FEBURARY 2017

Will this be the single greatest release month in gaming history?

How can other months even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lwI6-jKlsO0?t=1m42s
strawpoll.me/11248812
gematsu.com/2016/09/nioh-launches-worldwide-february-9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Add Nioh

Half of those games will be delayed out of february.

FUCK

I forgot Nioh. My mind kind of erased it after I put in berserk

Also Nioh and Halo wars. Maybe South Park after it's delay

>ok
>shit enix garbage
>cheap fun but whatever
>SJWshit
>UBISHIT

>Weeabo games
>Guerrilla game
>Ubisoft game

Power to the players

>Persona 5
good
>nier
eh, typical paltinum cash-in
>Berserk
FUCKIN NI-
>musou
Lol pass
>Horizon
SJW western open world trash
>For Honor
Ubishit, it will be bad
>Nioh
Beta was braindead because soulsshitters thought the alpha was too hard, ironically

Looks like only one good game, as usual.

You're not actually excited for "For Honor", are you? The same with that Beserk game, isn't it just another shitty musou game where you wade around in 1,000's of mindless enemies?

>For Honor
No
>Horizon Zero Dawn
Man, I want this game to be good. But PS4 Pro running the game at sub 30 fps isn't a good sign.

Watch out guys, user with superior taste coming through

p5, nier and nioh are what people with taste can be excited for.

Updated list.

Besides maybe Berserk all of these games look to be fucking good, You cant be THAT contrarian Cred Forums.

>platinumshit
>post oatmeal cookie TN
>taste

lul

whats sjw about horizon zero dawn?
im not saying it isnt im just ignorant on the matter

>p5
>people with taste

if you think "for honor" looks good you've never played a ubisoft game before

Any Female protagonist is automatically SJW user get with the program

>Berserk
>Nier
>Nioh
That's what i'm getting and Cuck 5 once i'm assured the cuck shit is all lies.

>Any Female protagonist is automatically SJW
ok but honestly is there anything bad about the game so far?

Damn. Too bad Yakuza 0 was already released 2 years ago.

Nice meme, dumblr.

>not liking stylish games

Well we don't know because it's not out yet

NX and Breath of the Wild in March, where have you been?

>Being THIS triggered by Vaginas
>especially fictional video game vaginas

>the cuck shit is all lies
They are. You can cuck your girlfriend, though.

Its GOTYbait in its purest form

>focuses on visuals over gameplay?
check
>strong female lead who dont need no man and also isnt pretty so as not to scare tumblr away?
check
>bow and arrow primary weapon to get the Hunger Games audience
check
>robodinos are thematicallyt relics of the patriarchy from past times
check

Willing to bet journalists praise the character more than they talk about the gameplay

what about the gameplay? im ignorant of it btw

January and February both are gonna be huge. Yakuza 0, Resident Evil VII, P5, Berserk, and Nier for me.

Literally just look it up on YT and decide for yourself

If you like p3 and p4, you will like p5 probably more than both from what we can see, clearly a game that looks better in terms of graphics while adding so much to gameplay. Story and all that wasnt great in p3 and p4 but it was stupid fun so it should be in p5 too.

Original Nier had story and soundtrack that were fun with garbage gameplay, but from what we can see, platinum seems to be doing a decent job on the combat, if its not as repetitive as it looks it should be fun, also better not be too long for its own good.

Nioh i hope its at least fun, didnt play any beta and dont want to try it before its out, i dont wanna be their tester. But it seems they are at least trying.

There you go, my reasons why im excited for those 3. The other 3 are going to be garbage probably, to me anyway, might try berserk, but it should get repetitive and boring fast as any musou. Other two dont appeal to me because it seems they are trying too hard to be "the next big thing" in gaming, at least Horizon, for honor just seems it would get boring fast after i watched some of the beta yesterday. Anyway im hard to please, p5 will probably be the best game out of all.

All those girls are cute
>Yakuza 0, Resident Evil VII, Berserk
do you eat shit?

This is bad actually because it means some of the games won't get the sales they deserve.

>platinumshit
>mousoushit
>ubisoftshit

And the cutest one isn't even there.

the one you should be worried is Yakuza 0
every other game is safe in selling

Only 3 of those 5 are gonna be good though, granted I know your missing some. PS4 is going through a good phase now it almost makes me want to get one.

>the rest of the year has no fucking games
>dumb them all on the market in the same month
>have your sales wrecked
They deserve it honestly.

