Are you looking forward to Final Fantasy XV?

Are you looking forward to Final Fantasy XV?

strawpoll.me/11248812

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0BjgVETH6S8
strawpoll.me/11248812
ff-fanfiction.livejournal.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=s-fmNLjfoYQ
one-and-zero.com/single-post/2016/07/16/20-page-4Gamer-FFXV-interview
novacrystallis.com/2013/06/nomura-more-female-final-fantasy-xv-characters-to-be-revealed-in-the-future/
web.archive.org/web/20100316112304/http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2008/08/20/famitsu-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-nomura-interview.html
finaland.com/?rub=site&page=news&id=4865
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No.

Definitely not.

Back when it was called VS13, yeah, but now? No.

My mind is telling me no!

Absolutely.

Fuck all of you guys who voted Yes. Fuck all of you so hard.

New JRPG? Yes. New JRPG featuring a male cast? Hell no.

An all male cast was a horrible idea, but again, Gay Nomura, you know.

I would like to hear the fire behind this post.

>Fuck all you guys who voted yes.
So people can't like something you don't?

It pisses me off to see this game which isn't FFVS13 be successful. It also pisses me off to see this JRPG with no playable Waifu for me in it be successful.

How dare you? How can you guys fucking do this to me?

lol

You can 'lol' at me all you want, at least I'm being horribly sincere with you.

Oh what, you were serious?

That's kinda sad.

You know I don't have issue with people hating a game, cause it doesn't effect me or my enjoyment of said game but this shit right here.

This is pretty fucking pathetic user, even I'm a waifu fag and the main party being all male changes practically nothing.

No it looks shit.

Yes.

Samefag.

Muh dick. I can't decide who i like more, cute Luna or sexy Gentiana. :(

Nope, I'm not really hype for it that much but as FFfags, I'll buy it anyway.

Fuck no, looks boring as shit and i have other JRPGs to play

Why the hell is it multiplat? I would've bought if it were ps exclusive.

Yes.

Not necessarily out hype though. I'm not coming in going "oh my got, best game in the world ever HYPEHYPEHYPE". I've been following this game since I was in middle school, but my excitement has dwindled down from "chance to be one of the greats" to "maybe it won't be complete shit" since the director change.

At this point, I just want to see what it's like so I can close this chapter in my life.

>14 unique posters
>90 votes

xv-kun going all out today again.

They're trying too hard to make this the next FF7. I hope it bombs

It won't bomb, but it will be disappointing

How real is "waifu" phenomenon actually? I can't tell what are just memes and what's real at this point. I'd be tempted to think it's all just for kicks but then I think about how consistently and how many more replies a post/thread gets when they're involved.

The chapter closed for me when I accepted it wasn't Versus and anything that resembles it will just be a shallow shadow in XV.

I'll probably check it out on YT to laugh at how bad it is and maybe then I can finally close the book and move on.

I'll have a little piece of my heart that will always wish for that spark that Versus gave to one day be realized, but I'm not holding my breath.

Just another failed dream to tuck away under my pillow.

Oh, but it was such a sweet dream...

New?

I thought it was a joke that carried over from Japan, but after being on Cred Forums for awhile and everywhere else, it's scary how real it is. People are so degenerate. Cred Forums has taught me this if nothing else.

FF7 in terms of sales, sure. but everything about it screams forgettable. FF7 atleast had charm.

I hope it bombs too, but it will probably sell decently at least.

a lot people just use the term to describe girls they like from a series/game. Although you do get the turboautists who take their laptops/tablets/dakis on valentines dates with the more traditional definition

>yes at 72%
Cred Forums btfo

I doubt it. No Japanese games are really selling decently these days. If I'm not mistaken BB has been the best selling not-nintendo nip game in like 5 years and it wasn't even that popular.

>this thread and poll
>Nomuracucks on suicide watch
>Stellafags on suicide watch

Can't bully the Tabby.

Speak English you fucking weaboo

welp. we know which game is going to be the blunder of the year.

buyers remorse inboudn.

Offer some insight or fuck off nigger

Why exactly will it be a blunder

Yeah it'll be a great stopgap between now and Kingdom Hearts III.

Hello my newfriend.

The last trailer showed that noctis doesn't just look like an edgy whiny faggot, but also behaves accordingly. That really made me lose all expectations I still had.

Does anyone have a link to the latest ATR?

its nothing. the only new gameplay they show is noctis walking in a behemoth jacket and jeans i think

That poll was posted in a previous thread retard.

This is autism.

>being pissed that you're dad is dead and kingsdom was destroyed makes you edgy

what the fuck, how can you fail that much at marketing

i really can't tell if you people are shitposting or serious anymore

Well that's been the case since the beginning, they clearly show it in Brotherhood.
He's a spoiled brat. I think him growing into a man is part of what the game is about.

daily reminder

=Exploration=
VersusXIII: huge seamless fully-explorable open-world-like world map with free jump
XV: exactly the same

=Combat=
VersusXIII: seamless fast-paced over-the-top Kingdom-Hearts-like action
XV: exactly the same, except you can only control Noctis

=Style/Atmosphere=
VersusXIII: fantasy based on reality; realistic fantasy with some gothic feel and a very slight yakuza-theme
XV: exactly the same, except for the yakyza-theme

=Basic Setting=
VersusXIII: magical Kingdom of Lucis has the last crystal in the world, and is at war with technological Empire of Niflheim who wants to steal it

=Basic Plot=
VersusXIII: Niflheim launch a surprise attack on Lucis and steals its crystal; Noctis & friends have to travel by car to get it back
XV: exactly the same, except now Noctis & friends are already away and learn about the attack after it happened

=Main Characters=
VersusXIII: edgy Noctis, smart Ignis, strong Gladiolus, funny Prompto. They all wear black and look like a boyband

=Villains=
VersusXIII: an old emperor; a very suspicious red-haired middle-aged fedora man; a mysterious white-caped man; a hot dragoon woman
XV: exactly the same, except the white-caped man maybe is no more white-caped

=Other Characters=
VersusXIII: Regis, Stella
XV: Regis looks older, but it's still in; Stella has been replaced by Lunafreya who is very similar in a lot of aspects (both are pretty girls with blonde hair; both wear mostly white; both can summon weapons; both are engaged with Noctis; both are from Tenebrae; both are Nox Fleuret...)

