Tabletop RPGs

Can someone explain the appeal of Tabletop RPGs like D&D and Pathfinder? I get the gist of it, that you create your character with race, gender, class, alignment, and then the DM reads out the story (game?) to you? Isn't this basically playing pretend like we did when we were 7? How the fuck do you even "win" these games or end them? And why do adults find this fun? It's basically playing pretend plus RNG (stats and dice). How is that a game? Why is it so popular? I'm asking on Cred Forums because I've played videogames all my life, and I don't want answers from the 30 year olds on /tg/.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dungeons_&_Dragons_adventures
pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Pathfinder_Modules
wh40klib.ru/rpg/Dark Heresy II/DH 2E - Core Rulebook.pdf
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/dark-heresy/pdf/shattered-hope-big.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/h351f05cfxs8y//FFG Star Wars RPG
youtube.com/watch?v=mVklX6oxQsc&list=PLwa6fmqvU-4Ez0HQk44EINy4f78UqpS8w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did you play pretend using 500-page rulesets when you were 7 too? Then yes, it's exactly like that.

In a videogame if you want to grope the bar wench and the devs never gave you the option to you simply cant. Ever.

In DnD if you grope the bar wench there can be a whole slew of events that happen from it and is only limited by the imagination of the players and the DM.

People always cry and demand an open game where you can do anything and everything but it already exists and pre dates all of the digital video games. Its paper RPGs. You just have to not have total morons to play with to have fun.

It's fun because you typically are not constrained by video games assets and linearity, you can do pretty much whatever the fuck you want as long as it's within the ruleset framework. It's also a great bonding experience and RNG introduces all sorts of goofy and interesting situations.

I can understand why you can't see the appeal, as you need friends to enjoy it.

Its some of the best fun you can have with a group of friends.

The dice rolling is secondary to this interaction.

It was great before computers

If you wanted a /tg/ stories thread, you only had to ask.

>advantages
>can talk
This is some furfag shit isn't it?

The GOAT

It's something you need to just try. Most people who have never played find it odd. After they play a couple time they love it.

Just imagine skyrim but good and limitless. You can actually climb that mountain.

You remember when Peter Molyneux said 'You can do ANYTHING?' when he was talking about Fable?
Well in DnD, you can actually literally do ANYTHING.
It's the version of Fable you always wanted, but good.

Well if why would I want to do that in a non-sandbox-like game? If I'm playing Dota and Crystal Maiden is my support in lane, I don't think "man I wish I could feel those titties XD FUCK VALVE for not coding that in man". The aim of Dota is to destroy the ancient, they give you enough freedom to do that.

So it's the same thing as shooting the shit with friends basically? How is that fun exactly? A game should be playable with anybody, I can play chess, Mario Kart, TF2 with randoms and have fun. And "imagination" really defeats the point of it being a game.

But Skyrim is not really an RPG and more of a sandbox game because of the insane amount of mods. Also when I do this stuff in a game it feels real, while if I imagine this stuff in a tabletop RPG I feel childish.

looks dope af

modern videogames are dead anyway

its time to go back to the roots

Computers predate PnP RPGs.

Do you feel childish when you read books too? It's pretty much the same thing regarding imagination.

>If I'm playing Dota and Crystal Maiden is my support in lane, I don't think "man I wish I could feel those titties
What are you, a homo gay fag man?

>I can play all these games with random and have fun

o m I laffn

Ok PCs then you don't have to be so autistic

Clearly, the only truly dult thing he does is playing DotA.

Stop comparing them to videogames, because they aren't.

They're a different kind of fun, its all about interaction with other players and the world.

Personal computers were already a thing in the seventies.

>it's the same thing as shooting the shit with friends basically? How is that fun exactly?
It's okay that you don't have any friends, user. Just try not to be so bitter about it.

Pen and paper is cooperative writing.

Sorry you can't write OP

Except he promised to do it without having to interact with other people, which was the real draw.

>So it's the same thing as shooting the shit with friends basically? How is that fun exactly?
If spending time with your friends isn't fun, you should invest in new friends.
>A game should be playable with anybody, I can play chess, Mario Kart, TF2 with randoms and have fun.
Are you saying that playing DOTA with a bunch of randoms from the interwebs is the same thing as playing with a 5-stack of your mates? Sure, you can find some people online that want to play D&D, but it's not quite the same thing.
>And "imagination" really defeats the point of it being a game.
I don't see how.

this is a simple answer, yes, but it's valid: all games are pretend. You invent the rules and you invent the goals. The winner is decided based on those rules and goals. The end.

Playing vidya on pc you have to adhere to a linear story and a very tight set of rules.

Playing DnD with your bros have you adhere to an open story (usually) and a more loose set of rules.
In p&p all rules and story is governed by a person instead of a pc. I don't get how this can be considered childish.

You basically roleplay to tell and act out a cool story with a bunch of friends.

I use skyrim so most people can relate because it's one of the most popular fantasy games.

It won't feel childish if you are in the right game with the right people. If I sit a the table and the DMC is running some over the top anime shit then yes I feel childish. If the dm is running a more "pure" fantasy I feel better. Why do you feel childish?

Me and a bunch of mostly normal weeb-lites got together to play Pathfinder. We ransacked a Necromancer's tower and cleaned it out, but there was hardly anything you could call treasure.
Instead, we decided to make it our base of operations, it was an old abandoned tower that served as a lighthouse at some point, with an amazing basement built into natural caves and whatnot.
I decided that we needed someone to watch over the place while we were away, so I talked the DM into letting us adopt some orphans. Had to bluff and bargain our way into adopting some cute slaves, but it worked. We timeskipped a year or two, in order to hand-wave some training for them. Now they were full-fledged maids AND we gave them a level in a class. I had made mine a blind Oracle to supplement my Summoner, my other friends picked Warrior/Archer/Rogue, that kind of stuff.

We ended up having subsequent adventures, one was our main PC's doing the crazy dungeon diving, gelatinous cube fighting, hardcore adventure stuff. Meanwhile our maids would have adventures procuring goods for the Tower, solving local mysteries and what-not.
Had an adventure where we were invited to a town gala, as honored guests since we were doing good deeds for the town. It involved us and our maids working in tandem and shit hit the fan with the town being targeted by an invading army. What a blast that was.

