whole 60fps deal.
coming from a PC user, experiencing 100+ fps in almost every game, I don't understand it either since it is pretty much an entry-level standard that nobody should be excited about

it's like being super-pumped that your car tops out at 60 mph

PKEKS

B T F O
T
F
O

Blame Reddit for latching so hard onto the PCMR memes and blame TotalBiscuit for introducing it to the plebs

Because right now we don't know if there will even be many games that take advantage of it. It could very well be a New 3DS situation where there's like three games that you need it for. If the thing sells like shit, then Sony will likely cater to the majority of people who have a non Pro PS4. I already have the old model which still works perfectly fine. I'm not shelling out another $500 until there's a good amount of games that I absolutely need a Pro to play.

Fuck off you shill

I don't give a shit if it's native 4K or not, I just want Horizon to be good.

woah! is this a picture of real life???? i literally couln'dt tell because it looking so lifelike and real! this power of playstation 4 is amaizng for the player!

hello Xbox shill

please leave

Gorilla Games have never made a good game.

Enjoy your Cinematic Uncharted/Far Cry with a female protagonist that never shuts the fuck up.

PCuck pls don't be so obvious

or if you have pleb friends

sometimes I want to fucking throw this shit controller bollocks through my fucking window but listen, if you want to play with people you know, you put up with a lot of shit

Not worth the money and trouble

400 dollars
paywall payware online for garbage support thats gone offline 3 times in the last 3 weeks

No real games beyond overzealous and overhyped games

No blu-ray 4k drive despite advertising 4k support

all these dumb streaming nonsense shit like streaming 4k is fucking pointless

HDR for tv's that don't even support it

>is this a picture of real life
No. It's a crappy pic of Uncharted 4 I took, posted here, and then some idiot made that shit pile of a pic it turned up in claiming it is 4K.

really, that's a crappy one?

wow, I can't imagine how awesome other pictures are then -- guess we don't even need real life anymore

bait

damn, you must be a genius

We can do the same on PC with Neptune you know.

i ebayed my white ps4 for 250 bucks, and im going to buy a PS4 pro when it comes out
i didnt finish bloodborn or start dark souls 3 because i was waiting to play it on the upgraded PS4 .

and any fucking idiot who wants to run ps4 console exclusives not a 20 FPS, is going to get the PS4 PRO and just use 60 fps mode

and i have a i7 980 and still prefer playing a lot of games on console, because they have a better userbase, and not full of cancerous little shitters like dark souls 3 on PC launch day faggots streaming on twitch invading players and forcing them to get softbanned from all multiplayer because some faggot was invading them with a hacked character
and lets not forget most games have 100x more playerbase on PSN than on PC, and cancer that is PC is full of hackers for literally every fucking game, cant even play a game of CS or R6 siege without a fucking faggot getting auto kicked every other match for detected hacks

Call me what you want but I hated the Killzone series and don't think Gorrilla will live up with this game faglord.

I'm not getting one at all, I'm waiting for the Scorpio.

bait

I'm waiting for the PS4 Pro Slim, but I'll need to see what PS4 Pro Pro has over it.

I have a 720p TV, just upgraded to 4K HDR today. my excuse for not getting this garbage? i don't hate myself.

Hi there sonyfriend

>really, that's a crappy one?
It was before I heavily edited it with photo-mode shit. This is in the same area without photo-mode, not nearly as good looking.

how much is this going to fuck up devs on the ass when it comes to developing games?

jesus christ those shadows are shit

yes

Dude, fuck math.

>up to date graphics
>any console

Ezio?

Think of it this way, do you want to pay $600+ for a system again? Because that's what you're going to get. The fact this wasn't $500 as is completely surprised me considering how they were (somewhat) upgrading the specs.

Savage

First posts best post

Here...

then can't it do nothing now?

ya know, the joke from 2006 being that it has no games/games = movies/ now it can't play movies so it can't play anything!?