=Music=
VersusXIII: by Yoko Shimomura; sample tracks are Somnus and Omnis Lacrima

Bottom line: VersusXIII and XV are basically one and the same. You can like one slightly more or less than the other, but is not mathematically possible to hate one and love the other.
Those who shil VersusXIII and shit on XV never liked VersusXIII in the first pl

I'm fucking mad they ruined Stella's brother.

In versus he was the main rival, smiling caped badass, defeated Noctis and obtained the crystal during the invasion.

Now he's a little fag that can only cry about his mother and gets fucked by a ring like a retard.

The stella change where she was an antagonist but now an ally hurts too.

They took out really cool parts of the story to make Kingsglaive, that nobody asked for,

Tabata should really kill himself.

To think that if FFXV was never pushed back, it would be releasing in less than two weeks.

I plan on getting this game on launch day but for real that last Brotherhood ep sucked ass. Also what the fuck happened to that dinner scene from the 2013 trailer? I thought I saw a still in in Brotherhood style that looked from it.

The plot of Versus XIII was the War of the Magi.
XV seems over-simplified.

No...

I stopped caring about Final Fantasy roughly 17-20 years ago, which is the timeframe where most people liked it and then stopped caring after.

Are you enjoying your Call of Duty and Pro Evolution Soccer?

Also it seems Versus XIII was based on Norse mythology and Ragnarok, but in XV they fucked it up.
Ravus should have been the one to kill Regis.

I'm aware there are some people who take it disturbingly seriously but based on the sheer amount of "waifuposting" it can't possibly be all of them. seems to be a more realistic assessment, and I suppose it's impossible for me to truly understand it because I'm a literal faggot, but even when I try to "simulate" it in my mind with a "husbando" it still seems weird to me.

Suddenly recalled how shitty Ep. Duscae was gameplay-wise (them giant hit-stops), but how better it looked graphics-wise
youtube.com/watch?v=0BjgVETH6S8

Hopefully PS4 PRO will save it and return that lighting and fidelity.

>strawpoll.me/11248812
I wonder how will the cover look if Tetsuya did it.

It will look something like this.

Yea, the hooded man was one of the most talked about/theorized figures from the trailers

He had a clear sense of power about him, but also a bit of humbleness in his body language as well. Could also be because people thought he was blind and he came off as a almost priest-like character and used magic.

Now, he's just some fag who cries about his mom.

Versus was supposed to be a grand "epic" with many more characters.

Even the main characters appeared to have their own reasons/focus for doing things. The fact that the main focus was on human relationships and the pain of bonds suggests this as well.

It's just a simple coming of age hero story now. and the main focus is on the main character/his destinee and everything else simply revolves around him and the fanfic-tier big bad villain/s.

Cred Forums is where you're more likely to find the "casual" waifuposters, but you really don't have to look hard to find real autists on here or Cred Forums.

>He had a clear sense of power about him, but also a bit of humbleness in his body language as well. Could also be because people thought he was blind and he came off as a almost priest-like character and used magic.
Cool story bro, why don't you post it here?
ff-fanfiction.livejournal.com/
I'm sure they'll like it

Well he's right, if you understand the symbolism bethind Versus XIII it makes sense for *him* to be the villain.
They fucked it up with this Glauca character.

Posting speculation/theories is now fanfiction? I guess all you XV-fags who dream about XV being super deep in every thread should just go write fanfics too.

bump

I think people are just tired of the teenager angst trope that XV is clearly recycling with Noctis. It's coming of age yes, we get it. Doesn't mean we have to like it.

The best thing about Nomura's Noct was that he wasn't supposed to be some edgy teenager despite the way he looked. His main flaw appeared to be his brashness. Which Nomura stated was only to protect those loyal to him. Otherwise, it was him being too blunt with strangers and realistic even if his friends didn't like hearing it.

but he wasn't sheltered and was aware how fucked up things were in the world. Even though he acted spoiled as a child, he quickly grew out of that with some good parenting from his dad, whom he was always stated as being close too. As an adult, he seemed more like a realistic moralfag who didn't even want people calling him "prince". He was well-spoken even if he didn't like crowds. He didn't sit in the corner like Squall, he attended the party and sought to recharge alone by heading to an empty floor afterwards. He seemed like a slight introvert, as Nomura also said he wasn't super talkative to strangers on his own. He joked and smiled freely with friends though.

He was totally uncool. But only on the inside. He did a good job of hiding it and playing it cool. He probably didn't even admit to himself that he was uncool. His friends were able to see through it ofcourse, but that's what friends are for.

My point is, his character and journey in Versus was clearly very different. I'm sure he'd have growth during the journey, but coming of age wasn't the idea they were going for as he already knew the things Tabata's Noct is only just now learning in XV.

There was nothing to suggest Noctis would even become King or that the subject was any sort of main focus in Versus either.

The main focus was on human relationships and ugly realities of the world. This implies the main conflicts would center around this instead of some big bad or ancient evil.

The combat looks like complete shit, how can people not see that? I like action RPGs, so don't give me the usual "you just want it to be turn based" rebuttal. That's not it, it's that the action in this game is clumsy and clunky, poor camera , poor visual feedback, no animation cancelling, etc

They probably thought that was too edgy and not compatible with the mass appeal they needed this game to have, since it needs to sell 10 million.

They didn't want to make it a brawler or a Devil May Cry, so I don't think it's fair to judge this game's mechanics by the codes of that genre.
Your strength is based on your stats and gear, and the action is just there to make the game feel more interactive and "cool".

In any case, there is some level of animation cancelling when switching weapons or warping, which can probably be exploited to beat enemies way above your level.

Yea, Versus seemed like a was going to be for a much more mature crowd and since it actually had a specific artistic identity about itself, they might have been afraid it wouldn't appeal to masses.

Now, they are trying to appeal to everyone and simplifying everything so hard it hurts. Not to mention all the marketing.

It's sad that Versus looked like it was shaping up to be the most original FF with actual ambition as a game with love put into making he characters and not being afraid to make unlikable chars and XV is just ambition for sales and making everything is as generic/likeable as possible for EVERYONE.

autism

Eeeeehhh after playing the demo I think I'll pass on this one. I was excited to play a non turn based FF, but as soon as I started the first battle I pretty much confirmed that I don't want anything to do with this game. Why are the FF games so determined to have shitty gameplay?

