Just finished CS1, what a fucking ride that last hour was...

Just finished CS1, what a fucking ride that last hour was. Should I move onto the second now or take a break and play some other JRPG and come back to it after?

Trails thread

Other urls found in this thread:

trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/memoirs1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

At the ticket spending event now. Am I almost done user?

gonna spend all of them on Alisa :^)

If you're not burned out on CS, then go for CS2.

You're getting there. You still have the final dungeon and quite a few cutscenes.

>mfw an already OP master quartz levels up

I think Irina is an Anguise. Calling it.

>Liked and heard "I'll Remember You" before the Cold Steels were even announced for NA
>Along with the song and the promos basically spoiled what it means in Cold Steel 2

God dammit Falcom

No, you should spend them on characters you want to increase skill links for. It's a fairly good amount. I'd say it's a good idea to restart just to see everything.

Also they should make this first.

>10 mins into epilogue dungeon
>find a domination quartz in a trap chest

I don't think it's possible to not be strong enough to fucking melt the final boss by the time you get to it. I pretty much one shot the vermilion apocalypse with Laura already as it is.

sharon's voice makes my wee wee feel funny

That's an unconventional way to spell Valimar.

what is this game on

PS3/Vita

You already know what she wants you to do, user.

I grinded for all the mirrors. Found 4 Dominations and 4 Waterfalls. Needless to say New Game+ is going to be cake.

I actually just finished it 2 days ago. Started the prologue yesterday but I told myself to take a break for now, maybe one more day before continuing into CS2.

>using overdrive

Overdrive is really valuable. But I find it's really one of those clutch usages, mostly to buff and shit.

Any tips I should know before starting CS2 in regards to combat?

Have you beaten CS1? Because that's seriously the first thing you should do because CS2 is basically mid game CS1

Of course I did. There's no point playing CS2 if you haven't played CS1.

That's the reason why I played TiTS FC and SC as well.

It's the same stuff basically. Status effects and debuffs were nerfed since everything fucking resists them. Delay is still OP as fuck, but you have to build more towards it now. Arts are extremely useful since they tend to be more damaging than crafts unless its Laura.

Apparently physical attacks miss more often and arts do more damage.

>Status effects and debuffs were nerfed
Damn really? I used them a lot in CS1. Looks like I'll have to it differently now.

>Delay is still OP as fuck, but you have to build more towards it now
This I honestly don't get. How do you build towards it? I thought only crafts did delay?

>Arts are extremely useful since they tend to be more damaging than crafts
I only had 2 characters that did crafts in CS1. Emma and Elliot. Does that mean I have to build Rean and the others to use arts as well now?

>Apparently physical attacks miss more often
Does this only apply to normal attack or to crafts as well?

Rean, Emma, and Laura are gods. If you are willing to spend time Jusis get to hang with them to. If you set it up right you can do at least 300k damage at the start of every fight with just your S craft. The game is really easy once you break it. The last boss only lasted 6 turns on hard for me.

I'm pretty sure it affects crafts too. Doesn't mean they're unusable though

Both crafts and attacks. Getting 100% hit is an absolute must for physical attackers. Early game is a bit rougher because of this issue.

Ah maybe this happened because you didn't have to use Hit quartz in CS1, because I never did use any.

Very early game. Toval can carry you through Act I as a faster Emma.

I use a 100% hit quartz on everyone and never looked back. It sucks that it takes up a slot, but it's worth it since missing sucks since you get hit if you do miss.

Emma going with Criminal MQ again? I saw Toval's accessory. Can I give that to Emma?

I started the prologue and Rean already massacred 2 girls 1 cat with his patented headpat.

He's evil.

Do I need hit quartz if I'm going for the Sharon accessory? IIRC it gave hit chance and critical chance.

>Tfw you played through almost half the game before your Playstation now sub trial ended.

Fuck it even if I really liked what I played so far, no way am I buying a PSNow sub to finish the game.

Buy the game

You're thinking of Claire's. Sharon gives 90% impede and Delay +6

You should have just bought the game. It was only $20.

That's the Clarie accessory. Sharon's is basically delay and impede.

Sharon's turns Rean into a delay god. Toval's makes Emma fast. Claire's is kind of useless in comparison.

Pandora is fine too

Eh figured I would have been able to finish before I had to. Not to mention I don't have a ps3 or a vita.

On that note PC re-releases never?

>No Mirrors for Duvalie, Xeno, and Leonidas

damn

Nah. PC CS will never happen. TiTS FC and SC had a PC release because prior to the western release, it was already released there.

You can give her a weaker one if you flirt with him hard enough. Toval's is equivalent to the one he gives you plus a cast 2/diabolos gem. Even in the epilogue you can't put it on someone else.

I found out that the mirror characters actually have unique interactions with others. The one between Crow and Vita is kind of sad. Now that I think of it, is Ordine still usable?

>Rean, Emma, and Laura are gods.
I mean, this hasn't changed since CS1.

Though what MQ does fit Laura? In CS1 I tried going Orochi with her but I felt underwhelmed with it.

Are the mirrors accessories that take an equip slot, or do you use them like an alternate costume?

Murakumo, Vermillion, or Tauros. In the 2nd playthrough, Murakumo is probably her best since you can get her to 100% crit.

They take up a slot, but it doesn't matter because they invisibly have their own full equipment and quartz set.

Tauros + Domination

Accessory slot.

>can't make Rean, Fie, Xeno, Leo party

rip, maybe Rean would learn how to take it easy if he was surrounded by people who weren't serious and/or autistic all the time.

I keep on asking myself why you guys love Tauros MQ so much on Laura when I didn't like it at all in CS1.

So I searched and I saw that it also now buffs crafts. This MQ is OP as fuck now.

Wait a bit to not be burned out by playing the same thing for too much, but yeah CS2 is enjoyable so don't hesistate too much.

You could put it on Rean and it works just as fine since edge mode gives you a huge buff.

But if that happened, he would lose his headpat autism.

>lose headpats
>gain an actual personality and the ability to relax, have fun, and laugh

I'd be pretty okay with this

But Rean already has fun and relaxes, that's basically what CS1 is all about, with him enjoying happy side activities like Fishing and Biking and spending time doing stuff with his friends. It's just that CS2 is a bit too tense and he can't relax there.

I didn't realize that Xseed actually translated the drama CDs. That's pretty good of them considering how most companies don't even do that.

trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/memoirs1.html
Yeah. It was a nice thing to do also for the reason that in CS2 they refer to things that happened in the drama-cds

I just noticed, is Alisa's bow string behind her head? How does she plan to shoot it?

No. It's in front of her. Illustrators usually remove single string lines like that so that people can see the characters face properly.

Well it does get referred to in-game so it makes sense, but still cool of them .

It's because they had to. It gets referenced a whole lot in-game.

They don't have to. I've seen plenty of material that doesn't get translated despite its importance to the game. This is generous considering drama cds almost never get translated.

Does the second one get referenced?

Chances of CS on PC?

Don't count on it

Its on Ps Now.