youtube.com/watch?v=C4cfo0f88Ug
youtube.com/watch?v=vjt9ppemePg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what did she mean by this?

SEE? RED!

Who was in the wrong here?

>He could be you! He could be me! He could even be-

>...right behind you

>Hey guys, last two comics should be out in the next two months!

RIP TF2

BLU spy, for giving RED his knife back

Honestly Soldier was thinking quite logically.

BLU Spy was the only one who found the dead Sniper

BLU Spy wouldn't stop metaphorically sucking RED Spy's dick.

BLU Spy was the last one to make it into the intel room.

spy was just trying to help soldier find the trenchcoat club

>RED Spy killed his wife's son

Who was in the wrong here?

Correct me if im wrong but...

Red: World Domain
Blu: Shekels

I don't get it

That's... actually quite fitting, knowing the soldier

Don't act surprised. The whole video was shoving the audience to that conclusion. Soldier jumping the gun before the audience could react was just the twist.

The snipers for paying Gabe Newell money to make them a map they can just sit and camp all day without fear of any other classes in the game

2fort is QuakeTF stock map, broseph. The reason it doesn't work anymore is because most classes don't have as many mobility options anymore. Snipers in 2fort used to be constantly harassed by conc jumpers and such.

>the comics
why did you remind me of them
they will literally never be finished. fuck.

>mask stays in place
absolutely love this, the Meet The videos are so beautifully animated

Soldier let the spy inside the room

Soldier was never really stupid, so much as unhinged. I mean, he built a quite functional rocket launcher by himself, and is one of the most dangerous men on the planet.

Unfortunately he got flanderized into a gibbering retard by Jay Pinkerton, who was probably getting out some leftist daddy issues on a male authority figure.

>tfw the past TF2 threads has made me want to replay the game
>last time this happened I had joined a game, almost won, but then a vote to reset the map/scramble teams happens and passes
I just can't deal with that fucking vote.

Then you'll be happy to hear that mapchange votes, teamscramble votes, and autobalance have all been removed.

They've been replaced by a casual matchmaking system which matches people into games in progress so autobalance isn't necessary.

i have 80 hours in this game and now i really want a way to get lots of guns and cosmetics

i heard the economy crashed though so now im lost

>have put 4.5k hours into the game
>that feel when completely mediocre as everything but a Medic

Just buy like 50 ref from shop.tf for 5 bucks and craft yourself like 20 cosmetics, don't get the weapon skins most are trash aside from the autumn ones and just stick to strange kill streak weapons from the community market

Is there any other multiplayer shooter which comes close to tf2s class based play ,maps and unique charismatic characters
I was looking forward to overwatch but that was just trash with powerups slow gameplay and trash animu characters

>>He could be you! He could be me! He could even be-

Assuming BLU Spy didn't get killed here, who else was he going to say?

He could even be who? There's no one else to name.

right behind you

>i really want a way to get lots of guns and cosmetics
buy a key for $1 USD, and it should be worth enough in trade to get you all of the guns at once.

You can also buy a "class pack" instore to get every single unique weapon for a certain class without having to trade. It costs like 4 bucks i think. But it's a bit of a waste when you can do the same by trading.

Or just idle in community servers until you've got everything. Weapon drops happen every Thursday, with a very slim chance of getting a hat for people who bought the game.

That doesn't make sense.

>...Right behind you!

YOU WATCHING THIS VIDEO

>he could even be right behind you
Yes it does?

Then the three turn around and see an empty room.

Tf2 is still pretty much king of likable character designs but I highly recommend playing "loadout!" It's f2p as well and if you're down for irreverent immature humor it's very endearing

>Spies cannot be invisible
Have you ever played TF2?

In reference to the fact that Spy can decloak at any time and be behind you OR if he was directly addressing Soldier, considering the fact that Soldier is right in front of him, it would still make sense.

Post most played classes and total gameplay time.

1687 hours here.
Pretty much an Engineer/Pyro main
I don't like to play as Medicine man because it gives me cancer, the fact I have to heal and play with so many morons.

>Medic main
You're such a Martyr
Why you hurt yourself in that way?

Why not just say "He could even be invisible!"

If he's invisible, he could be anywhere in the room, not strictly just behind the group.