I'm curious what you actually thought Noctis' arc was supposed to be because you make a big fuss about how he wasn't supposed to be this edgy loner like Squall but then you don't actually say what he WAS supposed to be. I personally hated Squall but that was because he seemed one-dimensional. The way I see it, Noctis is basically Squall-lite; his character is more complex and nuanced than Squall's but his intended character arc(learning that it's okay not to be "cool" all the time) seems to match. If the story wasn't about Noct's coming of age, why does it invoke so many tropes associated with it? The overbearing, overprotective father who dies. The roadtrip with bros. The simple, character-driven plot. It all fits.

why are fanfic kiddies posting on/v/?

There is literally no difference between Noctis then and now. Holy fucking shit.

Stop responding to yourself.

Thats just Nomura-kun. He's severely autistic and doesn't know what he's talking about.

Yes

You realize that XV and Versus are completely different stories right? We don't even know if Regis died in Versus and there was nothing to suggest he was over-protective of Noctis. Roadtrip was a thing that happened, not something they planned. It wasn't some feel-good thing like it's presented now.

and Nomura is the one who specifically stated he wouldn't be at all like Squall.

>thinking Tabata's Noct is complex

stop.

Unfortunately I think big original games are not going to exist anymore.
Either you have the niche PS Vita title or you have the PS4 title that needs to cater to everyone, with some nice stuff in there for the hardcore players if you're lucky.

The fact Versus XIII stayed in development hell for so long didn't help, they can't take the risk of it not selling.
Everyone in Square must be shitting themselves right now actually, if it doesn't sell enough it might actually be the last one.

>Unfortunately I think big original games are not going to exist anymore

That seems to be the case, and yea it sucks. Agree with everything else you said too.

Versus just had the most unfortunate development. The main reason for it is due to Square's incompetence. It's sad that what looked like what was going to be a great game got canceled due to their mistakes.

Them announcing VII:R was confirmation to me that they are desperate. It's their backup if XV doesn't sell. That and the crazy huge marketing for XV. I've never seen anything like it and I don't mean that as a compliment.

I don't think we'll ever get another good FF at this point. All the people who cared have either left or are replaced with more business-minded people.

>completely different stories
You've yet to establish this and by your own admission it's probably impossible because we knew so little about Versus

>don't even know if Regis died
The invasion of Insomnia was in the original game. If he didn't die then he was taken hostage or something which honestly is even more muddled thematically.

>nothing to suggest he was overprotective
One of the Versus trailers mentions an "act of love by the last king" and how Regis didn't want Noct to succeed the throne. It's likely this was a reference to the XV plot point about Lucian kings acting as living batteries for the barrier and Regis' desire to protect Noct regardless of the potential cost to the kingdom

>not something they planned
This has no bearing on anything. Roadtrips are frequently used as plot devices in coming-of-age stories, regardless of what precipitates them.

>some feel-good thing
Admittedly it's a bit dummied-down but you're deluded if you don't see all the hints about Noct needing to man the fuck up which isn't "feel good" at all, just the opposite.

>Nomura stated he wouldn't be like Squall
I'm aware of that, but sharing a character arc isn't the same thing as sharing a personality or mannerisms. He obviously said that to prevent people from overreacting to his edgy appearance. Incidentally you still haven't established what you think Noct was supposed to be other than "not Squall."

>thinking Tabata's Noct is complex
More complex than a one-dimensional mary sue, sure, but that's not saying much. He may turn out to be a shit character for all I know but you've done nothing to prove that that's Tabata's fault specifically.

Versus XIII was supposed to be a trilogy.
They can't plan that far ahead.

i just have to ask when you say first battle, do you mean first battle of platinum demo or duscae? Cause platinum demo does something majorly retarded by not giving you the actual battle system where you can do combos and special moves until the very last fight of the demo

Not them but I use waifu as a code for fictional girl I would date/fuck

Tabata himself stated it's a completely different story. He stated he couldn't have the same vision as Nomura and only tried to keep a few things we had already been shown and only if he could fit them in his new "vision".

Regis cared about his son, but his wanting to be the last King might not have had much to do with Noctis as crystal cancer wasn't even a thing in Versus. He was speaking to an unknown when he said that and Nomura didn't reveal who it was because spoilers. The main reason he even addressed it was because people thought he was referring/speaking to Noct and he wanted to confirm that wasn't the case.

and Nomura actually stated that he wanted to have a "road movie" feel, but said nothing about coming of age. "Road movie" is used in epic journeys like Odyssey and seeing as Nomura already said it was supposed to be an "epic" it's clear how he meant to use it in his story. I'm not saying Noct wouldn't change or grow in the story, but not the simple way Tabata is having Noct grow in XV as there was a bigger overall narrative focusing on ugly realities of the world and human relationships of the bigger cast than just revolving around Noct and his destinee to become a King/man.

Nomura also specifcally said the villain wouldn't be some ancient evil out to become a god or anything like that.

Again, XV and Versus are completely differfent. Similar in only the most shallow ways possible.

>look like an edgy whiny faggot
He doesn't
>but also behaves accordingly
How?

Nomura only ever talked about making a possible sequel. The other mentions were him just wishing to do more things with the world. I agree Square probably thought it was too much of a gamble though. Nomura even said it was the "biggest monstrosity I've ever worked on".

Haters BTFO

Acting like your speculation and headcanon is fact is bullshit and on the same level as fanfiction

Are we going to have this thread erryday?

ERRYDAY 'TIL YOU LIKE IT

Every day until release.

>crystal cancer wasn't even a thing in Versus
How can you possibly know that? Even if it weren't, what was the point of that scene, then? You acknowledge that there was no clear indication of what exactly Versus was supposed to be which is better than some Versus apologists, but it reduces your whole argument to "literally ANYTHING would've been better than XV" which I think is unfair.

If what you're suggesting is true, then the storyline of Versus would've been a loosely-connected series of "episodes" with little in the way of an overarching plot, which is frankly unacceptable for a mainline FF. Interestingly enough I'm actually somewhat inclined to believe you based on early reports that Versus wasn't a traditional FF and the only reason they were able to do it was because of its status as a spinoff.

If that sounded like something really appealing to you, then I guess I'm sorry. But given the state of things with Square right now, it was either this or scrap Versus altogether. Scrapping it might've had greater "artistic integrity" but would've incited a shitstorm I don't blame Square for trying to avoid.

