Never played any of the Diablo games before

>never played any of the Diablo games before
>decide to play the first one
>have more fun with it than with most games I've played over the past few years
Man I wish I had played this when I was young, I'm about to start the second one and eventually play the third
what should I expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qt0jCgxIhrI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

disappointment

2nd one with the expansion is amazing in a different way from the first one. It is heavily remembered as being awesome thanks to multiplayer with friends, but still holds up quite well without it. Realize that your skills in the second one are tied to your class, and there is a spell tree. It is not necessarily a bad thing, since there are tons of spells. Also go Necro, best representation of the class.

Diablo 3 isn't a bad game, it is just a bad diablo game.

Diablo 2:LoD is probably one of the best games ever made. I would also recommend Path of Exile as well. I've put more time into it than the Diablo games at this point.

Diablo II is decent, I recommend playing it multiplayer rather than singleplayer. If you don't have any friends you can try battlenet right after the ladder reset (happens twice a year), there should be some people playing at that time.

2nd is great. prob still my most played game of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=qt0jCgxIhrI

3rd was kind of disappointing for a lot of reasons (the fights with elite packs were fun though)

I like path of exile much more than D3 desu

also, are you going to play single player or multi in D2?

are my nigga.

try The Hell mod for diablo 1

it's made by russians and it's great, although pretty hard

I'll probably be playing single only, I haven't decided whether I'm going to buy it or just get it from a friend

Great atmosphere. Seriously diablo 1 it's the most diabloish game out of the 3, the music, the enemies, the doomed town, the town's music is the best of all 3, the underground stairs progression thingy, simplicity but awesomeness on items, the townsfolk, the cinematics. God what a 10/10 game

Expanded upon what d1 did, more classes and new spells, tons and tons of content, nice graphics, HUGE item variation (downside is the vast amount of shitty items), the cube, the runes, since there are 5 acts and thus 5 "towns" u dont get to "like" the npcs too much like in d1 (but I love luth goleim), andariel-duriel-mephisto-diablo-baal bosses, 3 skill trees per class which lets you build different play styles. The GOAT tier cinematics... once you beat baal you can watch'em in one go, it takes a comulative time of around 20 to 30 minutes. It trades a bit of the "satanic" vibe to make more versatile gameplay choices.

I hold them both on high standards, but my favorite is d1.

OP I feel sorry for you since you couldn't play it as a kid, it was a wild ride, you missed out but don't hesitate to play those 2 great games.

Only touched d3 when it was demo stage, fancy graphics but I dont feel it like a diablo game, it felt like some sort of isometric wow.

>try The Hell mod for diablo 1
>it's made by russians

christi breeki, how terriblya

>Maybe preordered 3 games in my life time
>Love for D2 has me hyped for D3
>Preorder that shit, play as soon as it's available
>complete dissapointment
>stop playing after a couple of weeks
>don't play any other games on battle.net so leave the client for long period of time
>hear that the D3 expansion made the game so much better, figured I'd give it a try
>re-login to battle.net
>someone got my account somehow and got it banned for hacks
>refuse to re-buy D3.

Not even the hope of a decent D3 with the expansion could get me to give Blizzard more money after how disappointed I was the first time.

>OP I feel sorry for you since you couldn't play it as a kid
Yeah it sucks, I had extremely christian parents so Diablo was the one game I wasn't allowed to play. I could watch the goriest and most graphic shit possible but never anything having to do with the devil. They never even had a problem with me playing the silent hill games just because the devil wasn't actually in it.

Your childhood sucked. Your parents are garbage.

They ruined your life.

>Long summer nights playing Diablo/Diablo II: Lord of Destruction.
>7:30 PM, blink, it's 6 AM.
>Nostalgia for those games (and StarCraft: Brood War) will never leave you.

>Shits absolutely going down, likely lots of screaming
>Pally is chill as fuck, not even running or really anything that would pass a sense of urgency
I always chuckle

Old blizzard (and old Nintendo but we are not talking about that) gave me the best gaming experiences as a kid. Wouldn't have changed anything.
It fills me with disappointment the state of current blizzard, they went from this badass cool dude developers to fucking disney pixar comercial faggets.

ever since Starcraft 2 shat the bed I just can't feel nostalgic about the first game anymore. Sucks, I played that game religiously as a kid.

You're my nigga too.

Wow. I don't often find people I agree with in this shithole cesspool.

D3 with the expac is more like Gauntlet than D1/D2. It's a good console game, but you'll probably be disappointed.

