>Elf character uses an axe
>Human uses magic
>Dwarf uses a bow

>the elves live in trees
>the dwarfs live in the mountains and underground
>the humans live literally everywhere

>Elf uses a bow
>Human uses a sword
>Dorf uses hammers and fists and other enemies and tactical body slam drone strikes

>elf uses everything
>human uses everything
>dwarf uses everything except magic

>>Dwarf uses a bow
imagine the bows if they were the regular burly dwarf

>implying it wouldnt be a gun

What is this elf faggotry doing here?

>elf is a tall human
>dwarf is a small human
>humans are the youngest race in the setting

>elf is calm and collected
>dwarf is rash and quick to argue
>human is inbetween

Dwarfs would use crossbows and you know it.

>human lifespan is approximately 80 to 90 years
>elf and dwarf lifespan is over 300 years

What started this trend

>elf uses a katana
>human uses a razor blade
>dwarf uses a scythe

>why_not_both.jpg

Its the undeniable truth man

What do you think?

>monkey character uses bo staff

Norse myth

ur mom's new bf?

>elf uses pistol
>human uses throwing knives
>dwarf uses a fucking keyboard

>Dwarf uses magic
>Human is an assassin
>Elf is a tank

>Dwarves are Irish
Y tho?

>elf uses forbidden arts
>human uses holy power
>dwarf uses the power of friendship

>imagine the bows if they were the regular burly dwarf
>What is this elf faggotry doing here?
>Dwarfs would use crossbows and you know it.

Dwarves are known as good archers in C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia series.

At the final battle of all time the dwarves all sit hiding among rocks taking pot shots with their bows at both sides.

>What started this trend

It has roots in Nordic myth but it was Tolkien who popularized it, just like everything else.

C.S. Lewis: 1
Everything else:2

>irish uses potatoes
>australian uses shrimps
>nigger uses chicken drumstick

>Orcs rape
>Elves get raped
>humans is cucked

Chronicles of Narnia are totally divorced from typical fantasy races

>DEX vs STR

>humans are known for their charisma and diplomacy when dealing with other races.

>Chronicles of Narnia are totally divorced from typical fantasy races

Because Lewis was a contemporary of Tolkien who cemented the typical fantasy races.

If it was Lewis' work that everyone latched on to for the fantasy races almost every fantasy game would be different.

>talking animals everywhere
>horses, wild cats, beavers
>fauns
>dwarves
>no elves

>Human: "We abolished war almost a century ago"

>Giant robot character uses a beam saber

I wasn't arguing why it was

>the weapon of the hero is an executioner's axe

>I wasn't arguing why it was

I know, pookie-boo. I was just widening the convo.

>tactical body slamming drones

I would like to see this.

>elf uses hand to hand martial arts
>human uses katana
>dwarf uses axechucks

>Elf uses nature magic
>humans use holy/dark magic
>dwarves use the power OF ROCK

who you callin' pookie-boo?

>>the weapon of the hero is an executioner's axe

>The heroes weapon is a two handed executioners sword with a blunt tip and a hollow blade with mercury in it that changes the center of gravity when it is swung, increasing the cutting power without decreasing nimbleness.

>humans are witty, silver tongued diplomats
>elves are frighteningly strong for their size
>dwarves use their heads as axes

>Warmongering elves
>Peacenik orcs
>Hard-working industrialist hobbits
>Pastoral and laid back humans

>humans are the jack-of-all trades while other races specialize in only certain roles

>a hollow blade with mercury in it that changes the center of gravity when it is swung
There's no way this shit ever actually existed.

>Dwarves were advanced technologically but lost their kingdom due to greed/some other bullshit

>elves use bows and magic
>humans and dwarves use elves

>elf uses their own long hair and sticks as bow and arrow
>humans use karate chops like swords cutting through things
>dwarves have axes for beards

>hollow blade with mercury in it that changes the center of gravity when it is swung

would that actually work? I mean the sword would probably break really easily, but if it didn't, do the physics check out?

>humans weave slave-beings of malice and shadow using the power of enchanted stones embedded in their skin by ancient aliens
>elves are psychic, writhing masses of tentacles that harvest souls to power their doom engine
>dwarves use axes

Fuckin Elder Scrolls bullshit.
"Dwarves were the only ones that knew how to make their fancy dwarven ingot shit"
Cool. I'll just tear that shit off the walls and smelt it down then, shall I? And somehow miraculously make and IDENTICAL REPLICA of their weaponry/armor with it, despite not knowing anything about their supposed magical fuckin smithing techniques.

But Dwarfs use hammers you faggot

Name 394 games that do this.

I always kinda liked it. I mean look at the other races. They usually specialize hardcore but humans do all kinds of shit and travel all over and have variations on skin color and facial features etc.

I mean they could do the same for the other races but it's kinda neat as is.

It's from the Book of the New Sun series of books by Gene Wolfe.

I'm sure it could be done with modern technology. In the books it's a world with an understated setting with a mix of primitive and high technology. It's a mix of sci-fi and fantasy, kind of.

the worst

They could make variations in other races like skin color and stuff but they always fuck it up.

For instance you have humans. Well white skin humans are from where you'd imagine and the dark skinned humans are from tropical places but when you get to dwarves they put all the black dwarves underground with the white ones. Why not light skinned dwarves underground and dark skinned ones around somewhere outside, like I dunno. Living around a volcano or something? Or on snow topped mountain peaks up super high?

Metropolitan societies where everyone get's along and lives together in fantasy make me sick.

>Human girl is spunky and cheerful
>Elf girl is arrogant, stiff and often condescending
>Orc girl is brash, stupid and aggressive

and the dwarf girl is perfect right?

>female character is the archer/magic user

Alright this drives me nuts. You gotta have some pretty decent arms to fire off a bow and these scrawny lil women do not usually have this. Also they lack depth perception.

And magic users are usually highly intelligent scholars, not emotional basket cases who lose their minds seven days out of the month.

Dwarf girl has a beard and speaks like a Scottish man.

You can only tell her gender if you flip her over and look at her under bits.