We Need for Speed XV now: youtube.com/watch?v=s-fmNLjfoYQ

Literally decal customization

Did anyone compile the skill tree they showed in the video, to explore it in written form?

In Versus the Knights of the Round were fal'Cie and the king was probably a l'Cie.

The font makes the "G" look like a "b".

also a 6

That too.

>hood guy is apparently OP enough to be tasked with taking the crystal and faces off against Noct
>obviously completes his task as the crystal is taken out of the city

Yea, it's totally fanfiction to speculate he was a powerful or key character in the Invasion.

>no clear indication

Don't put words in my mouth. I've stated the themes clearly several times now. Just because we don't know every single detail doesn't mean there was no clear indication.

>Versus apologists

Pls stop with your made-up buzzwords. The only apologists in these threads are XV fags.

>literally anything would've been better

As bad as XV looks, that may be true, but Versus wasn't just anything. The faster you stop trying to twist words in an attempt to downplay it, the better.

>loosely-connected series of "episodes"

When did I suggest this? I'm sorry you think focus on more than the main character is somehow a bad or even rare thing. Read a book sometime.

>scrap Versus altogether

They pretty much did anyway, they could've atleast been upfront about it. If the type of company that lies to it's fanbase like this to cover their own incompetence is something you want to defend when the game they're putting out doesn't even look like they put effort into it, then I guess I'm sorry.

hahahahaha!! suck my diiiiiiick!!

Jesus is this even the same person? You sounded reasonable a second ago.

>Read a book sometime.
I'd suggest the same to you. The Odyssey which you(if it really is you) cited is famous for having a completely different narrative structure from modern storytelling, with much less concern for a focused, linear narrative and in fact specifically constructed so that individual recitations could be morphed to accommodate whatever the social context called for.

>doesn't even look like they put effort into it
Yeah okay, well I guess I won't put any more effort into this conversation either.

>It's unacceptable for a mainline FF to be original

This is XV's fanbase.

>little in the way of an over-arching plot

I'm sorry you think fanfic-tier big bad ancient evil bosses out to take over the world is the only way to make an over-arching plot, you toddler. The ugly realities of the world and political allegiances were obviously a big deal and the whole reason for the fucking Invasion and what it centered around but yea let's just ignore all that so you can shitpost.

>I don't blame Square for being dishonest shills!

kek

So, I'm not reasonable because I don't care to beat around the bush when replying to your obviously condescending post?

I cited the Odyssey as an example of "road movie", I never said anything else in your post. and neither did Nomura.

>I guess I won't put any more effort into this conversation

As if you did in the first place? you were clearly uninformed from the beginning and when you couldn't argue anymore, you resorted to insulting what you're failed to argue against.

Yes. Shaping up to be one of the best FFs.

In all Versus trailers it was quite clear hood guy was set up to be the antagonist.
The Fenrir depiction on his arm, the rivalry they were setting up etc.

It's just something they changed in XV. Well they did try to keep some of that in Kingsglaive, but he just takes the ring, is rejected, and no one gives a fuck about him.

>You realize that XV and Versus are completely different stories right?
No, they are only a few differences actually with it largely being the same.

>Roadtrip was a thing that happened, not something they planned
And the actual roadtrip you go on in XV wasn't planned either, they were at first planning on going just to Altissia but then Insomnia gets invaded and they decide to go on the actual roadtrip around the world to crush Niflheim.

> It wasn't some feel-good thing like it's presented now.
You are so full of shit. Nomura literally said it would be about a group of guys who are friends and get caught up in events, that's what it still is.

>We don't even know if Regis died in Versus
Everything pointed to him dying, Insomnia was destroyed, the crystal was stolen. Those are things we knew since Versus.

>there was nothing to suggest he was over-protective of Noctis.
Other than Noctis having lived his entire life in Insomnia which is an isolated kingdom, with Noctis's closest friends being his bodyguard, his strategist/attendant and a single friend he made in his school days, just as it is now.

He was clearly a key character in the Invasion and was supposed to have some sort of rivalry with Noct however short-lived or maybe he would've been the actual main rival if Stella ever switched sides or died who knows?

In KG he's a joke and not even his equally as retarded sister is that concerned with him.

Here's your (You) XV-kun. I'm not replying to your delusions though, so you can go bait some other poor soul in every other thread you shitpost in.

>Platinum Demo is in no way useful to have an actual grasp of how the bs works, because it doesn't gives you enough time nor explanation nor challenge to get used to it.
I found it shitty too at first, but after several encounters with the last enemy and trying out different things, it gradually became more and more appealing.

>In all Versus trailers it was quite clear hood guy was set up to be the antagonist.
So just like he still is today.

>It's just something they changed in XV.
Other than him taking off his hood no.

>and no one gives a fuck about him.
You know his role in KG was reduced to just show how he lost his arm right? In the 2013 trailer he has the purple mech arm too meaning he already lost his arm, the 2013 trailer also mentioned the Lucii, Nomura also mentioned a ring back in 2010 that Noctis would wear later on in the story. The ring of Lucii was always a thing, Ravus losing his arm from it was always a thing.

Ravus is literally setup as a counterpart antag to Noctis in every way.

Noctis Prince of Lucis (Light)
Ravus Prince of Tenebrae (Darkness)

Noctis wears black and has dark hair
Ravus wears white and has light hair

Noctis uses Magic and summonsed Swords
Ravus uses his Mech arm and physical Rapier

Noctis fiance to Luna
Ravus brother to Luna

Noctis quest involves him getting the ring of Lucii and claiming his birthright
Ravus's plans were to claim the ring of Lucii for himself for his own birthright

Even where they are from Tenebrae and Insojmnia itself are poised as opposites, with Insomnia being a modern urbanized city with skyscrappers, neon lights, cars and a city that stands out at night, while Tenebrae is a medieval fantasy kingdom overgrown in nature with floating castles.

> but he just takes the ring, is rejected, and no one gives a fuck about him.
No one besides Glauca, Regis, Nyx and Luna were even in the room when he put on the ring, and Luna has already distanced herself from him for years, and Glauca tried to attack Ravus when he put on the ring too. The fact that he even got a Magitek arm shows that Niflheim recovered him and gave him his mech arm.

