Don't even pretend you're not going to play the shit out of this, you're all suckers for anything Metal Gear

Don't even pretend you're not going to play the shit out of this, you're all suckers for anything Metal Gear.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/metal-gear-survive-not-a-60-game/1100-6442730/
youtube.com/watch?v=K9cEz8s5voI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>MG flavored Umbrella Corps
No, it's gonna be shit. I bet you loved MGR too, you faggot.

I haven't played a Metal Gear game since I played 4 back in 2009 and I won't be playing this.

MGR was a fun side project made by Platinum, this is Konami rehashing assets in the worst way possible.

I havent played since nes. Might pick it up.

We already played this game

So what's with the flying fish anyway?

what

SO WHAT'S UP WITH THE FLYING FISH ANYWAY?

Alternative universe. Fish fly in this game.

Very surreal.

Since the game is recycled, i'm expecting the engine to have the same level of combat complexity as mgsV, which sad to say, wasn't very impressive.

I couldn't stick C4 on my cbox and walk it in a base. I couldn't shoot my own grenades after throwing them like quiet does. Even driving cars with c4 strapped to it into a base wasn't possible because they stop after 3 meters.

I'm skipping out on this, even if the freeroam team thing attracts me.

>Very surreal

Except it's just Afghanistan with Mother Base pieces all over, they didn't even bother to change the plants or the terrain color.

It's like a shitty level pack for MGSV, where you're punished even less for getting spotted.

Not even a pushing a lot of zombos on screen.

or the layout

>literally a skin pack for MGS V
>they didn't even care about changing character animations
>each character has the same animations from Venom Snake, walking, crouching, opening doors, anything
>still charges $30 for it though since why not
>pretends Kingdom of The Flies epilogue aka mission 51 never existed

I'm hoping this fails hard and hits the bargain bin right after releasing. Fuck you Konami. You had one fucking job.

It seems they're going full on the survival aspect of it, probably trying to follow on the success of DayZ and Rust.

>still charges $30

Where did you get this info from? I don't think they announced the price yet, if anything it'll be $40 or $45.

I didn't play TPP, what's going to make this one different?

They did.

Source here: gamespot.com/articles/metal-gear-survive-not-a-60-game/1100-6442730/

>Hunger
>Thirst
>Life
>Stamina

You know, if that was in MGSV it would have been a much more interesting game.
I'm actually starting to feel like they were going to put these mechanics in MGSV, ran out of time, and decided "well we dont want all this work to go to waste".
I'll probably buy this because I am a sucker for anything metal gear and most survival games are early access trash anyway.

>metal gear game
>no metal gears

DROWNING

Didn't windwaker already do this?

Oh there's certainly going to be a Metal Gear, didn't you watch the trailer?

>Open world PVP on a huge MGS5 map with zombies and shit.

My inner pleb is screaming out for this to happen.

I want bomberman to come back.

>rehashed assets in a game that literally no one asked for

I'll pass.

I've never played a single Metal Gear game

I don't think you understand user. Survive is forcing solidfags to come to terms with the fact that shit really is over and they can't handle it.

Was willing to give it a chance until they showed they're gonna use the same fucking locations of MGSV. Fuck Konami.

The soldiers are having dying hallucinations as they drown among the wreckage of Mother Base. There is no wormhole. There are no zombies.

it's a metaphor for the game; one last delusion, an illusion of continuation, before it all ends for good among the wreckage of whatbwas built before it

Characters and stuff got sucked into this reality. And the game is alspo alternative timeline.

That's not to say there's no new levels.

Could be the Majoras mask of Metal Gear.

We already played this game with zombies
youtube.com/watch?v=K9cEz8s5voI

Why the fuck is the audio in this video so fucking low?

>That's not to say there's no new levels.

They didn't even bother reskinning the Diamond Dogs supply box.
Of course there won't be any new levels.

>anything metal gear
yeah but this is more like anything resident evil konami squirty shit garbage in your mouth

Main MGSV having those wouldn't work, you're the boss of a powerful mercenary group that can manufacture and fly over a supply crate of anything you'd need within minutes. You're also roaming about landmasses that are packed with stocked outposts and bases that you could sustain yourself with. Survival elements in such a setting would be nothing more than a hassle, busywork, lame shit.

Survive has you isolated and you must live off the land, so those sorts of mechanics are more reasonable. In all likelihood, the hunger/food/durability systems are still going to be nothing more than busywork that requires you to open the menu every now and then just to reset those death meters.

Why is the light shining down like it's underwater, can't see shit. looks worse than MGS5

Me and my friend are gonna get a copy and fuck around in coop.
The only reason we pre-ordered MGSV because were kinda hoping that it would have some form of coop outside of the mother base garbage.
Fight me faggots.

>Why is the light shining down like it's underwater

Because it is underwater, haven't you noticed there are fish in the sky?

>2016
>trailers are relevant

>hating MGR
for what reason?

Wow so Konami is basically taking the whale scene from the trailers literally
that is dumb

Or maybe this guy is right

reee anything that doesn't have kojima's name under it is shit.
welcome to MGS threads on Cred Forums where it's mostly populated by Kojimadrones

I mean, survive looks fucking retarded....I just don't understand hatred towards MGR. It was a good game.

Wow this game looks like a masterpiece.

It lacked Kojima's pretentious bullshit and didn't take itself too seriously

Who's pretending? I know I will.

Fuck, you know what? Peace Walker had it bang on with the co-op. That's what I wanted in MGSV - a friend's soldier in place of a buddy to 2-player the story missions or side ops or whatever.

If I buy this game it would be purely chasing a lost memory of what I wanted.

so, that's a bad thing?

Haven't touched any of this shit.

I'm not even slightly interested in a shitty broken Konami game.

No, unless you're a Kojimadrone.

Reminder that Metal Gear Rising is the only game that matters

Its events are the most recent of the Metal Gear universe timeline and are canon too.

It's pure fun, something hackjima wouldn't know

Honestly looks fun, maybe not $40 fun though.

I'm sure it will be an alright game, I did like attention to detail such as the fence bending from the zimbabwes. The game will probably have it's faults too, but that's alright I guess.

Now it's quite clear why they're using the Metal Gear brand to make a survival game, so they can reuse as much shit as possible.