>Pick Pharah
>Enemy has a McCree
>Forced to pick another hero
every time

sounds like you're bad. git gud.

>playing shitty tf2 clone with a moba spin

I lost all 10 placement games save me.

What comes out of that block?

Pharah is so much fun. Really wish she wasn't completely shut down by anyone decent using hitscan.

You're supposed to be playing it ironically. It's a meme game.

Get a mic and communicate with your team. It's the only way to get out of hell hole known as platinum and lower. You can't get carry 5 disorganized players.

I'm just curious, what MMR did you place at?

>Defeat
Lose 40SR
>Victory
Gain 5SR

Git gud.

>playing shitty hat simulator with a gambling spin

>people think its possible to "git gud" in lfg for a team based game

>pick any character
>enemy has a roadhog
>lose

every time

>pick Roadhog
>???

>Get rank 70 twice last season solo
>Get placed in 3k this season and solo queue to 3300
>Shitters on Cred Forums believe the reason I got there was that I'm lucky

wew
lad

>we both use our hooks at the same time
>his goes through and mine doesnt

>game that relies heavily on good teammates
>if they suck, you lose 100%

This is why I played Overwatch for 1-2 weeks at launch and now haven't touched it since. At least in tf2 I can pub stomp. At least in CS:GO I can rely on my own skill to stomp/comeback.

Overwatch you have no chance against a stacked and good team. If you're teammates are derp shitters, you're fucked.

This is why people leave games the first 3 minutes in if you are losing. Why get stomped for 10-15 minutes?

Doesn't matter anyway, the game has hardly any maps or skill required anyway. It was boring trash. Glad I binned it.

>Look at team
>Man if I went (Zarya/Zenyatta/Lucio/Rein/Other Meta Shit) this would actually be a really good comp
>Go (Zarya/Zenyatta/Lucio/Rein/Other Meta Shit)
>our horrible DPS can't kill anything
>Lose
>next game
>Insta-lock Pharah/Reaper/Tracer/Soldier like these faggots do every game and tell anyone asking me to switch to fuck off
>Even if we're 6 dps, let the others die and switch to healer/tank in desperation
>win

It sucks because the healers are genuinely fun to play in this game but I just can't take relying on retards anymore.

>fag thinks he is le ebin pro and 1v6s while carrying 5 other players

wew

>hooking the enemy roadhog without backup
The Roadhog that hooks first will always die.

So you don't even know that hooking first in a hog duel is suicide? Guess who sucks at the game.

nice meme but can you prove that hooking first is wrong?

post screenshot and most played season 2 heroes

not that I don't believe you, but I'm genuinely curious on how people who climb in solo queue manage to do it.

>What is Reaper
>What is Zenyatta
>What is Zarya

I lost 6, drew 2 and ended up in 2550 or something like that

played every type of class

>nice meme
Good god I fucking hate posters like you, but I'll explain in the hopes that you fuck off and play videogames instead of plague Cred Forums.

When you land from getting hooked you have time to shotgun the enemy Roadhog in the face for a shitload of damage, then you hook (it stuns him) which cancels the shotgun animation, allowing you to shoot him the face thus killing him.

This is as good as I can get. Don't get me wrong, though. Solo queue is fucking horrendous.
Season 1
>Soldier 76
>McCree
>Roadhog

Season 2
>Zenyatta
>Soldier 76
>Reinhardt

>Promo 1st time season 2
>7 defeats
>3 wins
>Gets to silver 1800~
>Plays 5 matches more
>Winwinwinwinwinwin
>Gets to gold 2000~
EzPz

Nice try, but that's optional crap that barely effects the gameplay

Solo que in diamond is suffering most of the time.

I bet you're that Junkrat who thinks he's hot shit for getting gold in damage even though all he accomplished was feeding their healers free ult points while you're stuck with the shitty tire that gets no kills.

The devs programmed this to happen so normies can get their wins and not feel bad, this is the case in all modern multiplayer games. The more times you lose compared to your one win will make you feel better about the win.

Sorry

You think it's better in gold?

>your teammates keep feeding the enemy team
>lack any map awareness
>don't know how to react to ults
>insist on using 2 Hanzos and a Widowmaker

It's impossible to move up the ranks since every game is a coin flip.