You think Ravus doesn't know about the plague of the stars even though it's Luna's job to prevent it?

(sorry, accidentally greentexted)

Platinum Demo is in no way useful to have an actual grasp of how the bs works, because it doesn't gives you enough time nor explanation nor challenge to get used to it.
I found it shitty too at first, but after several encounters with the last enemy and trying out different things, it gradually became more and more appealing.

His arm that they showed in the new vids doesn't look nearly as cool either.

Not like anything you've said has been accurate, all you do is spout misinfo and bullshit.

It's the same exact arm design itself, just without the beast symbol.

I'm starting to believe the theories she's Noctis's mother

Tabata made a very reasonable explanation, that having females in the mix, you wouldn't get a natural feeling for the characters. How often, even subconsciously, does a person's demeanor change when a member of the opposite gender is introduced? Secondly, this isn't even the first game that includes all playable characters as a single gender. X-2 had this game beat by OVER a decade. If you're going to shit on the game and go SJW it should be for other reasons.

His mother died in Brotherhood.
This is Leviathan.

His mother died when he was a baby, the lady in brotherhood was just one of the female crownsguard members that was nannying him.

That wasn't his mother in the car with him

The game looks like ass all-around, but Tabata's dumb reasoning that "durr it's because guys can't have meaningfull relationships with girls without wanting to fuck them" was going to trigger SJW's and you're dumb af for thinking otherwise.

I seriously don't know anymore

That's because they fucked it up.
In Norse mythology, Fenrir kills Odin and brings Ragnarok, and is later killed by Odin's son.

Back when it was based on norse mythology, it made sense for the party to be 4 men.

>durr it's because guys can't have meaningfull relationships with girls without wanting to fuck them
That's not what he said

He literally says the scene where Ignis and Noct have a nice star-gazing scene couldn't happen with a female because he would try to impress her and not be real with her.

You can twist it all you want, he's basically saying guys aren't their real selves with girls and the only thing on their minds is "i must impress her" even during what's supposed to be a bonding scene.

Nomura said the same thing in 2008 you retard.

Okay? Does that make it any less retarded somehow?

Would you shut the fuck up about norse shit already? I know you are just saying that because you watched FF Peasants video and don't realize he's talking about XV not Versus. There was never any connection between Ravus and Fenrir back in the Versus days, the only time we saw him in Versus he worse a full white robe.

It looks much fucking better than this shit.

>WAAAAH FUCK TABATA HE CHANGED THEM
>Nomura said the same thing
>BACK THE FUCK OFF!?!?

wtf are you talking about? holy autism.

source on that statement?

I only remember him saying that guys act differently around girls which is true

>couldn't happen with a female

No he said it would play out differently with a female present, which is fucking true.

Please cite your source because I just tried to Google what you were talking about and nowhere was the Ignis/Noctis comment ever mentioned. The closest thing l I've read he has even stated was it will be nice to see how boys act without girls around, not being so prim and proper. That's still light years away from your claims.

Yet he had Fenrir on his shoulder and doesn't anymore.

Also the Peasant is crazy but that part is true.

>over 250 votes
>137 replies

4Gamer:
I get it. In EPISODE DUSCAE Ver2.0, there was a scene where Noctis and Ignis were reflecting back on the past as they look up at the stars. I thought, “That's so nice.” But, surely only that kind of atmosphere could be brought out with male bonding. If there was a boy and a girl, it might become romantic. It might feel like they aren't actually speaking from their heart.

Tabata:
That's right. If it was a girl and a boy, the guy would try to act cool. The, “I gatta be show off,” switch would flip.

one-and-zero.com/single-post/2016/07/16/20-page-4Gamer-FFXV-interview

xv-kun has been busy

>Yet he had Fenrir on his shoulder and doesn't anymore.
And that literally means nothing, Ravus still wanted to kill Regis, he still wanted to claim the Lucii power for his own. Also his family dogs Umbra looks almost exactly like Fenrir from FF6.

> but that part is true.
No it's just a complete speculation, just like his "Yojimbo" is the thing we saw in Kingsglaive trailer when it was actually one of the KOTR which even has the same helmet design as one of the FF7 KOTR.

What the fuck type of title is that anyway

That poll was posted in a previous thread.

poll was created like 9 hours ago, dude

And how isn't what he said true?

Two guys looking up at the stars at night, just being bros because one knows the other never saw a shooting star before. But a guy and a girl looking up at the stars at night, the mood and societal circumstances change and there is romantic tones to it.

Just so you know Ferrari created Umbra and he left in 2013 before Luna even existed. Going by the artwork, Umbra was most likely orginally Caelum's family dog.

I'm not going to argue with you about the subject, all I'm saying is you're dumb to think SJW's aren't going to get triggered over that.

Umbra is a messenger between Noctis and Luna. And Luna existed since 2012, it was confirmed that they changed Stella to Luna when they decided XV would be a single game which they said was the first thing they decided when Versus became XV in 2012. The 2013 trailer already proves that because we see young Noctis and Luna as kids, only Noctis and Luna were childhood friends and it's even the same designs and outfits as they currently both have in their childhood designs. And Nomura already said that Noctis and Stella only meet for the first time at the party which was when they were already adults which proves that the 2013 girl can't be Stella and can only be Luna. Not to mention we saw the design process of Luna and it included the CG face of the blonde girl in the 2013 trailer as Luna's original design, just like Prompto's design was updated since 2013 so was Luna's.

>Luna existed since 2012

and you accuse Versus fans of headcanon.

>all that shit taste
End yourselves, please.

Your point seems to be "Square are idiots for not bowing to SJW pressure!" which you'd have to be stupid to think anybody here would respond to, except maybe to say that you're the idiot.

Nice lies xv-kun

Females such as Stella Nox Fleuret and the mysterious dragoon remain in the game and will be detailed at some point in the future. Expect even more characters – including females – than what was shown in the latest trailer.

novacrystallis.com/2013/06/nomura-more-female-final-fantasy-xv-characters-to-be-revealed-in-the-future/

Except it is true and the 2013 trailer again proves it.

That is written by Erren Van Duine aka Kagari and is completely bullshit, Nomura said no such thing. Her source is a fucking blog.

No, your first post was that SJW shouldn't shit on the game for this reason and I commented saying that you're a fucking dumbass for thinking they wouldn't.

then you went and denied he even said that and wen you got proven wrong you backpedaled and insulted me like the sperg you are.

