what did you guys think of GTAO?

For some reason I can't stop coming back to it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7o-hrADMal8
youtube.com/watch?v=Orkwj-zVvFM
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQxASd77eZNVg0qtqZt8MhsiPaLRJVKK9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Normalfag shit that ruined Rockstar.

I liked it a lot, I haven't played it in a long time though. The last time I did, it was just filled with hackers who would force your game to crash if you so much as clipped their car by accident.

I also met some very kind hackers who would spray money on the ground for hours at a time so I can't complain

We'll never get anything as good as TLaD and TBoGT because they can just profit off of making half-assed DLC for GTAO.

Those games didn't even have anything to do on multiplayer. It was just free roam with a few missions nobody played.

Samp is better.

It's scoping in to becoming, in its final days, the product of consumerism rather than the players.
First they planned the dates for update release because of I assume that it keeps them coming back, and the regular intervals created opportunity to weed out the hackers, modders; the 'easy ways out'.

The whole 'free dlc' thing is like a hidden fine print deal still where you're grinding like a slave to earn your in-game wage, no matter how different you can word it or execute it, even with glitches. The Shark card business is still booming and ultimately newer shinier things are still being bought and given that sweet Chrome and bizarre Lego colouring, or some retarded gold plating.

It still suffers from indiscretion between player and prick and you're stuck in with the bad crowd or banned for picking up literal bags of money, and that whole account transfer thing was a bitch too.

Though it has become more enjoyable the old game is just grind grind grind and the new gen version is pretty much the same on a larger scale, unless you invest your time and league of friends who are sometimes just a desperate group formed to make more money.

Certainly not a shitshow, but will never be what it promised to be.

I agree with but I did like GTAO whenever me and my buddies were new to it, and we were having fun just going around doing missions and fucking about in los santos for hours on end every night.
It stopped being as fun once we realized you can't actually get a good supercar or anything without grinding that one survival mission for weeks straight, or buying a Shark Card.
I stopped playing before heists came out, so I have no idea if those ever made the game fun or not.

Heists were fun but they can be extremely fucking irritating too. Instead of each player having individual lives, you all share 'team lives'.

9/10 times you'll end up with one idiot on your team who wastes all of those lives time after time until the only thing left to do is quit and sit through ANOTHER ten minute load screen.

all the DLC is free. They make their money of shark cards. They release 10 new cars at $3 million each and most people don't want to grind that much and buy cards. It's pretty genius. You don't need to spend a penny though

If anything the heists increased the inefficiency in the community and ruined the fun for a lot of people.

You get access to some really cool stuff but now those people who used to chase you with an Entity and sticky bomb you all the time have a 6 seater armored car in chrome paint (also there's a version with a heavy mg on top) that can take more punishment than a tank.

Also there's the connection issues, bad players, terrible payouts, limited heist access and some of the reward vehicles aren't even as good as they are in-mission eg the UH-1Y Venom has 2 side guns and a rotary cannon but can be shot down by small arms way too easily.

When you fail a heist the load time is like 15 seconds

>you all share 'team lives'.

I swear to fucking god, it's like they never even played their own game.

That really bums me out that they sucked, because everyone I was playing it with back then thought heists were going to be cool as shit like they were in multiplayer.

>cool as shit like they were in multiplayer.

I am retarded

I meant like they were in singleplayer.

Restarting takes 15 minutes but I said quitting the heist takes ages. You know the whole screen zooms out and you stare down at the ground through the clouds screen that R* doesn't want to call a load screen.

most people grind the pacstan heist. It pays out around $350k and takes 5 minutes. If you have a buddy there's a glitch where you can just redo the heist finale over and over and get mad money

15 seconds I mean, brain fart

a kilometer ahead of IV's multiplayer, a meter short of SA MP

>not superior MTA

I take a look after every update. Can't stand to play it for too long.

""""Free""""

Its mostly removed content that they put back in for increased shelf life, its not unheard of in games but its scummy as fuck to keep advertising "DUDE FREE DLC LMAO" which turns out to be a few shitty game modes or custom maps no one plays (No one does anything other than freeroam or race) with maybe a weapon that still has files for it on the original 360 disc

I don't know why people always claim SAMP is better because it's not. They're probably just being hipster contrarians.

I like it. I play it with /gtag/ every now and then. Stunt races are cool

my experience was the polar opposite.

i played it a few times, found out incredibly boring and never touched it again.

is it because i have no friends?

