Dunk does it again

Dunk does it again.

youtube.com/watch?v=J2gBkqP4V9Y

Wow I didn't know Hi-Rez was this shameless.

>Soldier 87

apex kek

>literally Overwatch except with shittier art direction + rideable horses

kek

>World of hi-tech
>Ridding horses

Who made this shit?

Tfw u bought the starter pack

Played the beta for a few hours but the fact that there is only one mode of play (capture > payload) is so fucking dry. Overwatch is already losing me with its lack of content and Paladins is spread even thinner on the ground in that regard

Have to give it to them, its VERY impressive how fast they worked once they saw what they need to copy.

Played a few games on steam now. It's okay if you are brazilian and can't afford 50$ or so for overwatch, other than that, there's not much to say, poor man's overwatch.

Played a bit, its okay. Cassie is a bit OP though.

I played it a bit today and I didn't mind it too much. I liked playing Pip, Skye and Bomb King.

Gotta give it to them, it still looks for more pleasant and aesthetic than battleborn. I like the design of some characters too, like that Reinhardt copy. I also respect in way how shamelessly they copied it instead of trying to pretend they are genre-blended, meta-growth, hobby-grade top shelf shit.

The armadillo and the bomb knight are top tier designs.

Wasn't Paladins in development earlier than Overwatch? The game had playable versions before OW was announced if I am not mistaken

>call a game "Paladins"
>there are no fucking paladins

>supporting hi-rez

It was. But then instead of trying to beat the rock star to hog the main stage they decided to be the best tribute band instead.

It wants to be the game that people who don't wanna buy Overwatch play and nothing really much more then that.

Your analogy lacks a real point. All I see are two games with eerie similarities in character design which leads me to ask which studio was stealing from who?

Why does it look so cheap?
Tribes: Ascend wasn't a bad looking game, but even the interface in this one is just amateurish.

>"It's still in beta"

Their lead dev was reassigned from Smite work forcibly and they shoved him into a Fernando suit medieval Iron Maiden style, stole his gf then after his soul was crushed, he did work for them on this shitty game

Orgininality doesnt matter in video games, they all take from eachother and no one really cares. Remember when all shooters were called "doom clones"? When all RTSes were called "warcraft clones"? Even back then no one really gave a fuck wolfenstein and dune. Only rabid fanboys keep forcing the whole "B-B-BUT X GAME DID IT FIRST" shit.

No, Overwatch was playable at 2014 blizzcon

>Overwatch was unveiled at BlizzCon 2014 in a fully playable state
>Paladins beta: September 2015

mmmhmmm

>download
>launcher needs an update
>launcher needs an update
>game starts
>your match is ready
>someone failed to join
>your match is ready
>someone failed to join
>your match is ready
>someone failed to join
>your match is ready
>someone failed to join
>uninstall wizard

Gj hi-rez

The premise of the thread is that Paladins copied Overwatch when it seems more likely that either OW stole from Paladins or there were corporate espionage hi-jinks that we don't know about yet, and the funniest part is that it could have been perpetrated by either side upon the other

can't wait until they release a monkey king! :)

Man, Goku sure is a popular animeme protagonist.

China loves that shit.

Of course they both copied eachother I thought that goes without saying.

Smite has 2...

>tfw you're having a shitton more fun with Gigantic than Overwatch and Paladins despite the fact that it has only one mode and still in a shitty beta

Shame that it will probably fail since it doesn't have as much waifus as Overwatch.

Goku was based off of sun wukong though.

Hun Batz is literally just a cursed howler monkey

Do people really give a shit about character design? I'm talking design in the visual sense.

I really don't care what the character looks like as long as it's fun to play.

>download Paladins
>Oh hey, Bomb-u Kun looks like a fun hero/champ/whatever
>have to grind to unlock him
>have to grind to unlock the cards
I just want to play the game :(

just fucking grind kid

buy an aimbot only $20

This combined with the fact that it plays like a watered down assfaggots game even more so than OW is why the game actually sucks

What went right?