Because the spy loves being overly dramatic. If he could say it without the buildup, he wouldn't get nearly the amount of pleasure. Plus he's kind of jacking off over his own skillset in the process.

Why is BLU always the bad guys in the movies?

Because "right behind you" sounds more onimous
"He could be invisible" is middle school fan fiction tier dialogue

I wanted to try out loadout but my friend told me the community is small and matchmaking will take forever

>Why not just say "He could even be invisible!"
Because "right behind you" would mean RED Spy was finishing off BLU Spy's words before they were cut short, which makes total sense from a dramatic perspective.

Also when the Red Spy reveals himself, he echoes the final words Blu Spy never spoke.

THEY GOT MORE FUCKIN SEA MONSTERS IN THE GREAT LOCHETT NESS THAN THEY GOT THE LIKES OF ME

Because Blue is the color of the democrats and since Team Fortress 2 is all about "rooty tooty point'n'shooty", The conservatives, red, is all about guns so the color(party) that wants to take away their guns is evil

Explained here.

Medic is rewarding when you can carry a team of shitties using the crossbow, there's actually much more to medic than meets the eye when you play him on competitive

I main scout nearing 300 hours on him and 2400 hours power time

>loadout

Didn't that die when the ps4 version came out.

fuck off user

I don't believe it's dead just yet

Wouldn't hurt to try, it's f2p afterall

>Competitive
Yeah, there is the difference, I dont really play on Competitive
Maybe it's my fault for believing that casual scrubs will notice that I'm slowly being burned to death by that Degreaser Pyro that is chasing me

Oh well

Can't save them all.

>As I was procastinating about a report today I decided to browse the tf2 general (last time I played was around 2014-15)
>There was a sticky with a servers list. Tried a bunch but none worked
>Eventually find one with 17 players
>Ignore the mountain of cosmetic shit, have a blast playing with competent people
>Finishing playing after one and a half hours, unlocked a ton of achievents (long story short, I had another account with 400 hours)
>Stilll havent finished the report

I tell you, there was a time when tf2 was about fun and I seriously missed it. When tf2 finally dies it Will be a terrible day

>buy key
>wait 1 week
>trade for 21 ref
>convert to 189 scrap
>trade scrap for weps
>use leftover ref to buy what you want
you'd be amazed how much a $2.50 key can get you.

I am garbage with that thing. I want to be a pro bolt-healer, but it's such a crapshoot.

I main all classes. 2316 hours
Crusader's Crossbow, and Medic in general, are OP as fuck.

I could stand it if he was just a little bit OP to encourage people to play him, but I think Valve have taken it way too far with the recent additions of arrow building and universal medigun speed-tethering.

Medic's powerlevel is "if you have one and an equally skilled team does not, you will beat them".

Fucking lmao

Randomizer is some of the most fun I've ever had in this game

>that feel when there's no good randomizer servers left

That's the point of having a healing class though, of course he's a huge advantage to the team

They changed the way the Crusader's Crossbow shoots.
I remember it shot actual arrows and the projectile was MUCH faster.
Now I can't even tell where I shot and the ugly ass particle effect is gay. Is there...
IS THERE a mod that reverts the particle effects and gives me a straight line of light so I know where I shot them?

>That's the point of having a healing class though
the point of having a healing class is to provide that form of play to people who enjoy supporting their team.

Nothing in the fundamental design of healing classes says "this needs to be overpowered".

idk m8, I shoot candy canes.

>I remember it shot actual arrows
well how would actual arrows heal allies in any way?

I know TF2 isn't exactly "realistic," but it does function on basic expectations, and syringes make more sense than arrows.
>and the projectile was MUCH faster
the projectile speed has never changed
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Crusader's_Crossbow#Update_history

By the logic that he's overpowered, then stacking medics would be overpowered would it not? The greatest downside of medic is that he's only effective when he's the only one, so it does create a requirement that every team needs one, bit only one

I argue that he's not overpowered, just required

You'd be surprised. Being a healer only matters if your team can do damage. If you have a team full of snipers and spies, being a heavy or soldier is a hell of a lot more productive.

Free to play was a mistake

I'd argue he's not required at all. But if you go against a coordinated team that has them, yeah it becomes that way.

Sounds like you actually have a mod equipped because there's not really a prominent particle effect with the crossbow, just enable pyrovision

Alright well, you have me there at the projectile speed.

