Is Skyrim a good game?

Is Skyrim a good game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qN80_7rNmcE
elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_Third_Edition:_Black_Marsh
uesp.net/wiki/Category:Skyrim-Places-Animal_Dens
uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Caves
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you mod it enough

No, pretty much every mechanic and gameplay system is badly designed, the world design too

yes

Yes it is.

It's overrated and could do just about everything better and for that it is eternally disappointing, but it's not a bad game.

How is it badly designed? Just saying it is bad doesn't make it bad

I know Bitcher 3 fans go to extreme lengths to rag on this game, but bad world design? Come on now. It's top tier.

What disappointed you? The only thing I recall being a letdown at launch was the civil war.

It's shallow. Infinite quests that are really just "go here, kill this, find this.", factions are just horrible. You become the leader of them after a handful of quests. Your character is the center of the universe, nothing gets done without you. Combat feels floaty and just bad. Destruction magic is quickly outclassed by other forms of fighting, unless you mod it. That said, I still play it and enjoy it. Just acknowledge its flaws.

>daily threads of a 5 year old game
makes you think

>That said, I still play it and enjoy it.
Then you don't think it's a bad game, do you?

>Destruction magic is quickly outclassed by other forms of fighting, unless you mod it.
Not true at all. Get good, and enchant your gear.

>every dungeon loops right to the beginning
>open centuries old coffin, find fresh apple and bread

open your eyes man

>8 replies

>one individual poster.

wew lad.

Name ONE thing the Witcher 3 does better in its world design. I'm waiting.

Every one of the guild questlines paled in comparison to past games. All quests in general felt less imaginative. That's probably my biggest complaint.

Gameplay was nicer for my tastes, and the music was almost on par with Oblivion's.

Combat is as complicated as spamming left mouse button and you'll need to do this to beat the bulletsponge enemies, and you can pause it at any time and instantly drink 100 potions

not him, but damn he has a point in the becoming the leader of factions. It makes the world feel shallow as a garden pond

Cities have more than 10 houses

Looks like I win

are you sure you can read? The thread had one image, but several posters

Yes, Skyrim is a "good" game. I have played it, and I enjoyed playing it, and I will enjoy playing it again when I buy the re-mastered edition when it's on sale.

Literally what the fuck are you talking about?

I always see people use this same fucking argument, and I've played the game through 5 times. Never, not a single fucking time, have I ever found fresh apples and bread in coffins. I've found swords, shitty armor, and money. Period. How about you actually play the game past the first quest before you come around and spam reddit teir garbage.

I wish they didn't make you arch-mage right after the college questline. They could at least have wait until you do one of the master level spell quests.

It's objectively a good game. A game that transcends racial barrier and forces the extremely biased Famitsu to give it a 40/40 is objectively good.

>unnamed, gtav-tier pedestrians
versus
>named characters with immersive daily schedules
Sorry, but city size just isn't an argument. TW3 doesn't even have first person.

I wasn't even the guy who said it was bad. Just pointing out its flaws. Also, I mean that the damage does not scale. Sure, you can cast infinite spells but the fact of the matter is, damage doesn't match up to the ludicrous levels that melee hits. Shit, the only spell damage you can increase is fire due to the Illusion terror perk. Throwing fifty fireballs just doesn't compare to legendary upgraded equipment by endgame.

Best Beth game in the last 10 years at least.

memes don't lie user

Problem is half of skyrims enemies are frost and fire resistant. Have to go full palpatine to even survive a legendary playthrough

I like Morrowind's requirements system. I love morrowind to death and still play it as well. It does get its dick sucked too much on Cred Forums though. Same with New Vegas. I remember when we had like twenty New Vegas threads every few days. It's a great game but goddamn, you've already discussed everything about it over and over.

Well since the only proper game they released in the last 5 years is AssOut 4, there's not really much competition. God, what a disappointment.
Oblivion was better than Skyrim, but not by much

That's a complete rreddit argument user, don't belittle how good those two games are by apologising for their popularity on Cred Forums.