>Persona 5
Looks fun, fast and stylish as hell. I've heard nothing but good things from other people who arent meemers. 9/10 excitement

>Nier Automata
Taro writing, music still great, platinum on combat. Literally cannot be bad. 11/10 excitement.

>Berserk
Musou, but Omegaforce did well with Hyrule Warriors. If Berserk gets the same amount of love there will be a least a lot of good fanservice to look forward to. With fun albeit mindless combat. 7/10 excitement

>Horizon
Looks pretty good. Nice concept and creature design. Story trailers made the story seem like some generic "Main character is super special more than anyone else with a mysterious role to play integral to the robots" 7/10 excitement.

>Nioh
Combat IS better than dark souls, no question. World and level design likely not on par but the combat alone makes this game worth playing. There are a lot of exciting enviorments trailers have shown an betas provided a good experience. 8/10 excitement

>For Honor
Interesting blend of Dynasty Warriors with a cool looking directional combat system. Only having 3 main play types making me hopeful that they'll be fleshed out and fun.Looks fun every time I see gameplay of it, obviously it's ubisoft so automatic -2 points but still. 8/10 excitement

I love musou games, and I love Berserk. I can understand people not liking musou but in genuinely enjoy them. I'm still a little on the fence with RE after 6 was so awful, admittedly. But what's your issue with Yakuza? That series is fantastic and 0 looks incredible.

I'll laugh pretty hard if P5 sells like shit because of Atlus USA's incompetence. As much as I love Persona, Atlus USA can die, even if I'll be buying their release.

I do hope Nier sells, though.

How did it get to the point where Q1 2017 looks better than this holiday season?

Remove berserk and add South Park Fractured But Whole Game. Otherwise yeah February is gonna fuck my wallet and backlog up something fierce.

Is Cred Forums actually excited about Horizon or are Sonyggers this desperate for something to play? It didn't look that great at all at E3.

Shame For Honor is a buggy pile of crap.

Yakuza is a beat em up that last far too long considering the combat doesn't evolve over the game. you do the same combos over and over and barely get new moves. Heat moves are neat but just mini cutscenes of cool instead of depth

you like it which is fine, but they last far too long when there is so little combat depth

>my birthday month.

someones getting a lot of presents this year

Lara Croft didn't used to be, also Freddi Fish is based

>Beta was braindead because soulsshitters thought the alpha was too hard

You're an idiot.

>add South Park Fractured But Whole Game.

What didn't look great about it?

If it were made by the japanese you faggots would be all over it.
It's basically monster hunter bowtypes with robot animals in an open world RPG.
That's a good concept that looks to be executed well off of gameplay shown.

Yeah fuck those dirty fucking sonyggers for looking forward to a video game am I right?!? Especially this open world trash

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to the store to pre order Breath of the Wild

>persona 5
it's already out you retard

>SJW

That's fair. They are long as hell if you feel compelled to do all the substories, but at least they have a ton of extra activities to help break up any perceived monotony of the combat. But considering I love musou games, it probably doesn't come as a huge surprise that I don't mind repetitive combat if I find it enjoyable to begin with.

Its your standard open world with assassin creed magnet ledges, just done in a unique setting so the average joe is tricked into thinking they havent played it before

P5 is good from what I've seen, and I am looking forward to it.

Im not a drakengard fan so I know I wouldnt be getting as much of the game as I could, but only judging on factors I am familiar with, which is Platinum games of recent, Im not digging the combat from an action game enthusiast standpoint. I've heard nier combat was pretty bad so maybe this is an upgrade and fans will be happy but just as an outsider Im not interested in the slightest.

playing the alpha and beta of nioh, it got much easier over time. I like setting a lot, and the only thing that needed to be fixed was weapon durability, not because its a bad mechanic, but because it didnt flow with the design of the game. For example, if equipping weapons wasnt just tied to menus and rather dynamic, then having durability would be a great idea because it would force the player to think on their feet but since it takes some inspiration from the souls games it doesnt quite work.

That aside, enemies were less aggro and lock0-on changed for the worse. Due to feedback it could be fixed but judging from what I have played, I am more wary of Nioh than when I first tried the alpha.

Looks fun enough to me. What's wrong with it?

no
no
no
no
looks neat

There was nothing particularly remarkable about it; it'll probably look really nice on a Pro. It didn't look awful, but I don't see why it's being treated as some reason to own a PS4.

>More wary of a casualized game than a broken game

The rumor is that Tekken 7 is coming out that month too at the end of it.