Not a Hanzo here but I don't get the hate with him. A good Hanzo can completely fuck up the opposing team, which can be said for every character sure but Hanzo gets too much shit

Junkrat players kys

1) Most Hanzos aren't good
2) Team composition is more important; if the team is lacking a healer, we need you to switch to Lucio

Because he's genuinely a piece of shit. Sometimes he pokes round a corner and gets lucky with a headshot sometimes he doesn't that's literally the entire hero.

ever since the buff i've stopped going "ugh hanzo" the minute i see him picked

i go right back to doing it a minute in when we wipe and he's not getting any kills though

TF2 is more P2W than Overwatch is

>Overwatch: All weapons and heroes are available for free. Almost all skins have been made available to obtain for free, minus preorder/promotional skins
>TF2: There are hundreds of stat-altering weapons which you can either hope to get randomly by playing for 100 hours, or by buying in bulk from the Mann Co. Store for $30. This is in addition to the many hundreds of cosmetics which are only available to people who spend money in the Mann Co. Store

Can anyone explain the 3x3 setup the shitters here in gold keep insisting we try? Is it 3 tanks, 3 healers? If so, how do you win with that?

I think this may be the first game I've found where carrying is quite literally impossible. I'm actually regretting the Genji nerfs now, if only because it means I can't pick a blatantly OP dps that can sideskirt their team, rape their healers and then fuck the rest of them. Maybe it's just the 1800 hours of dota in me talking, but it really does seem like individual skill plays little part in this game.

there was a post on forums showing that after your placements, the major thing that alters how many points you gain and lose is streaks.

More wins, system assumes you place higher and awards more points.
More losses, system assumes you're too high and deducts more points.

He played just about every kind of hero and whether he did awful or great, it didn't seem to impact his gains

got a link? I knew the "medals affect your rating" thing had to be bullshit

Is matchmaking really so hard to implement?

I see games from huge AAA devs have completely rubbish and one sided matchmaking at times.

>by buying in bulk from the Mann Co. Store for $30.
Nobody has ever done this.

>There are hundreds of stat-altering weapons which you can either hope to get randomly by playing for 100 hours
Or by unlocking them with achievements. It makes classes easier to learn and allows for new players to not get overwhelmed with too many options.

>que solo
>get grouped with a 4 or 5 man premade
>none of them pick a support class
>maybe one tank at most

I've actually tried it the other day, it was pretty interesting
>reinhart or zarya
>D.va
>roadhog or winston
>zenyatta
>mercy
>lucio or ana

The trick is to keep the tanks and other healers alive at all times so they're hard to kill. The only downside is that if you have a pharah or another sniper of some sorts against you then it might be a dealbreaker since your distance damage is rather shit, thats why most people like the ana and zeny in the setup.

This.

>coordinating with autists to do autism
suck my dick

stock is the best in most slots except melee though, and it's not like you need that slight edge in the melee slot for those first 30 hours it takes to earn them

>queue with 1 friend
>our team has 3 or 4 man groups
>they ignore team chat and don't communicate
>they don't work together at all and don't pick anything other than attack/defence.

>2 Hanzos
NOW WAIT A MINUTE

>get to plat
>people still unironically pick bastion and torb
why

It's still the case in diamond

I wish I could tell you to git gud but I guess in this case it has to be git friends nerd.

Because some pro team squeezed out a win with Torb and Bastion. It's like the Seagull guy streaming a few games with Mei and now suddenly everyone wants to pick her on defense.

Exceptional people do well with anything. People think meta is exclusive to high level play but in reality it's aimed for the average crowd.

1600ish

>Lucio OR Ana

Are you fucking retarded?
Ana is like the main reason to run 3x3 because of the rate her ult charges when she has 3 tanks to shoot at.
Lucio is just always good so you want to have him as well.
THEN it comes down to either Zen or Mercy

You have to pay for Overwatch in the first place so I would hope so

>defeat x13

that's how my weekend looked. Sub 1600 now.

where'd you drop from user

Not to mention the Biotic Grenade synergizes with Lucio's healing

lel how do you get in 1500 range

>pay for overwatch
>it still has micro transactions
explain this shit. They knew you tards would eat it up, because you'll buy anything blizz shits out.