Don't be talkin' shit about best race

well that's dissapointing

>expecting skyrim to be consistent

>elves uses magic wnd bows
>humans uses any melee weapons
>dwarves uses machinery

>Best race
>Not lizards

Plebeian please.

Don't worry Dwarvish men feel the same way.

Where did the dwarves have machines and guns and electricity even fucking come from?

That's not a Tolkien thing either.

>dick-ass thief uses daggers
>hippie shit elf uses bow
>boorish dwarf uses axe or hammer
>boring human uses sword, maybe shield
>??? uses polearm

>dwarves live underground in mountains/caves/mines
>their primary weapon is an axe

It doesn't make much sense

Humans will fill up that ???

In my mind the dwarves primary weapon will always be a hammer

>What are Lizardmen?

Orcs are just blacks, desu.

I wonder what it feels like to step on her jaw on the battlefield, and push down with all your weight.
I'll bet the feel of excess bone crunching would feel great.

What would it feel like to kiss her afterwards? After you pick up her limp body and force your tongue down her trashed mouth? Greedily exploring whatever remains. I think it would hurt, so she would resist feebly.

Kind of like a burlap sack of rocks that was left outside during the rain.

I thought blacks are the blacks?

>it's a fantasy setting, a world where everything could be possible and only your imagination is the limit
>it's a Tolkien knock-off

>greenskin scum
>best race
Shaking my head at you familia des

Orcs are at least Bronze Age

>wearing warpaint with a dress, on date night

Sounds like my typical JRPG moe rpg

Why would a humanoid as small as a Dwarf ever use an axe? They are meant for swinging and need leverage to swing as hard as possible.

You can't generate that kind of swinging power when you are small enough to be able to walk underneath a horse. Dwarves should be armed with shields and short swords.

It's the warpaint of romance you uncultured swine.

What about brown/red Orcs?

Orcs are not exactly known for their intelligence or basic social awareness.

>dick-ass thief uses a knife in hand-to-hand combat like he's some kind of commando, and completely ruining the point of stealth and subterfuge

>Why would a humanoid as small as a Dwarf ever use an axe? They are meant for swinging and need leverage to swing as hard as possible.

They are stronger than humans, like chimpanzees.

>Thieves haven't had Blackjacks as primary weapons in years

Romance is a concept that orcs are incapable of understanding and experiencing user.

Before it became politically incorrect, races in fantasy and science fiction used to represent human races.

>Orc Paladin
>Dark Elf Shaman
>High Elf Psionicist
>Goblin Wizard
I-It makes sense in my setting!

>Dwarf girl has a beard and speaks like a Scottish man.
>You can only tell her gender if you flip her over and look at her under bits.

And only after you cut through 12 inches of ginger pubic hair with a pair of sheep shears.

>tfw you will never remove orc scum with extreme prejudice
feelsprettybadman.

>Orc Paladin

Fucking top tier tastes friendo.

>And only after you cut through 12 inches of ginger pubic hair with a pair of sheep shears.

>And only after you cut through 12 inches of ginger pubic hair with a pair of sheep shears.
Thats just part of Scottish foreplay desu.

Orcs are too degenerate to be Paladins

>>??? uses polearm

Leek-men, from the swamps of Golushum.

>humans are greedy
>dwarves are all alcoholics
>elves are into incest

Dwarves with axes I can kinda get. Like... if I recall, traditionally stories about dwarves and knockermen originate from mines. A miner would be down there, slowly chipping away at the stone and trying to find a seam of ore or whatever. And then he either sees a dwarf or hears it knocking on the walls and follows the sound. Either way, the dwarf will lead humans to rare metals and minerals. But it was important to thank the dwarf or leave some behind for it, otherwise you would get bad luck and the dwarf might knock on the walls so hard the mines cave in next time.

So in other words, dwarves have always been associated with mines. It's probably why dwarf engineering exists, because the assumption is that if dwarves know about all of these ores and metals and shit then they also know how to process them. Mining and blacksmithing is very physical, so you end up with a character that has a lot of sheer physical strength. And what better way to visually show that than with an axe or hammer or some other heavy weapon?

Fucked if I know why elves use bows though. Aren't elves supposed to be spirits that look like women from the front but gnarled trees from behind originally?

Depends on the setting

>>dwarves live underground in mountains/caves/mines
>>their primary weapon is an axe
>It doesn't make much sense

The axe is a purely for war, like a sword is to a human.

>Human uses a spear
>Dwarf uses a spear
>Elf gets speared

Most races have some sort of god/faith

I'm going to play a Berserker/Paladin and love every minute of it

here. I just forgot I'm on Cred Forums, not /tg/.

Lawful Good Orc religion? Please.

>Protagonist's giant robot is always very human looking
>Enemies use designs that are either humanoid but have something odd about them like a cyclops eye or aren't humanoid at all

Boy, we're really demonizing the enemy now.

>Protagonist is human and uses a sword

>implying orc paladins wouldn't be neutral/chaotic good defenders, demonstrating their innate strength gives them the power to protect and defend the innocent

If it's an All Orc setting, why not?

It's not like they're completely devoid of compassion towards their own race

So, a bro you can have drinks with and fuck without it being gay? Clearly the best girl of the lot

>Protagonist used to be Human and uses a Rapier

What's the hottest fictional race in media and why is it fem draenei?

>human lifespan is approximately 80 to 90 years
>in a medieval setting
Insanely triggered

>elves are too intelligent to like humans
>dwarves don't have females
>orcs don't know how to not rape
>giants are too big to feel pleasure from small folk

What race would have sex with humans?

You know why

>Whites uses shotgun
>Niggers uses fists
>Asians uses katana

Aren't they just humans but with horns and tails? There are plenty of other MMOs that have similar races, and with better graphics too

>elves are too intelligent to like humans
No one said something about love

Well if it's fantasy, they have magic potions and Healers and shit.

Sorry I'm one of like three people in the world who like them without giant horse cocks

ANd hooves

mmmmMMMMMM

Goblins are probably size queens

hello fellow Vanillaware fan

well, they have to show who is the villain here obviously

The guardsmen who get killed the very minute shit goes down.