No one game is worth owning a whole console over

Almost everything that was slated for Holiday season is now getting pushed into Q1.

Which one is broken?

That's not what I said, but okay.

lots of games have climbing you fool even before assassin creed

So what was the best release month in all of vidya anyway?

The alpha

Horizon = Nier > NiOh > For Honor > P5 > Berserk Cash In

>5/10 musou game with berserk coat of paint
>shitty western multiplayer game that looks like shit
>game made by killzone devs so it will be all graphics and no substance
>another "get platinum to make a SO EPIC ACTION game for us" that doesn't come close to bayonetta in depth
>persona lmao
yeah great month

youtu.be/lwI6-jKlsO0?t=1m42s

Theres a difference between Mirrors's Edge climbing and this shit. Look at that leap, just hold X while moving to do awesome.

See the best part is that everyone should be interested in one of these games without being exposed as a shitposting baiter. So guess what you are

^
That was my comment earlier, but scratch that. Only excited for Tekken 7 now if thats true, i cannot wait for it to come out seriously. I have not been a fan since Tekken 5 because i wanted a serious change in terms of graphics and some gameplay and they did just that...
Anyway i just hope you're right.

>Nioh
>Nier:Automata
>Berserk
>For Honor
>Persona 5
>Horizon: Zero Dawn
>also a week before Feb begins, Resident Evil 7, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, and Yakuza 0 comes out
>most likely the month when the first Final Fantasy XV dlc comes out
>and plus there are still many months left for people to decide to release games and other content in February

of course there is Mirror's Edge is first person you fool buy your logic gta 5 is a assassin creed clone

Only in the west.

Yakuza 0 and Persona 5 would take up almost a whole month each for me. I have no idea where I'm gonna find the time. And Berserk is gonna be another huge timesink for me since I'll want to max out characters and unlock everyone and shit.

Why do you guys even play video games?

nope

To have fun. If im not being challenged, its not fun.

>Cred Forums trying to come up with any excuses to say why theses good looking games (from gameplay shown) arent worth hype
>besides the Musou of course

>Platinum is shit after those cash ins
Can you faggots not tell this is platinum with budget intead of low budget IP milking platinum.
Get a grip Cred Forums.

>Horizon looks SJW/GOTY bait
Please stop with this, it makes you look like raving edgy teens. It's a cool looing open world action game with robot dinos and various weapon types to use to play with him. So far the joy of that game looks like it will come from seeing all the things you can do with the enemy types.

>Persona babbies mad at thier spoilers they dont know the full context of trying to shit on what looks to be a great entry
Nothing to add to this

>For honor
Looks good/fun. All I can ask for.
It's UBISOFT so that's an understandable cause for alarm but just based off of gameplay there's nothing seemingly wrong with it. More interesting and fun looking than any musou.

Nier and Horizon will most likely get delay.

> Female Protagonist

>another "get platinum to make a SO EPIC ACTION game for us" that doesn't come close to bayonetta in depth

Been playing the For Honor closed alpha, and it's almost a diamond in the rough for Ubi. Probably the only good thing that's come out of them in years. But we'll see how the full game changes things.

>Persona 5
This is probably the last on the list I'm most excited to play. I think its going to be a better game than the others, but I've already played P3 and P4, and besides upgrading the dungeons, I'm expecting it to be more of the same, so I don't really care. I'm excited for the OST though. Personally, I'm more excited to see if Atlus will be reusing the new demon models for their more superior series (SMT, DDS, Raidou). Will likely buy when its cheaper.

>Nier Automata
Currently playing the first Nier. Got the first ending, now I'm working my way up to the second ending. Playing it with friends at the moment, so we can only really play whenever all of us are together. I like the setting and music, and I'm excited for Platinum to be working on the gameplay, since that's the one thing Nier didn't do right for the most part (lots of great concepts though). Will buy.

>Berserk
Friends gonna buy it most likely. Never really cared for Berserk.

>Nioh
I've put like 50+ hours into the two demos alone. That's like three times the amount of most $60 games nowadays. I think TN deserves all the money just for that alone. Buying at midnight day one.

>Horizon
Renting. I'm pretty sure its gonna be shit. But who knows?

>For Honor
Renting. Pretty sure all my friends are buying it. I don't like the look of the gameplay.

Will rent RE7 and play with friends. Will buy 2.8 when its cheap, probably right before KH3 comes out. Never cared for Yakuza.