>40 million early adopters got fucked over
>they'll gladly give Sony their money again for what is just a small upgrade
This is fucked up

Using the same method, phones will be way cheaper and performer because you dont have to buy the screen and you can play anywhere, and somehow will be better better for gaming.

That image is totally retarded.

Sorry senpai, adding a UHD Bluray reader would only have added about $15 in production costs per unit. It's a really insignificant addition.

What kind of HDR, in sofware exist since directx 8.

Rec 2020

If I don't have a 4K monitor, does it the games still look and run better. I haven't read up on it desu

As is tradition

The Xbone S has UHD Blu-Ray support and it costs less.

A very reliable/accurate analyst has predicted they'll announce the PS5 sometime next year, and to be honest, HDR as a technology hasn't really caught up to the point where it's good for gaming in most sets yet, so I don't see the point.

When TVs get input lag

The PS4 can play DVDs just fine.

>i want the perfect interpretation of color grading and tone
From the monitor hardware?
Thats for retinafags, in the long shot is dead.
I dont remember any of this in the 1080p era, maybe its because 4k displays are not cheap, they need buzzwords to get along with real technical data.
What does that rec2020 dosent cover?

It can stream movies in 4k, and play them in 4k off of an external storage device.

Honestly, I didn't know physical media was even still popular for movies. Everyone I know either streams or pirates anyway.

google HDR10 and/or Dolby Vision

>results are usa today
You buy a TV watching shit like pic related?
>yea... its 4k.. but this one is better 4k hue hue hue

FPBP.

I'll buy it because it will be able to handle PSVR waifu sims.

shiiiiiiiiiieeeeeet

OP BTFO

>I dont remember any of this in the 1080p era
HD era was Rec 709, retard. AKA shit from back in the analog days when 255 255 255 would blow up people's TVs.

its only 100 dollars. what are you poor? that's not even two games.

I'll probably be getting it. I found a $100 GameStop card on the floor at my local mall a few months ago, and I'll resell my old ps4. I won't be paying too much out of pocket.

>C U C K S C A L E D T O 4 K

Sonyggers are the worst fucking people on Cred Forums.

>relying on monitor gimmicks to increase the pissfilter effect?
Retinafags are the worst.
>using tvs in 2016
I want CBS to leave.

>That's not even two games

With that $100 I could buy Bloodborne and...

>pixel density has something to do with color space
u wot

...Another copy of Bloodborne!

>sell my existing ps4 for $200 on ebay/cl
>get ps4 pro for $200 more

ermhagerd so much money

I have the playstation visa so I'll use that and get points.

Its consolefags hearing about shit for the first time, i dont get it.
there is novidya synch and free synch in monitors for PC, and nothing else, so far in this shit color grading bullshit they are on that 709, but reaching 2160p at 160hz and 1080 at 240hz, are those TV's anything above 60hz? to play a cinematic experience at 24fps? that stutters at 17fps?

PC will get HDR one day. I'm sure of it.

I'm not a graphics whore.
Playing Horizon then selling that shit.
Fuck Sony.

Neither. Playstation 4 has no games

Its part of the displayport standard you retard

Need for speed Underground 2 had HDR on pc nigger.

>wasting money on a console when you could spend it on a PC

HDR as in Rec 2020, not simulated HDR lighting.With Rec 2020, the need for fake HDR in games is lessened greatly.

I wont live to see a console being able to reach 4k and solid 60fps while playing something like space engineers with decent graphics.

Then why sell the same thing standalone for what was it, $500 or $600? Do they really mark it up that high?

>tfw loads of retards like you are going to be forced to sell your PSquads for dirt cheap stumbling over each other to afford the Pro or Slim
I'm going to be fucking rich

Rec.2020 is a color space, not HDR.

>Glitchy ugfest that won't ever actually be finished

Just visted a best buy. HDR tv does look good.

Rec 2020 has a higher dynamic range than Rec 709.

Your no man's sky review?

I want to play FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, The Last Guardian, Yakuza 6, Dragon Quest Builders, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, God of War, Death Stranding, FF7 Remake, Days Gone, Wild, Summer Lesson.
I don't need a new card to play Mount & Blade and Kerbal, PC seriously has not many great exclusives, sadly.