But they changed the projectile "trail" to be some kind of bubbly cross effect and that really throws off my aim trailing. I just want my old projectile trails so I can clearly see where I shot.

>gif doesn't even loop properly

where'd you find this on tumblr

no I made it myself using Gifcam.
It's impossible to loop because it cuts off right at that part.

>
Nah see > Changed trail effects.
It used to be a blue/red trail when you shot the arrow, and it actually helped out with aiming.
Now it's impossible to see so you kind of just have to guess where your projectile even went.

Daily reminder:

If you're getting heavily harassed as engineer, if it happens to be another engineer in your team, go Pyro and defend your engineer, and watch over enemy pies, keep an eye over your Medic + Heavy combo

>Most of the team member are spys
>Nobodies protecting the base/intell
>Team mates doing their own thing with no correlation or teamwork
>People using mics are kids
>or people that don't communicate and make occasional sounds which further questions why they
feel the need to use mic if they are only making gibberish

>then stacking medics would be overpowered would it not
Stacking Medics IS overpowered though, at least until the number of Medics begins to exceed the number of fighting classes.

That's why in community competitive 6v6 leagues they have to limit him to only 1 Medic. Because they know how powerful he is.

A team with 2 Medics means they can overheal each other to 225HP, so it's really hard to kill them while they're dodging around, sucking each other off with Mediguns, and tanky. Within 40 seconds they will both have 2 Ubercharges ready which they can deploy one after the other, while your team will only have 1. This means their team will wipe yours in a teamfight.

Medic is flat-out OP. Coming from a person who plays him a lot (and who used to play TFC Medic when that game still had a community).
>But they changed the projectile "trail" to be some kind of bubbly cross effect and that really throws off my aim trailing. I just want my old projectile trails so I can clearly see where I shot.

Yeah, I agree.

You're playing with idiots, user.
You brought that on yourself.

Well yeah but thats just cuz you gotta get your shitties in line

they explicitly nerfed it bro
it was too good in the right hands

If our team has more than 2 Spies or more than 2 Snipers, I will call votekick on the lowest-scoring third Spy or Sniper. It almost always works.

It does prove a medic isn't always useful though. Even a team with Pyros as the heaviest class don't benefit much from them.

Medic overhealing is part of the balancing of the games design, sounds like you just don't like healers in your fps

and the "why are you voting me I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING REEEEEEE" is always amusing to watch

Did you reply to the wrong post or something?

>they explicitly nerfed it bro
it's received constant BUFFS because they wanted people to use it more, user. The one time they did nerf its damage, they buffed its reload time so it had higher DPM than the Huntsman.

>arrow building Uber-- normally Uber building takes a minimum of 40 seconds, but with Crusader's Crossbow and a Boston Basher Scout ally you can do it in as low as 14 seconds
>passive reload
>reduced reload
>projectile size buffed

Not him, but I play medic because I just enjoy being helpful.

Thanks doc

This is true

He is required in a competent team how about that

Definitely.

There is nothing more annoying than a medic who doesn't spread overheals around.

Yes there is. Combat medics.

I cut them slack if a server is mostly just people fucking around though.

I LOVE this doctor.

There is. It's teammates who expect the medic to come to them. Teammates who don't know how to be healed are worse than medics who don't know how to heal.

Both of these are correct

Although I must admit uberchaining on shitties is the funnest thing in the world

Can't go a single thread without whining about liberals

>tfw no old Cred Forums servers left

I actually have something like 300 hours total on record, but I decided to keep resetting my stats.... looking back I have no fucking idea why.

When I'm bored I just jump into a 2fort map and get free kills with soldier by rocketjumping up and kill a bunch of snipers, repeat until the've all changed classes.

I'm a simple man with simple tastes.

>that feel when no official Arena servers
>even Medieval Mode has dedicated servers

Turbine>2fort

>used to play Freak Fortress vs Saxton Hale mod
>it was still new so we had a relatively few amount of comfy maps
>played it now
>rainbow dash bosses
>maps are awful
>everybody is abusing Engie turrets
magic's gone...

>everybody use the most op boss

did the partyvan ever come back?
god i miss the spam

If you've seen any of his other shit you would understand, instead of automatically chalking me up as your Cred Forums boogeyman.