>Overwatch does nothing better than tf2, a free game
>WOW dying
>Diablo peaked at 2
>Noone plays starcraft anymore
Blizzard is sadly a hollow of what it used to be.

Like 2080

Terrible luck of the draw I guess.

Some of the stories I could tell you, user.

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749027120

It was 40 dollars and I got 200 hours out of it before I got bored

Tell them. I once grouped with some people in the ~1700 range and holy shit the difference in skill between the players is surprisingly evident and actually hilarious.

And how many loot crates random loot did u buy?

>Play casualwatch
>Still lose
Nah, you're just shit user.

None

so the game sucks because youre shit at it ?

I have also bought none and have over 600 hours

Luck is integral part of your personality. It doesn't matter less than skill, believe it or not.

One from earlier
>Dorado map, we had a terrible attacking around now on D
>Play as Junkrat
>Get to the top of the building overlooking the payload; our defence sets up over the space behind us
>DVA flies up and joins me
>wtf
>match starts
>Our three D defends well, keeping an eye out on the payload
>DVA doesnt tank; she just stays up we me and shoots haphazardly.
>I see McCree sneak round the side.
>Say to my team "careful, McCree is coming behind you".
>He comes behind them. I warn them again.
>No use. They're down, and now his attention is on me and DVA
>Being shot at
>"DVA, use your shield and stop him shooting me"
>She fires at him
>McCree gets me with a HS, then DVA
>I rage

Yeah it's been a pretty shitty weekend.

>doesn't matter how low I drop since all that matters at the end is my season highest

I stopped playing this game after season 1 but my games went like this

>start 60
>W
>W
>L
>L
>L
>W
>W
>W
>L
>L
>L
>55
>mfw

I'm only 60 hours in and I already have a lot of the skins I want, even wasting some coins along the way.

It's very hard to carry in Overwatch. Not saying it's impossible. But you actually got to know what the fuck you are doing in order to carry. But if the enemy team is very coordinated, communicating and have a solid hero composition. You are fucked. You can't carry with 5 shitters in that situation. You have to make them communicate.

if you want to advance you have to stack
yes you can climb solo but it's so easier with a stack, the game is basically rigged against you if you're solo

>I'm bad so I'm going to blame my team

There is literally NEVER a situation that you can't carry yourself out of.

>can't break 3000 because I have been hovering around 2600 for the past week or two
>can't get better because constantly have 17-22 fps during action from shitty laptop

How suffering

My placements for this season were
Defeat
Defeat
Defeat
Defeat
Defeat
Victory
Victory
Defeat
Victory
Defeat

Rank 2020, so bad

Oh god, happened to me yesterday. I went Ana because none of them picked a support and when we lost the match ; they got on the Team Voice Chat to trashtalk and blame me.

I've never been so fucking angry at a video game in my entire life.

Feeding your team information in voice chat is actually very valuable even if they're not talking. Sometimes it can feel like you're commanding a bunch of retards because you'll see that they'll react to the info you give. But good luck if they're not in voice chat in the first place.

Have you disabled the power saving for your laptop?

>there is no healer
>he picks Ana
You got nobody to blame but yourself

Truth
Unless your highest is shit...
Do we know how many comp points each rank will get?

I never have it on and all graphic settings are on low and all others necessary effects are off

Gold-400
Plat-800
Diamond-1200
Master-2000
Grand-Free gold

Oh, hello fucktard. Let me educate you :

Ana's heals > Lucio's >>>>>> Mercy's

But I guess you're one of these shitters who think Ana is an "off-healer".

I bet you can't land her shots.

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME

If the dude is competent, ana is a much better healer.

Ana is actually the fastest single target healer in the game

overwatch.metabomb.net/gameplay-guides/overwatch-season-2-rewards-explained

Neat

You still lost
And Ana only viable if there is a competent Reinhardt in your team.
Too many "if'"

i love when people do this. you're just freely advertising that you're fucking terrible at the game and we're supposed to feel sorry for you. it's like watching a 5'2" manlet try to play basketball and keep missing shots while some 6'3" dunks all over him and he just angrily walks away saying "This game is so fucking broken..."

the game isn't broken, your life is broken.