For me, it's about the fun stories that emerge from p&p

You have clearly just turned 18 and have a warped view of what's "adult" pen and paper RPGs are a social game where you have access to a world that is limitless in potential, and the fun is making your own story and shaping the world around you whole having RPG rules and mechanics, lots of people play it from lots of age groups, it's no less "adult" than videogames, and dota has way more kids playing it, so really dota is more childish in player base and attitude for the game

>And "imagination" really defeats the point of it being a game.
>implying only videogames are considered games
>OP literally admits to having no imagination

My friends are just people, spending time with certain people just talking about shit is boring, my friends aren't AMAAAZING that I love every minute I spend with them, they're not superhuman. I would not play Dota with a 5-stack of my friends as the skill level would vary, some of them might not even find it as fun as I do.

A PC can perform thousands of calculations a second, leading to games like Kerbal Space Program. On PC games are masteries of their genre, no jack of all trades.

All this talk of orcs and elves and dwarves and shit, with Bags of Holding and "spot checks" and rolling the dice for stats, it's just so childish all of it, it's a group of fully grown men acting out a fairytale.

I have just turned 18, but I live in the UK and have not once seen people playing D&D or any other tabletop RPG, nobody had ever mentioned it during all my school years, it was just something I heard about online and knew what it was really. Tabletop seems like some really niche thing, is it dying or something? Was there a tabletop fad like Pokemon Go now?

Using your imagination just feels wrong, it feels like I am half-assing a "game" together from what I know already.

>Isn't this basically playing pretend like we did when we were 7?
yeah and that was cash as fuck

Have you missed the part where games like DnD and Pathfinder are even more rule governed than the video games based on them?

This. Some of my best memories were playing pretend as a kid. DnD allows you to do that but with less "I hit you" "nu uh, you missed" "uh huh I did hit you"

Wow, you sound like a dull fucking person. I love hanging out with friends, whether it be playing vidya, going to a hockey game, making jokes, or doing table top. Your friends shouldn't be just another person, they should be someone you can turn to if going through hard times, or someone you can kick back with while having a beer and talking about stupid shit. God, I'd hate to have you as a friend because you obviously don't get what goes into choosing and being a friend.

>"it's just so childish all of it"
>t. someone who plays MOBAs
the fucking irony

For my friends and i it comes down do building a story and world together. Instead of complaining about it and not seeing why people enjoy it, you can play online, for free, with groups. You might learn something about yourself

I don't understand why people feel the need to disrespect, or not like, something without having ever tried it.

It's fun if you genuinely enjoy being around the people you are playing with, If you don't then you start wondering why you are playing cosplay is a bland fantasy world.

> can someone explain to me the appeal of having real friends?

Holy shit the autism is real.

It's clearly impossible to convince you so please forget about getting into tabletop RPGs as you would be the worst sort of person to play with. Go back to vidya and never leave.

Though you're probably an annoying cunt on DotA as well desu.

I agree with this user.

I'm fairly certain OP is baiting or schizoid personality.

>Isn't this basically playing pretend like we did when we were 7?
Yep and also like how I played games when I was 7 too.
>How the fuck do you even "win" these games or end them?
When you conquer your own self determined goals; sort of like when you say you are trying to beat a game on hard difficulty or whatever you objective is while playing games. The same way you can "beat" a software program
>How is that a game?
Game: a form of play or sport, especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.
It does this.
>Why is it so popular?
It's surprisingly fun, I just started last year and even roped in like 4 of my normie friends who don't even play vidya. It's just a form of play that is fun and entertaining. It just takes more imagination on the players part, rather that solely putting it on the game developer. DMs still get the brunt of that responsibility though. Plus real life interaction with others is a plus.

This isn't autism user, this is incurable extreme normie-ness, where everything must be laid out for you and any difficulty is to be disregarded with baseless name-calling.

Remember those times in elementry school where you played super heroes and shit.

Its like that, but with rules and beer.

Pretty much every normie that I know has enjoyed tabletop RPGs in the past or is at the very least, intrigued by the idea of them. I think the dude is just retarded.

FUCK ELVES

I've introduced a decent number of normies into pathfinder and none of them expect their hands to be held like OP, though.

Always wanted to play a tabletop RPG but I'm too worried I'll be surrounded by smelly autists to join a club or anything if the sort and none of my friends are interested.

>It's surprisingly fun, I just started last year
CritRole?

>I have just turned 18
>Using your imagination just feels wrong

I think this is the crux of the matter.

> it's a group of fully grown men acting out a fairytale.

As opposed to one sat on their own playing through a fairytale limited by the other people who made it for them?

You do know that The Elder Scrolls was originally the devs' own D&D world which they made into the games, right?

Same, except there haven't been a club around here since the mid-90s. I love my friends and all, but tabletop is the one thing they are not willing to do.

Try it, the stereotype is only somewhat true. You can meet an awesome group of people, or a bunch of dick bags, but that comes with meeting any new group.

Well most people here are "normies" as /r9k/ would say, I don't even mention that I play games to people as they would find it immature, none of my friends even play games apart from typical CoD/FIFA shit.

For winning MOBAs you need strategy and a game plan, especially with randoms

I'm not the one imagining fantasy bullshit with the whole "game" being some shit you make up in your head.

Not bait

Most games, whether real life or vidya have some sort of goal. D&D has no goal, it's just adults pretending to be in a fairytale. Football has a goal, 90 minutes, score goals. Dota has a goal, blow up the enemy ancient.

This is what I mean by childish.

Skyrim actually has content behind it, the game has won awards and is still played massively to this day; it's shown itself to be a very good game. With D&D you basically make up a "game" yourself, even though us players are not game designers.

>For winning MOBAs you need strategy and a game plan, especially with randoms
yeah man, you sure are a mature and responsable adult, applying all that strategy and game plan for your bidya gaems

>played videogames all my life
All 14 years of it, I'd imagine.

I get the feeling that the reason you're here is because /tg/ already laughed you out and pointed out how boring and uninteresting playing a tabletop game with you would be.

So you don't like table top because you think it's childish and stupid to use your imagination. Why are you saying tabletop sucks if you're not even willing to play a game or two to see what it is about? Why are you here, on Cred Forums discussing not video games?

>As opposed to one sat on their own playing through a fairytale limited by the other people who made it for them?
Something tangible, created by professionals, and not solely within the imagination. Not the best comparison.

>Skyrim actually has content behind it,

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dungeons_&_Dragons_adventures

pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Pathfinder_Modules

This thread is going down with no survivors, i'm out.