>tfw no paladin class in Shadowrun

>>it's a fantasy setting, a world where everything could be possible and only your imagination is the limit
>>it's a Tolkien knock-off

It's a shame. Here I'll do something fresh right here at this moment.

1. Bird people. Female is humanoid with hawk legs, talon hands, human torso, wings on the back and a semi-bird face with beak. They lay eggs. Males are just human because lol. They live mainly in burrows underground, like ground owls, because giant diurnal bats prey on them from the sky during the day

2. Leek-men from the swamps with dense tree cover. Plant people. They use bows and tridents and set traps for enemies. They wear tartan kilts. Their young are planted in the ground in rice paddy type things. Experts in camouflage.

3. Nocturnal people with an extra eye on their forehead like Tian from DBZ. They live in elaborate underground towns and are pale white with white hair. Expert in magic, blinded by bright light

4. Athletic, dark skinned humans with manes and cat ears. Males have lion heads. They build pyramids and have large cities. They raise and train giant, carnivorous, diurnal bats and ride on them. They capture prisoners from the other groups and sacrifice them like the Aztecs did.

What's the sauce?

>OP dual wields cocks

All the more reason to step up your fucking game, senpai.

Human lifespan has always roughly been 70-90 years if well fed and leading a healthy life.

The average age was skewed low because so many poor lead such a hard and unhealthy life that disease, malnutrition and violence were more likely to kill you than old age. But for the rich and the well off living to 80-90 isn't really unheard of or that rare.

Just go look at the popes plenty of them lived to see their 70s and 80s.

More like
>Human; sword
>Elf; bow
>Orc; axe
>Dwarf; hammer

>elves have longer lifespans just because
This always pisses me off, why should they deserve this shit just for being born

>dark skinned humans
>pyramids
Did someone say KANGZ

>That's not a Tolkien thing either.
They were more technologically advanced in their works, though.

Draenei are fucking shit.

Lizard girls are where it's at.

>Humans - stealth archery
>Elves - archery while being stealth
>Dwarves - sneaky bows and arrows
>Orcs - secret PEW PEW PEW

Literally a Street Sam trying to do good and immadietly getting fucked over for it, because "Forget it chummer, it's Sixth World

fucking Ramesses II got to 90 in the 12th century BC

elf privilege

Not really, elves were still the best at everything, including smithing and stuff. It's Tolkien after all

Numenoreans had ballistic rockets and ships made of steel, Dwarves were smalltime

Goblins are for ______

Dorfs are still pretty good Elves are just better at magic, their best smithing shit is magic swords and the rings which they were taught to make.

Uh what? No.
>what is mithril

That's like getting mad at your pet turtle because it lives longer than you

It doesn't have any more control over its lifespan than you or a fly, short of committing sudoku

>their best smithing shit is magic swords and the rings which they were taught to make.
Which was still miles ahead of anything the dwarves could produce. The only thing the dwarves had going for them was Mithril.

muhammed spotted
Nobody likes to fuck goats except for you

The formula to living to be 90 isn't really that difficult.

>Eat a balanced diet
>Don't under eat
>Don't over eat
>Don't become overly sedentary
>Don't become overly active
>Don't get yourself killed
>Have good genetics

That's about it really and that's been true for all human history. The last two are probably the hardest ones though.

>why are orcs just stronger?
>why do elves just live longer?
>why do dwarves just have all the technology?

Because it's fucking fantasy, with certain tropes. If you don't like it, you can make something of your own and fail like everyone trying to force "originality"

Actually yeah I forgot about Feanor. But one genius elf doesn't make them technologically superior
>Numenoreans
I don't remember that, but that's pretty cool if it's true.

We don't even call them shrimp you bloody seppo

>produce kickass magic swords and rings that give the wielder fantastic powers while also making him more or less deathless
>can work a metal that is insanely hard and durable while also being light af
Gee, I wonder what's better

>Humans have longer lifespans just because
This always pisses me off, why should they deserve this shit just for being born

>Actually yeah I forgot about Feanor. But one genius elf doesn't make them technologically superior
But what were the examples of Dwarven technology in the books? Or are you saying that they had better technology because decades of derivative works have convinced you of that?

>that one dark elf smith
>the smiths of Gondolin and the other high elf kingdoms
>fucking Celebrimbor
The Silmarillion was pure dickriding

>This always pisses me off, why should they deserve this shit just for being born

You are just a wolf, taken by man and twisted by his malice into a weak and degenerate being of hate and destruction.

>Numenoreans had ballistic rockets and ships made of steel,
I still don't get how thousands of years has passed in the Tolkien universe yet not one person has bothered to master the process of gunpowder. Guns would quite frankly change the entire landscape of war to a point of fair competition. Swords and magic don't have shit on actual decent firepower.

>Humans a literally Morgoth
>Doggos are our orcs

Magic makes people lazy.

>Why invent X to do Y when I can just cast a spell to do Y

Magic and shit. Maybe there's no sulphur in Middle Earth

>bringing up medieval in a fantasy thread

Sakuya uses pads.

Didn't someone actually brew up a crude mix of gunpowder for bombs tho? Like a very course set of gunpowder in one of the movies?

go on...

Because Tolkien wanted it that way. He hated technology.

so not different from real life then?

Because the only people that would care about it (humans) have been thrown back in the stone age some few thousand years prior
Magic in LOTR is not "+5 Fireball", and almost nobody has access to it anyway
That's just how PJ interpreted whatever Saruman used to blow up the wall in Helm's Deep

>Elf uses DAT CORE

>Game has a fantasy setting
>It's during a fuax-medieval era

Turns out elves were the first to use mithril. I concede my point that dwarves were the most technologically advanced. Fuck you Tolkien, get off the elf cock.

In Tolkien's mind, technology separates us from nature. Why do you think Hobbits vanish from us entirely during the industrial age (according to his intro)

Not entirely sure on how good the info here is but:
wiki.lindefirion.net/WeaponsOfMiddleEarth
>Greek fire
>compound bows
>coal driven ironclad Dreadnoughts
>fucking black powder rockets
Yikes

Did you literally not pay attention to the whole sub plot of magic is dying and humans are becoming more technologically advanced that's why Elves were being assholes if they helped it would mean the end of the age of magic and the end of them.