To be fair.

Fernando, Eve and Barik existed before Reinhardt, Mei and Torbjörn, but who cares about facts when you can suck Blizzard dick and get money.

I want to molest Dunk.

>Try the gane
>Everyone is bad (obviously)
>Soldier 76 rip off shoots in the fucking air around me
>Crosshair literally not even near my character
>Still get hit

Holy hitboxes batman

>Fernando, Eve and Barik existed before Reinhardt, Mei and Torbjörn
That's completely fucking wrong

wouldve been funnier if he also snuck in footage of final combat desu

No one is taking sides here. I think it's ridiculous how people (whoever they are) can't come up with one fucking original idea at least if they are jumping on the "arena shooter or whatever you call it" bandwagon.

I would very seriously doubt that aesthetics have never come into play when you chose a character. The problem with these characters is that they're starting with a "character first" approach to the design in which they need to make sure that the abilities and flavor of the character are sufficiently close to what a chinese consumer would already associate with sun wukong. If you doubt me, then remember that tencent forced a MASSIVE rework of ALL chinese gods in smite soon after taking over hi-rez.

Played the beta for 2 hours and I gotta say
It's Poorverwatch

>look at key bindings
>there is a button called "sprint"
>press it in game
>nothing happens
>a champion has an ability called "hustle" that is basically sprint
????

>do VEJ on Evie
>No I'm not a shiny, stop asking
made me chuckle/10

Chekt

jesus these pents, I thought Cred Forums had this shit disabled

Played the game. It seemed okay but it actually matches you against a team of bots if it cant find people fast enough. All without telling you.

The bots are retarded.

checked

who gives a fuck?

Who GROVER here?
Throw axes all day, I get free kills on dumb snipers who sit still and shoot. You can even spiderman away when you're in danger, but his ult sucks ducks.

His ult basically reads "Capture target point"

>supporting blizzard

I felt like I was playing against bot at one point their aiming being a bit snap locked to my character. But I just shrugged it off as it must have been most have been bad players.

I played a bunch of "casual" games and they were all against bots.

My first game had me get a fucking 25 Killstreak.

I haven't played Paladins in a while but I can imagine people want to rebind "hustle" without changing the keybinding for all characters,

Oh shit nigga

Leah. Literally pulled Dunkey from his JUST phase.

>overwatch fanboy ignores how much blizzard ripped off TF2 and LoL

But... there is a key called sprint.
That does nothing.
And a champion.
With a sprint ability.
WHY NOT JUST REMOVE THE SPRINT!??

Can you elaborate or are you just gonna meme

HiRez's business strategy at this point is that they always want to be the third-best in any market and they want to appeal to BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, and China) by being free-to-play with transactions.

Paladins was designed as a TF2 clone with monetization that was a mix between Smite and Hearthstone. A lot of the characters that have Overwatch equivalents were in development a while before the Blizzard character trailers. However, once Overwatch released, Paladin's lead designer became a huge fanboy of that game and decided to put more Overwatch characters in.

tl;dr Paladins wasn't copying Overwatch at first. They eventually went full Chinese-knockoff, though, which is a half-decent business strategy.

Dunkey's main game these days after getting banned from League is Overwatch.

I wish I was Leah right now.

>LoL didn't rip off DotA, which was a Warcraft 3 mod
XD

Nice quints, user.

Elaborate on what? You'd have to be blind to not see how it ripsoff TF2, as for LoL, many of the characters in overshit are just based off LoL champs, like Mccree being literally graves or Mei being Anivia, Hanzo has similiarities to Ashe etc

What's the matter, got no proof and hoping I just accept your claims?Overwatch isn't even a MOBA so your LoL comparison falls on its ass.

>chuckle at this vid, laugh at how its overwatch for people with no money
>i iam people with no money
>give the game a shot
>im actually enjoying it playing cassie and viktor

and now the servers are down.