>immersive daily schedules
>wake up
>walk around around the town
>go back home and sleep

Requesting the Oblivion vs Skyrim NPC schedule comparison.

>skyrim civilians
>immersive

Oh boy, I'm so fucking immersed when the blacksmith goes home to sleep! Sometimes he even eats an apple!

Not even the guy you're replying to but I'd take an actual city full of no-names over a loose collection of ten houses with people who have nothing to say any day. The citizens in Skyrim are fucking boring, with or without names.

is enderal really as good as people are making it out to be?

>implying the Oblivion NPCs were any better with TECHNOLOGY
youtube.com/watch?v=qN80_7rNmcE

Go back to your Witcher general if you hate immersion. Skyrim was the last good immersive game.

I wasn't you idiot. I was just commenting on it. Like, I still play both and love them. I just fucking hated seeing "PATROLLING THE MOJAVE MAKES YOU WISH FOR A NEW VEGAS THREAD" every goddamn day. Jesus, Morrowind is my favorite game but it is a mess of a game at times. Most NPCS are cardboard cutouts, leveling system is ass due to needing to bumrush Endurance or you'll get gimped when it comes to health and the combat is meh but I've never had more fun playing a game.

That's not even the right background.

its an ok game thats good when its modded

A good game? Yes, if you are generous and keep in mind what passes as a good videogame these days. A good RPG? not at all.

>play skyrim
>veer off the path into a cave
>kill a couple of raiders and molerats
>leave cave and find new one
nearly same layout with same garbage loot
>rinse and repeate for 30 hours before you realize you havent done anything of substance in 5 days

bethesda dropped the ball when they started making radiant quests "the way for the game to go on forever."

We can all agree that siding with the empire is the objectively correct choice, right? Fuck racist nords and fuck ulfric.

You're talking about Fallout 4, right? Skyrim's radiants were fine.

>being an altmercuck
>being bluepilled
lol

Combat is pretty much the same, most of the map is inhabited by hostile things enemy variety ranges from great to extremely repetetive based on your location and i think the enchanting skill is broken/useless but damn it does so many things right compared to skyrim and i like it quite a lot the story is pretty good, just make sure you dont play a melee build

Highly downgraded compared to morrowind or oblivion

bait

Yes
No
Maybe

They were the most generic quests that could possibly be given, fetch this, kill this. That said, I would have loved for them to be implemented into factions better. At the start of the companions, you're given one and have to do a handful more later. If there were more implemented into it, with a few more storyline progression quests, you literally end up with Morrowind style guilds. Before anyone says I'm wrong, listen. Most Morrowind factions missions were generic "go here, kill them" quests. They had some with personality here and there but most weren't that exciting. If they had a few more story missions in the guilds in skyrim with a few shitty radiant quests thrown in the mix, it wouldn't be nearly as bad.

>muh racism

That's literally the only pro-empire argument I've ever heard.

I don't think it should have been called Skyrim and I'll tell you why.
First off the actual content that is about the province is kind id disappointing. Like the civil war for example. When you name your game the name of the province then you would expect the province based story was the main part. This is not the case, however, it's about the dragon born and his destiny. Therefore the game should be called "The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn

What about stability? And racism IS a huge issue witht he stormcloaks. Dunmer are superior to Nords and yet they live in the ghettos in Windhelm.

In what way?
>better technology
>better factions
>better map

With a formerly cosmopolitan empire, that's a good point though. Supporting the empire would also bring a stronger, more united front against the Thalmor. Keeping the war going is in the best case scenario for the Thalmor, the empire losing the civil war is better than them winning. No one brings up the fact that empire is subtly subverting against the Thalmor, what with their leaving behind "retired" legionaries in Hammerfell after it seceded and not really searching for Talos worshippers. Nope, Ulfric has to be a loudmouthed motherfucker about MUH TALOS and possibly help unmake literally all of the physical plane.

i just hate radiants in general. i'd rather there be no questline at all then some filler bullshit. i watched my friend play the theives guild pickpocket radiant over and over for close to 5 hours.

i will say that the quests arent intrusive. i just think theyre a cop out

No, fuck this game

If you're playing a melee character sure, but that indicates you have a low IQ anyway. If you play the game like a dumb person don't expect it to restrict you from doing so. Magic is where it's at if you want a real challenge.

