What the FUCK went wrong with pokemongo?

What the FUCK went wrong with pokemongo?

>flavor of the month game dies in popularity after its month is over
Shocking.

It was a garbage fad game made popular by forced normienigger memes. Naturally people will go back to assblasted avians or whatever the next most tolerable game in their library is after enough time of being exposed to their own shit taste.

Kids going back to school

Young adults going back to college

Weather getting colder

Niantic being retarded

nothing at all
it was a fad
and fads die

>poke mongo

game has no content and nothing to work towards

the only real purpose of the game is to catch more pokemon, but you can't even find pokemon properly seeing as the tracking system has been broken for ages. let's not mention the blatant shilling of their pedometer wristband by making it show your steps only count when the app is active (and hence raping your battery)

nothing?
things come and go

Shitty developer

Niantic dropped the ball pretty hard when it came to supporting the game and fixing bugs. Shit, trading STILL isn't in the game, and I heard that there's data on gen 2 pokemon in it now. I don't know why they though working on this buddy nonsense was a higher priority, or why they're working on adding gen 2 when so much other shit still needs to be fixed.

Normies were suddenly reminded of pokemon, and so they all jumped on it and had fun for a few days before going back to their normal lives

>mfw seeing people argue that it's not just a fad and that it won't die out in two weeks
>not just people but actual journalists too

I called this shit but everyone on Cred Forums argued that it wouldn't happen until they were red in the face.

I missed the "pokemon generation" by like 6 months - My ex hated games, I tried multiple times to get her into gaming - all sorts of angles and types. She just would not take.

She got heavily into Pokemon Go to my surprise. It's hard to explain but that instantly told me the interest would fall off a cliff and that most into it were only into it because others were into it - it was a social "linked in, instagram, tumbler" fad - something they can fill their social banter with.

>google interest
>not appdata

is this millenial shitpost?

Niantic shit the bed hardcore. Somehow they thought their niche as fuck, unpopular game would prepare them for a project of this magnitude.
Months later the game is so plagued with bugs, botters, and spoofers that the only way they can recover is to announce that everything up to this point was actually an open beta, then trashcan everything and relaunch in 3 months with all the features the game should have had (proper anticheat, battling, trading, not retarded literally everything.)

They failed to continue with the momentum they built and add other generations/actual game mechanics. People started hitting progression walls and lost interest.

No gameplay

Maybe its just a literally pokemon-catching simulator instead of full fledge breeding game like tamagotchi? That's why people get bored already? I dunno, i haven't try the game yet so i have no idea if the feature exist or not

I love the "pokemon go is dead" meme

Is that the guy who lied about DMC5 and Red Dead being on Sony's E3?

How is that relevant to anything?

>trusting a liar

You can go to the Play Market and see for yourself that Pokemon Go is still the number 1 grossing app on the Play Market.

Is this you niggers' first mobile game or something?

See

It was a barebones flavor of the month mobileshit game that pandered to nostalgia to sell its premise, did you honestly think the novelty would last more than one or 2 months?

Buddy system was something really needed, so fuck you.

See

>phone couldn't play Pokemon Go
>got caught up in the hype, felt left out
>dropped a few hundred on a new phone

It's nice, but other shit is much more important. Like the trading they promised would be in soon.

Still #1 Top Grossing App, so even if it's popularity declined. People are still putting a shit ton of money into it.

It's Pokemon Gone.

I wanted battles, no battles. So I quit because catching pokemon is stupid.

I haven't seen nor heard of ANYONE playing/discussing Pokémon go in at least a couple weeks, whereas hours prior to the dropoff every single bar had "pokemon go WiFi, come get your Pokémon go discounts" signs out front. So whether this is a lie, inaccurate, or only very technically true, you really only need to be in public for a few hours to see that the pokemon go fad is in fact over.

It's a phone game.

You can go to the android market and see for yourself. I know you're mad, but it's the truth.

Little/no responses from the company, removing features, not adding promised features and lack of new content made things stale very fast.

A lot of apps has artificially inflated numbers similar iOS market especially if that dev is an internal starup or partnered with Google

How much will it spike back up when they introduce trading and second gen pokemon?

So, you can't actually prove that Pokemon go isn't top grossing and you're just being paranoid.

Very little. Only pokemon fans will care about that, and they make up maybe 2-3% of the userbase?