>The game is unplayable again
Epic servers.

They had no idea that around 15,000 people actually wanted to play.

The steam numbers are 30k

>They're both cowboys THEY'RE LITERALLY THE SAME
>they both use a bow, THEY'RE THE SAME CHARACTER

>then remember that tencent forced a MASSIVE rework of ALL chinese gods in smite soon after taking over hi-rez.
Oh so that's why they look so great
And what the fuck are you talking about are there fucking chinese mythical figures in the game already?

>Play the Overwatch beta
>Get bored of it after a hour
>Play Overwatch on release
>Get bored of it after 3 games
>Can't even make myself play one game now because it's stale and boring
>Try Paladins without knowing what it is
>Having a blast

I don't understand what the difference is, but it's hella fun.

The difference is you like shit games

Well it's gone up last time I checked. I can understand the servers buckling under the pressure.
I bet they just didn't expect it.

you're
ugly

People don't use the word "hella" anymore. Might want to update your marketing dictionary.

The waifus look pretty good at least.

>TF2 skins

Jesus, it's like one of those chinese rip-offs

>implying I don't put an auto clicker on the decline button (and on search) whenever a company I hate makes a beta.
I hope it scares off normies and those bastards run out of money.

>game is only 3GB, try it for keks
>launch game
>don't remember my hirez account credentials, reset the password
>go to log into the game
>pressing the login button in the hirez launcher elicits no reaction
BRAVO HIREZ

I guess that must make Overwatch actual garbage then?

Was she blacked.

Like 2 months ago during CB29 it was actually amazing. Sustained fights, abilities that actually mattered more than left click, horses made sense as you could actually mount them on the map (now you are automounted in spawn and can't mount again after dismounted)
They raised damage by 3-4x across the board, gutted the mount mechanics and turned it into literally overwatch. Fuck hirez man they ruin everything just after they make it great.

>Brought to you by the same company who absolutely massacred your favourite momentum based shooter

Sky(the black dude) is gay

>Vi
>Zarya

What the fuck does this have to do with paladins?

That name doesn't fit at all.

Tencent bought hi-rez in 2013. At that time there were characters in the game that were named after Chinese deities and mythical figures. Tencent, (a Chinese company) forced them to rename/rework nearly every single one of these characters in an effort to appeal more to potential Chinese players. That's why I said that they were using a character first approach. It really applies to all of smites character designs in which they start first from the character (gods or deities) and then try to give them fitting abilities. Is that in any way preferable to making a character with interesting abilities and then moving on to what that character should be? It includes false constraints on the creators that have no real reason to be there. Of course, all mobas are shit so it doesn't really matter.

Paladin is just another type of warrior, it fits fine enough. Just like how rogue isn't always a dick ass Theif

>how rogue isn't always a dick ass Theif
In just about any game ever, those two names are interchangeable.

this desu
love Paladins

Weird, he seems straight.

>implying I support either

>Soldier 87
HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE ebin meme mr. Dunk.
He's called Viktor.

>playing a hi-rez game after tribes ascend getting fucked

yeah fuck off

>hanging onto the past

Let it go, it wasn't good or it wouldn't be dead.

No, but Dunkey was.

smite is a really good game. at least as far as moba on console goes

I agree with you in some sense, but it's one of those subtle things like choreography (i.e. setup of characters/scene elements in film to properly draw viewer attention around) where you only notice it if it's really bad. If it's acceptable, it's personal preference really.

Battleborn is an amazing example of this. I've seen very few games where 90% of the character designs range from shit to unacceptable that I didn't want to play it at all, but that was one of them. Everybody looks like a DeviantArt OC driven through a Ren and Stimpy squash and stretch in-between animation frame.

I tried it, holy fuckballs is it awful. Not even for free does it make sense.