You are aware the Quenta Silmarillion is an in canon book written by the fucking elves.

Of course in their history they were fucking amazing.

>hiding her spear

What's the difference between a dwarf and a hobbit? Both are basically short humans after all.

Implying if I buried my face in some oversized pussy the giantess wouldn't love it

Dorf strong and adventurous Hobbit fat and lazy

>You are aware the Quenta Silmarillion is an in canon book written by the fucking elves.
Not him, but I was not aware of that. Makes sense though, since it only follows them, really.

Dwarves are Jews, Hobbits are jolly Englishmen

>wood cutting axes are the same as battle axes
No
War axes have thin blades, are lighter and more maneuverable

Wood axes have very heavy heads and aren't suited for combat

>tfw basically no pieces of media with qt bug girls

>two races live undergound
Shit

Makes sense, elves being really old and all. They do stop singing and fucking every so often and get down to some actual work.

>dwarves that fuck everything up in the mines of moria are cool though

Dude why?

>you will never date this qt orc girl

Dwarves are literal retards and are getting their own race killed

>fantasy setting
>has intelligent non human races
Dropped

>humans and fucking orcs develop technology
>elves die
>hobbits die
>dwarves die
>giant spiders die
>ents die
>balrogs die
>only human, orcs and goblins left
What a glorious world.

>they build a gun big enough to hunt Ancalagon the Black
I'd pay to watch that.

Elf character uses a bow made out of humans
Human uses a sword made out of elves
Dwarf uses an axe made out of axes

>implying dating is not a battle of dominance and control

>lawcucks

>Paladin
>Not Lawful Good
Might as well be some faggot warrior then

But its pretty much a universally accepted fact that technology will always beat magic. Always. Elves are just afraid of the natural process known as Evolution.

In case you didn't already know all the middle earth book by Tolkien were in canon books.

>The Hobbit
There and Back Again by Bilbo Baggins
>The Lord of the Rings
The Downfall of the Lord of the Rings and the Return of the King by Frodo Baggins

The Silmarillion is a collection of the different books that Bilbo translated while in Rivendell
The Ainulindalë, The Valaquenta, The Quenta Silmarillion and Akallabêth. So anything in them could be skewed to that of an Elvish point of view or an Elvish version of history. And since no one else was writing down history beside the elves we kinda just have to go with their version of things.

>>dwarf uses an axe
>not a hammer
That's a grudging.

>implying paladins follow the law instead of their own doctrine that happens to be good

>Paladins
>anything but humongous dick cheese slurping gaylords
Lol.

>the one black character there is just the token comic relief character

>reading a fantasy book
>has a race of insect people
>they're literally just a human with an insect head

I mean, the cactus people made up for it, but it still felt lazy.

triggered

>Dragon uses katana

That's probably the worst mobile infantry design I've ever seen.

Babylonian dwarfs > Irish/Scottish dwarfs.

Fucking elves man

They're too thirsty

Played 1 and 2 a ton as a kid, Champions of Norrath and CTA as well

Yeah I knew the other books were in-canon books. Silmarillion read so differently though. But that's pretty cool and just makes me appreciate Tolkien's world building skills even more.

Sakuya is my waifu.

Why do elves always try to goad and trick poor, honest orcs into doing bad things?

STOP SPECIES PROFILING!

#ORCLIVESMATTER

>implying ~85% of fantasy aren't set in medieval settings

Why would a Dragon need that?

there is no such game exists

I am genuinely annoyed that there are no doujins or pornography in general that involves elf men raping orcish women.

Still lovely regardless

slaying

>industrialist, militant godslayer beast race
>faggy, pastoral god-dick sucking humans

source?

Will this suffice?
exhentai.org/g/967833/8481d97039/

We Must Expose the Wickedness of Orcs to the World! [Jingai]

Not at all.

That's like the exact opposite.

Who needs a railway gun when you have this handsome son of a bitch riding his magic space ship?

Has there ever been a fantasy setting that was set in the future? Like, not "aliens that totally aren't elves/orcs/etc", but a fantasy world with humans, elves, orcs, etc. that has gone through the course of history and all the races have reached a futuristic point in tech advancement, ie space ships and laser guns and such?

I feel like "fantasy world but in the far future" is an interesting scenario that no one has ever touched on before.
>Elves go from bows and elf magic to accurate laser weaponry and precision-flying aircrafts, the elite of the biggest societies are snooty elves
>Orcs go to high-tech melee weapons and heavy-armored vehicles, they've got large territories and are difficult to contest with
>Dwarfs build mega-cities full of tech and rule the ore industries, robot warriors do all their fighting
Shit like that would be cool to explore.

Thanks my man

2006 called and want its memes back.

You're just making aliens that are based off fantasy tropes, though. And for that matter many aliens are based off of fantasy counterparts like the high tech, high damage guys and what not.

source on this orc bullying

>highly advanced technosorcery faction in an otherwise primitive setting
>it's always some fucking midget species
For god's sake, tell me ONE vidya setting where the super advanced precursors or whatever were not goddamned manlets!

A lot of the later stuff is from the Red Book of Westmarch, which is a mix of hobbit ancestry and Gondorian history. It might still be pretty skewed though
>tfw Sauron was the good guy all along

Star Ocean kind of does that, except you start out on a backwater medieval tech planet and end up running into advanced spacefarers from a different race.

Np

Like all evolving on the same world? It would kind of be the same as if they were all from different worlds, except you'd have to invent new antagonists because they'd all be more-or-less allies by that point. How else could they advance so far without wiping each other out?

>2006? it can't be that old...
Fuck.

>mfw porn of elf women raping orc men

Shadowrun Hong Kong
Your move, mr star

see

>Elves go from bows and elf magic to accurate laser weaponry and precision-flying aircrafts, the elite of the biggest societies are snooty elves
Eldar
>Orcs go to high-tech melee weapons and heavy-armored vehicles, they've got large territories and are difficult to contest with
Orks
>Dwarfs build mega-cities full of tech and rule the ore industries, robot warriors do all their fighting
Formerly the Squats.