They add cars and shir regularly. They added a whole new stunt race thing a few weeks ago. Some of the community made maps are insane. It's free. They make their money selling sharkcards because people are too lazy to grind $3 million for the flavor of the month super car

It has all the makings of the best online game ever but is ruined by a number of things.

>Rock$tar jewing the fuck out of everything.
>In game hackers ruining any form of economy
>Rock$tar claiming that hackers ruined the economy and how they deserved to be banned for unfairly getting in game currency but see no issue with how selling shark cards would ruin the in game economy if it worked the way they intended.
>Load screens, all the time, that take forever
>Lock on aim
>You've been a bad sport, where does this mentality fit in with any GTA game?
>Doing shit like playing golf takes forever to load and then it connects you to another private golfing server instead of being in real time. I understand that players could just run you down on the golf course but that's the risk you'd take for playing in public servers and, of course, would at least be funny as fuck atleast a few times.
>Character creation being needlessly complicated and overall ugly
>Apartments all looking the same

That's off the top of my head anyhow.

>>You've been a bad sport, where does this mentality fit in with any GTA game?

I get where you're coming from, but I'm pretty sure people were getting killed over and over so much by dudes with fighter jets/tanks/a supercar and stickies, that they'd just stop playing altogether.

hackerbux are no longer a thing. Rockstar bans the fuck out of anybody even trying to use a menu now

>grand theft auto
>you are unable to steal peoples cars

that was my problem from day 1

a meter short of that, too

literally all the game needs is dedicated servers and user GMs who can enforce or set restrictions like weapons/visibility/etc, and it would be leagues better than what it is now

Kek
e
k
Menus are still a thing, completely undetected and they don't have fun options anymore, I hope you enjoy Godmodded stuff

>What did you guys think of GTAO

>H-HURR GO TO THIS GENERAL OF PEOPLE WHO OBVIOUSLY ENJOY THE GMAE

no-one's talking about your dead thread little fuccboi lmao

blam blam you doin' pirouettes when i hit u with dem hollow tips

I surveyed the community and checked the requests for what we'd need content wise, the results were this in no particular order of request;

>More military vehicles, arms customization
>Merryweather functionality and Merc crew appeal/ Bounty hunters
>'Street Kids' focused DLC, skater and hoodlum roleplayer appeal
>In-game stock market focused on highest ranking crews and their 'shares' via multi-warehouse gain
>Pay increase for 'freelance' jobs
>Apartment customization and garage
>Screening fan-made content in cinemas
>Biker DLC and turf wars
>More sports like actual baseball, more 'legal' work like courier services and delivery; trophy displays and tournaments to make them actually appealing sports
>That cut cop content and corrupt cops
>Hunting tournaments
>Fight clubs against successive NPC's eg TBoGT's fight club
>Night club access and yacht party hosting
>More heists; train heist, plane heist (sensitive because 9/11), sea heist, kidnapping, very difficult ones that pay in a fuckton of cash

There was more but does anyone like these ideas? Suggest more if you can I'm still collecting ideas.

you can make money too easily with crates now

Shit.

>'Street Kids' focused DLC, skater and hoodlum roleplayer appeal
>Biker DLC and turf wars

Why do the fans (let a lone Rockstar) even bother with DLC like this? There's no sense of lateral movement in this game. Anyone who wants this stuff is guaranteed to go back to their office/jet/yacht/etc. once they get bored of it because dedicating yourself to those aspects might only hurt you in the long run. There's not much incentive to go any other route..

I got banned 10 days for modding money. Went to play again after that and got banned for a month within 10 minutes of playing legit. It's almost like Rockstar didn't like people modding. I'm sad now.

Understandable but the person I asked of the Street Kids thing actually was more appointed to the aesthetic because they restricted their character.
The appeal for a broader audience would lie in the matter of its intricacy; that is, how it's simple in a world where the last model supercar is the standard.

They suggested games like Paper Route where you courier drugs by bicycle and with a pistol to houses and you'd have to guess whether or not they'd jump you INSIDE the house.
Or maybe American Hero where it's like The Beast but you have one baseball bat wielding hero who faces waves of weaker aggressors in melee.
And even Hood Rats where it's basically a race to collect the most amount of cars by value in a short time, or Neighbourhood Watch where you have to defend marked areas from mugger players.

