How does this shit not have an official list of all the monsters?

How does this shit not have an official list of all the monsters?

How can it be taken seriously as a monster-raising franchise when it can't even categorize all of the monsters?

It has in-game, at least in the newer games.
As for your question:
because the games are an inconsistent mess, there's no list because there's metal and dark variations for everything.
Also every mon ends their name with -mon, so you can't take it seriously

Aren't there like thousands of them

Which is why they need a fucking list.

Who'd go through a list of thousands of these things

Pokédex/SMT compendium works because they're recognisable and is updated slowly overtime, whereas for this one they just designed a thousand of them branching from one another and said fuck it

That's not really an excuse, games like PMQ and PaD and that one with the street fighter collab have 1000s too but people made lists for them

I quit, the game is horribly pay to win. The only good free mons are Slayerdramon SP, Slash angemon SP+, and green ticket SP+ mons. If you don't play PVP F2P is fine but PVP is brutal if you don't at least buy batteries for flash events.

I was a top 50 PVPer.

too many variants. think monhun subspecies, but with 30 of them for each monster, even the minor ones like popos for comparison to scale.

>f2p game is p2w
No shit?
>I was top50
Because being in the top only implies the amount of time (read: money) spent, not skill

I've been willing to get myself into a good Digimon game, but I don't know shit about the games.
Which ones should I get into, and why do you recommend this one?

Cyber Sleuth.

Everything else is shit.

Good Digimon games don't exist
They're all chore-simulators you're better of just rewatching the (not even good) anime.

Do you like doing chores?

Start with Digimon World. Its a classic

Fuck off

Is anything I've said wrong? Debate, don't hate.

DW1 is great if you like doing the same hard work over and over with little pay off.

>How does this shit not have an official list of all the monsters?

Idiocy and poor planning. They often do stuff like adding Ultimates, Megas with no regard to what they could evolve from and the lines change every game.

It's a complete mess and I doubt if Bandai even know exactly how many Digimon there are in total.

Start with Digimon World like another user said. Cyber Sleuth is also quite fun, and I remember the world DS games being decent. I haven't played that many Digimon games so I don't know which ones are shit (World 2 is closest one to being bad).

There's a huge number of them and Digimon Heroes seems like a low priority thing to me

Cyber Sleuth and Digimon World are it

There are lists in the games, of the Digimon included in that game.

Unlike something like Pokémon, the entire list of Digimon species is not included in every Digimon game. They aren't designed for that.

Digimon World (monster-raising sim, kind of obtuse so no shame in looking shit up)
Digital Card Battle (fun as heck card game)
Cyber Sleuth (SMT-lite sort of RPG)

These are the best ones.

>Caring for a digimon is hard work
literally the best reason to play the game. shit taste

Whos' that fuccboi

is he a digimon

Fuck these niggas pkay Digimon World 2003 and start with the guilmon team then eork up to beelzemon

So are Gomamon's fish friends that he uses in attacks digimon too?

It baffles me too, because out of all Pokémon rip-offs franchises this one had the most potential. Yet it's run by a bunch of incompetent fucks that don't know how to rip-off Pokémon.

Yokai Watch kind of did it but it doesn't have the broad appeal Digimon had.

no but digimon has fuccboi digimon

Didn't the Digimon franchise come first though? And besides the Digimon games play closer to SMT than they do to Pokemon. (Heck SMT came before both)

Didn't you post this shit on Cred Forums?

Pokemon came first. Digimon came around as a boys version of Tamagotchi.

I like digimon more than pokemon but get your facts straight. Pokemon Red/Green came out in 1996. Digimon virtual pets came out in 1997

Ah right. I'd heard it came first, guess I should've done a fact-check. Sorry about that, user.

>Also every mon ends their name with -mon

That's because mon is a file extension, Agu.mon

Even following that silly head-canon doesn't really make sense when you think about it more than 30 seconds