I would be lying if I said it wasn't part of it lol. I also watched some tabletop stuff on GameTrailers and other places too.
I only did solo stuff and played with my brother and his GF first, but I warmed up my friends with board games and finally sold them on it after watching pic related this summer.

>Most games, whether real life or vidya have some sort of goal. D&D has no goal, it's just adults pretending to be in a fairytale. Football has a goal, 90 minutes, score goals. Dota has a goal, blow up the enemy ancient.
The goal is fun user, and you can literally roleplay all those things you listed lmao. If you don't play games with the ultimate goal of FUN, then you are doing it wrong.

You don't make the game. You can change it if you don't like it (which is a massive strength of the medium. What you make is a story. If you lack all creativity, you're free to use the hundreds upon thousands of other officially made and fan-made stories out there.

>Most games, whether real life or vidya have some sort of goal. D&D has no goal, it's just adults pretending to be in a fairytale. Football has a goal, 90 minutes, score goals. Dota has a goal, blow up the enemy ancient.

The goal is defined by the story.

>Solve the murder
>Save the town
>Bang the barmaid
>Revive the colossal extraplanar water spirit

Are these not goals?

In what way does D&D have no goal? It has as many goals as are created by the DM and the PCs, if the DM creates a campaign where the goal is to slay the demon king or whatever and you all reach the end and kill him then you've reached the goal. They're as few or large in number as the players and the DM decide.
>Skyrim actually has content behind it, the game has won awards and is still played massively to this day; it's shown itself to be a very good game
The same goes for D&D. It has a wealth of premade campaigns, catalogs full of enemies and NPCs/lore/weapons/items/abilities and so on so forth, people dont just gather and literally make up anything on the spot. You use the rules of the game as a template, and create your own world on it, it's literally exactly the same as any video game except the fact that it's just not made into software to be run on some hardware and give you a visual representation of what's going on.

As far as I'm aware you've never even played D&D, so what makes you think you have any idea what you're talking about? Go and play it, or watch how it's played at least to get an idea. If you really can't understand it then just don't, no one's forcing you to play it.

used to play aborea with some friends, it was really fun.
There is no real point in winning, more or rather just completing the story and having fun.

>just turned 18
>thinks he can dictate what's adult
You're not grown up yet, you'll mature some time in your 20s and wonder why you were such an annoying little shit a few years ago.

And no I'm not bitter, I've never played tabletop and don't really want to. I'd give it a go if someone offered though, I suppose.

My autists didn't smell, they just didn't have much social tact. One of them seemed to lie constantly about his sexual escapades which certainly didn't happen given his grating voice, small stature, and his never lift body. Another would constantly tell sex "jokes" that were often merely descriptions of what he'd do to female characters...we were playing in public mind you. Next was just quiet, hardly said anything save for when spoken to and laughing at the sex "jokes". The last one was actually pretty cool.

Only lasted 1-1/2 sessions. My mistake bringing a girl I'd met who was interested in trying D&D over to make a character. Thought they'd behave if she were there.

To the point, find if you have a local game store and try to join a campaign there so if it goes wrong, it's not in public view.
Personally, I haven't tried to play since.

It's a game with rules and a story.

You trade the convenience and speed for the luxury of having a dedicated game master on hand to account for variables a game developer didn't or couldn't, but otherwise it's basically the same thing as the video games you've played all your life.

I'm not sure what part of that you're having trouble with.

That sounds like a good time if you hate your own life and want to push yourself off into the abyss of suicide.

OP is this a picture of you, by chance?

If you weren't underage you would know that adults tend to be very childish when it comes to their favorite hobbies.

I haven't made a thread on /tg/ and I don't really care what they think because most of them are over 30 years old.

I'm comparing videogames and tabletop to try and find out why this shit is so popular and beloved.

These aren't goals, it's just stuff you want to imagine, achieving these goals will result in nothing.

How exactly do you kill the fake demon king? RNG dice rolls? Is it just a matter of saying "I slay the demon king with my +5 Sharpness Blade of Undying"?
If it had campaigns set out then the game is just substituting the campaign characters with ones you have made up.

There is no tangible substance behind it, I don't get how people enjoy this without having sudden realizations about the reality of what they're doing.

Never seen the Ricky Gervais Show so don't know what he's like.

My dad does not play videogames, watch movies or anything else, he does not read fiction, he will occasionally play badminton but that's it. He's a doctor. My mom doesn't really have hobbies either.

>These aren't goals, it's just stuff you want to imagine, achieving these goals will result in nothing.

This is true for literally every single game in the history of time.

Kill yourself you pathetic retard.

That's more what I'd be worried about. I'm not exactly the most charismatic person but I get by OK when I'm around people more sociable than me. When I'm around other awkward cunts, particularly if they're worse than me, I struggle. I'd rather be the awkward one of the group than feel like the only normal one.

It sounds like you don't even understand how tabletop RPGs work at a basic level. It's not just all random events, it has rules that vary depending on the game

Density of autism in this thread is second only to barney.

your dad sounds like a faggot and it's no wonder that he raised a faggot. you're 100% a poo in the loo or a chink

>achieving goals will result in nothing so they aren't goals
What is this idiotic logic? If you were after the reward for doing something then the reward is the goal, not whatever you had to do to receive it. Anyway, achieving a goal can be rewarding in itself.

The answer to all your questions in this thread and any other you may make is:

You are an underaged autist, and too retarded to understand.

It's a universal answer for you. Take it with you everywhere.

Does your other Dad play video games though?

>There is no tangible substance behind it, I don't get how people enjoy this without having sudden realizations about the reality of what they're doing.
Just like video games. Please get off this site you aren't old enough to post here.

So play a game, Jesus Christmas. On second thought, don't. No one would want such a brainless, uncreative person on their table

Holy shit, did you really ask how playing with friends is fun? Guy, dump your friends and make new ones (...or just go make friends if you have none)

The devs made it with their /gasp... IMAGINATION!!

before it was a video game, it was a world in their imagination. they created it and played in it and thought about how picking locks and throwing spells would work in their minds... it was all pretend. Then, they coded it into a video game.

and guess what... IT WAS BETTER IN THEIR HEADS! there were no bugs, no glitches, no low res textures... everything worked as it should and it was perfect in their heads.

But they had to ruin that, make compromises and make it as real as they could, all because YOU don't have an imagination of your own, and all they wanted was for you to have a SLIVER of the magic that they had in their heads.