I think they're gonna have to rework spawning in some way when they introduce gen 2 pokemon. If they manage to not fuck it up, I believe it'll get a pretty big boost.

Best thing they can do is literally let players hit a switch to move between gens on the fly.

It makes a lot of money, and it's still the top download. That doesn't mean that the fad isn't over you retard. Angry Birds makes shit tons of money still, yet you don't see anybody talking about it do you? Same applies for Go, people will play it, but it won't be the top thing on everyones minds. In other words it's not the current fad anymore.

1. The app was horrendously built. Long startup times, shitty performance, mediocre UI, unstable GPS tracking, and even when it functions correctly it destroys your battery life by requiring your data, GPS, and screen to be constantly active.
2. The gameplay was almost nonexistant. The actual Pokemon games are a bit more complex than catching Pokemon and seeing their levels increase. There was strategy in move sets, party make up, and stat manipulation. This had almost none of that.
3. Pokemon is literally a meme. It's a brand everyone knows, it's a brand everyone looks back on fondly from their childhood, it's a brand that got everyone excited for this cuhrazy new Pokemon game. But normies don't typically dedicate themselves to grindy unchanging video games and once the Pokemon novelty wore off the whole game became stale.
4. Bad press. People leaving their fucking cars in the street to catch a "rare" Pokemon or loitering around a business or private property after being told to leave (all without the ability to request an area to be excluded from the game or a pokestop to be moved, i.e. no customer support at all). It makes the people who play this game look like spoiled children. And let's not forget the whole racism spin about how dangerous it would be to play the game as a black man.
5. Summer is almost over. It's getting colder and rainier and all the kids are back in school.
6. You can't play this game if you don't live in a densely populated area.

tl;dr it sucks.

This:

>Hey, we just rolled out this social Pokémon game!
>Great! What can we do, the cool stuff?
>Ummm...no, we want you to buy these other expensive, hardware-locked games to do cool stuff, person-to-person...
DROPPED

>no stops added
>spawn rate still ass
>2 months later and all they've done is remove tracking and add in a worse version of IV calculators that appeared in the first week on the internet
>literally removed spawns for dratini
>but now there are hoothoots and sentrets next to the ratattas and pidgeys
yeah, it'll be super popular again

I just wish they'd waited until the game wasn't fresh out of beta(read:still in beta) and the temperature dropped from 40C average before releasing it. Barely got to play because either the game was fucked or it was assblastingly hot out.

Its popular with normies who hasn't played any single pokemon games so its not really that dead. It is dead for someone who played pokemon games before tho, as i have a friend who get bored by Go quickly because its just a catching simulator and not as deep as the core games

Why are all you fat, insecure neckbeards so eager to shit on things?

The game is still making bank. Who gives a shit if it's not THE top thing on normies' mind anymore? Why do you need normies to validate you so much?

FUCKING SIMPLE all those fucking faggots normies who only played it because it was popular stopped playing / searching it

>Niantic dropped the ball pretty hard when it came to supporting the game and fixing bugs.

They have made announcements stating that they plan major updates when the "fad dies".

They wanted another niche game like Ingress, not a super fad game.

>No gyms that give out badges. No elite four and no pokemon league

>No battling pokemon you encounter.

>No battling friends.

>No trading.

>No teaching your pokemon any moves with TMs or HMs

>No fishing for water pokemon with old/good/ultra rod

>too much of a battery drain

>no pokemon breeding

>no clothing options for characters

>cash shop mostly has shit you can get from pokestops, but for stupidly high prices

Niantic was given all of the pokemon models, textures, and animations straight from GameFreak. They had at least a year+ to work on it, and this is what they come up with? If the models were pre-made and animated, and they didn't have to make any environments, why not hire a few freelancers to make character clothing? Why not take the gym battling system, and let the players fight pokemon they encounter? Why not actually try to make it a game?

It's living off pure hype and nostalgia right now, and it won't last. The avalanche of clones will be coming soon, and that will burn everyone out even faster.

Even if they added new features now it wouldn't gain any new users.

>normies turn meme into cancer
>people dont like cancer
>wahh its a dead title

>no battling

I hope the cuck who actually argued against me about that has changed himself by now

if you think Google, Cynogen, Supercell, King, Cheetah mobile, Gameloft or any other major app company are not inflating usage stat whenever they launch a new app they you know jack shit on how to get exposure on the Playstore.