Ocarina is the scariest game ever made.

Shadow Temple gives me chills.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/i_KfTchsqDM?t=92
vocaroo.com/i/s1E6gjwJBUmJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>when you realize Bongo Bongo was a decapitated torso

Finished OoT 3D not too long ago

How much more interesting is master quest? I did everything im the base game (except for getting 100 skulltulas. Fuck that) and I'm kinda burned out so I wanna hear it from someone else instead of going in right away

Dungeons use the same map geometry, but the objects placed within, enemies, puzzles, etc are completely redone, and they take the opportunity to get a bit silly with object placements and make puzzles that would be too difficult to put in the regular game. Everything outside the dungeons is the same, it's just the dungeons that are different. I'd say it's worth it if you want more Ocarina.

voodoo is spooky yes

Dead Hand was creepier IMO

Dead hand was unsettling, but as a wee lad I always thought the big bad who managed to make a puny ragdoll out of sheik was the I should be really worried about

then he dies like a bitch like everyone else because of the big goron's sword

How can Hylian men even compete?

maybe if you are 5 years old

they don't
gerudo males on the other hand

>This game that scared me when I was a kid (and still scares me because I am a fucking pussy) is the scariest game of all time t-trust me guys!

Wallmasters scared me more. I couldn't play the game without turning down the volume whenever I was in the same room as one.

Do you cocklords need to ruin every thread with

>PSHHH that ain't true!

Of fucking course it's not a horror game contender you candle sniffing fuckfences, just take the cue to discuss the game instead of being colossal anuses

fuck

>nintoddlers

Autistic people can't take cues.
And you know where you are.
Also you could've just made a thread that's about discussing your shitty nintenyearold game.

no user, it's Cred Forums, we can't discuss video games and we have to be contrarian no matter what. How new are you

The Earthworm Jim games were legitimately scary. Have some pretty fucked up parts.

youtu.be/i_KfTchsqDM?t=92

Condemned, Criminal Origins.

Now this is a proper scary game. Never tazed so many mannequins in my life.

Ocarina is not meant to be "scary", it's just like any fantasy story worth a shit and occasionally filled with zombies and butt ugly monsters like Barinade.

I guess the cheesy Ghibli thing they've got going now is okay too. But even those usually had some shit going down.

So, when I was playing, I wasn't scared of Skulltulas. Then I entered a house in Kakoriko village. The place had spiders everywhere. Then a Skulltula came down, I was waiting for it to turn around, went into up c, and saw human eyes on the skulltula...

Never entered that house again throughout any playthrough of OOT.

Better musician than Kayne West apparently

Dat noise Bongo Bongo makes is spoopy
vocaroo.com/i/s1E6gjwJBUmJ

I like to think Bongo Bongo is the one singing in the background during the Shadow Temple theme.

It's even scarier once you realize that the music still plays if you return to the shadow temple after killing him.

Loled

>One theory about the original intention of the Shadow Temple is that it was built to absorb and concentrate all the "evil" and negative feelings of Hyrule such as greed, hatred, jealousy, etc.; all of which can form a breeding ground for what will come to grow into a corrupted world. Assuming that this statement is plausible, it would mean that the Shadow Temple was in fact built for the purpose of preserving peace and calm in Hyrule, making sure it would remain a healthy and prosperous country by simply taking in all conceivable malice and negative emotions, and not to be a dark, twisted torture chamber which is easily assumed by the interiors and overall eerie feel the temple offers. Subsequently, this would mean that the Shadow Temple would have to reap the penalty of the wrongdoings of the entire world of Hyrule. Again, if plausible, this could certainly reduce the temple to nothing more than a frightening, distorted nightmare accordingly. This theory is based upon clues whispered by Skull Paintings in the Shadow Temple.
Because of the presence of many torture and execution devices, it is also believed that the Shadow Temple could have been used for human sacrifice. Why this potential sacrifice took place is however unknown, bringing doubt to this theory.

Deep lore.

I love the boss designs in OoT, and Bongo Bongo is my favorite of them all.

I really miss Miyamoto being in charge of Zelda, it always felt like it had the absolute perfect blend of fantasy influences from both Japanese and Western cultures. It's like he took some cues from stuff like The Dark Crystal and added some zany Japanese folk lore into it, and it worked out spectacularly.

I still like Zelda, but it feels like they just can't recapture the essence it once had. It's gotten a touch too cartoonish, a little bit too anime-tastic, and now BotW seems to want to take the WRPG approach. I'm sure it will be a fine and dandy game but it's just not the same. I'd rather be going into spooky wells and grandiose castles and shit, than have huge expanses of land to travel through.

Would be great if you see the manifestation of Link's own negative thoughts while in the dungeon.

Twilight Princess tried but it was obvious they were skirting around blood or any overt references to death. Even the Arbiter Grounds just felt like a dumping ground for skeleton monsters, nothing really implying Prisoner Hylain or otherwise were ever "judged" there.

Yeah, Miyamoto should take Zelda back from Aonuma and stop ruining Paper Mario.