>I don't really care what they think because most of them are over 30 years old.

Does 30+ seem ancient to you? Are you like 14?

>These aren't goals, it's just stuff you want to imagine, achieving these goals will result in nothing.

So exactly the same as a video game.

The goals are just shit the developers dreamed up. Achieving them results in nothing

>How exactly do you kill the fake demon king? RNG dice rolls?

Yeah, it's a role playing game. Dice rolls combined with bonuses and penalties are an abstraction of the characters abilities. The character isn't you, so what they can and can't succeed at has to be different from what you can in the real world.

>There is no tangible substance behind it

The fuck are you memeing about? There's no tangible substance behind any fictional shit.

>My dad does not play videogames, watch movies or anything else, he does not read fiction, he will occasionally play badminton but that's it. He's a doctor. My mom doesn't really have hobbies either.

It sounds like being dull and creatively bankrupt is hard-coded into your DNA, I wouldn't bother trying to wrap your head around this anymore.

I really hope you're trolling, I don't want you to have to go through life as fundamentally broken as you sound.

Huh. I'm the opposite. I'm on top of my game when dealing with people of lower self esteem or social inclination.

Around the more socially inclined, I feel like I'm being fake in my attempts to fit in. I have the easiest time when I'm not trying to impress those people and just be myself. Works with 1 on 1 and with small groups, but the more people there are, the more anxious and quiet I get.

> I don't really care what they think because most of them are over 30 years old.
>There is no tangible substance behind it, I don't get how people enjoy this without having sudden realizations about the reality of what they're doing.
I just realized this is a bait thread, and here I thought someone was legitimately interested in learning about different types games. Good luck OP, maybe one day they will cure your autism.

I'm 28 and 30 feels old to me. How have I made it this far?

Pls go away and never post here again, OP.

Sounds gay bro. If I wanted to hang around a bunch of dumb idea guys with no skills I'd post on Cred Forums all day.

wait

OH NOOOOOOOO

Think of them like Tactical RPGs that don't cost money and have modding capabilities.
You're literally rolling into a custom battle that your GM has made for you, taking turns as you would, and trying to end encounters before all your characters die.
Outside of the combat element, you have an adventure game that isn't just the same linear bullshit every game developer tries to sell you. The DM leverages setting information and storytelling techniques to present an abstract goal that immerses you in the story without the limitations of needing to stick to prior planned events. If the players want to let the Lich army invade, they have that option, and it opens a wider range of player choices than a caked-in storyline in a video game.
You're never limited to the system. If you want to do something cool, you can work with the others in your group to figure out whether or not that cool thing can just "happen".
>I want to do a backflip off the monster while mooning him in midair.
>Sure, roll an Acrobatics and a Butt check.
The flexibility of these systems allow for on the fly inventions that can't be formalized and rigidly defined ahead of time. Alternatively, you can be a degenerate.
>I want to make cocaine and meth in town as a side job.
>I want to sneak off to the stable and fuck horses.
>I want to h-hold h-hands with the p-pretty waitress.

All this and more.

Speaking of tabletop rpgs, can dark souls be a viable setup?

So what are your tabletop groups like Cred Forums?

>this entire thread

run away from the truth kiddo.

yes, /tg/ is working on that

I'm arguing against tabletop, nobody I know in the real world has played tabletop, most have not heard of it. I'd say people who play it are autistic as they are imagining fantasy worlds.

In football, scoring more goals results in you winning, in Dota destroying their ancient will win you the game, D&D has no such goals is what I mean.

I can see videogames, I can hear videogames, I can interact with others through videogames.

How is playing with friends different from playing with randoms? Sure there will be a few inside jokes and what not but it is essentially the same thing.

I plan to stop playing games before I reach 30 as I hope to become successful in the real world. Videogames exist digitally, they are software. D&D is purely imaginary.

Those examples you gave just sound incredibly stupid, "butt check" what the fuck? Adults take this seriously and think it's funny? Why would a respectable adult want to play a game where XD I CAN FUGG DE FAKE WOMENS AND HORSE IN MY HEAD. None of it exists outside of the D&D session.

anything is a viable tabletop scenario

I want to tell you you're an idiot, but I don't know how to make it witty.

This is probably a bait thread but here is an example.

The first few pages explain the game to you in broad terms. This game is Warhammer themed but I am sure you'll understand anyway.

The truth is out there.

I want to believe.

>None of it exists outside of the D&D session.
Yeah, it's like Las Vegas.

The bait in this thread is immense. Teach me, OP

>In football, scoring more goals results in you winning, in Dota destroying their ancient will win you the game, D&D has no such goals is what I mean.

I listed several of those.
>Solve the murder
>Save the town
>Bang the barmaid
>Revive the colossal extraplanar water spirit

And they were just random things off the top of my head.

>How is playing with friends different from playing with randoms? Sure there will be a few inside jokes and what not but it is essentially the same thing.
You have uninteresting friends, or they keep you out of their inner circle.

Pretty awesome. I play with a group of good friends, most I've known since high school. We all have pretty busy lives, but still manage to get together once a week most of the time. We started podcasting our games and have a modest following of dedicated fans. Good times.

Seems legit. I need to know more of this

Even celebrity like Vin Diesel plays it, OP. What's wrong with people enjoying something fun to them and not to you, a dull boring faggot who can't even drink legally, yet?

>How exactly do you kill the fake demon king? RNG dice rolls? Is it just a matter of saying "I slay the demon king with my +5 Sharpness Blade of Undying"?
>If it had campaigns set out then the game is just substituting the campaign characters with ones you have made up.

OP, you are either the dullest, most boring normie-tier person who was shaped by the media he consumed into a passive receptacle of entertainment, who's unwilling and unable to imagine things on their own and can only feel a sense of achievement if the videogame gives you the outside validation of a predefined victory condition and a big "you win" message, or master of bait

I hope for your own sake that you're baiting, or you'll become a boring, miserable faggot who one day realizes he is one of those icky yucky 30-year-old people and has no personality

You're probably non-white OP. Only white people play tabletop, just the way it is. Something in our DNA that lets us enjoy our imagination.

If you are wondering as to the structure and goals of these games here is a premade adventure module for this system.

images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/dark-heresy/pdf/shattered-hope-big.pdf

Video games are pure imagination too dude. Do you think you've actually killed anyone upon killing someone in a game? No you dumb fuck it's imaginary.