Sounds pretty lame

>not orc women raping human/elf young fragile men

GOD DAMNIT JUST SUCK HIS DICK ALREADY!

>no sci-fi setting where battles are between different worlds instead of individual races

>no humans, elves, dwarves and shit to unite and fight against technologically advanced alien species

Don't they include baby deaths in those age statistics?

Why is she so racist? He's just trying to live his life.

Well they were just simple examples, but it'd be neat to see a fantasy world that develops and actually progresses to industrial and modern and futuristic ages. How would each race develop their modern societies? How would their cliche strengths and weaknesses in fantasy worlds evolve in the futuristic setting? How would magic play out?
>Like all evolving on the same world?
Perfect way to put it, yes.
>because they'd all be more-or-less allies by that point. How else could they advance so far without wiping each other out?
Well I mean look at our world and the past 50 years of human history. Maybe the elves and orcs never got along, maybe there's two mega-factions between the different races, there's potential for a lot of stuff to happen.

do you happen to be a shy, ugly man?

Too lewd. Unsuitable for an orcish-samurai-training forum.

yepp. People lived around the same age in those days as today only that the plague and other shit has seriously made the statistics really sketchy.

That makes two of us
Why is it so hard to find non futa Draenei porn?

>Humans use whatever the fuck they want
>Other races are restricted to more lore-friendly options

I need more

>Heavy armoured vehicles
kek

>I feel like "fantasy world but in the far future" is an interesting scenario that no one has ever touched on before.

>elves
>pure and mystical beings with an advanced culture, long life spans, live a serene and peaceful existence but still have enough martial prowess to defend themselves

>dwarves
>ingenious, elaborate fortresses, have great feats of engineering, know how to enjoy life with good food and drink and community

>humans
>scum of the earth, constantly getting into petty wars, reject both magic and higher thinking in favor of zealotry, mostly shit-smeared peasants whose idea of a cultural experience is a public execution, barely a step about goblins

Why are humans so shit?

Why not take the dwarvish route and have both?

>orks
>high-tech melee weapons
Sure looks high-tech in here

dragon age?

There needs to be more humans and orcs teaming up against elves and dwarves, the oldfags of the world.

Yeah but I find it hard to imagine a world that gets to that level of technology while still waging wars on one another. The first one to develop the advanced tech needed to go interplanetary would also likely wipe out the other races. Even if they developed tech simultaneously, they'd still have to be more-or-less allied to move off the planet. Just like we'll probably have to.

Elves get off my board, you're not welcome on /tg/ and you're not welcome here

Are you implying they aren't? Because Ork technology runs on the basis of positive thinking and experimentation. No one other then Orks can make Ork weapons work effectively enough to shred foes like swiss cheese.

The idea that dwarves use hammers is fucking retarded imo. If you are half the size of the people you are going to be fighting then you probably don't want a blunt object that could only do damage if you aim at the knees. If they are fighting other dwarves, dwarves by nature are stocky as fuck. They would probably take a hammer blow better than any other race.

In reality, they would use spears like the dwarven phalanx to give them a reach like in LOTR.

t. subhuman

>Why not take the dwarvish route and have both?

The hammer side should have a tube in the center of it with a black powder charge that explodes when the hammer hits something metal, shooting a spike of steel into the thing being hit.

>asking this question on Cred Forums

>In reality, they would use spears like the dwarven phalanx to give them a reach like in LOTR.

Pikes are very bad for penetrating armour. They can't penetrate armour at all. They hammer is for smashing bone beneath plate armour.

>40k
That's such a shitshow of conflicting lore and revised stories that it's not really a coherent world.

Well, they aren't high-tech at all, they're literally space magic while mostly being below modern-day levels of tech

>Why are humans so shit?
It's an allegory about the white man.

and the faggot that samefags those autistic cringe threads about warhammer has arrived

>Pikes are very bad for penetrating armour.
Not at all, especially when you come from below, as you're only 2/3rds of a normal human.

But its exactly what user was asking for though, fantasy tropes and stereotypes portrayed in a futuristic setting. You can't really get any better then that especially considering its former connections with Warhammer Fantasy.

What game, if any?

And that same faggot that bitches about said 40k threads has joined the server. Enjoy your stay faglord

Nope. Dwarves are always muscly so wielding 50kg hammers shouldn't be a problem. They also are superb armorsmiths so piercing or cutting through dwarf plate would be impossible. And good luck using spears/pikes in tunnelfighting. So the only feasible weapons are crushing blows or the pointy side of a pickaxe.

>you're not welcome on /tg/
But that's wrong. Elf-hate nowadays is a Cred Forums and Cred Forums thing.

Wtf do you call them?
Don't say prawns, they're different animals

>And good luck using spears/pikes in tunnelfighting
That's the best weapon for a tunnel fight. Just form a phalanx with archers behind

>elf character puts on a show
>human plays a washing board
>dwarf plays a sax

>Dwarves are always muscly so wielding 50kg hammers shouldn't be a problem.
you're an idiot

>race has wide hips but don't give live birth
>even though there are LIZARD species who give live birth and are at the same time monogamous

>pointy side of a pickaxe is more effective than spears

Okay, show me where to fit the phalanx and the battalion of archers. Also tell me what kind of archers they are that can pierce through dwarf-made plate.

>Racism

>Don't say prawns, they're different animals
We call them prawns. Sorry.

>being this mad he's easy find out whenever he samefags his own replies
it's not my fault your autism shows
i'm not even the same guy lmao :^)

Yes. Think about it. It's not that hard to realize why plate armoured knights always managed to slaughter spear-armed peasant levies.

>bataillion of archers
Depending on tunnel width, you'd only need a few men for both roles
>Also tell me what kind of archers they are that can pierce through dwarf-made plate.
Oh, so you're one of those faggots

If we're talking traditional Tolkien LOTR there is no plate armor everyone is using anglo-saxon arms and armor Nasal helms, shirts wrought of iron rings or iron fishes' mail.

Jacksonized Tolkien is where you get everyone wearing plate for some reason.

No, we just don't eat shrimp that much.

I fuckin died

>That little bush

Why do only Chaos Dwarfs gets to play with blunderbuss?