Nice lies xv-kun

Get fucked.

Here is an interview Nomura did during Versus, completely contradicts what we see in the 2013 trailer, completely proves that the little girl with kid Noctis in the 2013 trailer cannot possibly be Stella. And we already know for a fact that Luna is his childhood friend and has the same design as the little girl running with kid Noctis in the 2013 trailer.

>Famitsu: Can you explain what is happening in the scene from the images released?

>Nomura: The scene takes place at a party. This is the first time they have met each other.
web.archive.org/web/20100316112304/http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2008/08/20/famitsu-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-nomura-interview.html

Finaland & FFDream: Why did you change Stella’s design and made her look so much younger. Is it because of story development or because you made a survey with the audience ?

Tetsuya Nomura: There is no specific reason behind hit, but we didn’t want to make her look younger, we just wanted to make her a little bit prettier. That’s all.

Finaland & FFDream: But in 2007 she was very nice ! She’s very nice and still pretty but she’s still a little younger.

Tetsuya Nomura: When I created Stella, back in 2007, I actually created something that is not my type of character, but obviously time has past since then, about six years now, and then she actually became something that I quite like now

finaland.com/?rub=site&page=news&id=4865

Nice rebuttal, faggot.

Different guy dumbass. I stated they shouldn't be getting their panties in a wad. I never said I didn't expect them to.
Here's an anology. The president of a country should never be a lying sack of shit, but I expect them to be. (Especially this year.)

>it wasn't me

kek

No, I'm saying I made the original statement. He claimed the other guy made it, the other one who also thinks he's a dumbass.

Nice headcannon xv-kun

Can't have a day without a thread like this

Nomura didn't say she was still Stella, Finaland did, he just said he changed her, because Luna is a changed Stella.

He ommited that she was Luna, he never said she was still Stella. And in fact he literally says he didn't like Stella when he created her so he changed her, which is Luna. Which we have already fucking seen that the design he did in 2013 is Luna's original 2013 design, as proven by the design process of Luna they showed last month.

See2013 little girl with kid Noctis cannot possibly be Stella and can only be Luna.

What'd you guys think of pic related? Saw it in theaters last month, and loved it. It's objectively, a bad movie. But, it's a film made for FF fans, and that's why I loved it.

Haven't seen it. Heard it's great for ff fans, shit for anyone else.

It's an 8/10. Works good as a prologue cutscene to the game but as a standalone movie it has too many shortcomings.

You're so fucking dumb. They are literally speaking about her design. He didn't like her design so he changed it. He even says she's more his type of character now which makes sense seeing as she looked like a fucking KH char in 2013.

He specifically says there's no fucking story reason they changed her and that they just wanted to make her prettier.

I liked the first half even though it was mostly versus 13 trailer with different characters, the banter between Regis and Iedolas was neat. Second half was a little too over the top imo and the fights had too many cuts and no before some faggot says they're easy to follow, that's not the problem. Too many cuts is just bad direction, why go full digital if you don't take advantage of it

>a bad movie
I would't say that. For someone who doesn't know anything about XV it could be a difficult movie to follow, but for fans it was awesome.
Also a rewatch does wonders.

Why would I want to play some fucking homo simulator?

already preordered the special edition

>made for FF fans

How? They had a few FF cameos, the rest was Hollywood-tier garbage clearly made to pander to the west.

Thst was Luna already.

>Prelude plays at one point in the film
>The main theme of FF briefly plays when Nyx picks up Luna at the Ceremony
>Ultros
>Knights of the Round + Yojimbo
>General theme of crystals.

I'm done responding to you. Here's your (You).

>Why would I want to play some fucking homo simulator?
when you're already experiencing the real thing? i get ya, bro.

ultimate edition or bust

Do I have to repeat myself?

>Tfw one of the lucky 30k who got the Ultimate Edition
feels good

Yes, it needed to have more pantyshots and Nyx needed a introduction scene in the morning bumping into Crowe-chan while chewing on a slice of white bread!
>Ita-ta-taaa! Crowe-chan hidoooi!
Just like my animes!

>They are literally speaking about her design.

No, they are talking about Stella because Finaland still think she was Stella, tehrefore they said Stella. Nomura did not say she was still Stella, and obvoiusly Luna is a repurposed Stella.

>He didn't like her design so he changed it.
He said character, not just design.

>He even says she's more his type of character now which makes sense seeing as she looked like a fucking KH char in 2013.
Yeah because she was Luna in 2013, which again is already proven by the 2013 trailer showing kid Noctis with Kid Luna who both have the same designs today. And again that same CG face render was confirmed to be Luna a few weeks ago when they showed her design process, that was Luna's initial design just like Prompto's 2013 face/hair also was modified since then.

>He specifically says there's no fucking story reason they changed her and that they just wanted to make her prettier.
He's lying, there is already story changes literlayl seen in teh fucking trailer because we see kid Noctis with kid Luna.

Nomura himself already fucking said that Noctis and Stella meet for the first time at the party which was when they were already adults

>Famitsu:Can you explain what is happening in the scene from the images released?

>Nomura: The scene takes place at a party. This is the first time they have met each other.

The 2013 girl cannot fucking possibly be Stella, it goes against Nomura's own statement.

This is apparently a placemat at the new Square Enix cafe
>that fucking nose

I'm not him, but I thank the (you).
Have one in return.
It doesn't change that Stella died with the redesing even if it wasn't confirmed.

>it goes against Nomura's own statement.
No it goes against your own headcannon

>Nomura's lying
>even though he knows everyone saw the 2013 trailer
>but he's lying and yea believe me and not him
>he's totally going against something he said in 2008 before the scenario was complete in 2010
>they're talking about her character and not her design because I said so
>even though he literally said there were no story changes
>but yea believe me and not him

>look up her bio
>ashkenazi jewish

D R O P P ED
R
O
P
P
E
D

SE is just desperate for those western shekels

Don't fuck with xv-kun.
He only exists to reply to shitposters and complain about how autistic Cred Forums is while coming to these threads everyday

No it literally goes against his own fucking statement.

>Famitsu:Can you explain what is happening in the scene from the images released?