Table top games actually require creativity. They are far more enriching if you aren't 16. Now get off this board you aren't old enough to post here.

>I'm arguing against tabletop, nobody I know in the real world has played tabletop, most have not heard of it. I'd say people who play it are autistic as they are imagining fantasy worlds.
What happened to
>Can someone explain the appeal of Tabletop RPGs like D&D and Pathfinder?

Sounds like you have an axe to grind and created this thread without revealing your bias' completely. These are not the words of one yearning for explanation and clarification.

Also, see, that's not a good thing.

IMAGINE a world where people didn't create anything. They just sat around using their imagination. You'd have nothing.

Making stuff is important.

>in Dota destroying their ancient will win you the game,
Please stop with the DotA comparisons. Not only is it a completely different game, you're also making those of us who play it without being retarded look bad.

Fuck off, I played PnP since I was 13 and had a blast with them.

Warhammer PnP was the best.

nah, my group has a token nig

i was shocked at first when he said it sounded like fun too.

Specifically page 13. If you don't want to load the page this is what it says:

>What is a rolePlaying game?

>A roleplaying game is a storytelling experience in which the
players build a narrative by taking on different roles in an ongoing
adventure. Throughout the course of the game, the players embark
on harrowing journeys, thrilling investigations, and intense battles.
The roleplaying game presents a set of rules that helps guide this
narrative as it unfolds. In addition to the rules, every roleplaying
game has three key elements: a number of players (usually four to
five players works best), a Game Master, and an adventure.
>Player Characters

>Each player in the game creates a character—one of the
protagonists of the ongoing story. These characters are known as
Player Characters (also referred to as PCs), and in DARK HERESY
they take on the role of Acolytes who form a warband in service to
an Inquisitor. During the game, each player chooses the intentions
and actions of his character, making these decisions based on his
character’s personality and motivations. Then the Game Master,
using the rules of the game, decides the outcome of the characters’
actions, and narrates their effect on the story.

>Meet with 4 buddies
>We start smoking and drinking to get into the dnd mood
>create our PCs
>Humbor the outlawed smith
>Gudrum Gudrumson master of the coin
> Grobal Hardwood bowyer
>And a nameless Adventurer from the Southern Realms (the indian guy in our group) meet near the border of the Eastern Kingdom.
>Party gotta find the vanguard that traveled a day ahead of them
>They cross a small valley leading into a forest
>They stop and watch to deers fight and try to sneak closer
>MOTHERFUCKING WOLVES out of nowhere
>Adventure tries to throw his net
>fails, one wolf attacks him
>Gudrum throws his Axe at the beast to aid his friend
>He hits it full force into the shoulder of his buddy
>The smith steps in and strikes a wolf down
>Bowyer misses his shot and pulls out a dagger
>The party fight of the attack, the deers escape
>Smith and bowyer start gut the wolves out and prepare the hides for easy pickup if they shall pass by later

It is the mix of social event, great gameplay and dice rolls

Well I wanted to like tabletop, I wanted to understand why people enjoy it, but the answers I'm receiving aren't substantial, they amount to "it's fun", "need friends dude", they don't go into detail about why they like tabletop.

>I'm 18, I am an adult!
>but I don't really care what they think because most of them are over 30 years old!

wait!? did you just use your imagination to think of that?! HOLY SHIT WTF

ur not supposed to be using that man... its... ITS... ITS FUCKING INTANGABLE!!!11

>the game master

>One person in the group does not create a Player Character and
instead takes on the role of the Game Master (also referred to as the
GM). The GM presents the story to the other players, adjudicating
the rules of the game and unfolding the narrative created by the
players’ actions. He is in charge of creating adventures (or selecting
pre-made adventures), narrating the story as the game is played,
controlling all of the other characters and adversaries in the game
(usually including the Inquisitor who guides the warband), and
fairly applying the rules of the game to the players’ actions.
adventures

>Adventures present the setting, story, and challenges that the players
face as they participate in the game. In essence, an adventure is a
series of locations, characters, and events that the Acolytes encounter
as they make decisions and progress the story. The Game Master is
in charge of not only presenting the adventure to the players in a fun
and engaging way, but also making sure the adventure is prepared
before the group sits down at the gaming table. There are three
different ways GMs can prepare these adventures:

>• Pre-made Adventures: This book includes the introductory
adventure Dark Pursuits, and other professionally written
DARK HERESY adventures can be purchased at any gaming
store. There are also free adventures that can be downloaded
at www.fantasyflightgames.com.

>• Adventure Seeds: The DARK HERESY Core Rulebook and
its supplements include settings, characters, and adversaries
that can be the start of new adventure. Many of these also
offer GM advice for building off them, creating surrounding
narratives, or integrating them into existing campaigns.

>• Homemade: Instead of using an established narrative, many
GMs wish to tell their own stories, or let their players decide
the game’s course. DARK HERESY presents all of the elements
required for a GM to create his own adventure from scratch.

>twf too intellectual to play DnD

There's almost never a time I'm not being fake and trying to fit in so maybe that's why we're different. You probably have slightly higher self-esteem or something. Mines at its lowest ever I think. At least around socialites and beautiful people I know where I stand in the pecking order - I find some comfort in the certainty of the feeling of inferiority. Amongst similar or worse people I struggle with whether I'm staring in to a mirror or I'm better or worse than them, I've no idea.

I like what little certainty I can find these days, It's all I can cling to.

i used it to create the post :^)

you couldn't read it if I didn't make it ;^)

My dad rakes in cash as a doctor, do you know any successful businessmen or other rich people who play tabletop? I would like to hear their thoughts on tabletop as right now it looks like the ones who enjoy tabletop are typical "losers" if they're 30 and above.

>that guy who always tries to use mundane abilities as god-magic

"it's fun" isnt reason enough to do something?

why do you play video games? you dont learn anything playing dota... you're not recieving anything substantial for your efforts.

it's a collaborative narrative game. you 'win' by working with your DM to craft an entertaining story.
> Isn't this basically playing pretend like we did when we were 7?
Yes, and?

Don't make me come over and BLACK your imaginary women too, just to prove a point.

>D&D has no such goals is what I mean.
You set goals though don't you? Just like someone set the time of a football match or the objective of a game of DotA. If you want to play to a time limit then you can set one.

Its entirely dependant on who you play with. If you have a shitty group it will be a shitty game. Almost every group will have that guy. But if you get a good one, or god forbid a decent one then tabletop gaming is surprisingly a lot of fun.