The administrator. The door. The briefcase. A sentry. A opossum. The very air you breathe. Ms. Pauling. Blutarch Mann. Gay. Imaginary.

This.

"He could even be gay!"

And then everyone just stares at him in complete silence with just the siren in the background for about a minute. You could just close the video on that too.

Wouldn't work because he just slapped down a folder that had pictures of Spy fucking Scout's mom.

That's the twist! It was a cover! A ruse!

What a brilliant bastard, he might even be half as good as I am!

I feel like if two spies met in an out-of-the-way spot it would get real gay real quick.

Alright, how bad is the game now? I'm kind of in the mood to play it again. Someone tell me if it's truly dead

>meet the medic has 45,000,000 views

I wish the Meet the Team movies didn't vary in quality so much. Meet the Spy and Sniper were fucking top tier, but then things like Engie and Pyro were shit.

Tens of thousands of active players is hardly dead, however, it's not the hundreds of thousands it used to be, tf2s decline has been highly romanticized

I more meant, is the community still fucked with bronies, furries, etc. running rampant, or has the new matchmaking system at least alleviated it a bit?

Still easy to find 32 man servers. It's like nobody even left. Still super fun.

actually nah, the furries and horse fuckers moved on to Dota, so it's actually been pruged to some extent

Engi probably has a lot of value to some people, but Pyro is basically "for-reddit"-tier shit.
If the entire pyrovision aspect were dropped and just focussed on how the classes feared his brutality then I'd be please, even if that'd be a tad boring to his character development.

>months ago I started playing again out of boredom
>join the old VSH server I used to play on
>literal cancer everywhere, p2w shit etc.
>check the Warioware server
>it's dead
>see if there are any other VSH servers available
>find on join it
>it turns out someone actually cared enough to add new bosses and make the mod less shit and add more features

It's one of the two reasons I ever launch TF2 these days for.
Well, to be fair, Spy was one of the last ones and there's not much you can do with the original Engineer. No excuse for Pyro, though. Also I wouldn't call MtE shit, it kept him in character and in class, and the writing was pretty decent. It's just not as memorable as the others because the other characters are much more charismatic.

Thanks

I always thought the face Sniper makes after the Spy cuts him was really badass

Man that takes me back, those meet the spy edits were god tier.
>Meet the Spy was 7 years ago

I actually see more garbage tier attention whore furries etc on csgo these days

However the profile pictures from some users on tf2 can still trigger me lol, but no game is safe from that, especially f2p ones

"And you best hope, not pointed at you" saved Meet the Engineer. That line is so great.
The scene where Pyro jams his ax blocking the Medic before setting it on fire could have saved it, but pyrovision robbed it of any grace it had.

comfiest map?
2fort night map for me.
Set up with engineer and enjoy hot chocolate.

Man, I'd like 2fort a lot more if the people that played it weren't all gibus snipers an Rancho Relaxo engineers

Loadout had great potential. Unfortunately the playerbase only ever wanted to make their little hitscan assault rifles because they were just the strongest options. Never saw any crazy weapons that you are able to make.

How is dota?
I've played league a bit but it didn't seem too engaging to me.

As much as I loved Meet the Spy and Medic I wish they followed the interview theme like the other ones did.

>tfw no proper TF2 movie

Meanwhile companies like Square Enix waste millions on one.

youtube.com/watch?v=C4cfo0f88Ug
Never had I been so excited for something and then so let down.
>you have to pay for tickets if you actually want anything from this other than sheer frustration
>bugs bugs bugs bugs

Man Saxton Hale maps were the shit back in 2012, those giant puzzle maps (with Hale behind glass using traps to kill you) were so much fucking fun.

Medic giving a rather odd "No." because they could never get Downes in a studio kinda shit on that scene for me.

>the main theme of the trailer is RED and BLU working together for once
>in-game it's just all RED fighting BLU robots

I will never not be angry at this

>they spent 3 years hyping this up
I share your anger, I was so fucking mad when I saw that. It's a fun gamemode, but fuck paying to play every fucking time.
I believe Death Run is what you are talking about, but yea thanks for reminding me about that. I don't think there are any good Death Run servers alive, though. I remember one in a dark forest where you could bug one of the first mechanics, that one was fun.