It is one of those threads.
>let's bitch about unpracticality of fantasy combat doctrine
>but only about these aspects, not the other aspects

Gee, I really wonder why the spanish square suceeded in basically rendering knights redundant
>inb4 muh muskets
Face it, against a trained force fighting in formation with spears/pikes, cavalry hardly stands a chance, unless they manage to flank them

That wouldn't even work against regular plate let alone dwarf plate

Game?

>they lack depth perception
Explain?

Plate has a lot of weak points, like basically all the joints, below the chin etc. Against a human it would be very easy for a dwarf to exploit these weakpoints with a spear. Also, what#s so special about dwarfen plate?

Women always keep one eye looking for things to complain about

>Elfs have bonus Magic and Dex
>Dorfs have bonus Strength and Vit
>Humans are average at everything

>Half-elves have some benefits from their elven heritage but can also choose which stats/skills they want to improve.
Fucking bullshit.

Yeah aiming a spear precisely for the joints of a moving target who can parry or grab your spear isn't easy
>what#s so special about dwarfen plate?
It's fantasy

>>inb4 muh muskets
Yeah, let's totally exclude everything that disproves your argument. That will surely make for an interesting and lively debate.

>It's fantasy
Why not just make a magic, plate-piercing spear then?

Fuck off Aran no one likes your shitty polearm class

>polearm
>not literally the best weapon
Swordfags are cancer

>gold armour
What was he expecting.

Pimpin ain't easy

That doesn't really make sense with tolkien lore unlike the stronger dwarf armor though. I mean in real life they tried making plate to protect against guns, it just became unfeasibly heavy, doesn't sound far fetched in fantasy

+1 CHA bonus maybe besides its a well known fact that the more stylish the suit is, the better protection and bonuses it provides in battle.

could be a really powerful magic katana
or maybe it just gets passive buffs from having it equipped even if it doesn't fight with it

actually, dragons are infamous hoarders but I can't recall any media that has a dragon actually use any of the enchanted bling its accumulated.

God was his armor, faith was his sword.

Do you faggots ever wondered why people stopped wearing full plate and shields when guns became a thing?

The thing about Dwarfs is that in EVERY fantasy setting they are always always outnumbered hugely so even if they shred through the enemy with their guns the enemy will eventually reach them.
Undead, Spiders and most Orcs don't wear real armor so Hammers would be fucking useless, just dual wield axes, us them to climb up the giants back and shred his neck.

>Elf can crossbreed with a human shota
>Dwarf can't

>actually, dragons are infamous hoarders but I can't recall any media that has a dragon actually use any of the enchanted bling its accumulated.
What a waste. Except for Smaugh who used them to pimp out his scales.

>half dwarf
>height is that of a human

And ignorance was his shield desu.

Jackson did it best.

Swords are way better than polearms, more versatile, easy to carry, way faster, perfect backup weapon, more aesthetic and iconic

>Do you faggots ever wondered why people stopped wearing full plate and shields when guns became a thing?
Except they didn't for quite a long time? Gunpowder weapons have been around in Europe since at least the XIV century

You know you would need wide hips on a humanoid frame to pass a large egg as well.
Eggs don't really grow, so if you wanted an infant the size of a human infant to emerge from one you would need wide hips to pass such a large egg.

Even assuming a leathery, flexible egg a reptilian humanoid would need hips at least as wide as human hips. If the egg is hard shelled then the hips would have to be even wider, still assuming an infant the size of a human infant coming from the egg.

How the fuck would a dwarve weild a hammer in a tunnel like that? If anything, they would use knifes and just aim for the face. Given the tunnel that you posted, they would be damn near crawling so their face would be vulnerable

That's the most stupid shit I've ever seen, but it's okay, because dwarfs did it.

>They could've just blocked the arrows

Name of the book?

was this on the extended
cant remember tihs bullshit on the movie

Isn't a half dwarf just a beefy manlet?

>muh realism fags
Literal cancer

But orcs look attractive sometimes.

according to my history professor, if you survived childhood and weren't a soldier or completely impoverished you'd probably live to 60-80

Glorious dawi engineering, lesser races get triggered.

>female elves are just baby incubators
>humans breed with anything that has two legs
>no one wants to breed with ugly ass dwarves

KILLER OF CELEBRIMBOR

Dwarfs are pretty much "that kid" of the fantasy world.

That's wizard

Stop memeing even for one second at least

Third Part of the Hobbit movies was completely and utterly retarded.

This is not even the worst part.

Have you looked at the 30 Year War?
It's pike and gun all the way. Cavalry is still armored but even the poor fucking bastards charging into the pike wall with two handers stopped wearing full plate, merely cuirass kept being a thing.

>The world is filled with Dwarfs, Elves, Halflings etc
>You can only play as Human Male.

wtf am i looking at at first i thought its just swirling axe

>The first one to develop the advanced tech needed to go interplanetary would also likely wipe out the other races.
if you're blending sifi with fantasy you get stuff like each race protecting their main cities by shifting them to a different dimension, being housed inside a literally indestructible crucible etc that means you can't just glass them orbit

No, that's Skaven.

The only part that I even found to be of interest in that movie series was the part with the two giant stone beings having a boxing match in the background. That shit was something else.

Blame Tolkien.

I love how he defies gravity like that and after all that he still has to slip again after throwing the orc so they can show him flip again

no it's not. user specifically asked for actual fantasy races that all lived on the same world rather than aliens that happen to be based on fantasy races.

>not playing as a White Human Heterosexual Male Fighter/Paladin

Das it mayne

movies was hot garbage that never should've been made

still surprised that christopher lee filming his scenes first meme actually came true

>You can only play as Human Male.
>Only warrior.
>Only use swords.
>Only two-hand or dual weild.

Yeah, it's the extended version. Didn't remembered that scene on the movie screen either.

No, Tolkiens fantasy races used all kinds of weapons. Blame early editions of DnD that populated the
>elf = bow
>dwarf = axe
images, because they based their fantasy races on Legolas and Gimli, not the entirety of their races.