This is February right? Holy shit I'm gonna be burning money.. I'm still upset berserk doesn't have full body dismemberment and just more gore in general. So fucking cheap, why can MGR do it but they can't? I don't get it.

MGR was platinum with a budget as well, it was mediocre but hey, all the casuals loved that they could be CURAZUHY now so I guess thats the target audience now.

Horizon looks really boring and samey, like all open worlds. Plus its nasty 30fps with drops.

Everyone is over the cuck memes and those who have played it agree the game is good, even if they cant understand the language.

For Honor is Ubisoft and we all know those games end up way more than shit than initial reactions. Ill wait for reaction from an open beta or try it out myself instead of this closed """"alpha"""" shilling.

>mfw pc user
>mfw going to miss out on 3 of those games

Screw it, I rather put money toward a new GPU anyway, I don't mind missing out on games PS4 games suck shit anyway

MGR gameplay was great

Fuck off MGR was not mediocre, it was a great game and tons of fun. Especially on the hardest difficulties.

You're only missing out on P5 desu

every single game platinum makes that isn't one of their own franchises or their OC is a complete cash grab that lacks depth, I'll admit that MGR was solid but it still lacked depth and wasn't worth replaying for shit

ok

Horizon and Nioh are both exclusive I believe I don't care anyway PS4 games fkn suck dude

>persona in english

Nier aint comin out in February in the west, no trailers so far have shown off any English dialogue so far.

go to the psn store and buy the jap one then fag

Hey guys what do all these games have in common?

The only thing that mattered in MGR was the gameplay, and by the time you beat it once you were decked out enough to warrant another play through at some point.

Now here come the buttmad PCucks.

>not being Idort master race

Forza Horizon 3 comes out this month as well.

It's easily one of Platinums weakest games, and not even their best game of 2013. But only 101 people in the world know that :^)

There's hardly any depth, parrying makes the game a breeze, and it only ramps up in the Armstrong fight which is a shining light, but really makes you wish the rest of the game was around that level of quality. Characters are pretty forgetable and the music is Sawano-tier bad. At least Anarchy Reigns, a game worse than MGR, has a good soudntrack.

Horizon can fuck off, another openworld SJW piece of shit from Sony
For Honor is looking meh as fuck, good setting though
the rest are must buy
also, add Nioh

I know I'm not even gonna be touching anything else but P5 for a while so I won't be buying all of this in the same month.

A Persona fag hates fun, whoda thunk.

>SJW

This month Chen, not february. Pay attention!

Pure unadulterated 100% Grade A Weeaboo right here folks.

>SJW
Explain this meme friendo.

>SJW

LOOK GUYS HE SAID IT AGAIN!

Embrace the SJW user - unfortunately most of the major studios have some of the purple-haired koolaid dripping from their water coolers. This is the beginning of an SJW game development generation - it will take a loong while before it cycles out. Not joking, probably 2 decades in total before the backlash washes out the filth.

In that time you are going to ignore an ever increasing list of SJW developed games?

Sure, now it's relatively easy to side-step Mass Effect : Rape Culture and whatever else is being shat out in between affirmative consent seminars... but in the next 5 years you will see the bullshit everywhere in major titles.

My suggestion is to get into a new hobby if you really can't overlook it - most physical activities tend to weed out most SJW's - Scuba diving, hiking, mountain climbing, etc.

Is there going to be a beta for For Honor? I'm in the alpha now and it's fun, but only when I can actually get into a game and have it last the whole match. The technical issues are making it hard for me to tell if I get killed because I suck or latency.

this is crazy

Can you romance her? Might have to pre-order

Yup

>Yakuza ZERO coming out on Jan 24th

FUCKING
H Y P E

>hurr sjw cause female

Man you purple are becoming just like the SJW. instead of being made about white males it's females, fucking bunch of children.

>Zelda comes out the very next month

I'm getting completely shat on for being an idort.

Whelp, my February is going to be busy. Honestly won't know which game to play first.

>eyes open when she kisses you

weirdo alert

Are you looking forward to Final Fantasy XV?

strawpoll.me/11248812

Freddi Fish is a lady?!?!

By having good games.

I'm a tester for Horizon. It is pretty fun. The robots are really fun to kill, all their bits have their own health, so you literally peel apart the big ones before taking them down. It's nothing amazingly original, but the game is very satisfying to play. There are these huge sabertooth robots that can kill you in two hits early on, and the best way to fight them is to set up a shock tripwire and lure them into it. When it gets shocked it falls over for a brief second, you can knock off the armor plating over its fuel tank and hit it with a fire arrow to cause a huge explosion and set the machine on fire for the rest of the fight.

