Good game yes/no?

Good game yes/no?

It's solid, has some annoying turnover features from Conviction but it's the best Splinter Cell has been since Chaos Theory.

It's probably the third best in the series.

Its far too easy. Its very simplistic and its A button to do everything

I was just playing this shit and it felt really nice.
Of course its not like the old games but after batman's tacticool stealth segments I think this is the last good stealth game we will ever had

Didn't even get the voice actor for Sam Fisher.

gameplay is good though.

I hear it's only okay.

I guess this can be a plain old Splinter Cell thread maybe.

Went though the first three games recently had a nice time with them.

meh

The bank heist was GOAT

>"Now that I'm holding millions of dollars worth of bonds, I think it time to talk about that raise."

Needs more glare.

it's not really a splinter cell game and i don't believe in that hurr durr it's good for not a splinter cell game bullshit. if it's going call itself splinter cell then it's going to be judged as a splinter cell game.

anyway, i suppose the game is a good operator fantasy. removing interrogations was a mistake

>we will never get a Splinter Cell game as good as Chaos Theory

One of the few games that I play yearly, back when Ubisoft actually made decent tactical shooters

Yes, it is.

What is: Splinter Cell Conviction Co-Op mode for $500?

RIP Kestrel and the other dude, think his name was Alpha

Archer

It's a decent arcadey stealth game. Gives you an environment to sneak through, bonus objectives to complete for more points, and gives you an overall score. If you want something like that, then you might enjoy it.

If you want something like more traditional stealth games, i.e. slow burning and worrying about sneaking through the whole map, then you're going to be out of luck. Blacklist is 100% arcade to the point where I could honestly see the lines where you'd have to put in a token after detection or reaching a new area and getting a FMV inbetween.

It's a spit in the face to anyone wanting a classic Splinter Cell experience, right down to Spies vs Mercs, but if you just something quick and dirty to enjoy, then it's alright. Probably would have been a nice hidden albeit generic gem if they just changed the name.

Just know there is an annoying thing about shadows in that game in that areas that are in darkness are not perceived as "true" shadows. So there is a mechanic in the game where if the lights on Sam's suit are lit up, you are completely hidden.

There are some points in the game you see a corner shrouded in darkness and you think, "Oh cool this looks like a good place to chill and observe" but then you noticed your lights aren't lit meaning you're not actually hidden. What that means is that there are no shadows in that corner, they just painted the walls dark black. So you'll see areas that are totally fucking black but if you go there you wont be registered as hidden.

Sometimes you'll go to an shadow and stay there and your suit lights light up to show that you're hidden. But sometimes if you go back to that same spot your lights will either A) Not light up (Not Hidden) or B) Will light up after X amount of time has passed.

Archer! damn those two were my niggas. that co-op story was all kinds of fucked. I wonder if they'll make that game BC on Xbone.

Its good and has great level design.

Multiplayer was actually fun while it was alive too.

It's an okay-ish casual stealth game, worth a playthrough if you can get it cheap.

But fuck whoever put those forced FPS segments into the game. Fuck him with a rusty rake.

>has great level design.

Various arenas, connected by long "walk and talk" corridors/climbing sections is good?

You act like SC, Pandora Tomorrow, and Chaos theory never had any of these kind of elements.

I was thinking of that yesterday when I finished conviction for a 3rd time.
There are 2 lighting states. you are either in the dark or not. The sound system works like that too. you are either making small sounds or nothing at all.

Actually it's not really like that in case of lighting. It's not binary like in DA.

Said it once when it was released and will say it again: It's decent and much better than Conviction. Level design is okay but there seems to be a predetermined route to ghost level. Speaking of ghost, I thought ghosting means not even knocking the guards out? At least they have a non-lethal options for forced fight encounters.

Story wise, it's okay. I can tolerate the new Sam Fisher. Frankly, I would rather have Briggs to be the face of new Third Echelon and Sam to be the handler, teaching the new guy the ropes. Just retire Sam already, he has a hard life. That's kinda what happened though and hopefully Ubisoft will let Sam be the new handler to Briggs. They better bring banter back as well, I miss them.

Second best in the series.
It sufferd because the gave you a choice between assault, panther and ghost.
This is SC.

All we really need is ghost.
Panther is nice if you like thief or tenchu.

Still better than any MGS game

I liked it more than Conviction. I fucking HATED the instant fail states tho. How they rationalized they shit is beyond me.

Yes
Yes
Yes

>anyway, i suppose the game is a good operator fantasy
We have MGSV for that.

pretty good
ghosting through levels is actually challenging

Pretty bad. My most relevant memory is how they somehow managed to even fuck up the cover system from conviction by making it the same button to jump to the next cover or throw yourself over the top of the current one.

That plus boring as fuck levels and press x to execute 5 enemies at once. It's just conviction minus ironside. I got it for free with my gpu

Yes, not as good as Conviction but still fun.

Passable action game, terrible stealth game with a dumb plot. It's only decent in the context of Conviction, but it could have easily been called something else instead of using the Splinter Cell game.
The last real SC game was the xbox huge version of double agent.

It's shit. Still better than Phantom Pain, though.

It's better than MGS5

Did you actually complete the upload email thing completely. I couldn't find the last one.

Actually pretty fun if you play it on Perfectionist. Although the whole money system is kinda dumb since you can get bank from doing 2 missions.

Yes
Remaster when??

