Is 2017 going to be dominated by Sonic?

Is 2017 going to be dominated by Sonic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6vuP7cf2lKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Didn't they say 2014 was going to be "The Year of Sonic"?

Just give me a game where I can play as either Shadow or Blaze again. Sonic by himself just feels so damn vanilla, and I HATE that every time a formula doesn't work, they go back to square one and playing it insanely safe.

no

Lucky for you, the next 2 sonic games are going to PC, where you can use mods to play as other characters. And lucky for me, Sonic is the only character I care about so playing as him is all I need

The only playable characters in Sonic should be the blue blur himself, tails and blaze.

Dominated? Probably not, but with Mania looking great and Project 2017 maybe being decent would help out the reputation of Sonic a lot, so long as they don't pull another 06/Rise of Lyric in the immediate future.

>Didn't they say 2014 was going to be "The Year of Sonic"?
I believe that was what they put on a private event thing where they properly announced Sonic Boom.

Why not Knuckles?
He worked just as much as Tails.

I think the Sonic Advance games had a great foundation going

Kinda wish Sonic Rush continued to build further on that (ESPECIALLY since Amy, Tails, Cream, and Knuckles are all NPCs in that game) but I guess they wanted to emphasize that only Sonic and Blaze (and in other games, Shadow) are fast enough to perform the Boost.

Why is sonic so cool looking :(

_ ____ __ ____ ____ ________

>No Knuckles
>No E-123 OMEGA
We won't get another 06 and we certainly won't get another Adventure style game because of it, at least for a VERY LONG TIME.

He was created and marketed to be as cool as possible.

Of every single Sonic character, Omega is the one I'd have the hardest time imagining them putting in a 2D game

There's probably a few reasons for another Adventure game not happening.

06 is definitely one of them, Sonic Team probably don't have the confidence to try it again, they likely do not have the budget to give it a proper shot, and the Adventure games themselves have been massively shat on these past couple years.

Only if 2017 looks hype as fuck and their marketing is in full force. It's not coming out until December and Mania, while it'll probably be great, won't be enough by itself to sustain the hype for the rest of the year. However, what little we've seen and know about 2017 so far indicates it'll just be Generations 2 in terms of gameplay, so expectations should probably be tempered.

>and the Adventure games themselves have been massively shat on these past couple years.
I feel like this could be a big reason. Ever since they did those insanely lazy HD ports, the flaws of the Adventure games have only become more apparent for the modern audience.

The adventure 1 port is odd in some areas but good enough to play. I have 3 versions of sa1 and it feels fine on 360. SA2 got a great port, maybe pcucks and sonyggers got shit ports like usual idk

Can this seriously not run on a 3DS?

There's probably a reason the 3DS got different remakes of Sonic 1 & 2 and not any of the Retro Engine games.

Why not make all characters besides Sonic played exactly like Sonic like they in the classics so people wouldn't think playing as Sonic's friends besides Tails & Knuckles aren't so bad?

I'd be fine with that if they did it like they did in the Advance games and Rush: everyone's like Sonic but with their own slight gimmick.

I feel like people really take for granted how the Sonic Advance games put that "Sonic should be the only one playable" argument to rest.

Because the purpose of additional characters since Adventure, with the exception of Shadow, Amy (Heroes) and Espio, was to provide an alternate form of gameplay in an attempt to appeal to non-Sonic fans. Now it's harder to take those existing characters and roll them back into Sonic-esque gameplay. How the fuck do you make Big or Silver or Rouge play like Sonic in 3D gameplay, not to mention when people think of Tails and Knuckles in 3D they think of their Adventure gameplay styles instead of their 2D gameplay, to the extent that a significant number of people legitimately believe Knuckles should've been the playable character in Unleashed's beat-em-up levels.

Shadow the Hedgehog was basically SA3 it played almost exactly like SA2 barring vehicles and guns. Everyone hated it for some reason even though it wasn't actually that bad

>How the fuck do you make Big or Silver or Rouge play like Sonic in 3D gameplay
That fan game Sonic World did a decent job with it I think.
>a significant number of people legitimately believe Knuckles should've been the playable character in Unleashed's beat-em-up levels.
And those people are beyond retarded.

I wouldn't mind being dominated by Sonic if you know what i mean.

I feel like Adventure 2 and Heroes had the right idea in having a very small amount of playstyles shared among the large cast of characters. When I think of Rouge, she's usually either a clone of Tails or Knuckles, and I think that typically works for her depending on the game.

Having one play style that all "Speedsters" like Sonic, Shadow, and Blaze can share; having one all "Flyers" can share like Tails, Cream, and maybe Rouge, etc.