The factions were fucked man. You waltz into each of those factions and rule them in, at most, ten quests. They literally talk about how special you are in The Companions and Dark Brotherhood. Morrowind and Oblivion's factions actually felt like organizations outside of the player's coming. I think the map is better than Oblivion's and I enjoy the feel of the combat more than Morrowind but the factions are not better.

>forced crafting
>have to make your own worthwhile weapon because all the enchanted story ones are god awful

its shit

Nords are absolute cucks. They accepted the White-gold concordat once, why wouldn't they do it again if given the chance with an independent Skyrim?

If they're superior, why don't they fight the Nords? That's how you gain their respect.

meant for

Imperials accepted it. Not Nords. They only accepted it after an extremely drawn out war that resulted in Black Marsh and Hammerfell seceding. Also, literally only the Thalmor believe that Talos didn't ascend to Godhood and even then, that's the party line. They know he did. They're just trying to unmake the physical plane and become freaky elf spirits. The Empire is gearing up for another war against them and desperately need Skyrim's support or the world is fucked. Skyrim would doubtfully stand against the Aldmeri Dominion.

Because their entire homeland got nuked.

Well fuck, I'd already replied.

>the chests of gold didn't hurt
The Nords DID accept it.

The base game is a fun enough sandbox that you can ignore a lot of the shitty mechanics. Modded, the game losses a lot of its flaws and does become a good to great game, yes.

>telling someone to get good at fucking skyrim
i'll have you know I can mash rmb in the general direction of the enemy better than you

A fair point. Even still, if Ulfric hadn't started throwing a shitfit, everyone would still be worshipping in secret. Stormcloak shitters ruin everything.

This doesn't change the fact that you're too bad at the game to play a mage. You're just insulting yourself as this point by saying its easy.
Helo horko

How are the thalmor even planning to unmake reality? Why do they need the other provinces under control to do so?

They'd have access to all of the Towers. They're the metaphysical constructs that stop Mundus (physical plane) from joining with Oblivion. They'd be able to deactivate them with no one to stop them. After, deactivating them, they believe they'll become immortal Anuic elf spirit things like they were before the formation of Tamriel.

I'd like to note that many of the towers are already deactivated and two are under Thalmor control. The White-Gold tower might be active again and the Snow Tower (High Hrothgar) is assumed active.

>Snow Tower (High Hrothgar) is assumed active.
no, its not, the Skyrim tower is down, there is a book in the game that explicitly states it

yes
don't play it on console

High Hrothgar or the mountain isn't the tower itself. Alduin is. Thats why its considered unactive/destroyed

Sorry senpai, I haven't slept. I remember it being referred to as "sundered, kingless and bleeding" (referring to the lack of a high king and the ongoing civil war).but not as explicitly deactivated. Source me?

I'm gonna need source on that. Because literally every other tower is a natural or man-made physical construct in the world itself. They're not animate beings outside of Walk-Brass.