>enemy instantly spots me from the corner of his eye
>shoot with silenced gun
>everyone knows where it came from
>they just rush you
>terrible anti-cheat
game is shit

I actually liked the way the game let's you mix your play style. Every way to play was fun for me. Even assault. I liked the way the guns feel and variety of different gadgets was nice

>I actually liked the way the game let's you mix your play style.
Well, whoop de fucking doo, some idiot likes it. Splinter Cell always let you use violence in extreme situations, but punished you for it. Without the punishment part the formula doesn't really work.
Also Fisher just hugs his victims to death now.

Assault was kinda useless on harder difficulties due to the fact that enemies would 3 hit you. Well, that's my experience from playing Ghost.

You can still play it all sneaky all you want. Blacklist just made gunplay not as shit as in previous games. If you have to call some one an idiot for enjoying something you don't you sound like an idiot yourself

I'm glad you like it. I just didn't want a COD in my SC. Imagine how much better the ghost and panther will be if they didnt have to spend time and money to create assault.

That being said, that terrorist attack in the shopping centre court (watersupply) during christmas time was beyond comfy stealth gameplay. That Song.

Also I liked that they send Sam into Guantanamo bay. That was exciting.

I loved the mass effect like airship system. But most of all I liked the stealth takedown animations. I found myself shushing at the tv as Sam pulled a guard into the shadows and placed his hand and knees on his throat/chest.

>It will all be over soon...shhh...

>Blacklist just made gunplay not as shit as in previous games.
The gunplay was superb in previous games, you need to go try them out instead of shitposting unintentionally.

>Gunplay in SC and before
>Not terrible

Sam can't shoot 2 bullets in succession for shit in those games.

I finished every game except double agent. They all had somewhat tolerable gunplay, but it was not "good". Slow and sluggish. Chaos theory was better then previous games, but blacklist made it much more enjoyable for me.

no

Blacklist kind of made the gunplay too good. Guards are really of no threat to you now.

If i remember corectly the only difference between ghost and assault is in armor stats and ammount of stuff you can carry. I don't thinks they spent much time and money taking it.

First mission of the game is nice. Seeing that base destroyed was cool.

It wasn't you vapid shit, in fact it was sort of revolutionary. It occurred to those wonderful frenchmen that the best position for the reticule in a third person shooter was over the shoulder. It was such a brilliant idea that every game with shooting in third person copied them afterwards. Also the shotgun attachment, the pistol and the rifle all behaved and sounded as expected.
You're grasping for straws.

If you play on the highest difficulty they are very much a threat. If you're spotted it take two-three bullets to take you out.

Well, when it came out it was great. But in 2016 it's not.

It was like that normally in CT. But in CT, the assault rifle did not like full auto fire, so taking out 3 guards at once before they fired back was much more difficult.

It's not bad but it feels more like a Deus Ex game than a Splinter Cell game.

>difference between ghost and assault
The amount of noise you make as well. However, it goes more than that level design will be a lot more different if SC just simply forgoes assault gameplay. Whether will it be good or not, I have no idea.

>Sam Fisher
>Highly trained spy
>Can't shoot 2 bullets in succession because the cross hairs zoom to the side of your screen causing massive spread
>Behaving as expected

No user

It's a fair attempt, but there's a few things that drag it down.

Sam's voice acting is bad and his personality/dark sense of humor is gone.

Shadow doesn't play that big a role anymore and bad guys go down too easily.

It doesn't feel as weighty or as immersive as the originals.

There's forced combat sections.

They tried to cater to the action oriented players as well as the stealth fans. Stupid considering that if an action oriented gamer wants action, they aren't going to play fucking Splinter Cell of all things.

No Lambert.

That's just what full auto is like in real life.

real life isnt the ultimate goal you mong

AI has to be adapted to a playstyle where the player blasts in with grenades, guns blazing making it a kind of gear of wars/COD. The AI needs to be able to challenge the player, but not be that good that they take you out right away.

All the maps need to be big enough with open areas to enable this kind of playstyle.

Assault rifles, grenades, heavy gunplay all has to be optimized etc.

The end of the level scoring system has to be edited.

Just a few examples. I think that including assault did take some more time then if they had kept is purely stealth.

Level design was still favouring ghosting. Only desert levela were stuffed with chest high walls, others were made for stealth aproach.

Yes, but all of that wasn't so hard. Scoring for assault was just symply going all out with rifles and explosions, taking everything out in alert state. Pretty simple, if you ask me.
But then again, i'm not a game developer, so what do I know.

No it isn't have you ever shot a pistol? Sam shoots it like he's a fucking 8 year old with limp wrists.

Not too sure about that. I was ghosting through the level, and it felt like there was this one true 'ghost' path you can take. There were only a few points in the games where you really need to ghost through chokepoints or so and it was pretty exhilarating to nail the timing. Other than that, it's simply just hanging from ledges and going to the next pipe, not that I'm complaining though, I'm shit at ghosting.

>Other than that, it's simply just hanging from ledges and going to the next pipe,

What's next walking on the floor? This is a terrible criticism for the level design. It's not even exclusive to Blacklist as hanging on ledges and climbing on pipes was a very common method of stealth traversal in the previous games. Also, the previous games had some linear af levels.

I prefer swimming in my stealth games actually.

quick name a good stealth game that isn't

splinter cell
thief
MGS
mark of the ninja

Styx: Master of the Shadows.
Dishonoured.
Deus Ex.
Commandos

Good game but not a splinter cell game.

Social stealth counts as well right? Hitman and Death to Spies. We need more games on social stealth.

Gotta try stux and dishonoured sometime.
Deus ex is ok...not great..

>Styx
got it for free and it still wasn't worth it

>Death to Spies
good taste

Stealth games are like oasis in a desert, friend. Even if that is an oasis of piss or shit, I will sadly drink it.

total shite