TimeSplitters thread

TimeSplitters thread.

Previous thread ( ) had a lot of Ariel DaVinci discussion. This time... probably Jo-Beth.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=timesplitters rewind&safe=off&biw=1536&bih=770&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjI7cj5hpjPAhVIlx4KHcsyD_QQ_AUICCgD&dpr=1.25
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GHOST GOGGLES

OP here again. I'm a part of the TS Rewind team. I'll take questions on what the hell we're doing and why we're taking so long (well, to the best of my abilities. I'm not exactly leading the team or anything.)

that looks pretty good, i hope it isn't too dark though.

What is this "Rewind" thing? Is this a real game or somebody's deviantart project?

Scourge Splitter best splitter. Those bitchin' trousers.

One question, what platforms is this Rewind gonna come out on?

Also, there better be every variation of the Soviets from TS2. Will there be a story or is it just MP for now?

So how much time did you spend making maps?

any work on a map creator? I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. Shitload of work already on the plate.

If you ever played as the monkey you are a cheating and cheap piece of shit.

Middle would've been better

not much. i dont like creating maps with lego pieces. if im going to make a map i want to craft that shit to what i want it to be.

im also uncreative.

Yes. I wish he was in TSFP, a lot of characters for 2 really needed to return from previous games.

Basically vaporware. As much heart as it sounds like they group has, I doubt it will ever be finished.

tons, wish i could make friendly ai or play as other characters in the misson mode.

Can anyone post some high quality screenshots of characters? I need references for drawthreads and all that.

Specifically asking for Gretel, mainly FP version.

Nope. The one we got is perfect.

Also, feel free to post additional screenshots of any character you feel like. It'd be for the good of everyone, I guess.

what? That middle one is shit, same with the left.

This. They really nailed it.

I made quite a few. I remember I filled a memory card up and when I got a new one for Christmas 2002, I immediately made a new map that morning because I was jonesing.

My favorite maps were football themed ones. I would put the blue bag in the red base and vice versa. Basically both teams would collide somewhere in the middle in an effort to score.

>tfw no jo-beth nun

I want to lick that rope.

That sounds pretty sweet. Mine would be winding hallways with a big middle arena.

PC, I'd wager. Consoles are not a place for freedom of anything imaginable. You have to pay to put games on them.

Time to split!

PC, they said PS4 is something they want to try.

Anime and the people the people who enjoy it piss me off.

How is TS1's single player? I played TS2 to death back in the days and I played through Future Perfect a few years ago.

And the fuck was that shit about norgate having cancer (in remission)

>comes to Cred Forums

>Babylon
>divine
Nice pic but quite the faux pas.

you remember the 'arcade' challenges in 2? its basically just that. timetrial levels set up for you to run through, get the crystal, and hit the portal. rinse and repeat. its a tech demo at best.

Kill yourself.

@352166394
@352166441
Never sully mo posts with your subhuman replies.

I just came into this thread to say how much I hate Crytek and am baffled by their decisions.

>buy Free Radical and make them work on the MP modes for Crysis games
>respond to people begging for a new TS game by saying it's too niche of a franchise and not financially viable
>put the ex-FR guys on a sequel to a military shooter from 2011 nobody remembers nor wanted a sequel to in the first place
>most people didn't even realize it came out and it was a buggy janky mess
>a buggy janky mess that included part of TS2 as an easter egg for one final kick in the balls to TS fans

Well it was really early into the PS2 era so it makes sense I guess. It's funny how it was so close after the release of Perfect Dark.

fucking tons, i remember my game cube getting freeze at some point after spending alot of time creating maps, i guess was some king of bug.

well free rad split during the dev cycle for perfect dark. they had to get something similar working.

I wish you faggots would stop making these. TS is literally the last series left unspoiled in the industry.

If new kids missed it then too fucking bad, fuck 'em. You shitters are going to cause shitty game "journos" to write faggot articles waxing poetic about TS even though they didn't enjoy it like the rest of us did back in the day. It'll get revived officially, and it'll be butchered. You will get 2 chars, the rest will be DLC on a monthly release schedule, there wont be a level editor, and all of the wacky multiplayer modes will be canned for capture the fag, and TDM. All of the acievements will be generic "thanks for playing the singleplayer" garbage, no more insomniac or brain surgeon. Also kiss the characters goodbye, SJWs won't let TS get away with women wearing SLUT shirts, and stereotypical characters/levels.