>just make sure you dont play a melee build
well nevermind then

what do you think sundered means? it means broken

Skyrim dose nothing great but alot of thinks ok. It's still one of the the best truly open world rpg out. Mods make it pretty great.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY CANT THESE FUCKOS GET MORE VOICE ACTORS

FUCKING USE SOME RANDOM PEOPLE AT THE FUCKING OFFICE OR SOMETHING BUT IM SO SICK AND FUCKING TIRED OF HEARING THE SAME 5-6 PEOPLE

>Dunmer are superior to Nords and yet they live in the ghettos in Windhelm.
If they were superior to Nords they wouldn't be living in a shitty ghetto and whining for more gibsmedats.
Racism doesn't prevent a group from flourishing. Everyone was racist against Jews in Europe, but because Jews are superior to Europeans (muh IQ), they thrived despite living in ghettos, getting mad rich, had kings in their pockets, and brought forth flourishing intellectual and religious movements.
Sounds like your Dunmer are just shit.

you mean greedy

As in the civil war, split. The Book of the Dragonborn is the prophecy for the coming of the Last Dragonborn. Each of those lines corresponds to a game. It doesn't mean the tower was deactivated. Skyrim is sundered in civil war. It's kingless because it has well, no king. It's bleeding because of war.

That's some Dwemer shit right there user

They live in a shitty guetto because a volcano destroyed half their homeland.
For thousands of years the Chimer/Dunmer have been blowing the fuck out of the nord savages every time they tried to go beyond Blacklight.
At some point the nords were so desperate they allied with the Dwemer and still they lost like the bitches they are.

its kirkbrides lunacy, supposedly Altmer win and Mundus gets fucked the picture is people from the moon looking at Mundus

>For thousands of years the Chimer/Dunmer have been blowing the fuck out of the nord savages every time they tried to go beyond Blacklight.
So they've simply been repelling attempted Nord invasions? Whoa, guess Argonians are the true masterrace then, never conquered and all.
Sounds like the Dunmer were humbled once they lost their home advantage.
>got rekt by lizard slaves
>beg Nords for alms

not too mention the map is fucking useless and has absolutely NO topographic relation to the actual gameworld

>no minimap at all
>quest system just has 'go this fucking way' with no height indicators or actual pathing needs

>meanwhile morrowind has perfectly useful minimap AND a toggleable gui so you could have the map up all the time sized to w/e you want and either local or world

>and the journal system is so fucking good and gives actual fucking directions so you can get around properly

instead of wandering around in circles for an hour until you figure out the only way to get to (quest target X) is to go in the complete opposite direction the game says and then leap about through flaming hoops of retardation in direct contradiction to anything any NPC has said about the quest.

i say kill em all and let the Daedra sort 'em out.

9 divines pissweak anyway.

Skyrim is a godtier game
It's a trashtier RPG

>argonians
>the true masterrace
No one ever wanted to conquer Argonia because it's a toxic shithole, but the Nords entered Tamriel conquering all they could and eventually they lost absolutely everything they had but Skyrim (for the same reason depicted above: no one wants that snowy piece of shit province).
They went from a race of conquerors to a race uncapable of invading a province in the brink of a civil war, so much for a race of "natural warriors" (they're not even better than orcs or redguards in that regard) and "conquerors".
And they buttmad because the Elves don't recognize Talos when Talos wasn't even nord.

not to mention you can get turned around easily because every single fucking dungeon is made out of literal copypasta'd fucking corridors and rooms down to duplicated bookshelfs etc.

>fictionalised VIking world ripoff number 34521452

>good world building.

fuckoff.

i bet you think oblivion turning
>tropical rainforest/jungle cyrodiil heartland
into
>generic renaiisance romanticists' fantasy ripoff number 8875445

is a good fucking choice.

and i bet you hated morrowind being so alien

Not, it wasn't.

>no stats in an "RPG"
>very little choices
>most character builds ended up being similar in the end because of a handful of useful skills in every tree
>every dungeon is just Draugr x100000000
>absolutely god awful writing and guild questlines save for Dark Brotherhood which is decent at best
>pathetically small towns
>dumbing down magic even further, so dumbed down you can't even create spells anymore
>NPCs do not react to the world at all
>Dragon fights get tedious after your 3rd one and just become an annoyance
>Alduin fight was absolutely pathetic

Nope, Skyrim was a dogshit game. And it hurts me that it's so bad. Ever since I played Bloodmoon I have been waiting to go to Skyrim after hearing all weird shit like werebears and people killing things with their voice. And I got this pile of shit that is literally Babies First RPG.

