Your appointment to FEMA should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with the Senator

Your appointment to FEMA should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with the Senator.

Other urls found in this thread:

genericname112.wixsite.com/gmdx
deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Physiopharmaceutical_augmentation
youtube.com/watch?v=bFnaLnztijA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I take it he was agreeable?

He didn't really have a choice.

Has he been infected>

Oh yes, most certainly. When I mentioned we could put him on the priority list for the Ambrosia vaccine, he was so willing it was almost pathetic.

U-UNATCO?

OH YES

MJ12 Trooper: *cough*

This plague -- the rioting is intensifying to the point where we may not be able to contain it.

Why contain it? Let it spill over into the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets. In the end, they'll beg us to save them.

>mfw there are numerous people on Cred Forums RIGHT NOW who see this thread and have no idea what the reference is

DON'T FUCK WITH A SENATOR!

brb re-installing

genericname112.wixsite.com/gmdx
Are your body is ready, Cred Forums?

>mfw these threads will encourage them to play it

You been spamming this thread for almost a week. Why now of all times?

>mfw it finished my self-debate about whether to play a different game or Deus Ex

does anyone have an infographic or a pastebin for deus ex mods?

I hope you made the correct choice

This shitposting - it's getting to the point where we may not be able to contain it.

I...
I...
I don't know what to choose anymore.

UNATCO better issue some hardware.

Stick with the Ambrosia in a warehouse protected by cameras and booby traps

who else reinstalled here?

i did a day ago, currently at airfield

Is there any Lets Play that compares to the Deus Ex Lecture series?

Old memes... are the future!

I've received reports of armed attacks on shipments. There's not enough vaccine to go around and the underclasses are starting to get desperate.

Desperate
Your turn

S'cool

I think the government made the plague on purpose to get rid of population growth

>and you can no longer power-throw corpses with the strength augmentation and splat them up walls like tomatoes for comical effect. GMDX is dedicated to retaining the original game's identity.
Aww man I liked that. Well at least it seems like they'll fix the glitch I was having with picking up corpses leaving a debug box behind.

This game is shit.

>This game is the shit.
ftfy

no

its shit

I did the navy shipyard level the other day. Currently at Everett's mansion in Paris. I'm currently convinced that the navy shipyard was the best level design I've ever seen.

Your mother sucks dwarf cock.

You keep forgetting the "the", dude.

You've got 10 seconds to beat it before I add you to the list of nsf casualties.

epic 4 the win

I'll be shocked if any of the sequels are nearly as good as DX1.

The level design is just mindblowing. Consistently.

Liberty Park
Majestic 12 -> Unatco
Hell's Kitchen is my least favorite but the rooftop sections are tight
Hong Kong is weird and awesome

Then Versa Life... that's just fucking amazing.

Then the shipyard. That was fucking crazy. The way you go from the big building then into the boat, and there are so many ways in and out. It's genius actually.

I'm kind of rushing through at this point because I want to finish.

When you take into account the level design plus all the crazy stuff going on inside of it, it makes it such a rich experience.

I really doubt HR or MD can offer that to be honest. Maybe I'm wrong.

Your meeting arranged in advance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency shall be finalized within the time period of the following seven consecutive days. I have also conducted a discussion on said manner with a member of the senate.

I understand that he was in agreement with the notion?

U REAVE NOW

Of course he's DESPERATE

No you're not, MD and HR are quite underwelming.

OLD MEN
L
D

M
E
N

Savage.

kek

>have massive popping issues with the sound on deus ex 1
>tried every possible fix i could find on the internet
>nothing fixes it

i just want to fucking have fun, why is this allowed?

Deus Ex > Human Revolution >>>>> Mankind Divided >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Invisible War >>> The Fall
Can we all agree?

>HR > MD
Nice meme.

Deus Ex can be played vanilla no problem, it's not like New Vegas.

There's a popular graphics enhancing mod on moddb if you want to pretty it up.

New Vegas can be played vanilla no problem, fuck off.

If you like the game to crash all the time, sure.