Seriously, just let it be and don't hype this. Leave this one series alone so we can have good fucking memories of a time when devs gave a shit and it wasn't entirely about the money.

We've got a game out of it so far, but we need more content and more polish on coding before we're confident enough to start running a private test phase and whatnot.

I can share in-game screenshots, actually. Give me a few to set that up. I had actually talked with the original creator of the level, Lee Ray, and he mentioned he wanted the interiors of Warzone to be really dark, that essentially the flashes coming off of guns would comprise most of the lighting. Sean may have taken it a little too far where it's almost impossible to see in some of the hallways, but we'll see about dialing it back.

Just MP for now, but we're really hoping to get to the story missions. It'll be a lot of work for the environment stuff, though we're hoping to offset that work with some of the existing assets we're putting into our current levels.

Lots. It's how it got me into level design and environment art.

We're still really early on it, and we frankly need a separate coding team to focus solely on that to make it work as well as the rest of the game.

I know, we're taking a long time to do it. We really do want to deliver this game and all, but schedules haven't been kind to everyone on the team, not to mention we could use more people to see this through.

No.

google.com/search?q=timesplitters rewind&safe=off&biw=1536&bih=770&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjI7cj5hpjPAhVIlx4KHcsyD_QQ_AUICCgD&dpr=1.25

I like Crytek. The decisions they made post Crysis have not been the best but no no game company has been making great decisions for the past, what, decade at least? They're no different than anyone else out there.

Latest Crysis entry was three years ago, user.
And between the first Crysis, and the last one have had a fair share of fuck ups

Their CEO is a fucking self centered idiot who flat out didn't pay his employees. I might hate him more than I hate "honest" Randy Pitchford.

Everything after Crysis 3 was a massive flop. Flops so bad it put them on the verge of bankruptcy.

Shit, I forgot to answer the other questions.

PC first. Our first project lead made a mistake by announcing PS4 release WAY before we even had a game running. With that said, we can still negotiate console releases (and we're not going to be partial to any console,) but money may complicate things.

As for the Soviet characters... I don't see why not, though I'm not sure if Alfred and the other character artists are exactly in a rush to complete the set. I think they're trying to bolster as many unique characters as the team can.

Honestly, I see where your reasoning is. But... I can't stop working on this project. I had a coworker tell me why I wasn't working on a videogame... and soon after I heard about this project, and so I decided I should put my (mostly) unused skills to good use.

I know, no one probably gives a shit, but still, that's been a part of my drive for this project.

What Cevat Yerli did to withhold pay to all Crytek employees from 4-6 months just to secure money for a partnership with Amazon and their free to play service was fucking atrocious.

>I know, no one probably gives a shit
at least one person does user. i find this kind of shit really interesting. mostly because im incapable of doing anything technical but i like learning how dev teams work together, their backgrounds, the engine, how levels are put together, designs behind weapons and other levels, etc, etc. i just like learning about the process of a game and where it came from.

i envy you being able to talk to some of the original devs. i would've killed to get a transcript of all the conversations.

That I wasn't aware of and that's not cool. I just know what engines they brought to market and the quality of the games they brought to PC which is no small achievement especially considering how much it revolutionized things.

Fact remains though that it's not Crytek what killed Timesplitters. It was basically just time itself.

Here's the question, would you fug Female Alien?

Well thanks. And I'll still stick to calling myself a hobbyist at this, but still, what got me into building this stuff has been following whatever information I can find on the studios behind games I have played (and also finding a bunch of resources on creating 3D models and textures since high school, though there were no courses at my school that really taught the craft.)

Well... it was more of LucasArts fucking over Free Radical Design when their interim president and board decided they wanted to 'drastically' cut contracted studio costs in 2008. But while I'm sure that Crytek had some good ideas when they bought FRD in Jan. 2009, they decided that their own IPs were better, and yet there still lies the FRD IPs (along with others.)

In a heartbeat

her hips are so small, it would be like ramming a telephone pole into a straw

>he doesn't main the monkey

I have so many fond memories of this series. My brother and I would stay up ALL NIGHT playing custom games or making maps.

>playing as a glass of water
the monkey's speed was ok, but it couldn't take a bullet for shit

Some of the character quotes in TS:FP are actually legitimately funny.
I.e. the delivery on Mr. Fleshcage's line
>Sticks and stones
>They are my bones :D

Is there a single player? Or is this another Goldeneye Source problem?