The Skyrim trailer was better than the actual game.

>Argonia

The fact that there's so much debate on this topic shows that the war for Skyrim's independence was very well thought out by the developers.

I really, really like the conflict between the Empire and the Stormcloaks.

thats one of its names user, dont pretend to be some kinda "loremaster-faggola"

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_Third_Edition:_Black_Marsh
>the southeastern swampland of Tamriel "Black Marsh," but to its admirers, of whom there are a few, it is Argonia.

>muh jungle
give it a rest, autismo. retcons are basically canon in the tes universe. oblivion being a jungle at one point and then not being a jungle is a non argument for why the game is bad

>fuck racist nords

Nope

>fuck Ulfric

I guess

The reason you support the Empire is because the Thalmor are intentionally prolonging the civil war to divide and conquer the Empire. It doesn't get more simple than that. Siding with the Storm Cloaks is essentially siding with the Thalmor.

>dunmer refugees from morrowind island detonating before the era skyrim is in.

gee, it's almost like a localised apocalypse of semi deific cause and consequence tends to fuck one's people over.

or, being a complete retard, did you not read the parts where you're told how there's only a few thousand dunmer even left alive after red mountain went supernova

Recommended mods? I want to play through because when I started thinking about Hermaus Mora it made me really want to replay the game and its DLCs.

there's no debate it's just circular arguments. it wasn't well written you delusional faggot. the game made it so there was no wrong or right choice because of a few lines saying as much

>I don't like old canon and suck new casualfag retardation's feminine benis like a good little abuse victim

>i know, i'll just call you "autist'

> yay i win the internets!

fuckoff.
tes WAS diverse and different as fuck.

oblivion onwards has made it generic boring ass 'fantasy' BS number 46124712578451278 just like every other 'fantasy' fucking product

>immersive
'There's a war on! You probably hadn't noticed since there is literally no fighting happening at all unless you go and talk to either side, and even then there won't be fighting unless you start it'

>using a minimap
>needing more directions in skyrim
You're the high king of plebs.

>a few thousand dunmer left alive
>instead of gathering in one location and creating a large city-state to preserve the legacy of your race, you scatter all over neighboring islands and provinces

At your levels of snobbery and delusion I don't think the game could have ever lived up to your expectations.

skyrim doesn't HAVE a minimap
that's the point

and the directions you get are deliberately WRONG

Skyrim the province was described long before the game was released in fact we even saw a map of it, and its actually fairly accurately depicted

>i have no reading comprehension : the post

way to go, your dumb is showing

To be fair that's more of an engine limitation.

Did you miss the roaming bands of imperials and stormcloaks fighting each other while wandering? Or does absolutely everything have to be spelled out to you?

no flying whales tho

but thats exactly what they did you dumbfuck, some scattered, since there will always be refuges after a crisis, but others rallied, the redoran repelled the lizards and are restoring their society

Yes

Worthless thread

With the right mod setup it's the best game there has ever been.

that was written while game was already in development, and even the story itself is written as a tale not a fact, there is plenty of unreliable literature in the game

They haven't lost Morrowind, only the southern part, the Redoran repelled the lizards.

No, it's about as dull and uninspired as an rpg can get.

> vvardenfell getting covered with lava and ash wiping out the towns and people there

>not lost

so you're forgetting about daggerfall, oh right, you never played daggerfall, morrowind babby. i still have no idea what your autistic rambling is about, but you didn't address the FACT that retcons are fucking canon. the warp in the west is one giant retcon and it's canon. the elder scrolls can also rewrite history and fuck with time. you have no argument so go replay your morrowind for the hundredth time. oh by the way, did they ever make a mod that makes morrowind combat not suck? probably not. PASS haha :P

>Did you miss the roaming bands of imperials and stormcloaks fighting each other while wandering?
Yes. There's literally no war going on. Also, attacking notEdoras with ten people.