Irrelevant.

Wrong.

It's not the sort of dynamic range we're talking about here.
Also irrelevant is HDR photograph compositing, and the dynamic range of audio equipment.

Gamut is LITERALLY a measure of COLOR range ... both how many shades of color and where those specific shades lie on the big color wheel of life. It has nothing to do with AMOUNT of light, just the amount and location in relative terms within itself to COLOR. As with dynamic range, it doesn't mean how many shades within a space are defined, just the total range of tones covered by the space. You can google for color space or color gamut and get all kinds of colored graphs and charts showing the differences between color spaces or color gamuts.

Great.
That's not what HDR is though.

High dynamic range (HDR) is a dynamic range higher than what is considered to be standard dynamic range. The term is often used in discussing displays, photography, rendering, and sound recording including digital imaging and digital audio production. The term may apply to an analog or digitized signal, or to the means of recording, processing, and reproducing such signals.

HDR10, the HDR standard Sony uses, also includes the REC.2020 10 bit color space.

But will the fake 4K games run at a stable framerate?

yes
stable 24fps

HDR10 is p. much synonymous with Rec 2020 like HDTV was with 709.

Where is the excuse to even buy a fucking PS4 if you have a good PC?

No thanks im waiting for scorpio, playstation is finished.

bioware confirmed its going for 1080p 30fps.
They are not even trying.

Actually playing games?

my excuse is that PC is better, I should buy a good video card instead.

>Games
>plural

You know that Bloodborne is just one game, right?

I guess /r/masterrace autist lack even basic reading comprension now.

no one would be stupid enough to get a slim over a pro which is more than 2x as powerful for only $100 more, i refuse to think people can be so misinformed

And how many of those are currently available for purchase?

>stable 24fps
That wonderful cinematic quality

So much for that "4K" gameplay they showed at the reveal event.

>They're not out right now, so they don't exist!
Nice goalpost moving bub.
Right now you can enjoy Gundam Breaker 3, Gravity Rush remastered, Jojo Eyes of Heaven, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, Valkyria Chronicles and yes, Bloodborne too.

Have you bought a Sony 4k tv to watch it?
Remember you cant if not.

Half of those are REALLY bad and most run well below 30fps

Which ones are bad, user? I'd like to know your -opinions-.

>Sony 4k tv
They make those? Only ever see stuff about Samsung's curved UHD ones.

All of them are shit

Good games are Gundam Breaker and Valkyria Chronicles

>ps4 was weaker than my pc
>ps4 neo is still weaker than my pc
its like buying a low tier PC and then upgrading to another low tier PC with no option of bringing over parts, plus paid online tax

>
Jesus Christ what kind of fucking pleb are you? ODin Sphere Leifthrasir is one of the best games ever made, this really shows how much non-idorts know about vidya.

This looks like No Man's Sky with a different skin.

that looks upscaled..

They don't look remotely similar

look at the creatures

>PC's render at higher resolution as another way to deal with AA
>consoles render at lower resolution to scam their users
lel

Blame Sony

They threw Mark Cerny up as a sacrificial lamb toward the audience.

He honestly did a pretty good job with the shit they gave him to work with.

>can't use the additional horsepower to get better FPS at 1080p
What's the fucking point?

You can if you play on a 1080 screen.

Weebshit RPG platformers are ALL terrible
Its not even an original one either

He was probably thinking of Steve Jobs and said to himself "This is my time to SHINE!"

You don't even have an idea about what genre it belongs in, stop embarassing yourself, pleb.

>Do you not want the most up to date graphics?
Yes, I do, that's why I have a PC.

>d-dont hate muh weebshit stat riddled platform fighters

>stat riddled
You know, this is exactly like having a dumb consolekid waltzing in and calling Quake 2 a dumb CoD-style FPS.

>He was probably thinking of Steve Jobs
Well Sony did take Apple's stupid PRO label.