Sniper, Engie, and Medic for not being able to finish off a spy in a 1v1

>~700 hours played in tf2 since 2012
>haven't played it in months
>longing for some comfy tf2
>casual servers are shit now
>don't want to play competitive

>how bad is the game now?

Pubs have new upsides and new downsides: Players are marginally more competent and objective-oriented due to the new matchmaking system, and there's no autobalance, but you have to wat in a shity queue that takes about 20 seconds before getting into a game.

There's now a competitive matchmaking system which is fun if you can get past the flaws (weird ping-based matchmaking that sends you 1000s of km away, options restrictions, occasional retard teammates) but when it works is great for having a serious, organized game of TF2.

Population wise isn't dead at all, still 3rd or 4th most played game on Steam.

Comfiest map is Dustbowl.

Best map is Upward.

>that feel when no Cred Forums hosted Randomizer server for Cred Forumskends

695 hours
All my best stats are as soldier, yet I still play Scout more often because I find it more fun.

>but fuck paying to play every fucking time.

MvM isn't only Mann-up mode, the fuck are you on about?

Have you tried using the browser as ALWAYS?

No one sane uses casual matchmaking.

>Valve playtesters are too stupid to tell team mates apart from from robots

The f2p version was a shittier, easier version with no rewards not worth playing.

>Max kills as soldier 21
>Max kills as scout FUCKING 10
Get fucking good, seriously you should be dropping daily 20 bombs with scout

Consider practicing on insta spawn turbine maps, very good map for scout practice

>imaginary
>convince the enemy team that you've infiltrated their base, so they just kill each other whenever someone does anything suspicious

I swear to fuck, man.
I thought they had an "apply yourself" attitude in their earlier games, but somewhere along they started catering to mega casuals before ultimately quitting game development forever.

>Have you tried using the browser as ALWAYS?
Not him, but Valve server access via the browser has been completely removed, you have to use matchmaking now to access Valve pubs.

Unless you're talking about community servers, in which case good luck finding a populated one that has the actual base game.

but do you get weapon drops on community servers?

i tried and never got one, theni played one casual match and got aweapon

>shittier
More scrubs but that's it

>easier
There is no difference between mann-up mode and playing on expert difficulty in the f2p mode. Mann-up mode is simply expert only.

>no rewards
>having a f2p mode giving worthwhile rewards
Goodbye tf2 economy, good day post ww1 germany inflation
There was nothing worth much regardless as everyone could scrape up to 5 or whatever amount of tickets using random drops and whatever you saved up to that update. None of those weapons were worth much after a little time.

>Valve pubs
I don't think I have EVER had a good or even comfy game in a Valve pub server. I've had up until now a few regular servers with the base game. Which is enough. I guess everyone doesn't.

I got it as early as yesterday so yes. Your situation was a coincidence. Unless some servers are blacklisted or some shit.

hey, it's actually harder than you might think when the robots share the same proportions as the tf2 classes (minus the giants)

I bet that originally they didn't have very many robots at once, so it worked fine

But mvm is hectic. It's very chaotic, and when you're playing medic and need to find someone to heal so you can pop an uber or a shield, trying to find the blue teammate out of the blu robots is harder than picking the red one

Fair enough. On my end, I've had plenty of very enjoyable experiences in Valve pubs/Competitive Matchmaking, and can almost never find a good community server that isn't LE FURRY POUND XD bullshit and doesn't download 50gb of My Little Pony assets onto my hard drive.

My favourite community server used to be Dirsec Custom Maps Showcase, but it's dead now.

MVM was reduced to a single team because having RED and BLU wasn't working well with the robot AI

My favorite server was always Axl's TF2 and Axl's TFC when that was a thing (before tf2)

Come on, I can't be the only one here who regulared on Axl's.

not really. Team Colors are more simple than that, it's just different skins (Skin 0 is red, Skin 1 is Blu, Skin 2 is red Uber, skin 3 is Blu Uber)

all you do is make a simple script that randomizes the skin set of each player when they respawn

>Gentlemen. This, is a bucket.
>Dear god...
>There's more.
>No...

Why is Soldier so perfect?

AAAAAAAAAAAH!

youtube.com/watch?v=vjt9ppemePg
PORNOGRAPHY STARRING YOUR ASS