>Health/Magicka/Stamina
>Shitty perk trees filled with pretty much just "X +Y%" perks
>Travel around empty, dirty world on foot to a new location or just jump there, it makes no difference because there's nothing to find
>Tiny towns (pic)
>Boring quests
>Boring magic, fewer spells than ever
>Easily broken alchemy and enchanting, like every ES game, they've never cared enough to fix it
>Shitty levelling system which punishes you for trying to get some gameplay diversity (e.g. try to switch from "point and click" bow user to "point and click" destruction magic user, your reward is that you get to fight bigger health sponges for the rest of the game
>Copy/paste dungeons
>Very few enemy types
>Shitty puzzles
>Shitty, static factions which never interact like the Morrowind houses (this should be standard, it's retarded that they dropped it)
>Boring fighting, enemies are just health bars which fight you in melee or at range, they never do anything interesting or surprising
>Todd

I could go on for a while. I haven't touched the game since 2012, so there's a lot of stuff I've probably forgotten, but I didn't enjoy it.

Still not the entirety of Morrowind senpai.

the same could be said of every guild questline.

>Todd
has been in Bethesda since the beginning

i have arena and daggerfall both.

i don't HAVE to address the retcons. since i'm not disputing them you fucking retard.

you cannot claim replacing actually interesting diverse settings with generic done-by-everyone-ever-to-death-5-million-times-already 'fantasy' bullshit is an Improvement and makes Skyrim 'good'

it's fucking stupid. lazy and fucking cheap

They stilll have Blacklight, the Telvanni district, and all the way to Mournhould (although ruined).
That leaves Telvannis Port, Blacklight, Mournhould/Almalexia and Necrom as big important cities they still have.
And someday Red Mountain will stop shitting Vvardenfell.

>the warp in the west is one giant retcon and it's canon
The Warp in the West is not a retcon.
It doesn't change the previously established canon, it just says that every Daggerfall ending is canon at the same time.
It's literally the opposite of a retcon.

what are the numbers at the bottom supposed to represent? No fucking way any city has more than 20 NPCs

I don't care about that at all. I'm not a huge fan of the franchise. Morrowind was my favorite, but still not a great game. I just dislike the guy and his lies.

Population. Most of those people are unimportant filler NPCs or guards. Morrowind for comparison.

skyrim is complete irredeemable shit. what i'm saying is that oblivion isn't a bad game and the ONLY non argument people can have against it is muh jungle. besides that non argument mods were able to fix everything wrong with it

you do know that if Yosemite ever blows, pretty much the entire human race goes with it?

or are you a fucking retard who never paid any attention in school to basic geology?
localised apocalypse fucko.
not localised not-feeling-good-about-the-weather day.

Get your facts out of here, we're trying to shitpost something popular.

if anyone here is interested calcelmo's stone got an official translation a couple of weeks ago

But Skyrim is better than Oblivion.

>skyrim is complete irredeemable shit
>oblivion isn't a bad game
Cognitive dissonance

furthermore, geologists worldwide have found an ash layer in every single core sample they've ever drilled that corresponds to events like krakatoa , vesuvius in pompeii and around the time the dinosaurs bought it.

planets can get fucked over easily by things going BOOM. even relatively small shit can ruin you civilisations day.

a volcano spume shitting out ash is enough to stop crops due to water and soil pollution, sunlight blocking etc. red mountain's been shitting ash out ever since it blew hundreds of years b4 skyrim starts

The exact only fucking difference between the two is that one have a name and the other have not. In Witcher 3, it's just fucking peasant doing whatever the fuck they have to do, doing house chores, wandering around, plowing the fields hiding from the rain when it rains and delivering one liner. Just like in real life you don't magically know the name of everyone and that's okay, I guess, even if I can see the point here.

In Skyrim, you may think the system is better because they have a name, however it's the same useless shit. Every NPC have nothing meaning ful to say, deliver the exact same one liner 24h per day "Hurr durr Do you often go to cloud district?" and having two random topic to discuss don't help since they are not developed in term of writing.