I'll never play StarCraft II, but I still feel it.

What sucks is I had a friend who resented me because he ended up loving StarCraft II.

I kept telling him the game completely fucked with the tone of the original, but he kept having fun.

Such a faggot loser.

Am replaying it and it's still good. Already beated original and now am working on the last protoss mission of bw.
Only thing though is that I either got better at the game since I was a kid or the game magically became easier

2 with the expansion is the best one, I've beat all 3 but 3 kinda sucked and I felt I had to force my way thru

>Diablo 1-2, Starcraft 1, and Warcraft 1-3 completely defined your childhood
>Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, and WoW all come out and turn out to be massive disappointments that forever ruin your memories of the series'

Second one is a superb game and an excellent sequel. The atmosphere and feel of D1 is still there but the mechanics have been polished and the world was expanded.

D3 is a completely different game. No suspense at all just run through and try to kill mobs as fast a possible to maximize your loot production. This was made even worse in the expansion where the emphasis is put on getting to the end game as fast as possible.

But neither of those games really capture the feeling when you're walking in the catacombs scared to open ever door knowing that you could get overrun at any time.

Also, if you played it as a kid, getting wrecked by the Butcher is one of those moments that make you look at video games in a completely different light.
>you mean to tell me he's the first boss in the first quest and I'm not supposed to fight him right away?

I've been wondering about that because the couple of matches of SC1 I played with a couple "kids" who said they were good at SC2 made me think they couldnt rush themselves outta a box.

you got better obviously. It's always interesting to go back and play games you haven't touched since childhood. I just did it recently with system shock 2.

DONT PLAY THE THIRD, DIABLO 2 + EXP IS THE END, DIABLO 3 IS A PROSTITUTE OF A GAME

You will often find decent anons on Cred Forums at nights, specially when you talk about relatively old games, that only we adults of about 25 years or so remember playing it as kids opossed to daytime Cred Forums filled up with kids talking about the new AAA garbage

Is you liked the atmosphere of the first two, get ready to be sad when you play 3.

People say it looks like wow, but what really got to me where the endless in game cutscenes and the villains constantly talking to you like power ranger villains. The wow graphics + that shit + achievements made it feel like I wasn't even playing Diablo anymore.

I know the gameplay has improved since launch, but the actual tone of the series is just gone.

I dunno man, I have an unbelievable hardon for crusader classes, and the Diablo 3 expansion added one so I'm really tempted.

I agree user however I'll give wow credits till tbc tho. Wrath came out around when I was 18 or 19 so it made sense that my childhood died there

>play the third

yeah your right, I mostly meant that WoW turned into shit recently even though it was good when it came out. Even SC2 wasn't that bad when it came out but it got progressively worse with each expansion pack. I still have ptsd from the protoss expansion.

I never minded this poster back then but after visitng Cred Forums all I see is strong black man saving the white wimminz after the white boi failed

>me and a friend wanted to beat childhood game
>setup snes emulater
>mothafucking dkc2
>still get our asses handed every once in a while

After some time playing we realized the masterpiece of a game it is.
We noticed how the game gives you easy obstacles and then they become harder as you progress the level

the knight is black? He always looked slightly tanned to me.

Well a friend of mine bought sc2 with no exps... and whatever political war space drama it was on broodwar was replaced by fucking disney pixar gay bullshit, it doesn't feel "serious" anymore

fuck the haters, diablo 3 w/ expansion is fun as hell

Play a demon hunter, it's easily the most fun class, and requires the most skill at the hardest difficulties.

I really enjoyed Wings of Liberty but I'll never stop being mad at the fact that it went from "kill kerrigan for being an evil bitch" to "Save kerrigan cause muh prophecy says so"
Killing that cunt was all I cared about after SC1

Paladin is black for what I can tell, and b4 Cred Forums goes with the sjw bullshit, I think it looks good, that paladin is a black man, not a nigga. The merc at act 2 is also dark skin and so is the sorceress.
I think that diversity was well done since it was in a time sjw wasn't even a thing.
In d1 the wizzard guy is also black and it looks cool as shit

Fuck yeah. The Sorcerer in D1 was dope as fuck. Also, the Paladin doesn't act like a nigger. He's holy as fuck. He's a pretentious bitch.

Who here played as a Druid in D2: LoD almost exclusively?

I fucking loved that shit. Armageddon was the fucking best. Elemental Druids were fucking incredible.

Continued.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the animal masks. Rams are still my favourite animal due to that shit.

Only game that has ever beaten D2 in the armour design department is Lords of the Fallen.