Deus Ex > MD > HR >>> Deus Ex GO >>>>> IW >>>>>>>> The Fall
ftfy

That's funny because the game doesn't crash after all the patches.

I does for a lot of people and there's still noticeable glitches present.

I didn't claim that, though. I claimed
HR >>>>> MD
You're missing a lot of greater than signs.

You're wrong though. Level design > story.

Yeah, for a lot of people that install shittons of mods.

Oh, without a doubt. In reality he didn't have a saying in it.

Is there a way to turn on the mirrors in DX10 renderer?

Is he alright?
With the flu going around and all...

He's not too good, he got infected. When I said we could put him on the priority list for the vaccine, he wanted it so much it was almost sad.

easy bro, we're just having a conversation

>that one asshole NSF grunt with all five senses augmented and telekinetic control over his bullets all aimed toward your head

UNATCO?

I don't remember this

Yeah man. Tons of people getting infected. Riots all over, not sure the police can handle this one.

Oh, you mean you've never come across that one guy in an area who seems to be able to hear your stomach grumbling in suprasonic frequencies from 500 meters away?

you're going to have to point out which one he is

It's random. That's the thing. And if he does manage to take you out, then on reload, he can be dumber than a UNATCO soldier.

Why enclose it? Just allow it to overflow into educational institutions and houses of God, allow the carcasses to rack up in the roadways. At the end, they'll plead for us to rescue them

Are there any games that have level design like DX? I mean big, expansive, multiple paths (that's not entirely necessary).

I can't think of anything else that comes close. Halo 1 was cool in terms of big buildings and shit. Deus Ex is special though.

Shipyard level: You get there, then have to break into the actual dock I believe... so I jumped over the wall. And then you approach this big area any way you want to get into the actual building. Each of these areas is so full of detail and these little memorable areas that feel real.

So after you get through the first few areas, you are descending down to a fucking huge ass boat. Into the boat... etc etc. And each part has details and little things to get past.

It's flawed but fun. What really kind of blew my mind was just how much more detailed and personal it all feels. Everything feels so methodical. It feels like a real place. And having the story and game engine the way it is, it's both very fun and easy to get into (unlike HR which is clunky in my opinion) and also has depth. It's in a league of its own.

As I was climbing out of the level on the ladder, it really did hit me how cool the levels are. It felt fucking epic in a way I don't usually feel with games.

Say what you want about Invisible War but Alex was hot

No I mean vanilla. My friend played vanilla until I got him YUP and his game crashed every so often and he clipped through the ground.

>no option to work for page
>No fleshed out UNATCO route
>No one thought to even mod it in

>It feels like a real place
It really doesn't and it's probably the biggest issue with the level design.

Some of the levels of the first FarCry were okay. You're in a boat facing a coast, where you need to go is linear but you've multiple landing options, then further inland you can go through a facility with an elevator or climb the mountain and shit.

I've barely touched Mankind Divided but I like Prague a lot, a very nice level of detail.

Maybe The Witcher 3 is like that in places? I haven't finished the second game and I want to play them all in sequence.

Dishonored is a good example as well I feel.

How would a UNATCO route even work?

The point of JC is that he can't do everything on a grand scale by himself, so reconstructing pure liberty as UNATCO was made to serve is a bit out of his depth. His options are limited to big drastic changes handing power to those ingrained deep enough to establish global control. Or to burn it all alternatively.

Working for Page would be stupid. He's communicated as a complete psychopath. Every indication of him towards you is that he wants you dead. Even when he's begging at the end he's clearly just trying to buy time.
And the concept of what the future were Bob to be successful is more powerful without being shown.

I'll be honest I haven't played it in so long but I'm sure it would be possible. Some of the enemies of Unatco had serious resources and manpower

Oh and another thing: The story itself kinda is the UNATCO route. With JC as the last loyal agent. He tries to fulfill their brief of doing the right thing for the people.

But you find out how fucked everything is and how the world is on the precipice of change. And your service to UNATCO ideals is to make the best decision you can.