There isn't really anything SJW about it except the female protagonist. They might have made the MC a little prettier, but I'm not sure, the mocap for her face isn't quite on point yet, so she makes some funny faces occasionally.

I really like the MC, actually, she's sassy in the beginning but halfway into the story she starts to realise she is this legendary slayer compared to everyone else and gets super cheeky. There's this minor quest where a guy lures her into an ambush with a huge group of people and she says "You clearly know who I am. Why would you think this could end well for you?"

>P5
meh
>Nier
Getting that on PC
>Berserk
getting Nip version on PS4 and then English version on steam
>For Honor
nope
>Nioh
yup
>Horizon
It will be worth the rent

gematsu.com/2016/09/nioh-launches-worldwide-february-9

How does it feel to be retarded?

let me take that back and amend it by calling myself a retard for not being able to read.

Potentially Tekken 7 as well.

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU NOT PUT NI OH IN THIS IMAGE???
HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU MISS THAT GAME??
GOD IT INFURIATES ME WHEN PEOPLE CAN'T EVEN SHILL RIGHT!!!
NI OH WILL BE THE BEST GAME NEXT YEAR YOU FUCKING IDIOT

>can't even look through a thread

it's only a matter of time before Ni-oh makes the jump

>all this butthurt fags literally just saying "ubishit" because Ubi made GOAT pvp melee combat not shitty Souls tier, right after they released the best FPS of all time

lol man have you even looked at for honor videos or played the alpha? I've played the alpha all weekend and I can tell you all 6 available heroes are different playstyles. And I think there's planned to be 9 in the full game. That's nine different playstyles. 3 for each theme. Each hero has radically different special moves and adv/disadv

The OP is bait because Nier and For Honor are multiplats.

there will be 12 heroes
4 for each faction

i remember hooded knight triggering autismos

>weeb shit
>ubi trash
>maybe horizon

yeah feb so goooood

if you take those 2 then there are no good games left ;^)

Even better. Raider is my favorite right now but honestly I think he's a bit op, Will probably get a nerf before the final game. Orochi has a fun playstyle as well with a higher skill ceiling. quite enjoyed the conquorer as well.

Berserk and FFXV too

The for honor alpha is ok. Getting gangraped isnt fun so communication with teammates is obviously required. Playing with mouse sucks

>Feburary

>already out if you aren't stupid
>not out in February for the west
>musou trash hasn't been entertaining since the PS2
>talky mctalkface the MC ruined any possible chance of that game being interesting
>literal trash
Christ, I weep for the gaming industry. At least you guys get Persona then, it's pretty great.

I'm only intereted in Nioh and Horizon.

Horizon is the only sure hit in that list and possible GOTY contender. Nioh and Nier should be good too.

The other weeab and Ubisoft shit need not apply. Inb4 some autist complain about Horizon lady talking too much for the purpose of the demo presentation,

>Inb4 some autist complain about Horizon lady talking too much for the purpose of the demo presentation,

Well if you're going to demonstrate the character I'll be playing as in such a shitty way, then yeah, I'm not going to have a good impression of her. I hate her personality.

Holy fuck! I might have to do overtime to afford all of that shit.

Somebody didn't get into the alpha.

>added clarification for a presentation is bad

Literally nobody is even bothered by this shit besides a bunch of angry, insecure neckbeards on the Internet.

Anyone with half a brain know she's not going to fucking tell you to use two firebombs three hours into the game.

>added clarification for a presentation is bad

When done in a shitty way, then yes. They felt the need to give her these stupid one-liners in these demos because they have no other way of telling us about her personality. I know she wont possibly talk that much when I play the game, but fuck if I'm not allowed to get annoyed by that shit. She's shit until the game comes out and redeems her.

Persona is already out and Berserk is next month though.

>weebshit
>self-loathing weebshit
>omegashit
>sjwshit
>mgtowshit

>guerilla games
>making a good game
>ever

>nioh
Getting it, no question
>p5
I love smt and persona, and it looks fresh and stylish, will get
>nier
Taro and Platinum LITERALLY cannot go wrong, only memers think so, will grab it
>for honor
Will wait a bit, maybe a couple months, since its ubi. Other than that looks great.
>berserk mosou and horizon
Dont care about these.

I agree, fucking amazing month, looking forward for it 10/10

Or, you know, just stop playing Western games. It's not like most of them are any good anyway.