Most likely scenario in my brain is that there was a game named Paladins in development that looked nothing like this, and the studio that was making it saw Overwatch making infinite dollars and went WE WANT SUM OF DAT CASH, scrapped the game they were making and turned it into a direct OW ripoff.

The character design is only one of the many things wrong with Battleborn though.

>Do people really give a shit about character design? I'm talking design in the visual sense.

Are you retarded? Character design is the most important thing. Tracer alone probably sold a million extra copies of Overwatch.

It's not the kind of thing most people think about, people will phrase it as "the game looks good" or "the characters are fun". But it's all character design.

>lying
there was the nu wa and ao kuang redesign

what else

What a cute doggo

>The character design is only one of the many things wrong with Battleborn though.

True, but even if it was the literal best game ever made in all other respects I would still not play it because I hate the character designs so much.

>Play the Overwatch beta
>Get bored of it after a hour
>Still buy it

Are you retarded?

>You will never hug Bomb King

I've met all of them. They're nice

>ripoff of a ripoff
Game Industry ™

Why did Hi-Rez abandon their Tribes IP? Those games were awesome aside from the terrible, terrible UI/UX. T:A was pretty popular and then all of a sudden they just stopped dishing out updates and the game dies.

Honestly, my biggest issue with Smite is that the characters are really, really samey. I love the fact that you can buy all characters forever for $30 and the game has no stupid runes/pay2win shit, but I swear 75% of the cast has a really similar skillset. Linear projectile skillshot AoE damage, circular character-centered/delayed CC ability, mobility skill, and either a "fly up in the air and land on someone/shoot down at them" ultimate or a blatant ripoff of another iconic moba ultimate (e.g. Chronos ult). Sometimes stack two of those on one button and make the other a temporary stat boost, like on Apollo.

Only other game I've seen where this was even more of a problem given the cast size was Brawlhalla, and that one's so bad that literally anyone can tell that everyone's just a weapon/stat swap of each other, with maybe 5-6 total weapons to go around over the cast of 20-30.

>That 20 minute Mario 64 video where dunkey was legit just depressed and wanted to top himself

Glad he got out of it

why did hi rez, a somewhat decent bunch of devs make such a shit game like this?

They sold their souls to the Chinese Mega-Corp video game devils and now they're coming to collect their debts.

I only played Global Agenda and tribes from Hi Rez.

Pretty fun games but this one just seems like a complete overwatch ripoff. And I'm not into this genre anyways.

I'm still mad because I loved Tribes ascend when it had players

>Overwatch was originally Titan
>Paladins was originally Global Agenda 2

Guan Yu was turned from an AP tank with some heals and ridiculous 4 airborne slashes of his glaive for ultimate into the what he is now, much more serious warlord

He Bo used to be a weakly looking river grandpa, then he became a muscle-flexing water geenie with edgy spikes and shit

Original Wukong was exactly like current Hun Batz, he got reworked and Hun Batz replaced his old self

>capture the point 3 times in a row
>half of our team goes afk
>we need 1 more point to win
>enemy team steamrolls us
>defeat
??????
we won 3 out of 4 rounds and lost
dude lmao

i dont get why people are angry that it's like overwatch. you can literally play OW for free now

Is it worth playing? I don't want to pay $60 to Shillzard.

This game is so blatant its disgusting

It's Overwatch but free and a bit more janky. You can pay 15 bucks if you want all the champs. It's honestly pretty okay for a blatant F2P Overwatch clone.

All these characters literally look and play different from the comparisons whoever made this is a retard

I support blizzard and i am proud of it, autistic faggot. Go back to suck some cocks, asshole

>Someone on your team picks that brown Sniper chick
>Lvl 0
>Someone picks the stealth tumblr chick
>Lvl 0
>Someone picks a tank
>Chases after enemies instead of capturing the point

>proud of supporting trash company
i bet you'd be proud of getting cucked

>I support blizzard and i am proud of it

This picture reminds me of that one time...