This game was a fast paced modern shooter that took skill to master and was fun and it failed because the devs are...

This game was a fast paced modern shooter that took skill to master and was fun and it failed because the devs are retarded

The sequel is going to be a fast paced modern shooter that will take skill to master and will be fun and it's going to fail because the same devs are still retarded

there's nothing you can do about it except cry at night

i still think the bots (the small ones) are a absolutly retarded idea

TF2 beta felt too much like COD

I disagree. It was more colorful but that's pretty much the only visual similarity.

I play it every day user, I like my secret club. I hope TF2 does well, but not enough to attract all the fags from BF1, COD, and shit.

Spectres are the shit.

yeah, I agree that it sounds dumb but after playing TF1 more (the servers are populated now I guess because of TF2) I've gotten used to it and I like it

It's kind of like what I enjoy about single player FPS combined with what I enjoy about multi player FPS, but yeah it is weird at first

I've started playing it pretty frequently too, it's surprisingly good. Man people whinge so hard about the SP, I used to come 1st or 2nd using the shotgun but instead of getting mad at always getting killed by the SP, I just accepted that it's superior and started using it

It's like people playing counter strike, using the deagle only and complaining about people using the AK

If it's good just use it?????????

I know the weeks past release we'll see a huge decline, and that sucks to me. I love the design of the models and environment; it's like hastily refurbished tactical and industrial supplies.

Smart pistol is weak. It'll get you a few kills but undeniably the best gun is the R101. You can kill from any distance with negligible recoil and damage drop, paired with a wingman enjoy high k/ds.

Titanfall's aesthetic is GOAT

I don't really like attrition, but it's nice to habe for more casual players. Deadly Ground is where the fun's at.

>faster stim
>no more wallrunning speed cap
>grappling hooks
>flying titans
>samurai titans
>playable spectres without the spectre camo

All they have to do is NOT FUCK up the maps. Homestead was weak, and Forwardbase Kodai and Boomtown were nice but not up to par with maps like Colony, Smuggler's Cove, and Angel City.

>Forwardbase Kodai and Boomtown were nice but not up to par with maps like Colony, Smuggler's Cove, and Angel City.
They were barely even on par with trash like sandtrap and fucking fracture, they were bad maps that dont suit titanfall

The titans look surprisingly practical, and I love it

isn't the titan's now like a killstreak instead of being like the original? didn't they basically codify it? didn't get to play it since pc didn't get a beta

can anyone confirm that you can't customize the weapons etc. of titans in tf2, just cosmetic customization?

During the first week it was, they reverted it because of complaints though

correct

Nah it was like that but they changed it back to how it was in the original because people got mad

so how is it now compared to the original? is it promising?

Not really, they both featured good use of surplus space for bunnyhopping/slidehopping and verticality. What's wrong is there isn't enough overlap between the layers of verticality and the three lanes. What made Titanfall maps great is an ability to flank and how no layer of the map is isolated. You can be attacked from any direction at any time. They eliminated some of that, I know, but they went too far in the opposite direction. Boomtown and Kodai are in the right direction, hopefully the other new maps reflect at unlike Homestead, which is a good LTS map. The fact that Angel City will be returning is comforting.

hmmn... not sure how I feel about no titan customization. It might be fine I guess

It's different. Skill ceiling is raised, and they eliminated some casual stuff but added other stuff. It's certainly promising.

Negative. You can points toward it via playing the objective or kills, the former being faster. They still run on a timer, albeit way longer, if you do nothing.

We don't know fully. But as of right now Titans have kits with some customizable perks, they are all based around a function. Less like a create a class and more like Overwatch.

Depends on how you felt about the original
The movement system is different and all the maps so far have been sub-par

Hence why I compared them to sandtrap and fracture, from the map pool in 1 those two were the worst because of their lack of depth, poor lines etc. Compared to homestead they are good but when you put them up against maps from 1 they scrape the bottom of the barrel

The titans are heros now

A lot worse IMO.

You know how people used to say that Titanfall was CoD with mechs, and they were wrong? Now they're right.

Titanfall 1 did SO MANY things right. They hit the nail on the head with almost every aspect of the game itself, there just wasn't enough variety.

Titanfall 2 has redone everything from scratch, and all of the changes are inferior.

I still have hope, tbqh. I know somemaps will be bad but most will be good. Hopefully.

I disagree with you completely, you're exaggerating the scale of the changes. Most are good, but many of the changes restructure the meta. Which is not bad. In fact, I quite like it. But to each their own.

Like you said the fact angel city is back is a good sign but compared the the tf1 beta maps these are pretty bad, best possible outcome would be if they just dumped the map pool from 1 into 2

We can only speculate. I assume the rest of the maps are good. If we learned anything from 1 the more urban the better. I saw a lot of urban shit in the Meet the Titans trailers. I have hope.

Who wants to have a cozy game of Deadly Ground?

How can the devs be retarded if they made a fun fast paced modern shooter that took skill to master in the first place?

They weren't retarded. It just didn't make you grind for fuck all like most games. Didn't keep people with the carrot on the stick.

Wasn't it badly implemented matchmaking, with too many game modes and too much DLC that stopped people playing?

Because their game wasn't a success

Don't see how the matchmaking is bad.k

I mostly liked the first one, the main thing that let it down was the titans

Matchmaking only belongs in asymmetrical shooters like Evolve, all symmetrical fps should have a server browser. Anyway, I don't think it was that bad either but apparently everyone else did because the game basically bombed.

Idk man, never had an issue. It's quick but sometimes it pairs good players and pits them against literal fodder which makes for boring games. Tf2 tech test had almost annoyingly fast matchmaking but it felt weird not having lobbies.

This was the main complaint, lack of progression, not enough "you did good!" for having an average match
Plus the DLC packs that split the playerbase and killed the game, but I have a feeling that was more EA than respawn

How so?

The combat was fast paced and exciting, walking around in the titan was the opposite of that. After the first few games, I just set it to follow me around and occasionally got some bonus points from it killing bots.

Just use the Stryder. Stryder with an extra dash or a skilled pilot with a 40MM can catch up to pilots. The whole charm of Titanfall is the duality, the cat and mouse.

Do niggas still play this game on PC? I have it with all the DLC but haven't played it since 2014.

I think PC is all but dead. Xbone is fine, though.

yeah man I just started playing again, not many players but enough to find a game. I'm in Japan and play on Japan and US west servers, both fluctuate between 30-80 players.

>japan server has ~80 on peak
surprising, i remember it being fairly popular there on launch but assumed it dropped off like every other server thats not eu or na

why does a robot need a scarf

>playing a multiplayer shooter other than CSGO

Cuz he is cold you dumbass.

Being a casual

The grapple spectre is based of the bounty hunter Jester from the campaign. Maybe he wears it cause it looks rad or maybe it has some symbolic meaning. Who knows.

yeah, us west actually tends to have more players than Japan now.

dats fine I ping at like 130 to us west