That completely contradicts the 2013 trailer showing a blonde little girl with kid Noctis, that little girl cannot fucking be Stella based on what Nomura already said during Versus. And we already know for a fact that Luna is Noctis's childhood friend and she has the same design and dress as the little blonde girl in the 2013 trailer.

Are you literally incapable of basic fucking logic?

During Versus Nomura says Noctis and Stella meet for the first time at the party, they are already adults there, in that same interview he reiterates that they only just met for the first time.

In 2013 when Versus had already been XV for a year at that point we see kid Noctis running along with a little blonde girl, but wait, who is this little blonde girl? She can't be Stella because that goes against what Nomura said about her during Versus. Oh that means the only logical conclusion is that there have been story changes, and that the little girl is Noctis's childhood friend

>he's totally going against something he said in 2008 before the scenario was complete in 2010
OH AND HERE IT IS

So now nothing from 2008 counts? So Stella summoning her rapier now doesn't count? Holy fucking shit this utter backpedaling.

>even though he literally said there were no story changes
Which is already wrong because there is clearly story changes.

Even in the Regis vs Iedolas scene from Versus 2011 to XV 2013 there is changes, in Versus 2011 CG only Regis and Iedolas were present in that scene, in XV 2013 CG Regis and Iedolas both had their own councils on their side and the weapons Regis had were changed.

Nice mental gymnastics xv-kun

>Gets completely proven wrong
>Le ebin shitpost xD

Nice argument xv-kun

The irony must be lost on you.

Nice argument xv-kun

You two should just fight irl already.
All you do is reply to each other for hours and it always leads nowhere

>reply to each other for hours and it always leads nowhere
That's every thread on Cred Forums

These threads really take the cake though. Especially because one of them always complains about shitposters and Cred Forums and yet he is always here everyday replying the the same shitposters as if it would solve anything

>So nothing from 2008 counts?

No one said that. All I said is that the scenario wasn't complete until 2010, so he might not have even made their backstories at that point. and seeing as nothing in the 2011 trailer contradicts anything else, you have no argument. Stella was in the 2011 trailer, the party scene is still in, it's even referenced in the 2013 trailer so was still in.

>but Regis didn't have people in the 2011 trailer

Yea and Nomura used to cut the bros out of other trailers too because their designs weren't finished, what's your point? You're literally implying there was some mass story change because Regis crew was with him in the face-off with Idola but nothing fucking changes besides them being there. and once again, according to the only info we have the only thing that was 100% complete of Versus was the scenario and he was known to cut omit chars in trailers because of design tweaking/finishing.

He even talked about the party scene being changed to pre-rendered.

Damn right I am. Day one buy.

7 fucking years.

You also forgot Cerberus, Diamond weapon...

What does it contain that's not in the collector's edition?

>mfw i didn't waste my money on it
Most of the price comes from the figure and they look bad as always
I only want the artbook and thsoe always show up on ebay

>No one said that
You just fucking did by trying to say "hurr the story wasn't even written until 2010!?!"

>seeing as nothing in the 2011 trailer contradicts anything else
The 2011 trailer shows the same 2008 party scene, which as Nomura stated already is the first time Noctis and Stella meet, when they are already adults. That already contradicts the 2013 trailer where it shows the little blonde girl with kid Noctis, that little girl cannot fucking be Stella because it contradicts Nomura's own statement.

>t-that doesn't count but the other stuff from 2008 does
Holy fucking shit you are grasping so hard.

>Yea and Nomura used to cut the bros out of other trailers too because their designs weren't finished,
No, in 2006 literally nothing besides Noctis's initial design, the soldiers and the Citadel area were even designed. He didn't cut them out because they didn't exist until 2007 which is when we first saw them in the Jump Festa trailer.

>You're literally implying there was some mass story change because Regis crew was with him in the face-off with Idola but nothing fucking changes besides them being there.
Oh and yet you fucks act like there is mass story changes between Regis and his crew now as we also see it in KG from Versus just because his and some designs changed.

>he was known to cut omit chars in trailers because of design tweaking/finishing.
No he wasn't, he never once said anything about omitting characters. He said that the party scene as we saw it in 2008 and 2009 is supposed to have people surrounding them but they hadn't implemented them yet, we saw the people around them in the 2011 trailer.

You go on and on about Versus being the best thing ever yet now you are saying Versus's story was changed when it was still Versus just so you can avoid admitting that Versus story was changed to XV's story in 2012. Even though we already fucking know for a fact that changes happened in 2012 to the story.

Versus XIII started in 2006.
XV started in 2013.
None of those dates match "7 years".

70 fucking years I've waited

I never said the story wasn't written, I said it wasn't complete. Nothing in the 2011 trailer contradicted anything we had seen in the previous trailers after the scenario was complete.

>yet now you are saying that Versus' story changed when it was still Versus

No, I said the scenario wasn't COMPLETE in 2010 which isn't new info and has been said in these threads for awhile now.

>so you can avoid admitting to my delusional headcanons

Mad? Clearly.

*until 2010

>tfw people fought and died in three fucking wars before they got a chance to see this game

I was excited for it like four years ago. I'm well beyond caring at this point.

IT TOOK 70 YEARS TO MAKE?!

>tfw Nomura-kun and XV-kun have fought in 23532621 wars about this game

They're the same person

>Nothing in the 2011 trailer contradicted anything we had seen in the previous trailers after the scenario was complete.

And what the fuck does that prove? 2013 is what I'm talking about you fuck. 2013 contradicts the party scene outright because we already know for a fact that Noctis and Stella meet for the first time at the party, when they are already adults. That is already an established fact. The fact that the little girl is seen running with kid Noctis proves that little girl cannot be Stella, it fucking contradicts what Nomura stated about Stella during Versus and which he even reiterated in that same interview. The 2009 and 2011 trailer both show the party scene again and them meeting for the first time. The 2013 trailer with the little girl can't be Stella because it contradicts the 2008, 2009 and 2011 trailer and Nomura's own statement about Stella meeting Noctis.

All you've done is ignore legitimate facts, ignore Nomura's own statement, ignore the fucking trailer just so you can pretend like the 2013 trailer had no changes from Versus, even though the fucking fact that the little girl is with Noctis already contradicts what we were told about Stella in that she only meets Noctis for the first time at the party, and that trailer itself shows them meeting for the first time too.