Jeez why would page want the guy dead who has been working non stop to destroy what he worked so hard to create ? What a psychopath.

Anna Navarre was better desu familia

Fuck off, Robert.

That's reasonable behavior yes. I wasn't citing it as evidence for why he's a psychopath. That appears elsewhere, with Helios begging to merge with you before Bob can assimilate its processing power towards his own needs. And most of his general mannerisms and statements. It's pretty much guaranteed looking only at the opening cinematic. Especially after Simons is revealed to be so far beneath him despite the fact that he's still Page's closest servant.

I've never played this (beyond the statue of Liberty), should I play it vanilla or is there must-use mods? How's the Deus Ex: Revision mod?

just use kentie's launcher

or use gmdx if you want

Play it vanilla first. It's completely fine.

Then if you want more give Revision a try.
It's got most good mods, primarily; new textures(good or bad, up to each individual), new music(most people will agree this is a terrible idea, but you can easily keep vanilla music) and redesigned levels(the primary feature. The original's levels are its strongest point, but this manages to avoid how bland secondary playthroughs can be.)

That's a glitch right, but..
>Versalife scientists say they've already started putting psionic agents in the field
>in the field
>motherfucking psionic motherfuckers either dominating the battlefield or infiltrating the enemy ranks

All in all, it's most definitely some sort of glitch. But god damn it just makes so much sense. Mankind Divided teased transgenics and greys, here's hoping we get a peep of the program that makes these psychic bastards.

Thx anons!

Are you sure that's not referencing the men and women in black? Because they're deeply mindfucked as part of their augmentation.

Nope, these guys are described as glowing motherfuckers.

The homeless kidnapped the soldiers

>psionic agents in the field
I thought I was playing Deus Ex, not fucking System Shock.

System Shock 3's gonna have a Dragon Tooth Sword

I'm hoping it will have good gameplay before that, since SS1 and SS2 delivered on that front.

THEY were the ones

I'm already playing Revision, it's good enough. Maybe in a few more years.

>Simons is revealed to be so far beneath him
Wait, where is this?

A NEW AGE
EW GE
NW A E
E G
WA E
G
AE
G
E

>most people will agree this is a terrible idea
The idea may have not been so great, but the result is actually pretty good.

Yes... a New Age. Too bad you will not be alive to see it.

> people give mass effect shit for the dial-an-ending thing
> but not to DE or DEHR

>DX1
>dial-an-ending
Also, ME copied DX ending straight.

>"You take another step forward, and here I am again, like your own reflection repeated in a hall of mirrors."
>"That makes me one ugly son-of-a-bitch."

>DE
>dial-an-ending
Literally end your life, you fucking mongoloid.

>"How'd my face get all marked up in bio-electrics?"

The ending you get is decided at the end. That's dial-an-ending.

>a decent series with a lackluster third game promises all your choices to affect the ultimate ending, then just discards all of that and tells you to pick your favorite color out of three
vs
>great self-contained games with admittedly shitty endings

There.

If nothing works on Win, play it on Linux with the OpenGL renderer

no the x in black people are deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Physiopharmaceutical_augmentation

DX gets a free pass because it puts a bare modicum of effort into differentiating them in the last level. You have to fulfill different objectives to get the ending you want, those objectives are spread out across the level and guarded by enemies.

and everyone gave HR shit for the literal 'push button, receive ending' thing

>a decent series with a lackluster third game
Deus Ex? :^)

>The ending you get is decided at the end
Jesus, how is it possible for someone to be this stupid? There's not even a word for it. Moron doesn't even begin to describe it.
Thank you for raising my spirits, because even when I feel as down to earth as a person can feel, I will always, always remember that I am never going to be as retarded as you.

Nice non-argument, retrogaming cuck.

Endings wise:

MD > IW > DX1 > HR

>ME copied DX ending straight.