Silver can seriously go fuck himself. You can probably squeeze him into that "Flyer" category, but debuting with the playstyle they gave him in 06 just makes that character DoA in terms of his career.

Nah Shadow is a legitimately bad game.

It had some cool features but ultimately it's pretty damn unfun.
Get off Cred Forums Amy.

>Blaze

Yiff in hell

I feel legitimately bad for Silver since he's really only bad because of 06.

I kinda wish they would brink him back just to do him justice but I know they won't.

Sonic Runners showed that everyone can play like Sonic with their own gimmicks with no problems. I can understand Big, but what's so weird about Rouge and Silver? They can run as fast as everyone else in Sonic Rivals.

Are the Sonic Rivals games good? It's hard to believe those are the only 2D games Shadow's been in so far.

So Sonic Rivals 2 didn't do him too good, huh?

Not him, but the Sonic Rivals games didn't really do anything to give him that unique quirk that Tails (Flight) and Knuckles (Glide/Climb) and Blaze (Hover) have in the 2D games they're in. He was just a full 1:1 Sonic clone with a different special move. That type of playability almost feels like a cop-out.

But I guess I'm just never satisfied.

Shadow's controls were way too fucking slippery than the Adventure series and I don't remember SA2 having good/dark/neutral paths in the levels themselves to the point I had to play Westopolis 12 fucking times.

>barring vehicles and guns
Yeah, I think that's kind of an important aspect to remember considering how much that it was advertised

The 3ds is really garbage for ports dude

That sounds like it

Do anyone think that the Deadly Six will return in this?

i hope not

They were pretty lame and not at all threatening. Sonic alone could take on three of them at a time, so I have a hard time imaging how they'd be a threat when he has Classic Sonic and his other friends with him.

Theres no reason for them to. please no more spongebob sonic...let that era come to an end

Aren't they dead?

Well, that sucks. I hope Sonic Team can think of what to do with him. Same with everyone else.

YES

Everyone who aren't the usual suspects + Shadow are basically retired/comic fodder at this point.

What game is this render/promo art from? Sonic looks perfect

Unleashed.

Every day i find myself wanting to defend unleashed more and more, but i dont want to be labeled...bloody hell

Sonic Runners and Rivals 2 show that all Sonic characters can work, but only in 2D

why do you give a shit about what anonymous shitposters think

It seems that even bringing up sonic unleashed nowadays starts a sigma, sours the thread, or autists start throwing labels around

If there were that many shitposters already in those threads then they probably would've gone to shit regardless.

That also sucks since now they're in the same fate as Big. I do, however, liked how they were handled in comics, though.

3DS can't emulate SNES or GBA games

it's really a pathetic console

No man, sonic fans are rabid, especially towards the defense of non 2D games

yes

3DS Hardware is too weak.

It has weaker hardware than the damn PSP, what do you think?

why is it so goddamn weak? didn't it come out in 2012 or something?

They have SNES games available for virtual console now, but only with the New 3DS. Here's hoping for GBA next.

NO SONICHU DLC. NO BUY

Its nintendo man, thats all that needs to be said. They cheap out and cut corners whenever they can. Thats why their games have no content and are full price. Thats why their console, equal to the 360 in power, is more expensive than an xbox one or ps4. They think of themselves as the disney or apple of gaming.

I hope 2017 has the boost again. I also bet that other characters wont be playable in sonic teams games until sometime in 2020 either

Sorry user, but that's just wrong; StH played like Heroes: same slippery soap engine, same middle finger to anything reselbling physics, same slowdowns as the inferior PS2 verion of Heroes. Oh, and it had none of the "So bad, it's good" charm that it's older brother had

Fuck me, *resembling
It's way too late for me to be on Cred Forums

Sonic World R7 fucking when?

I hope hubs come back, no more of this overworld/empty space garbage. Unleashed hubs are the best, i love the satisfaction of landing to a foreign area, talking to the locals a bit, looking for a couple medals, buying the food, and then finding new powerups or levels in the action hub area

Eh, Unleashed's a bretty gud game user (and yes, I didn't mind the Werehog's gameplay TOO much, unlike his 90-minute levels) but Sonic and the game/levels visuals peaked with Unleashed. Generations's engine is great, but it's not quite the same level of...polish I want to say

Look up sonicjgbs videos on youtube. The werehog levels are 5-8 minutes, chun nan being the shortest at 3 or so. If you do the hotdog mission time trials, you will see how fast they can actually be cleared. I agree that the engine feels off in generations, playing the modern demo for the first time threw me off with the physics and control differences

Generations' renderer is straight up cut-back compared to how it was in Unleashed.