Stella's role was already changed by 2012 when Versus became XV to what we see in the 2013 trailer, that little girl in the 2013 trailer is identical to kid Luna who we already know is Noctis's childhood friend too, and the 2013 CG face render of the blonde girl was already confirmed to be Luna's initial design from 2013 a few weeks ago with us seeing her design process, with them only modifying her design a bit to what we saw in2014, just like Prompto's face/hair design from 2013 changed to his design in 2014 too.

You are objectively fucking wrong on every level.

According to rumors and leaks Tabata was still changing the plot as of last month.
That guy is just fucking shit up in any way he can.

So in this thread we have retards fantasying about a game that will never exist arguing against other retards who for some reason can't live on unless they prove that their real thing is definitely better than whatever make-believe delusion the other retards made up.

Just stop, let the Versus fags deal with their delusions, don't derail every thread into some shitty argument comparing a game that is 2 months away from being launched with a game that never left its initial development phase for almost 8 years, ignore them.

And that isn't true so you are a retard.

Either isn't a single man, they're archetypes of 4channers.
Everyone know that Nomura is the right side.

They can't be stopped at this point
It's as if their life depends on it

>I'm talking about 2013

and you were already prove wrong with links where it's stated Stella is still in the game and Nomura himself states there were no story changes.

>The right side conveniently happens to be the one that lets me shitpost

Fuck OFF, xv-kun.

Your post is just as bad as XV-kun's, don't flatter yourself.

Shitpost or shill, is any really better than the other?
If I had to choose, I think I'd pick the shitposters.

>inb4 b-but you're defending them!

I feel like a shitposter is always compelled to shitpost, whereas shills sometimes stay quiet. So, that.

No, sorry, I am over 12.

But shills are supporting an evil corporation for greed, while shitposters are just trying to make everybody else accept their honest opinion that something is a turd.

13 still isn't old enough to post here.

No, they proved nothing because I already refuted that and called you out on it here and here Nomura never said she was still Stella in 2013, Finaland did, Nomura said he didn' like Stella when he created her so he changed her character, he didn't say she was still Stella.

> Nomura himself states there were no story changes.
Which is a fucking lie because the 2013 trailer SHOWS STORY CHANGES with the little girl running alongside kid Noctis which proves that Stella was already changed to Luna who we know is that little girl and has been stated to being Noctis's childhood friend, whereas Stella was stated to only meet Noctis for the first time at the party when they were adults.

You were proven wrong on every single fucking front, you have no valid argument, you have done nothing but backpedal and spout bullshit. Get fucked you utter faggot.

Nice delusion xv-kun

I agree to disagree

>implying shitposters aren't just shills for rival corps trying to bring down square

That looks like my dog.

>le evil corporation meme
The only thing shills accomplish is swaying equally stupid people into buying a game on pure faith. They all get what they deserve.

You have a cool dog

Unfortunately he isn't as derpy as that. He's cute in other ways, though. Loves bellyrubs and doesn't afraid of anything(seriously we took him for a walk on fourth of july evening and he gave no fucks)

>this poll
>all of those yes

this sucks! I'm leaving Cred Forums! later fujoshicuckosauruses!

And still playing video games, man kid?

I have nothing left in my life except the illusion that videogames bring me joy

Yea go fuck yourself Versus-fag/Nomura-cuck.

Not everyone is as delusional as you.

>they still reply to each other

>crystal cancer wasn't even a thing in Versus
It most likely was. Remember that one trailer with the party worrying that Noct's powers are hurting him more than he lets on?

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

Let's leave the autists be for a moment and discuss the TGS character poll. Do you agree with the Nip taste?

Not at all.

>Aranea and Cidney not getting all the votes

Just a bit of clarification here guys - I've planted about 150 votes for 'Yes'.

This is not because I'm trying to shill for the game, its because I am genuinely looking forward to it for the massive shitstorm its going to cause on this board when it turns out to be a shitpile of broken dreams.

That's fine. I planted about 90 votes for "no".

>Gladio and Cor being that low
Now, I knew the Japanese were allergic to masculinity but goddamn.

Not at all, but im happy they love Luna like i do. Japs have superior taste seems like. But i don't get why super sexy Gentiana get so low votes.

There should be one that says "Yes, but only so I can witness the shitstorm on Cred Forums." That option would have the most votes.

Games are tailored for different audiences. Other games for adults, others for children. Final Fantasy has always been a children's game, and I enjoyed 4-9 as a kid.

But no more.

Yes.

>masculinity
pretty much a key word for homo in japan

Can i suspect that anybody who said things like "Im following this game since 2006" as a fucking liers?

Actually that makes me think, does Gladio hit on Cindy in the JP version too?

Why?

>those poll results

what the fuck do people see in this game

Lots of planted votes. Trusting these polls is a good mistake. Especially since shill posting for the game has been confirmed from numerous credible sources.

There was barely good internet back in 2006, and im doubt that Cred Forums users are atleast 25 years old.
You have to be atleast 15 years old to understand what happened in the first trailer.

people are hoping it will turn out good. I'm not hoping for much at this point. if it turns out good then that's great but it doesnt seem like thats going to happen.

I follow it since 2011 desu senpai

Who is we?

I mean i noticed it back in 2007 or early 2008 and the trailers were good, it's not like they had any deep shit in them or were story heavy.
V13 also barely got trailers and scans to begin with so it's hard to not follow it.
Only when it became XV the flood of gameplay videos and scans and interviews and ATRs began

>There was barely good internet back in 2006
What the fuck are you talking about? DSL and cable internet was pretty damn common in the early 2000s.

>all these sjws infesting Cred Forums and hating on the all male cast

>People are hyped about a new game
>"It must be shills"
No matter how much time passes this place doesn't change.

I wouldn't hate them if they didn't look like complete faggots.

The Caelum family domination cracks me up every time.

I don't understand how anyone can like Noctis.
His hair is ridiculous and he's a fucking emo child.

I had ISDN in 1998.
Most people on Cred Forums outside of console war threads are more than 30, kiddo.

>Wanting anything associated with XIII Mythology
>Wanting anything Square related from between 2007-2009
>Implying Versus would not have been a barren wasteland of last gen tech

The game's original vision barely works on current gen.
This is the better outcome user.

I hope you are joking

Especially considering the leaks suggest that the first Versus game would have been literal filler about nothing. The Sony leaker also said it was tiny and lacking in content.