Too bad it's such a niche appeal to make GTA into survival rather than a power fantasy.

Most of these problems are fixed with having friends but yeah its a pain in pubs. You can make bank by just repeating Pacific Standard with competent people.

>have pacstan finale ready
>have a friend who has pacstan finale ready
>start finale as host
>give yourself 0% and split the whole payout between the other 3
>do heist
>host sits in the backseat of the boat at the end
>host closes his gta (as in shut the game off) when you pass under the bridge
>host can repeat the heist without doing setups and the rest of the crew get 100% of the payout

That's why you need a buddy. You do it for him then he does it for you and so on. You can make a shitload of money real quick. You know you got it right if only 3 people show up in the lester warehouse scene. If the host is there then you goofd

Whaaaat?
I'm so trying that out. Thanks user.

I had fun playing it with /vg/. I mostly messed around in the editor though.
The best stuff is the player created playlists. Its fun to run the heists once or twice but then it gets boring really fast.
It used to be gay as fuck where youd get charged incredible amounts for destroying people's vehicles and theyd try to grief you constantly forcing you to outrun them or shoot them in the head through the window.
Anti-air auto aim crap basically ruins everything in the air short of being a jetfag or running a like 5-man heli.
The rockets that youd actually want people to have and use skill shot wise are behind like a 300hr lvl 75 barrier.
So it really kills gameplay mechanics. Everyone typically uses sniper and anti-air rockets.

If you are an aggressive pvp player, you will essentially burn all of your money just defending yourself unless you go through all the effort of ditching people.
A lot of the armored cars have really shitty models and its nearly impossible to hit them.
The cops are pretty fucking lame too.
They are annoying and just cheese and feels like they were not completed.

You blow through like 300k in 20 minutes in explosives by people who keep attacking you with armored cars and tanks they can spawn every like 2min for free.
In comparison, running a heist takes about an hour and only gives you about 400k.

Some of the heists you can team up with koreans and make them do everything while you sit at your apartment and smoke weed.
Which is the best part of this game.

Hunting down people in first person on your motorcycle feels pretty fucking good too

youtube.com/watch?v=7o-hrADMal8
youtube.com/watch?v=Orkwj-zVvFM
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQxASd77eZNVg0qtqZt8MhsiPaLRJVKK9

>Lol dude look at me fly this helecopter around and one-shot people

who thought that was interesting enough to make a video about
if it was you, your video sucks

>/gtag/
>enjoying GTAO
good one

it was one of the /vg/ members before he deployed i think
show me your video not many of the /vg/ people record

>Person with money running at the front
Why does this trigger me

/gtag/ does these kind of pacstan runs all the time, in case you're looking for people

San Andreas multiplayer
>filled with events
>show off your pimped ride at the car show
>cops and robbers
>races, in the world, not instanced, and no one ruins the race by killing everyone
>actual roleplay

GTA Online
>leave apartment, get shot
>leave hospital, get shot
>go to the shops, get shot
>do anything, get shot

GTAO is filled with children without imaginations who just use the world as a deathmatch map, so fucking boring.

Must be my inner /o/ speaking but it would be nice if they added more grounded cars(i.e. shitboxes) instead of of Concept hypercars that look absolutely vulgar.
Like some of the earlier updates.(Beach Bum, Not a Hipster)

>inb4 idiot kid says "git gud" while completely missing the point

lol seriously git gud and git friends. You can have plenty of fun in gtao

To be honest, the reason why I even bought GTA was to experience the online.

I have never touched it and just 100% the single player.

No regret, it's not something I give a shit about since it's filled with casual teen cancer faggots.

sounds like you took one step in, saw something you didn't like, and recoiled back into a space where you couldn't be bested

>play around on server with about 7 people in my crew
>some kiddo who just wants to kill indiscriminately shows up and kills one of us
>we all gang up on the little shit and spawncamp him
>eventually goes passive and goes "wooow, took four of you to kill me"
Every time

I really preferred GTA IV Online over V's.

I know V has a freemode but the fact that its an option and not the default is what kind of bugs me. Leveling up for weapons is so stupid. The whole point of GTA was to be an open world where you just do whatever you want. Go on missions, blow people up. Whatever.

But i havent played online in ages so i dunno maybe things have changed, and i wanna say I dont hate GTAO its just..i dunno..leveling up seems so not GTA.

if you play alone then what else can you expect. you have to join a crew if you want to do other things.