What are Cred Forums's thoughts on this game?

What are Cred Forums's thoughts on this game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5rFUpugGbJA
youtube.com/watch?v=7EWAzwjmux4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I loved the game. Had a lot of fun with it, honestly it is in my top 10 games.

Well the game treats the front third like a tutorial. And even while playing it blind I got the impression the last act was tagged on.

It's got charm but I don't think challenge exists anywhere in the game.

i bet you want to pov olivers neg mancunt you disgusting animal

oh, you too, i guess

Amazing visuals, mediocre gameplay

Was my GOTY.
The first JRPG since Persona 3 that I really enjoyed from beginning to end.

For some reason Cred Forums hates it, but I thought it was decent enough. Unfortunately it starts out strong and goes steadily downhill towards the ending, which is just sort of meh. Still overall good though.

wtf happened to the sequel I thought we'd have seen something new by now

>And even while playing it blind
>and even

god, how else do you play video games? with a guide or youtube video in background?

Better off as a movie. As a game, it's pretty poor.

Once I unlocked multiple party members the game became unplayable for me. Why is it so fucking unfun and unintuitive? I was really enjoying it up until then.

I meant "blind" for my impression of the last act. As in "Without having been exposed to the knowledge that the last act and all the intercutting was structurally tacked on, and didn't exist in the first release of the game."

Cool concept turned grindfest

this to be desu
i like the ghibli movies but this game is just boring pokemon

>grindfest
You never had to grind.

great presentation, feels like a classic rpg, your AI partners are brain dead retarded which make battles more hard than should be, the monster catching and raising aspect is kinda dull and boring

8/10 it's ok

I figured at the time it was as close as we'd get to HD 3D Pokeymans.
I liked the art, and it had a good comfy sense of adventure. Worth a playthrough.

Good familiars include Puss in Boats, the big Sasquatch, that big Dino thing, the penguin, the griffin (which was DLC), the manta-ray, and Captain Whamtastic
Never ended up catching a Toko.

there is a ni no kuni 2 something about a prince

I don't have time to play console RPGs. On a handheld I would have liked it.

Had fun.
Lots of end game content wich I dont care about but great that its there.

Good visual presentation.

Okay audio. It all sounds nice at first but it gets old and boring really fast.

Mediocre gameplay. Seriously, it's bad.

I liked this game until I tried to get all of the trophies. 99/100 treasures, missing like five recipes or some shit, a little over half the pokedex and I just got so absolutely sick of it that I put it down for good.

it was on DS, Japan only, but just play Pokemon.
The appeal was the visuals

I'd never heard of Studio Ghibli before this game

actually there was next to no end-game content if I remember right

Looks and sounds absolutely fantastic, of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=5rFUpugGbJA

As a game? It's alright, a solid if somewhat unremarkable early-'00s style JRPG.

Posting best track
youtube.com/watch?v=7EWAzwjmux4

Everything about it was great except for the actual gameplay. I really enjoy the familiar's designs but the battling was god awful

Those bosses were pretty difficult

>great story
>awesome artstyle
>tons of things to discover
Cons:
>shit gameplay
>way too much grinding or invisible-search toko-repeat
>evolving your mon, while it´s not the max level will give your stat disadvantages
>evolving your mon and it will start from level 1 again

Oh Nessie, and the first birdlike thing in the forest are the best mons for oliver.

They weren't difficult, but they massively changed the playstyle of the game. It quickly became Kingdom Hearts levels of bullshit combat, due to having to run around nonstop.

Great Artstyle
Great Sountrack
Very charming
Meh story with a nice twist
Meh gameplay, enjoyable imo

I liked it a lot.

That's not playing blind tho. Or do you constantly spoil games for yourself then decided if you want to play it or not while calling it shit?

Gorgeous, cute, interesting....
And terrible after you get your third party member.

The combat AI for your teammates is brain dead and will actively fuck you over by wasting all their mp or trying to melee fight a strong monster even if you set tactics appropriately.

I wanted to love the game and when I was solo or it was just me and one retard I could throw a tanky monster to I did, but the third party member was the tipping point.

God what a disappointing game

Absolutely not.
Some were a bit more challenging, but overall you could easily kill any bosses, even that huge special one, without any grinding at all. Any at all.

You never had to grind if you got lucky with captures.

Some monsters hit a wall hard and leaving your idiot AI with spellcasters will fuck you sideways

I had to go back and capture one of those early cats and grind him up through 2 promotions

The combat menu was pretty shit, what with having to scroll through the options to get to the one you want when everything was running in real-time.