>do you know any successful businessmen or other rich people who play tabletop?

Vin Diesel. Successful actor and above the age of 30.

/slowclap

Best to just leave this thread. OP is an autistic, uneducated nigger with boring friends and family.
Probably did end up getting laughed off /tg/ for being such a drooling retard.
Most likely underage, too, trying to impress all the big boys on Cred Forums

Chris Metzen
Vin Diesel

One of the guys in my IRL tabletop group rakes in more cash than the rest of us combined due to being a businessman, so your assumption is utterly retarded.

Not having any imagination is a trait of a certain severe mental disorder. So is being unable to see the value in friends or bond with them, and so is thinking of life as solely goal-driven and its value based on financial success.

You may not have autism user, but you are a sociopath or have borderline personality disorder.

Kill yourself.

a pain in the ass to coordinate. also no matter what system and setting our 'that guy' always makes an attractive badass rich guy in a suit who has the personality of cardboard, even though the player is actually a pretty charismatic when he wants to be

Formatting is fucked but if you honestly want to know what a RPG is this is all you need to know. If you don't think that sounds fun or seems like a waste of time that's fine. Lots of people think the same thing about videogames.

Vin Diesel, he most likely rakes in more dosh then everyone in this thread combined and is above 30.

I notice you didn't respond to my actual arguement. Pretty standard for you whenever you get backed into a corner it seems.

>How exactly do you kill the fake demon king? RNG dice rolls? Is it just a matter of saying "I slay the demon king with my +5 Sharpness Blade of Undying"?

I want to focus in on this, because it's actually a pretty common misconception. No, a player doesn't just shout "I slay the demon king!" and then roll for it. Him, the demon king, and every other character in the game have stats, skills, and HP - just like in your precious DotA.

Being constrained by rules is what makes it a game and not just "30 year old dudes making up fairy tales". I know we won't convince OP because he's just a dullard with an axe to grind, but there it is for any curious parties reading this thread.

Joss Whedon net worth 100mil age 52

The founders of Penny Arcade. There are also quite a few video game devs/CEOs who got into gaming specifically because of DnD or some variant. John Carmack.

OP is almost certainly trolling, but to everyone else reading who hasn't played any pen & paper I highly recommend giving it a try.

If you live in a decent size city there's probably a meetup for it once a month or so. You can try playing with a group of people, and if they don't fit with you for whatever reason (i.e. you think they're too autistic/weird or not autistic/weird enough) it's just a trial run so no commitment. You can play with a different group next time.

Play enough and eventually you'll find the people you enjoy playing with - and if there's one or two people who are ruining things or making everyone uncomfortable, eventually everyone else will make a new group and invite only the people who get along. By this point you've got 3-5 new friends who probably share similar interests, not a small feat after college when it becomes harder to meet new people.

Tim Duncan
Wil Wheaton

Yeah? Well my Dad works at Nintendo and got me a special version of Pokemon where you start off with Mew and Misty has sex with you, so there!

Yes they have. The platform allows you unmatched narrative freedom free from the restrictions of stories etched in film, code, and ink.

The idea that with a group playing in good faith, one might play puppeteer to a tale with a formless ending and thousands of pages of materials supporting all sorts of encounters and the rules to ground your accomplishments in an approximation of reality (rather than the 7 year old's freeform adventure), is appealing. This has been said in other words already.

Guys who made the original doom

Why should I respong to it? I'm not the OP and I pretty much agree with the first statement, just the second one is pants on retarded if you think people of younger age can't apreciate PnP games.

Bro. Do you lift? You need to lift.

Not him, I'm kinda in the same situation. My self esteem is in the garbage and every time I look at someone I'm worried that I'm worse than them in every way. I feel like PnP might work for me if I tried it though, it feels really great to just let loose instead of hiding things all the time.

You are probably the most unrepentantly awful person on Cred Forums right now and you are going to have an equally awful, lonely and soulless life.

me

It's like Vidya but with way more freedom, along with shooting the shit with your mates. Hard to explain, really.

LOL

>just the second one is pants on retarded if you think people of younger age can't apreciate PnP games.

I never said that. I assumed he was underage because he acts like a child, lives with his parents and generally doesn't seem to understand Cred Forums thus hasn't been here long.

Way to get super offended at something that wasn't a slight against you in anyway. You totally don't have self esteem issues.

This. Here's an example of play for the Warhammer system I posted a few posts up:

Jez [GM]: You have yet to find a living soul on the research
station. No one greeted you in the landing bay. No one
guarded the entryway. No one has appeared in the shadowy,
vaulted halls. Now you’re approaching what you think is the
command centre. What do you want to do?
Rick [Vilmos]: I’ll sweep the corridor, shotgun ready.
Lyra [Amosis]: When I get the hand-sign from Vilmos, I’ll
approach the door and see if I can open it.
Steve [Lazaro]: “Sylus, you and I should hang back and
cover them.”
Will [Sylus]: “Agreed.”
Jez [GM]: Okay. Vilmos, you sweep the corridor and find
no threats. Amosis, you get up to the door and discover it’s
security locked.
Lyra [Amosis]: Thought so. I’ll use my Security skill to
try to open it.
Lyra rolls a Security Skill Test.
Lyra [Amosis]: I passed my test.
Jez [GM]: That’s good enough, the lock was not hard to
override. The rusting door slides open to reveal the command
centre. The first thing you notice is that there’s a lot of blood
in here. Then the stench hits you like a blow to the face. The
source of the smell and the blood soon becomes clear. There
are three bodies inside the command centre.

I've been on this site since 2012, I'm not a newfag.