What's your build?

I just used Marauder set with 5 turrets, 3 wolves + other companions, and the belt of damage companion reduction. 800% extra damage per turrets out that will fire half of your own person skills with + 4000% damage increased pets on top of 64% damage reduction to an already reduced 80%.

Wish I could have gotten the 40% pet attack speed on there. But I would have had to give up one of my ring slots for it.

I couldn't really get into this and other ARPGs because of how crazy they get with the insane attack/cast/move speeds, and how often things seem to devolve into spamming one ability.

Are ARPGs not for me or just some of them

I've drank way too much cough syrup between then and now. All I know is I'd max one side of the Elemental skill tree or the other. I'd also fuck around with other classes. I'd also play the other Druid skill trees from time to time.

D2 was one of those games where it was fun as fuck to just make new characters all the time.

Just play Path of Exile. Its the best game in the genre.

Maybe try Grim Dawn if you like a good singleplayer experience

First Diablo was utter shit. I played it for the first time recently and it's just boring af. The first time I saw a reskinned 'tougher' enemy, I realized there's not gonna be much to this game. The there's that first boss who is basically undefeatable unless you sit and pop him with arrows from behind a grate. Terrible gameplay, tiny world, repeating dungeons, boring gameplay. Shit. Fuck you /vr/ for saying that shit is a game that's 'still good'. That was the last time I went on that board.

>4 shit builds nubs getting wrecked
>High level zeal paladin walking in to wreck shit like a boss

Fucker's probably farming Diablo, meanwhile the other heroes are pissing their pants

>legit thought I was racist when I was younger because the pally was black
>realized I played this nigga every day in day out

Maybe I just hated using zeal.

PLEASE, LISTEN TO ME

>pop him with arrows from behind a grate
Git gud faggot. Your taste is shit and you should leave the internet

diversity has always been fine when it wasn't forced.

Wow. What a faggot retard.

>Video game from 1996 has reskinned enemies.
>"Waaah! Mommy, why are the twenty-five year olds telling me to play old games, and why don't I like them? Seriously! I'm sixteen! I know what makes a game good!"

d3 for me was the realisation that the video game industry is dead and it was time to move on. dcss at work is pretty fun tho

Every recent game I've been hyped about has been a huge fucking disappointment. Like Fallout 4, Witcher 3, XCOM 2, MGSV, etc. Its the unexpected games like Divinity OS, Undertale (yeah I said it), Darkest Dungeon, etc that manages to keep my interest

FRESH MEAT

Xcom2 was nice tho. It suffers from bad optimization but I liked it a lot

>Implying that's not a hammerdin
Come on now, it's d2

I played it on release and had some pretty annoying bugs and only got like 4 hours in. I might restart it I probably will enjoy it now.

>Witcher 3
>XCom 2
>disappointments

Well I guess you don't have to like what I like. Fortunately for both of us, Divinity OS2 is pretty good so far.

>Well I guess you don't have to like what I like. Fortunately for both of us, Divinity OS2 is pretty good so far.

Maybe im just really cynical but I refunded my divinity OS 2 because I just finished the first one in tactician mode and enjoyed the shit out of it and OS2 doesnt have anything but babby mode right now.

No doubt sometime down the road I will buy it again and love it though

Larian's still got to see what players like to do so they can design tactician mode to shit on them. Hopefully it'll come with the release and not EE, since people really liked it.

Yeah I totally understand that, im not saying the game isnt good because im sure its great, I just dont want to ruin the experience by playing it on easy mode when I JUST completed the last game in tact mode literally 2 days ago.

I recently stupidly missed the Titan Quest anniversary deal so i decided to replay D3 on the new season to quench my ARPG thirst

>Play for about 3 hours and got to lvl 45 and rested
>Played for about 6 hours to get to 70 and get Leg. equips in all my slots
>Play today for about 4 hours doing season challenges, got a gear set that spawns elemental meteors with each elemental skill i use
>Found Wand of Woh which lets me explode every second
>Found boots that boosts my meteor damage
>Set gives fucking 3000% increased damage if you keep casting spells

I was on Torment 4 when i got the 6 piece set and was doing 2 BILLION damage on the enemies.

They made the game way fucking easier, took me around 40 hours before to get to Torment 6 reliably.

Makes sense. I'm still playing it now because I want to try stuff out and get used to any differences/find out what I can do.

Boss of Fort Joy is a tricky fight but with the way resistances work it's easier to lock him down, while ol' Braccus gave no fucks.