Good games are a myth.

All this gameplay!

>Be me
>Pirate Skyrim
>Download and install 500 mods for 2 days
>Start game
>Make a character for half an hour
>Play the game for 10 minutes and realize that a polished turd is still a turd
>No amount of mods can change the core of this shit game
>Copy-pasted Draugr dungeons, shitty radiant quests, shitty factions, shitty combat, shitty story
>Uninstall this garbage
>Browse Steam for rpgs
>Buy Witcher 3
>Play Witcher 3 for 130 hours
>Enjoy it, fantastic game
>No mods needed.

Who /me/ here?

>being this autistic about a game with walking gods and magic
They have mages that can grow magical mushrooms out of the ground in a matter of days, they'll be fine even without crops.

Yup, pretty much the same here. I wish I hadn't wasted all those hours modding Skyrim.

Considering that Solstheim is populated, despite being covered in ash, I'd say that not all of Morrowind was lost. I'm well aware that volcanoes do cause destruction on planetary scales but Red Mountain's eruption did not. The western portion of the land is still inhabited and the south is constantly raided by Argonians. Vvardenfell is fucked but all of Morrowind isn't. Faggots.

Hi todd.

>we're not interested in having any kind of talk about consistent canon / worldbuilding / lore in a game with LOLMAGIK

be more of a shill sucking devteam wang

Sup Pete

>not to mention you can get turned around easily
git gud

Every single dungeon has some notable aspect to use for telling direction like a stream, wind, or landmarks.

>I always see people use this same fucking argument, and I've played the game through 5 times. Never, not a single fucking time, have I ever found fresh apples and bread in coffins. I've found swords, shitty armor, and money. Period. How about you actually play the game past the first quest before you come around and spam reddit teir garbage.
Based on your very own description, how do you explain then that there's fucking Septim coins in old as fuck Nordic crypt or dungeon?
>Wow, an old as fuck, unexplored tomb, full of very ancient relic from the Dwemer age/Ancien Nord Age
>Find Septim with the head the Emperor on it.
Yeah, sure, way to go Bethesda. Dwemer vanished around 1E700 while Tiber Septim was born in 2E828.

A very simple mod had to fix that by creating two other type a currency (ancient nordic currency and dwemer currency) because Bethesda don't give a fuck about lore consistency.

Also you can find lit candle and sometime lit torches in very ancient dungeon but whatever. If you look about the loot list for the dungeon, there's indeed sometime food in basket and shit, however I'll agree it's not that common.

But i've just told you that volcanos won't destroy a world that has powerful mages living in it and actual, powerful gods watching over it.
You're just too autistic to realize, they could say that Morrowind didn't go to complete apeshit because Azura watched over them and it would make perfect sense.

This is some next level autism.

Hey Cred Forums I play a Dark Felf that looks nothing like one. How much of a faggot am I?

Regardless of race, you're only a faggot if your character is female.

>city size isnt an argument because i said so
okay, retard

none of your points are arguments either, there i win.

Not as much of a faggot as having a male character though.

I don't give enough of a shit about the rest of your argument to try to refute it, but the lit candles in ruins one always comes up. This is explained through in game literature, but in Draugr ruins, the Draugr themselves maintain the place, lighting candles and performing minor repair work that they can do without going out into the world.

Well, it would be like playing a Tomb Raider game only to I find US dollars scattered around an ancient egypt hidden chamber that you're supposedly the first one to explore. It's stupid and just show that the dev didn't care about world building.

I've been playing skyrim recently with requiem, frostfall, and realistic needs on legendary mode. build being nord light armor, 2h greatsword, and restoration also limiting myself from learning enchanting, smithing, alchemy and under no circumstances using potions.

