Valkyria Profile

Heard many good things about it. Is it worth a playthrough? What can I expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M_auKi3Z_5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=vqs065ua0yQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Play on hard.

This

every other difficulty setting is actually broken to the point where they're both harder than Hard mode itself and locks you out of many customization options and a huge part of the game later vn

I have heard that the true end is pretty hard to get without a guide
Should I go for the true end first or just beat the game on my own and get whatever ending I reach ?

I recommend skimming a guide to be honest. Don't ruin everything but the true ending is 100% better and you'll never get it alone.

You head right. Yes. Play on hard and use a guide just lightly enough to reach the true ending if you only intend to play it once.

sadness
the good kind

you should expect NIBELUNG VALESTI

>what can i expect?
a bad ending unless you are playing with a guide

It will probably be engraved upon his soul.

I tend to expect staking everything on this single blow.

am i the only one who doesn't like valkyrie profile very much? the pacing is all over the place with stories that takes an eternity to get through, every character that isn't related to the main plot pretty much stop to exist once their 5 minute of glory pass and half of them ends up with some really dumb and contrived reason for them to nobly sacrifice themself, the game can be easily broken (like most tri-ace game) if you know the right exploits

one boner inducing cutscene that never goes anywhere

[SPOILER]TO MY SIDE, MY NOBLE EINHERJAR[/SPOILER]

It's a great game. You'll need a guide to get the true ending though.

smartphone typing fail

Let's hope that you learned your lesson.

Also voice acting was pretty decent for the time EXCEPT FOR GODDAMN LEZARD VALETH WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING

amidoinitrite?

Are you still posting on a phone?

yes

Then no. You are in fact not doing it right. I'm so sorry user.

A definite masterpiece

>I have heard that the true end is pretty hard to get without a guide
Not hard, more like near impossable because there are no clues as to what, when, and why you need to do certain thing to get the best ending.

Is there a spoiler free guide on the best ending?

Impossible on your first play-through. There are clues to figure it out but it's meant to take a few play-throughs. The game is designed to be played multiple times, but I appreciate that most don't have the time to do that once they're out of school.

You can expect to follow a guide

Arngrim and Lezard are voiced by the same trans

Second this

I could easily see someone playing the game 10 times and never getting the good ending.

Most of the guides you find on gamefaqs won't spoil much.

I always wondered what the fuck "Purify Weird Soul" meant

was it just a really bad translation?

They started calling them Soul Crushes in later games.

Weird or Wyrd was a way of saying evil or unholy or strange or whatever in older english.

So you're purifying their demonic souls basically.

How many feels does this game produce?

some

PSX or PSP version guys?

youtube.com/watch?v=M_auKi3Z_5Y
VS
youtube.com/watch?v=vqs065ua0yQ

Debatable, some people like the 90's anime scenes from the PSX version, some like the 3D CGI scenes from the PSP. Can't go wrong either way. I think the PSP has more extras though.

>Everything is weird as fuck and obtuse
Sums up most tri-ace games

They used to make gold jerry. This, radiata stories, old star ocean.

>Tri Ace will never EVER make anything like Valkyrie Profile or Star Ocean 2 again
>they will also nevermake a sequel to Resonance of Fate that fixes it's problems

They also made a few forgettable RPGs for the 360. One had a shitload of characters. The fag MC had some flute, and I never figured out what the game was about.
Then there was Resonance of Fate, oh boy.

If you have a PSP or an hacked Vita there's really no reasons to play the PSX version. There's even undubbed versions of the PSP version while I'm not sure there's one for the PSX.

>found Resonance fucking amazing
>tfw Tri-Ace said RoF was "a perfect guide about how NOT to make an RPG"

Why would you ever give up english lenneth though.

They're making a "spiritual successor" to valkyrie profile that uses that awful 3d artstyle and the character look like tropey garbage compared to VP. I'm sad in advance.

Man, PPSSPP is pretty impressive
will use more

It's fucking magic. It makes no sense. And the ui is way better than the original system. Sony should be hiring the people behind it imo.

An overrated game that's only interesting element is Lezard and the relationship of Valkyrie and Lucian

>every other difficulty setting is actually broken to the point where they're both harder than Hard mode itself and locks you out of many customization options and a huge part of the game later vn
My mind boggles to know developers can fuck up this hard...

Dunno. Maybe they thought having access to harder dungeons and having people start at level 1 was harder somehow despite all the advantages?

Or maybe they didn't anticipate autistic levels of bracelet of ZOE abuse.

Can anyone tell me how to do special attacks during combat? I saw some guy do combos once including slides and attacking from the back and such.

psp version cutscenes are very pretty. But the music in the psx intro just nails the timing with the video and the animation is weird but very stimulating to watch.