I don't know what the hell to do in my free time so I think I might play through all the Final Fantasies

I don't know what the hell to do in my free time so I think I might play through all the Final Fantasies

Are there any specific versions of the earlier games I should play or should I just stick with the originals

First 3 5 7 and 9 will decide my FF1 jobs and names

Name the protagonist peanus and the main girl weanus

Original NES Final Fantasy 1 was kind of rough. Your characters wouldn't automatically switch targets if their target died during battle so you had to be a little bit attentive to their health.

I always hear that the Final Fantasy 6 re-release on the Nintendo DS was garbage so I guess stick to the SNES version?

>Are there any specific versions of the earlier games I should play or should I just stick with the originals
Just play the mainline games, it's your safest bet.

I'm sure someone will stop by with the preferred versions of each. The only real big decision will be FF4DS or FF4PSP, and perhaps if you want the Zodiac Edition of FF12. For the rest, it's generally the latest port unless that particular one turned out terrible. (The recent FFX/FFX-2 HD port was handed out to another studio and looks awful.)

>First 3 5 7 and 9 will decide my FF1 jobs and names
Fighter
Fighter
White Mage
White Mage

Make a white mage named Aiya

2 red mages only
Pnus and Wnus

Well shit I shoulda organized this better

I'll just stick with pnus and wnus the red mages and aiya the white mage, next 5 will decide last dude

A white mage named Palm and a black mage named Porm

Thief named Kang

Make a monk named Yang

Black Belt named Dope

Fighter named BTTW

I advice you pick the nes or PS1 version of FF1. The remakes change from spell charges to mana and on top of butchering the difficulty also remove any sense of identity the game had.

The ds version of 3 is probably better, the original had some op as fuck classes. 4 is up to you, just look up the difference between the versions. FF6 is probably the buggiest in the series and I think most of those are fixed in the remake but the retranslation makes a lot of fans mad who really like woolsey. Any time you can take an international version you're better off with that than the original.

Black belt Yang.

Fighter named FITE

Let's stick with the theme, with a Black Mage named Vivi.

Does the PS1 version fix the targeting problem mentioned?

FF1/2 play either PS1, GBA, or PSP
Either version of 3 is a snorefest
GBA, PSP or steam version of 4 (basically the DS version with a remake of The After Years in the same style)
5 GBA
6 GBA

The FF6 port was on the GBA and while it has a better translation (some people like the old one better) and fixes a lot of the bugs, due to being on the GBA it has some color issues and especially shitty audio. There are patches for both if you're emulating, and with them it's a perfectly acceptable version of the game.

Generally avoid any ports of the SNES games to the PS1, as you end up with small but annoying load times when doing stuff like opening menus.

Monk named Moot

Who's this semen demon?

Yes it was a design decision they decided not to continue

I prefer the GBA audio, it's scratchy but has more definition than the muddy SNES samples, also sequenced a bit more slowly which I like.

Black mage named Tela

Still waiting for that last character, make sure to add a name and job to your posts in case of a 5

Wait nevermind there we go

Red mage named mldy

Post screenshot of characters pls

Porkus the fighter

Hol on havent used an emu in a while

/ffg/ has a pastebin with recommended versions of every mainline game.

PSX was a bitch but I got it

I forsee very steep finances in your run.

Yup, after buying all the magic I couldn't afford any armor, time to grind

The PS1 version actually lets you turn that shit on and off, just in case you're some crazy purist that can't stand auto-targeting.

>after buying all the magic I couldn't afford any armor
Oh god. You are better off just restarting now. Buy weapons/armor and then magic with whatever you can spare, probably Cure on a few characters who can take it. Attempting to kill even imps bare-handed with no armor is going to be murder on you.

Too late, I bore through it and beat Garland already.

Post update. Why aren't you updating us? Don't you love us OP?

Ah, didn't think anyone actually cared. I just beat an ogre and barely made it over here

Post the party screen. You don't understand, these aren't your characters now; we named them, so they're ours.

I posted it a bit ago, but now i'm in a bad situation

RIP Pnus. And the rest of you

Actually I got away, but now I'm kinda lost...

Looks like you're in the midle of FuckYou Forest.

Actually it might just be me posting to you in here and I'm about to head to bed. Good night user OP. Thanks for the game updates.

G'night, rest easy knowing I barely made it