Those people that go "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANT TO BE NEUTRAL! WHY DOESN'T THIS GAME ALLOW ME TO BE NEUTRAL!!?!?!...

>Those people that go "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANT TO BE NEUTRAL! WHY DOESN'T THIS GAME ALLOW ME TO BE NEUTRAL!!?!?!? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" in an RPG

Is there anything more pathetic?

And to all you neutralfags, please post some compelling choices (or non-choices) a neutral character could make.

>Is there anything more pathetic?
No. There is nothing more pathetic than a Mass Effect fan.

I love this pasta

The only thing more pathetic is making the same thread every day.

>this thread again

We've been over this, choices don't need to be compelling in a RPG. Limiting them in one is retarded. Now stop posting

Is there anything more pathetic than copy and pasting the same thread every week?

Black and white morality systems are pure, unfltered, nuance-lacking cancer. It pains me that people like you exist.

If you're shiposting, why not shitpost with something new?

Don't you have cat dick to be posting somewhere?

>choices don't need to be compelling in a RPG.

kys

I bet you're a Telltale fan too lmao

epic "ree's" my fellow oldfag channer

I don't think the issue is that there should be neutral choices, but that actions should have logical consequence. The naivety of morality in games is that 'good' choices always have the best outcomes. It would be interesting to play a game where the right thing to do isn't always the best thing to do and that ultimately you can't save everyone, every action should have a consequence

So basically the problem is bad writing

And pray tell good sir, what are you a fan of? :^)

I loved how different Renegade Shep felt in ME2, shame being a Renegade in ME3 was basically Paragon-lite.

Natural history museum, I was there yeaterday

>this choice is clearly good
>this choice is clearly bad
>look, we even painted the choices so you won't get confused

you're punished for doing a neutral character because the game locks you out of crucial plot choices unless you maxed out a certain path, it's moronic

Obsidian does this exact same thing if you don't grind out Dispositions in Pillars of Eternity, yet Obsidiots act like they're geniuses

Not an argument. and I don't even know of any Telltale games but the Batman one which I've heard about from here. Real RPGs, not Witcher or j"""""RPG""" shit, should allow for the most freedom possible so you can actually roleplay a character.

>pray

LMAO

Being a full-on paragon

For Second son I would of liked the option to tell the morons to work out how to not be fuckwits on their own, I was there for their powers anyway.

I'll play devil's advocate here.
You are locked out of certain Paragon/Renegade choices because you sit on the fence too much and fail to develop the mentality of a true Paragon/Renegade.
Let's say you're a good guy who always takes a Paragon's path when dealing with problems. Your morality simply won't allow you to be a huge dick to warrant a super Renegade response.

Cred Forums criticizes games for being about wish fulfillment (especially if the game has romances), then whines and cries when their wish fulfillment of being an edgy neutral badass doesn't come true

I don't think cats have dicks, user.

>Let's say you're a good guy who always takes a Paragon's path when dealing with problems. Your morality simply won't allow you to be a huge dick to warrant a super Renegade response.

This would be an acceptable excuse if the game handled its morality choices appropriately, the fact that I can go around basically being space Jesus and be presented with an option to flat out punch a news reporter in the face makes no sense.

Shepard is supposed to be whoever you want him to be, if I wanted him to be a bipolar nitwit that jumps all over the moral spectrum I should have the option to play that character. Instead I'm forced to play a morally black or white character just so I can get the best possible dialogue choices. There's no reason to block me out of certain choices, especially since they have so little if any effect on the progress of the main plot, barring a few lines of text.

JUUUST

DA:I may be shit, but I kinda liked what you can do at the ball in Orlais. There's the empress, her army's commander and her spymaster, and you can choose to side with any one of them or any combination of them.

You can go the SMT route of heaven, hell, or neutral.

In SMT neutrality is usually the best path

A lot of games only have two options though and they're pretty black and white. You either kill the evil demon king or join him and take over the world. There's no fucking third option and it wouldn't make sense. What, you only half join the demon king and let him take over half the world?

you mean get the money, save your dog or let millions of people die? okay peepee mollynew

That's not the problem, you dimwit. The problem is that both approaches basically give you the exact same results every time.

>you get to tell someone off in an aggressive way, or a pacifist way and get the same reward

Wew, CHOICES!

JUUUST

you can play as a neutral character. it's just that in some situations you're not going to be persuasive enough to fix it. but that's what true neutrality is about, letting mother nature run her cycle around you while you are just a small part of it all.

>kys
>lmao
you seem like an intelligent individual who understands the topics being discussed

your pasta

>is there anything more pathetic?

The fact that you need to constantly make these threads to validate choices you've made that nobody besides yourself will ever see.

It's not that I'm interested in playing a neutral character, it's that I dislike almost all morality mechanics, and would like to be able to ignore them without it impacting the rest of the game.

Cute foxxo

>This thread has been made 39 times and is identical to the previous 38
>Only deleted 10 times