which really made no sense

Oh, I know, I've speedran a few (and did the hotdog missions of Eggmanland because I'm an absolute masochist), but compared to blazing fast, sub-3 minutes Daytime levels, it just feels like they were WAY too long for that God of War-esque fighting model

Yep, I run Unleashed Project on my PC and you can clearly tell the difference but even UP can't quite capture just how fucking amazing PS3 SU was

ITS THE MIGHTY ZAPPING BOOM OF THE MIGHTY SONICHU

>(and did the hotdog missions of Eggmanland

You and me both. 1000/1000 reporting in. That was an immensely satisfying game to get all the achievements in

Oh no, no, I never got 100% because fuck the Hotdog missions, but I made myself suffer through Eggmanland's because I had to make it my bitch; it had become personal. Seriously, fuck that level with a rusty spork

I see, well if you did eggmanland hotdogs, then the others would be cake in comparison. Im proud of my ~13 minute eggmanland time but know i can get it to under 12. My first 360 hard drive corrupted so i lost my save. Got all the medals and S ranks again when i restarted but never redid the hotdog missions. If the game ever becomes BC on the xbox one i will truly 100% the game in every possible way. Until then i just casually replay it on and off

I never had the patience to do those missions, really. Too much effort for too little reward. Eggmanland was just running the stage 3 times and that was enough of that mexican vendor fucker for the rest of my life

It wasnt about rewards or patience, they were just fun side challenges that happened to yield achievements and great amounts of exp (every hotdog gives 50exp). At least thats how i saw them, im probably not as good at them now because i've played the act 1-2 levels way more than the regular ones but i wouldnt mind relearning, since theyd be easier anyway

this

pc? PC? PC FUCKING WHEN? SEGA YOU FUCKS

>bring back comfy hubs
>find a good (read: NOT LW) alternative to Boost gameplay
>include a few different gameplay styles (probably Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Shadow/Blaze)
>Chao Garden.....please?
And done, we get SA3

youtu.be/6vuP7cf2lKQ

Exploring apotos for the first time was magical, that day/night transform cutscene was fucking awesome

This doesnt look 1/10th as intense as the original 2-2. Generations engine is whack, the only people who say this is better actually havent played unleashed

I know what you mean.

In the time it tooj you to respond, i replayed apotos 2-2 several times and came to the same conclusion. Unleashed on console, now hear me out, its 720p no aa ness, looks better and has better post processing than generations on any pc

It has a certain feel to it that's hard to describe, the simple quick-time events are pretty fun too.

There's just something about it that stands out.

Yes it feels like they said fuck it at some point, if you compare the initial reveal trailer and really just uncapped the games limits on what they originally expected. Theres no way id ever be able to describe it but thats true...theres something that feels very solid about it , the weight, colors, art, motion blur about it all. It all feels very unique and self contained. I like the qtes too becuase they feel like sudden mini games and i love the sound effects they have, especially when a 5 chain qte is done fast, the ding-ding-ding-ding-ding CHING. I miss the "feel" it has

Bump for sonniku

When do you think work on sonic 2017 officially began? Id say they got their xbone/ps4 dev kits in early 2013, but finished lost world first. For 2014 they were conceptualizing and getting ideas down, on how it would play, how the story would go, what the setting would be etc. And then since late 2014/early 2015 theyve actually been making the game, a standard 2 year cycle in time for release next november

What's stopping Sega from shitting out Blaze The Cat's Very Own Adventure or Sonic Rush 9: The Return of The Revenge of Whatever? I mean really.

Yes

Is this some kind of samefag? I watched the same stage and the Generations one looks better. You can't just say it 'feels' better.

opinions exist

And the other 3 are me. Sounds like you havent played it in person either on a 360 or ps3. Unleashed has a very vibrant and warm glow to everything, the animations and sound effects are better, and theres more physics in play, better graphical effects, and is a faster game. The unleashed project is a good substitute if you dont have a 360 or ps3 but it doesnt compare to the original unleashed, not even close

Sonic Rush 2 sold like shit that's why.

Source on its sales versus the original? Thats to bad, since rush 2 was better in every way and felt like a truly good sequel

I want qss back

Will Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be THE BEST of the best? GOTY? GOAT? Will they be putting out all of the stops into this one? Mind you that this one will obviously be developed for the NX.

What will you be looking forward to?

Im so hyped for both of next years sonic games. I wish i could play a demo of either of them right now holy fuck mania is going to be so good

>you got Wii Unleashed
>literally none of this

J U S T
U
S
T

If nintendo made a 7th gen console, you wouldnt have been left with unwiished, sorry fambo. The sonic mania special edition is in the top 20 for ps4, xbone, pc, it must be selling really well. xbone is just hanging in at 20 though