Lyra [Amosis]: “Emperor preserve us…”
Rick [Vilmos]: Any enemies?
Jez [GM]: Not that you can see.
Will [Sylus]: I’ll examine the bodies and check for
survivors.
Steve [Lazaro]: I’ll see if I can access the station’s data
logs. “Vilmos, cover us.”
Rick [Vilmos]: “But of course. You don’t want me fooling
with the machinery.”
Lyra [Amosis]: “No, we certainly don’t. Weapons and
cogitators don’t mix.”
Jez [GM]: Amosis is right, as is evident from the ruined
cogitators. They weren’t shot, but something smashed them
to pieces. As for the crew, there are no survivors.
Will [Sylus]: Whitlocke said there might be renegade Eldar
in the area. I’ve seen wounds caused by their foul weapons
before. Can I tell if this is what killed the crew?
Jez [GM]: Good question. Make a Medicae Test.
Will rolls a Medicae Skill Test.
Will [Sylus]: I made it—just!
Jez [GM]: Good work. You can easily tell that these wounds
were not caused by alien weaponry. Two of the corpses seem
to have been slashed by a close-combat weapon or maybe
some kind of sharp claw. The third corpse is headless. It
appears as if his head exploded.
Will [Sylus]: A bolter shell maybe? They explode inside
their targets.
Jez [GM]: You don’t think so. There’d at least be some
head left from a bolter shot. As you take a closer look at this
corpse, you notice something else. Underneath the blood and
gore, you can see he’s wearing the robes of an astropath.
Will [Sylus]: “Lazaro, I think I found our missing
astropath…”
Steve [Lazaro]: “An astropath whose head exploded?
Emperor save us, that cannot be good.”
Jez [GM]: The words are barely out of Lazaro’s mouth
when you hear a blood-curdling scream and the air turns
chill. You hear heavy thuds from behind the closed door.
Something is coming.
Will [Sylus]: “Throne protect us!”
Lyra [Amosis]: “Take cover!”
Steve [Lazaro]: “Stand firm and do your duty!”

This example has people playing 100% in character and not goofing if. Which in my experience is very rare. Most of the time there is a lot of joking around out of character and less directly speaking for your character and more "I tell him X Y Z"

I just can't imagine anyone would be this stupid

Speaking of D&D, how is the newest edition?

I do, not as much as I did though because I took up cycling. It helps my mood a bit to get out, get fit and so on but there a few big things contributing to it that it goes no way to solving (if anything it just distracts me).

I wish I could let loose. I've written a lot over the years that eventually gets deleted without anyone else seeing it, stopped completely now. I kind of wish I'd taken up acting or something when I was younger so I could at least pretend to be normal and happy.

Anyway, life goes on (a little too quickly for my liking right now).

Well I've been here all summer and you've only been here since 20:12, that's like 8PM.

Checkmate.

It's probably easier to do in text.

>not wanting to hear from a board that revolves around tabletops
>asking why it's appealing on a board that revolves around shitposting
>not wanting answers from 30 year old people who have played tabletops all their life
What are you looking for, actually? Autism?

Seconded, I'm new to PnP and I just picked up the pdf from /tg/ a week ago and started reading. Is it serviceable, or am I just wasting time?

Thanks OP, i feel less autistic now.

a surprising number of Japanese anime directors are DnD buddies. there's a dozen odd series that are straight ripped from campaigns they've run together

In my group, whenever a character is relaying information to another character or npc, we do so in character... but we never get more than 4 sentences before someone goes "oh that reminds me... did you guys see that clip of Hilory getting all "weekend at bernie's"d"

so yeah, lots of interuptions, but lots of in character roleplaying too... noone says "I tell that guy to fuck off then"... instead its, "(character's voice) Fuck off"

>they don't go into detail about why they like tabletop.

Because "it's fun" and "need friends dude", how are you not understanding this yet? Get three friends together, read the rules, make a character, establish the world, then do whatever you want within the rules of your setting. It's rough the first few sessions because you're still getting use to how a table top works, but in the end you'll realize that the only thing keeping you from performing certain actions is that you were limiting your involvement. Long story short all you have is a beginning and an end, everything inbetween is up to you, your teammates, and the DM.

Look, it could be worse.

5E is pretty good. A little too simplified in places (Skills are way too trimmed down for my liking and the advantage system boils all bonuses and hindrances down to a binary system). Mostly though it's good for bringing in beginners or people bad at rules/math.

Because I have ultimate freedom to be whatever I want versus the constrained nature of computer roleplaying games, unlike computer RPGs the world is able to be molded by its players rather than choosing which pre-determined ending you want in a computer RPG and the social interaction aspect is amazing especially when you achieve something in a group.

As for >30 year olds, I'm a 22 year old who was first introduced to tabletop RPGs when I was a Halo and CoD playing highschool student and I still say that I'd take a good tabletop RPG group over any RPG ever.

I'm terrible with groups. I love the idea of most PnP games but can't deal with the people. Its usually my fault but there are times when even after extending the olive branch I find myself hating tabletop games because of it. There just seem to be so many better options if all you really want to do is just hang out with friends and an hour of progress every six hour session is not that.

>I plan to stop playing games before I reach 30

Arbitrary. Do you plan on abandoning every creative medium to work 16 hour days?

>as I hope to become successful in the real world.

You can hope in one hand and shit in the other. Your inability to grasp basic concepts (or preoccupation with extremely dedicated trolling) will land you somewhere between minimum wage and middle management.

It's good. Especially for new people. For grognards it has pros and cons but its generally a good system.

Even if you don't stay with D&D it's a pretty good introduction to roleplaying games in general.

Unless you're group is really into Star Wars, in which case I strongly recommend Edge of the Empire or the other FFG Star Wars books.

Vin Diesel
Paul Walker
Vin Diesel kept Paul's character sheet after he died. They never finished their game.

When Rustle goes blind, will this man be the one to continue his legacy?

I read that and can only think I'm going to be a dictator. Except for a fictional girl instead of a real one. I need to get my act together, I'm not living my life correctly.

It could and I tell myself that but it doesn't give me much comfort when I'm on a downward trend.

Goddamn that's sad.

How is 5E compared to 3.5? The last D&D game I've played was Neverwinter Nights up until HotU. I've never touched anything else after 4E was released.

Hasn't Rustle been going blind for like five years now? I think it's a meme.

>Vin Diesel kept Paul's character sheet after he died. They never finished their game.

Cooperative writing AND improv.

>And why do adults find this fun?
For my group of friends it's common ground between all of us. We all have different taste in vidya and games, and our skills in vidya vary with each person.
With tabletops everyone is equal in skill level so none of us can be that "one player" and everyone can have fun.

Let's see here;
>Op doesn't understand tabletop
>Asks people to explain it to him like a retard
>He ignores/insults all replies he gets
>Calls all tabletop games 'pretend' as if a video game roleplaying game is any different
>Doesn't understand, even though it has been stated numerous times, that tabletop games do have goals and objectives
>To feebleminded to understand the potential advantage of having humans decide the rules and world of a game instead of a computer doing it
>Starts bringing up his wage and income
>"My dad makes X a year"
>Wants to be 'successful' so I can't have a specific hobby as if there is any correlation between the two
>Doesn't understand Cred Forums board culture
>is a general retard

Why the fuck is this thread even here?