>enemy is 2 groups of 3 stacks
>our entire team is solo queue

I never said I'm blaming my team
I'm just saying that with how the game and mmr is structured (only one rating, not divided between group and solo), stacks are heavily favored

>You still lost
What's your point? Can't carry a game as a support if your 5men premade team is shit in the first place.

Doesn't the game always try to get teams with similar groups? It's always happened to me

>1 - 2 minutes left on Hanamura, first point.
>Enemy team goes from 2 tanks to 3 tanks and suddenly stomp us so hard we lose both the first point and second point in just a few minutes

I can't belive just getting another tank could do this much, I am not sure if I should feel dissapointed in the game or myself and my team.

Nah I've had a game as 6 solo vs a 6 person stack

>if he's a good hanzo
They're rarer than a gold elimination Lucio. And he's got zero synergy with the team.

>tfw you completely obliterate enemy team

>I feel very small... Please someone help me.

>5 seconds left
>RYUJIN NO KEN WO KU---aaarggh...
>mfw

That means someone else won more than you did

>tfw you're playing like shit but your teammates are obliterating 5v6

3x3 can be nearly unbeatable on certain maps. If the other team is running a standard 2/2/2 comp and your team all sticks close to the healers then they can't do enough dps to kill you all. You basically win every fight by outlasting the enemy. Pro teams are running 3x3 regularly now, especially on defense, and no one has really come up with a counter.

Makes an already dull to watch game even duller.

Game meta was a mistake.

Go against the meta, friend.

Nothing wrong with that.

Reinhardt Zarya Roadhog/Winston Zenyatta Ana Lucio

The comp revolves entirely around Ana's ultimate. Three tanks taking damage and subsequently being healed by Ana means nanoboost is charged in a matter of seconds. After that the nano boosted tank of choice just rolls through the enemy team while backed up by 3 pocket healers.

It's cancer and almost entirely uncounterable, but most of the playerbase is still too retarded to understand how it works and how to implement it.

What about Bastion, Reaper and McCree?

This would be all well and good if the problem was with the tanks but it's not. The issue is Ana and how stupid fast Nano boost charges. It doesn't matter how much damage your outputting if half of it is negated and the other half is healed up faster than you can deal it.

>point is being taken
>they stupidly stay close together in the square
>transport to the middle of them with Reaper and unleash my ultimate
>save the game for my team

This. There is very little that counters it unless you have a specific team comp. It forces the defensive team to play a certain way. One reason Mei is actually used is because her ability to freeze a nano boosted tank is a game changer.

>2016
>still playing CS:GO

>Draws should be rare! -Blizzard
>Draw in placement matches
>First match was a draw
>Several more draws after

do you have a legitimate down syndrome?
Even boosters can't carry the atrocities of blizzard MMR sometimes

>I'm a shitter

K m8 I guess that's why I'm in the literal top 0.01% of overwatch players and you're not.

I'm sure you also never lost a game :^)

Thats a boring feel.
Close games are what I enjoy most.

(You)

just so you know i'm the in the LITERAL top 0.0001% of OW players, don't talk to me nub :^)

>just got diamond after playing for 6 hours yesterday and 3 today

Goddamn, I never want to play this game again today.

(u)

>Tfw support main
>Lose all but 2 placement matches
>stuck in 1998 silver shitter tier
>mercy nerfed
>nobody knows combat Lucio strategies
>team has a rein
>"WHY AREN'T YOU ALWAYS ON HEAL user?"
>why are you taking critical damage 5 seconds in?
>Forced to keep maining Lucio because idiots think Zenyatta is a viable solo healer
>took 2 days to finally break gold
>finally get a 6-stack
>only get paired against other 6-stacks
>win enough to get mid gold
>can never get all 6 on at the same time again
END MEEEE

>main

Now hold the fuck up, you can't main in this game you dumbass bitch. You deserve your low placement if you can only play one type of hero.

congrats, you're the pinnacle of what a gamer should aspire to be, now go jack off over it

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather play tank and defense characters, but when you're stuck in solo queue hell, it's either heal or die alot of the time.

And then, if you're matched against a half decent team, you're still focused down alot, hence why supports get fucked in Overwatch ranking

how the fuck do you lose two placement matches and get 1998?

tfw 9 game winning streak into diamond

Just play heroes that you have the most impact with and you'll climb

>game uses solo queue to determine ranking in team games

Wasn't a problem for me, I have literally zero friends on this game.

