ITT: We post wrestling games that are better than No Mercy, and discuss why

ITT: We post wrestling games that are better than No Mercy, and discuss why.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ax5SiG8Pmvw
youtube.com/watch?v=acjPWVvSy2g
youtube.com/watch?v=3XI6U1h4chc
youtube.com/watch?v=w_BQ9m4GTuo
youtube.com/watch?v=42raBFk1XQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=PJjZM5zFGuA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I just want the video game where I can fight Kenny Omega as the final boss.

>post wrestling games that are better than No Mercy
it's like you don't want anyone to post in your new stealth wrestling thread

It's more of a fighting game but here you go.

Omega is too much of a geek to be a final boss

>This final boss theme
youtube.com/watch?v=Ax5SiG8Pmvw

I bought No Mercy not too long ago. Never had a N64 when I was younger and never played it until I bought it.

I don't get why so many people like it. It's slow, clunky, and awkward. There's 0 flow in the gameplay.

I want to like Fire Pro Returns, but damn this game is confusing. Even just making a new wrestler is convoluted with the menu controls being fucked.

Such a game does not exist.

Just download a save

Even though I had an N64 as a kid, I never really enjoyed any of the AKI games. I fucking loved Smackdown 2 on PS1 though.

He's had entertaining matches with like, dolls right?

And a 9 year old girl.

Dude busted out a 5 star match in the g1 tourney a few months ago as well.

I liked WM2K because it was broken as fuck
>light grapple piledrivers, powerbombs, etc

>tfw the arcadey Smackdown games captured the essence of the faster wrestlers really well
>Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, and others will never feel right on the simulation engine from the 2k games

No Mercy was too slow, it was outclassed in fun by Smackdown 1/2 on PS1

>2k14 was the perfect blend of arcade gameplay and realism all wrapped up with a huge roster and a versatile creation suite
>2k15 and onward completely neutered the creation suite, removed an asston of entrance animations and playable match types, and still haven't brought back all of the content they cut from 2k14

youtube.com/watch?v=acjPWVvSy2g

Her name is Haruka. We need this shit linked pronto.

Exploding cage deathmatch

What creation stuff did 2k14 have that 16 didn't?

Gotta learn to use the run moves to get around. And learning the different grabs

My nigger.

youtube.com/watch?v=3XI6U1h4chc

As far as CAWs go, body sliders in 2K14 are a lot more versatile and you can get some exaggerated, cartoon-looking body types, like Popeye arms, for example. 2K16 locks certain attires to being entrance only, even the most basic shit like hats. There's no reason for this, and there's no excuse like "those attires don't work in matches" because if you use the entrance interrupt mechanic anyone can fight in the entrance attires just fine. 2K16's facial sliders are also complete garbage, every CAW looks exactly the same unless you use the facial scanning feature, which even then is a bit of a crapshoot at times.

Fair enough. I had more knowledge of the outlanding kinda shit you could have in the older Smackdowns. I miss making super saiyans and Darth Vader and shit like that.

youtube.com/watch?v=w_BQ9m4GTuo
I only want a better MyCareer where you can also do the same shit as Universe mode

I didn't play no mercy, but the WCW was always better than WWE/F, so that.

>that feel when they don't want none

This was the last wrestling game I played, I remembering having a lot of fun with it

youtube.com/watch?v=42raBFk1XQ4
A personal favorite

day of reckoning 1 and 2 were pretty much modern no mercy. the rosters were no where near as good though

Giant Gram 2000 is my #3 after Fire Pro Wrestling Returns and King of Colosseum 2.

dig diggity dig

dig diggity dog

SOCKO
BREAK IT

>that feel when we won't hear this on the main roster any time soon

youtube.com/watch?v=PJjZM5zFGuA

wwe 2k14 is very good. Great roster. It has everybody. wwe 13 is v good too. has an attitude era career mode and good roster.

SYM has a good career mode and the best backstage areas. and a v good roster

2k14
Sym
Wcw revenge

Those 3 are the best imo. Also I don't get why everybody prefers 2007 to 2008. 2008 introduced 360 running and the slamming system in that game was so much fun. You could walk around with people hoisted up, then slam them. and you could throw people put of the ring using gorilla presses. Maybe it was worse on next gen idk, but I had it on ps2 and it was a lot of fun.

get 2k14 tho. The roster is so good. It has 1999 triple h with my time theme, 2003 rock, hall, nash, steiner, hogan, goldberg, warrior, savage, classic cena, classic lesnar, batista, michaels, x pac ETC

>try to debut a guy as a heel
>give him the catchiest theme in existence
>he's not even that much of a heel, the extent of his heelwork is acknowledging how great he is

Even when WWE does something right it's only because they messed up trying to do something else