Thanks.
I will try the star wars stuff after a session or two with friends with just DnD. Not as many of them are into Star Wars/Sci-fi as they are into the whole fantasy thing. But I'll probably force them to try at least once.

He is so autistic he doesn't even know. Also, a big tell tale sign that someone has autism is difficulty using their imagination. So calling people who can creatively use their imagination for fun autistic, is kinda self defeating. It's like calling a man with no legs able-bodied.

Stealth /tg/ thread. I'm too much of an autiste to play tabletop games so these threads are fun for me.

But OP is a retard yeah

It's a lot more like 3.5 than 4, so you shouldn't have a hard time jumping back in. Biggest differences are the advantage/disadvantage system and attempts to make classes play more uniquely without depending on feats so much.

The reason I recommend the Star Wars thing is they have what is basically a tutorial mission for that system and while narrower than the actual game is it teaches everyone, GM included, how to play.

You'll find them in this link under "Beginner games"

mediafire.com/folder/h351f05cfxs8y//FFG Star Wars RPG

The physically boxes have lots of sheets and maps and stuff to use but you can make do with just the PDFs.

People are enjoying themselves, I guess. Lots of obvious troll threads and the like survive because people like to use the opportunity to vent, then actual discussion sometimes starts.

Holy shit I've actually interacted with people who were autistic and were all over the spectrum and they still had better social skills and a greater capacity to imagine shit than OP does.

The funny thing is, all the autistic kids I've talked to talked to me hours on end about their fantasy world where they're knights of a order that want to rebuild the world etc. So OP is probably more mentally retarded than autistic highschool kids.

Because with a good group and a decent system, you can pretty much do anything. The video game industry is dictated by what's popular and the technology we have at the time. RPGs on the other hand, can be cobbled together by anyone to suit any taste or interest, and only require a few dice (or RNG generator) and some paper.

Fuck, there's plenty of games that don't even need that. You can have a great game of Dread with a Jenga set. Or Final Girl with a deck of cards.

Coup - 8/10
Coup Retaliation - 7/10
Jaipur - 7/10
Hanabi - 6.5/10
Concept - 8/10
Love Letter - 10/10
One Night Ultimate Werewolf - 9/10
One Night Ultimate Werewolf - Daybreak - 7/10
One Night Ultimate Vampire - 6.5/10
Betrayal at House on the Hill - 8/10
Elder Sign - 10/10
Elder Sign - Gates of Arkham - 9.5/10
Forbidden Desert - 8/10
Forbidden Island - 7.5/10
Mascarade - 9/10
Mascarade Expansion - 9/10
Pandemic - 9/10
Pandemic - Reign of Cthulhu - 8.5/10

Based on the games I have and my scoring, what are some other board games I might enjoy? /tg/ is never any help for game suggestions.

I'm this guy. Any advice on how to make tabletop fun? Should I just buckle and try to pretend i'm having fun? Is it wrong of me to actually want the adventuring party and the tavern? Am I wrong for wanting something generic and fantasy instead of whacky goofiness all the time? Will I ever find true love?

A lot of people who grew up with 3.5 will probably hate 5 (Pathfinder might be more your style), but for newcomers 5E isn't bad. 3.x people might find the bounded accuracy and other things offputting, and advantage/disadvantage is a controversial mechanic, some people love it, some hate it.

Problem with 3.5/PF for newbies is that it's extremely easy to make a shitty character and if everyone else is powergaming then you're gonna suck. If your group is nice though then they should be helping you make a character that doesn't suck, but 3.PF still basically falls apart past Level 10 or so once two combat encounters take an entire afternoon to resolve.

I still love 3.5/PF from Level 3-8 though.

Watch table top escapades :D

Role playing with your buddies can be fun :D

youtube.com/watch?v=mVklX6oxQsc&list=PLwa6fmqvU-4Ez0HQk44EINy4f78UqpS8w

>Stealth /tg/ thread
yeah, no its not a stealth /tg/ thread, in fact it could not be any less stealthy even if it tried.
its just a blatant /tg/ thread and will probably get deleted

I love the Battlestar Galactica game. It's a lot to learn but it's basically a lying to your friends faces sort of game. So a lot of fun. Liking the setting goes a long way but knowing that some people are evil robots secretly is enough to play and have fun

Are there any games/simulators/or other programs suitable for Tabletop Gaming? Just got into it, and I'm looking for ways to spice it up if I can.

I know of :
Roll 20
Tabletop Simulator

>tfw will never have enough friends to play a tabletop rpg with

You'd probably enjoy Ultimate Werewolf if you like One Night Ultimate Werewolf.

>do what you enjoy with people you like
>no
>no
>no

It's fun if you don't get one of those guys
My friend is one of them, always tries to do le wacky XD shit and the DM is too nice of a guy and just obliges him although he's clearly annoyed with it.

Curt Schilling
Vin Diesel
Todd Howard
Joss Whedon
Wil Wheaton
Stephen Colbert
Mike Meyers
Tim Duncan
Matt Groening
Robin Williams
Trey Parker

All accomplished far more than you have despite being "D&D losers", what have you done with your life that makes you better than them?

are you actually retarded?

you can literally do anything in this game
or at least plan to do literally everything

Thanks a bunch dude! My group is a bit lazy when it comes to learning and self-teaching, so tutorial modules like this seems to be a great way to start.

He made a successful thread. Raking in the (You)s.

s c y t h e

While this is /tg/, I want to ask, is there any good high fantasy level and class systems? I find balancing encounters troubling if there isn't at least a level system in place.

>OP get BTFO so hard he hasn't replied once since.

Legend RPG.

Its like you have the video game engine but without the video game limitations. Fun.

>that image

Damn, I was just listening to Kingdom Under Fire soundtrack. Gerald is the man.

ur issue is with all the "off-topic" stuff that goes on during a session? you want your 6 hour session to be 6 hours in character and getting adventuring done?

is that correct?

How can people as autistic as OP exist?

Sounds like OP was THAT GUY, was taught a lesson and now has an axe to grind against the whole hobby.

Also on the off chance that it is you; Jake the encounter that you set up against us where you pit 6 fucking mummies and a fucking Abyssal Ghoul against 3 level 2 players is fucking retarded and you're a shit DM for railroading us into being locked in a combat encounter with shit that was far beyond our range.