All BUT two, user...

if your comp games going like this you're getting sorted

>pick zenyatta
>their roadhog/reinhardt spends all but 30 seconds of the match not being either dead or walking back from spawn

>3/4 most used are DPS
>Reinhart can gold or silver elims easy on KotH
Congratulations, you've proven my point

Probs stop support maining then, everyone I know with it are 25 hundred shitters. Lowest I have had is 2700 and I play tanks heaps

Hanzo can't take positioning though. There's no way to capitalize on your kills if you're the shitter that picks him on attack since you can't support your team on a push or hold ground on the point for shit. fucking lucio denies area better

Ah, so THAT'S where the screenshots are saved! Thanks for the info, family.

people just need to get good at dive comps. Tracer Winston Lucio Zarya Zen would trash that comp any day of the week regardless of what you pick for your sixth

>playing Lucio
>roadhog chaingrabs me
>miss time my push back shot due to lag

>timing your things to escape Roadhog
>when you can hold down the button on abilities to buffer the action

noobs I swear...

6 stacks always pair with other 6 stacks or the highest equivalent matchmaking can find my dude

>tfw dug my way out of gold kicking and screaming by being top 85% percentile damage with zenyatta

so satisfying to finally know the way to bully tanks.

>using rein on KotH
barrier isn't useful at all, hammer is a waste of time when you could literally be doing more as winston.

you are probably playing support wrong

and I never really have a problem with people not playing supports, although I do have a problem with people not switching when getting heavily countered or trying to play hanzo all game.

I'd say play more zenyata

Stop whining about "muh low placements". If you got in there, you probably deserve your rank, no matter what it is. My friend got 2370 and I boosted him to 3010 in 2 nights on his account playing solo. Just tell your team what to do and what they should pick, but if you got Hanzo mains - good luck with that, all of them are braindead retards.

I know this feel,

>playing a match, were on offfense
>the fuckers keep trickling in like sheep to the slaughter
>Im playing Lucio
>All over chat I'm giving command to group up and that my ult is ready
>get ignored
>Barely staying alive trying to keep a couple people healed so I can make a push with the ult
>we lose
>WHY YHE FUCK DIDNT YOU USE YOUR ULT?
>I tell him I only had 1-2 people around me at a time
>NO YOURE SUPPOSED TO BE WITH THE TEAM NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND, YOURE THE HEALER
Eat a dick dude

If it isnt on time the lag will get me killed, trust that I've tried this.
Ive thrown many hours into Lucio.

>Lucio
>Zen
>McClick
>Zarya
>Genji

And i'm sure i'm missing some. Uncountered, usefull in pretty much all situations. And please, don't embarrass yourself by throwing around words like Winston, Reaper, don't shoot bubble and such. That barely works at platinum levels.

God damn it do i LOVE protecting my healers as Reinhardt. Actually going out of my way to keep a shield on them and keep any offenders at bay, whether it be a Roadhog trying to pull them or a Genji trying to flank us. Such a good feeling knowing you're keeping such an important part of your team alive.
But god DAMN IT do I hate seeing the Mercy fly through my barrier to try and heal the dipshit who got pulled.

You may have missed the phrase "one type" in my post. Smug bastard

no its
>major defeat
>major defeat
>major defeat
>landslide victory
>landslide victory
>landslide victory

>start playing competitive because I have enough of the shitty team compositions I get in quick play
>every sinlge game I have to go support or at best tank because faggots instalock Hanzo, Genji or McCree, at best we get a single Zenyatta as an healer
>after 10 matches playing only Mercy, Lucio and Zarya I decide to go back playing quick because at least I can start using other characters

Because there are maps where a a quick Bastion/Rein combo will persuade the enemy to get off the point very quickly.

>playing to watch a meaningless number go up slowly

>Pick Mei
>Spend the rest of the game masturbating
>Still win

>living to die in the end

>get to 2491
>lose three games
>climb up to ~2480
>guy I qued with disconnects mid game
>my pc blue screens mid game

I just want platinum

mfw won 3 placements and ended up in 2300.

Kill me