There were people wearing full plate still during the English Civil War

>magic users
>not emotional basket cases who lose their minds seven days out of the month
if you don't suffer sporadic bouts of insanity you don't know enough magic to call yourself a mage with a straight face

It's a ballista that fires bolts with a bladed fan that is angled in such a way that the drag from it flying through the wind causes it to spin.

I don't know why people are bitching, this is a really cool idea. It may not be practical in real life, but it's realistic enough to make it believable that a high fantasy race that are skilled engineers would be able to construct something like this.

It's the same premise behind a regular arrow. The feather causes it to drag and spin. Those seige engines are probably gigantic to give it enough force to propel them like that, but they made it a point to hide them behind the mountain so the elves would waste their volley.

I read the book years ago but after watching it, boy that was really fucking shit.

The first movie wasn't so bad though, second was alright, but in third Jackson just went pants on head retarded.

Not even gonna list all the things different from books, just the fact that fucking Legolas is not in the book at all.

*Gygax

>Dwarf can't

Get cuter dwarf.

Judging by the behind the scenes, Jackson didn't really give a shit and every important decision was taken by the studio

>2 colossal stone giants wake up for no reason because a few dwarves were walking around
>literally woke up just now to stupidly attack each other and pointlessly die for no reason 1 minute later
>gets brushed off immediately after with no explanation
Found that part the most retarded

>japanese dwarf
>just a loli
Japan does horrible things to fantasy races.

Put it in the kiln.

>the human male is a badass

>dwarf male looks pretty good
>female dwarf looks like a loli with SO KAWAII face

Ahh

Skaven are fun as hell
they are like Pinky and the Brain clumsily put into WH setting

>dwarf has a short thick dick
>human has a long thin dick
>elf has a hot petite body and wants to get DP by them

>the non-human male was a badass
ftfy

War is peace
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strenght

>tfw whenever you get the chance to create a dwarf in a game you do it

I mean, there's nothing more fun than doing a Dwarf Berserk with a two handed axe blasting his way through everything.

Outbreak Company

RETRACT THIS

>humans, elves, dwarves and shit to unite and fight against technologically advanced alien species
I'd read that

Imagine them fucking

RAW is Jericho

Elf rape is only fun when shes still resistant tho, mindbreak is nice and all but wheres the fun in it?

But can the petite backside even fit 2 of them?

>Hear they're making the Hobbit a trilogy
>Wonder how they were going to do that
>They spend 40 fucking minutes on Shit Wizard

I can't believe I managed to make it through the first two movies.

How the fuck do I read this? Left to Right or Right to Left?

I liked how Dragon Age: Origins had the elves and dwarves suffering their own conflicts within their culture. Not to mention neither of them being too fond of humans.

>He wants his girls to be manly and ugly

A little ripped dwarf with a composite bow could reck shit.

>He doesn't want a waifu with a silky smooth beard to rest his head on

Serious question: what is the point of choosing to play as a human? Isn't the point of fantasy settings let you play as someone you aren't?

>human use claymore to wreak havoc across the battlefield
>elf use epic magical focus to annihilate whole legions at once
>dwarf only have a fluffy wambler

That's gay as fuck

>elf uses magic
>human uses sword and board
>dwarf fucking cooks

Down on the corner, out there in the streets...

>How else could they advance so far without wiping each other out
depends on the size of the world and how rich in resources it is.

also the races could have terms of engagement they've all agreed to without being straight up allies for the sake of preventing mutually assured destruction, which after being in place long enough, led to 'war' basically amounting to occasional turf wars over country boarders and certain islands.

Hell since you could have 'the worlds gods come down and brute-force a ceasefire whenever conflict gets out of hand'

Its not their fault that dick breaks them so easily, also that's why you get more than one and breed them

She'll manage it

humans are always balanced in stat

>dwarves don't even have different coloured capes with hoods
>one or two dwarves are completely CGI'd, ruining the atmosphere of it
>Legolas
>a fucking romance between a dwarf and an elf
>Azog, who in canon died like 200 years prior the scenes is suddenly the "main villain"
>the amount of CGI'd elves and dwarves in the final battle
>that epileptic scene with the ugly white woman wizard who's name I always forget

I could likely go on

Right to left

Self insertion.

I mean, it would be quite interesting to see how other races react to you and everything when you're "just" a white human male.

>claymore
>not superior Flamberge
Vibrates at high speed, superior parrying and bleed abilities and cuts through armor like melted butter. Go home sheep fucker.

Its so you can play a human that isn't a failure in life

The other races don't usually interest me much. Oh this human is short and lives in a cave. Oh, this human has sharp ears and has some mystic bullshit. This one is green and has a funny nose. This one has horns and a dragon tail.

>implying humans aren't average
>implying it isn't the elef with the long thin dick
Get the fuck out with your useless faggy animu elves.

elves and a few VIP guests fuck off to elf heaven to party forever. the only ones that die are the ones that choose to remain in middle earth

Lizards are the superior race.

>Isn't the point of fantasy settings let you play as someone you aren't?
First of all, no.
Secondly even if it was the very idea the average fantasy fan is remotely near a basic fantasy human is pretty funny.

>Want to be a dick-ass thief with a blackjack and bow
>Most games don't even let me use fucking bows anymore, let alone knock people out instead of stabbing them to death
These are bad days for thievery.

>all fantasy races use one language and no one even comments on it despite having different cultures and coming from different places

Easier to identify and assume with bonus points if I get to just wear a helmet all the time.

>the only geography and biomes present are those found in europe

Most video games that allow you to make your own character and choose from one of several playable races are written very poorly and every race that isn't human is just one stereotypical human trait played up too much to be enjoyable as the main protagonist.

I'd highly recommend looking into Divinity Original Sin 2.

>Can rob pretty much everything not tied down
>Can rob your own party member's pockets, including actual players
>Can plant stolen goods on people to have them interrogated/arrested
>Bows, crossbows, knives, smoke bombs, the full arsenal

It's in early access right now, so it's up to you if you want to jump in now or wait.

No dwarven plate in Tolkien lore, bud. Everyone and their mother wears chainmail.