I'm going through the civil war questline on the imperial side and sometimes it's straight up fucking bullshit how quick you could die. it's about 3 arrow shots or 2 melee hits to die and 2 power hits or about 5 normal hits to kill any of them at my current level being 11. it's fun though doing a lot of wincing at nearly dying and figuring out the best positioning to limit fights to at least being 3v1 and out of line of sight of archers.

all monsters are leveled so if I see a dragon, werewolf, or vampire it's impossible for me to win and I need to run. I also installed immersive creatures that randomly spawn draman in the overworld that are as strong as regular dragons, they add danger that these hyperspeed fuckers could pop out of nowhere and one shot me.

you should buy all of todd howards games if you haven't already and donate at least $5 to every mod you download.

>playing a hot bitch and dressing her like a slut so she gets raped more often
>faggot

Yes, playing to get dicked is pretty faggy. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Who said she was getting dicked?

>This is explained through in game literature, but in Draugr ruins, the Draugr themselves maintain the place, lighting candles and performing minor repair work that they can do without going out into the world.
Except you also find them in place without Draugr. You can find them in cave full of giant spiders, for instance, or inside room behind a locked door.

It is the best game. And many games have spun off from it as a result. Like Dark Souls, Monster Hunter or the new WoW expansion.

Post a single cave with only spiders on it that has a lit torch on it.
Not that I don't think Bethesda is that lazy, but I don't remember caves having torches at all.

Yea, its good.
But "good" in vidya terms means a 6/10 so I think thats pretty accurate.

There are a few, but you can often find dead NPCs inside.

well dragur have to eat.

Only if you like exploring and lore.

>low iq for not playing a game a certain way
Any fucking video game can be beaten by a retard. You're not really saying much.

Only a few entitled whiny losers will say it's not, Skyrim is the pinnacle of the RPG genre and anyone who disagrees is probably a weeb hooked on jrpgs where you play as a 10 year old girl or something

As much as the overall point is completely true, he's making shit up as he goes along.

Oh look the autistic image dumper showed up

Or you can just mod it.

Vanilla 6/10
Modded 8/10

Now I'm starting to see why people want IDs.
They're too retarded to read.

>Post a single cave with only spiders on it that has a lit torch on it.
Jeebus christ, do you think I remember the name of all the caves, abandoned towers or dens in Skyrim? I may be an autist at some point, but not that much. You can try to have a look here: uesp.net/wiki/Category:Skyrim-Places-Animal_Dens or here: uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Caves

As many of these places are spawning point for radiant quest, you'll find various animals inside them. Some of them have have torches or candle inside but when send there for the radiant quest, you'll only find trolls, bear, sabrethoot or frostbite spiders. None of them could reasonably light a candle or a torch.

That's the downside of random radiant shit.

>literally fucking false
the quest involving a slut in Skyrim requires you to pick pocked the man that slut fucked, IT DOES NOT require you to kill draugr

why do you people straight up lie?

>comparing a regular quest with a radiant one
brilliant user, why not in case of morrowind a quest like the
>go buy me a bowl
one from the mages guild? or the gather 3 flowers and then 3 mushroom quests. Nice cherrypicking user

Most Skyrim quests are glorified radiant quests.

>asking why people lie
>on fucking Cred Forums
this is shitposting central, no good game discussion here

Modding doesn't over half of those problems

>responding to bait

I joined with the empire because my character was a selfish and power hungry dark elf.

Yeah, it's pretty good.

I joined the Empire because Ulfric is a cunt

skyrim is shit

>t. someone who's been playing it for 5 years

this and only this
although witcher 3 triggers everyone on Cred Forums i really hope it dented skyrim's reputation and bethesda is gonna try and make es6 actually good

that image is amazing

saved

>was*

a morrowing hd remake would have been amazing

I hope they will put these two in skyrim 2 as an easter egg.

>non tolkien
ewwwww
qw is in oblivion but they could reference katia
bethesda is aware of the comic

The scale is the worst part of the game.
There is nothing that makes the world feel alive and believable--even Witcher 2 did a better job at this.