Why do the Arkham games have such easy and shitty combat systems? This challenge map for example...

Why do the Arkham games have such easy and shitty combat systems? This challenge map for example. If I sucked in the first three rounds, it wouldn't even matter.

Even with the indicators turned off, you're still watching for the enemy animations and it's still super easy. (Unless you're an idiot or something.)

It'd be one thing if the story was actually good, but it's incredibly poorly written and relies too much on all of the same things that make Batman stories bad. (IT WAS ACTUALLY ANOTHER BAD GUY ALL ALONG!!!!1)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-08-13-what-european-developers-need-to-know-about-american-online-gamers
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>mfw I've always liked Batman combat

And there's nothing you can do to stop me!

Why are you so bad at games?

JUST

I've never been into third person melee games, but Batman feels extremely fun and satisfying to me while being accessible.

Stay mad, turbonerd. I'm off to an orgy with my fellow normies.

Pic related, it's you right now.

Same, the counter system is a great idea, it just needs some tweaks to make it harder and thus better.

Batman combat is shit, I bet I could beat you at melee games and at beer pong.

>melee games

what did he mean by this

Arkham Asylum
>Joker is the bad guy, no other villain was the mastermind

Arkham City
>Hugo was in leagues with Ras, pitting other bad guys against Batman

Arkham Origins
>it was Joker all along!

Arkham Knight
>Scarecrow and the Arkham Knight remain the bad guys from start till finish, with other baddies along the way giving Batman trouble

>(IT WAS ACTUALLY ANOTHER BAD GUY ALL ALONG!!!!1)
>Only happened in one game

What the fuck are you talking about user?

The flashier it looks, while being as easy as possible, the more rewarding it feels for casuals.

There is an image somewhere of an article that explains reward systems.

Victory makes the player feel better through brain chemistry.

Stylish action, whatever. He said third person melee so I just followed suit.

Couldn't find that image, don't you have it?.

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-08-13-what-european-developers-need-to-know-about-american-online-gamers

Here,it took some time to find the article.

>don't want to spend hours in a tutorial
>this makes americans stupid

You got a shit score though? You clearly had trouble with it.

>When Americans can't count

Say what you will, it has the best combat of its type.

I like it.

I mean, it fits in story-based games with exploration like Arkham where combat is not all you do.

Battling a bunch of standard mobs can be done while asleep but when you start throwing tazer/shield/rifle guys in getting a perfect score starts to become harder.

Part of the fun is using gadgets too

This.

You are Batman, you are SUPPOSED to be op as fuck.

But doing it in style with variation combos is what makes it great.

A bit like devil may cry I suppose.