>Unplug the entire technological grid/Put the Illuminati back in power in exchange for membership/Merge with an AI and become a proactive god to humanity
>Sacrifice yourself to kill all robots, including your allies/Sacrifice yourself to force the evil robots to help meatfolk/Sacrifice yourself to turn everyone into cyborgs
nah

You think that's funny, you faggot? You think I didn't expect this kind of reply? You think it's fine when the rest of the sentence clearly doesn't apply at all?
You've got 10 seconds to beat it before I add you to the list of NSF casualties.

youtube.com/watch?v=bFnaLnztijA

Well I wasn't expecting that

Well done!

>MD >

Holy kek, is that the default throwing strength or with Combat Strength?

Paris > everything else, at least atmosphere-wise.

Agreed, though MD could really use a stricter time-limit.

Not stated, I just felt like it was incredibly apparent. Just in how Page uses him. Shooting plasma at a rogue agent in a secret ocean lab or the smoldering crater of a nuclear strike site. Meanwhile Page is ascending to become an immortal all-consuming all-processing swarm of nanites

Flatlander woman

Huh. Good points. However, that wasn't really the relationship I got between the two.

To me, it seemed more like they were co-conspirators. Page was the planner, Walton was the executioner.
Think about it. Page is a weakling. If Page betrayed Simons, he'd eat a faceful of plasma.

Ascending or ending the human race in IW are the best endings for the series

>Deus Ex deserves the worst endings possible
That's harsh, man.

>not omar ending

Pleb Tier:
Tong ending. What the fuck? You WANT to throw humanity into a neo-feudalist ayncrap nightmare?

Semi-Pleb Tier:
Everett ending. It's meh. Kind of a dick move, but whatever.

Transhumanist-Patrician-God Tier:
Helios ending. Objectively the best.

thats the human race wiped out ending

>Helios
>good
Humanity is better off without you.

Use Deus EXE, set the audio latency higher

Or try using the OpenAL renderer and make sure Dsound is unchecked

Prove me wrong.

Protip: you can't.

Thief 1&2 nigga

Is that a mod?

The Helios ending is basically Ghost in the Shell's ending.

Hell, the trope goes back farther than that.

>Thief 2
I will never get over how the game would have been if it hadn't been rushed.
"Trace the Courier" and "Casing the Joint" are both bad missions, the former because it rehashes a map from before, the latter because it uses the same map as "Masks", but limits your approaches (you absolutely must not be seen by anybody).
What a fucking shame, every other level is fantastic, except maybe "Kidnap" which reuses a map from Thief 1, but even then, the map has been changed so it's not exactly the same.

that's gmdx, but he cheated and got max strength augs in the tutorial

>No one thought to even mod it in
>even
>to replace the entire second half of the game with voice lines and endings
an expected level of idiocy form a frank poster

>Voice acting

Who cares? Not needed.

He was a good man. What a rotten way to die.

I've never had to work a dial with both my arms to get it to point to the setting that I want.

Shit tier:
Tong

Shit that doesn't even make sense tier:
Illuminati

Literally kill yourself along with humanity tier:
Helios

>MD DLC being released next week

will you be buying it day 1 Cred Forums or waiting for it to go on sale since its clearly cut content?

I'll wait for Cred Forums's verdict

???
Nobody dies in the Helios ending.

Yeah I got that as well. And they seem to be in a fairly equal relationship in the beginning. It's just by the end that Simons is basically a glorified goon and Page runs the western world.

Their relationship I feel is one of the weaker parts of the game as far as explanation goes.

I do adore Page's endgame though.
You play through the lot and you see it as the new boss finishing the cleanup and about to become the dictator of the world, using technological viruses to destroy all opposition.
Which is pretty high stakes. But then his metamorphosis at the end makes to make the stakes higher.

IW.

He's implying JC's mind is obliterated to make room for the AI, though the words he speaks after argues a bit against that.
I'm assuming he believes that the AI is malevolent as well. But again, the Helios-JC voice reassures the player/himself that he's going to try and fix things.

IW's setting tells us that a combination of Merge and Anarchy endings take place. Not just the Merge.

>dx1
>dial an ending
the baits are starting to get desperate

>TNM will never be taken seriously and rightfully aknowledged as better than the base game because of internet references

your turn