>deep forests inhabited by Elves
>mountains inhabited by Dwarves, optionally LOST KINGDOM AHHH scenario
>plains inhabited by Humans

Every time

>bard
>uses instrument in combat

That's the whole fucking point, fuck off with your super-original tryhard bullshit

Why not just recommend first D:OS?

M I T H R I L
I
T
H
R
I
L

Isometric games don't really do it for me but I'll keep it in mind.

Found the treehumper, you're mad that elf girls are just fuck and breed toys for superior races?
Male elfs have micro penis and love taking it in the ass while his gf gets fucked by bigger human and dwarf dicks

what game

In the book they don't get close to them at all. They're giants, and throwing shit at eachother during storms is their pastime.

Because the second game even in a bare bones state is already turning into a better game. I'd personally rather invest in an eventually better product than a currently existing okay one.

>>all fantasy races use one language and no one even comments on it because they were all conquered by the human empire and had their culture suppressed

fae folk are closer to abstract concepts than living creatures and tolk-elves are essentially half-angels

>tfw you actually like the generic Tolkienesque fantasy world settings and enjoy them almost every single time

Fuck your shitty looking races and locations that people on acid would make, this is best.

>Elf uses magic
>Human uses a musket
>Dwarf uses shurikens

Fuck off, OP

wearing as a codpiece all day

>Male elfs have micro penis
[citation needed]
Protipp: Your headcanon is not a valid source. A lot of setting have elves taller than humans, even their girls. But you are probably one of those guys that know elves only from japanese pornography. Which, by the way, isn't a valid source either.

Literally Dragon Age 2.

No I mean. Sure it may be better but it still take some time before they complete it and first OS isn't a bad game so why not?

What if you're not a human in real life?

>throw rocks at each other that cause them to fall apart because they're made of rocks
>this is a pasttime even though it would wipe them out
Pretty stupid either way, although it's probably a lt less stupid in the books than just what was on screen but I don't remember that

Divinity Original Sin 2

I don't often/ever play as a human, but the point is more to *do* things you usually wouldn't be able to. Just because you can be a human, it doesn't mean you can exist in a world filled with magic and other races and monsters in real life.

tusks not big enough

The punishment mechanics for stolen goods in DOS2 are way better though. In the first game if you were never seen robbing shit, you were always guaranteed to get away with it. In DOS2 the victim will report it to the local guard and they'll start questioning people about the incident. If you're caught with the stolen goods, even if you weren't the one who originally stole it, you're arrested or worse.

Kek

Mithrils aren't plate, friendo. They're woven into chainmail.
Lrn2lore

plenty of stuff even before tolkien has them the best engineers. it's only a short step from there to industrialization and electriciy

I like to play as a lawful evil paladin, so what?

I never implied it was plate you dumb fuck, I just mentioned mithril since it's supposedly the best metal in LOTR lore.

>HERE BE ELVES
Every time.

>Undeads aren't playable
>They're evil

The law cannot be evil, it is the law.

you never skimmed through varient race options in DnD? Nearly every main race has several different 'breeds' suited for different climates, plus a couple sub-species here and there

Thankfully, Divinity does not suffer from this.

What game?

>Reptiles are secretly the most powerful race.

You're just saying that because you want to fuck that lizard

>secretly

>hero uses fire
>token girl uses water
>cocky best friend uses air
>big guy uses earth

Divinity Original Sin 2 is going to eventually have playable undead.

That is my strategy. For when they take over they will accept me.

>Archers are wire-limbed prancing fairies. Usually female elves

Stop this meme right now

>lawful evil paladin
You're only evil if you lose

>>big guy uses earth

>only attribute an Archer needs is Dexterity/Agility

Every time

>Who designed this, an alien?
Still funny

>Bard's ultimate weapon is a One-Man Band

That archers are supposed to be giant, hulking masses of muscles is another meme.

Was originally to be then they side stepped, then they stepped right back in with LoK. Technically Korra's the hero but still she used water, Mako fire, Bolin Earth.

>dwarf is a crossbow and poison using assasin
>elf is a axe-wielding warrior
>+ some mage gnomess
Magicka was fun.

>hero uses fire

Took me longer than I'm willing to admit to realise it.

>mfw minotaurs make the best archers in Legend of Grimrock because of +Strength

Archery put so much stress on the person that their arms were often malformed over time. You need strong as fuck arms to be able to handle a medieval bow.

You cheeky bastard.

is this Secret World?

that's still a very slender person

>tfw not even Tyranny will have even half the edge of a Slav game from a decade ago

This is exaggerated. Every kind of manual labor back then would do horrible things to your body. We don't assume that peasants were some kind of super strong workers because the hard work, occasional malnutrition and diseases fucked up their skeletons. You >muh longbow fags just go full overboard with it.

How much edge was there?

Divinity: Dragon Commander.

>elves invent crossbows because they're too lanky to use longbows

Usually Crossbows are used by Dwarves simply because their arms aren't that long for better pull of the string

Suppose that you build what basically amounts to a giant iron thermometer. Mercury is roughly twice as dense as iron but we need to give it space to move around so say we fill half the sword is empty space.

Lets say you start swinging the sword from the tip of your head and cleave someone apart. The mercury will congregate at the hilt of the blade then move to the tip halfway through and impacting the opponent. Congrats, you hit with less impact as a warhammer of similar mass. You lose out even more on pressure because you are smacking someone with an iron thermometer and not the beaked portion of a warhammer.

Now, you try to lift it up again and the weight of the sword is all the way at the tip making it much harder to lift up compared to a regular sword. Only when you lift it up half way would it start sliding back. If you were using a regular sword of similar mass, you would have gotten ready for a 2nd swing already.

So basically, all these complicated shit means that you get some odd ball combination of sword and warhammer but because its a giant iron thermometer, its much more fragile than both.

First boss is a generic giant evil demon

Eternal Kingdom -Horobi no Maho to Densetsu no Ken-

>tacticool xbows

Warhammer games

>Tell the Commander that women are whores all the time
>He gets his skeleton bride a new body of living flesh
>She starts slutting around
I TOLD YOU BRO
I WARNED YOU ABOUT WHORES

They're for sacrificing anyway

>Slave race
>Every member has been selectively bred for maximum breeding

Why haven't more games done this concept?