Are AAA horror games dead now? When was the last good one?

Are AAA horror games dead now? When was the last good one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tCOIZDttei4
youtube.com/watch?v=mYj3PRVkN70
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

alien isolation was the last decent one i'd say

Outlast was good too, in the same style. Outlast 2 is coming out early next year at least. Horror games in general took an artery slice because of 'streamer' culture for the past 5 years. I fucking hate how devs or publishers cater to that miserable cancer.

I dunno, naked guys with wieners were inherently less scary for me than a fucking killing machine from outer space.

>Dicklast
>scary

It was a game for streamers what you've just been crying over.

So I take it you weren't scared by Penumbra either?

AAA horror nowadays will be just trying to grab youtube watchers buying their game. I'd much rather sift through indie stuff since it's possible to be good.

Was Fractured Memories any good? I think it came out on the app store and is meant to come to ps4 this year at some point with an overhaul in controls and gameplay. Extra content too. Looked promising but not somethin I'd want to play as a phone app. Guy Cihi does some VA work for it which is a nice touch. Just hope its good since it looked like it was at least trying to capture a classic horror game feel.

I think first one was full of wolves from the beginning, then it was spiders and finally ayylmaos. The choice of enemies felt like a cheap SNES platformer.
It was still scary enough because it was the first game like that I ever played.

Those unkillable dogs really made Penumbra lame.

I definitely prefer Alien: Isolation, and I've been replaying it lately - but if we're talking contemporary horror games, "Dicklast" and A:I are basically it. A:I being the last great horror game, obviously.

I'll still never get over IGN dishing out the lowest score

>pic related

what is a "great" Alien game if not Alien: Isolation? He probably prefers 'Aliens' over 'Alien'.

>ayylmaos

Stop upsetting Loli.

youtube.com/watch?v=tCOIZDttei4

Are we counting PT as a AAA title? Because if so, I'd say that was the most recent, "best" horror game.

They were killable. You had to combo them. They had regenerating HP. If you knocked them down and kept knocking them down they'd die. Easiest with the pick.

>He probably prefers 'Aliens' over 'Alien'.

So does literally everyone else. Alien 3 was where it went downhill.

I wish the Evil Within didn't go to shit after the first 4 chapters

We're counting games that were actually finished and released.

Lone Survivor is a decent Silent Hill-esque indie game (except it's in 2D with "retro" graphics).
It's very short though so I wouldn't recommend buying it, at least not full price.

Aliens is not horror, like Alien is horror. Aliens would translate to a game very well though - so I'm not sure how they could always fuck it up. Shitty publishers and holding the license hostage doesn't help I'm sure.

Aliens vs Predator 2 was pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=mYj3PRVkN70

>browsing the wiki for this game
>reading the comments
>mfw

Leave AAA horror to me.

I mean you had to admit, their groin tubes made them pretty comical

We just got Fatal frame 5: Maiden of Black water. So no. It's def. not dead. Man that was awesome.

Could do with a good silent hill again though.

Not gonna happen, that's like asking for another God Hand or Okami.

Optimism.

Even if we were getting another Silent Hill it would be shitty western crap, of the same quality we've been getting for the last decade.