Tactical Turn Based Games

Any fantasy themed games like Invisible Inc.? Already played Darkest Dungeon to death. Also, general similar games thread.

There is Divinity: Original Sin but I hesitate to recommend it just because while the gameplay is fine and the environments have a lot of exploitable effects, the story is complete trash. Characters are straight out of the worst young adult fantasy novels and the worldbuilding is even less existent than in The Diablo series. If you are playing solo, all of these drag down the game a LOT compared to other CRPG's.

I really like the Avernum series, the second is my favorite. You might try those instead if you're fine with older rpg's.

Have you played Shadowrun?
It's cyberpunk mixed with magic.

I have not, might check that out, thanks Anom

I have played D:OS and have the same exact opinion as you. The game would have been epic if the setting and characters were not so """"silly"""".

I always knew there must be other people that felt like I do but you sure as shit won't find them in threads about D:OS
If you're going to check out Shadowrun I highly recommend Dragonfall

Not that user but you can skip the first one Shadowrun Returns, as the story isn't as good as Dragonfall or Hong Kong and the combat and leveling system changes a bit between the first and second games.

Valkyria Chronicles
Final Fantasy Tictacs series
Tactics Ogre

Both Invisible Inc and Darkest Dungeon are such shitty games that had so much potential. Makes me sad just thinking of them.

Is Avernum 2: Crystal Souls any good?

I think Darkest Dungeon really couldn't have been much better than it was honestly, there's only so much you can do with a small team and such a simplified engine.

I would love to see a game like Xcom set in DD's world though.

Anyone know any short strange RPGs similar to LISA Or Hylics?

Already played Earthbound and Middens but this style of RPG just seems to grab me.

Yeah the Avernum series is really good. Also if you like it and want a perverted version there's always bastard bonds.

why would you want fantasy games? invisible inc was top tier, why would you want something set in a bad setting instead?

Don't play the remakes

Because some people like different things than you

fantasy settings are objectively trash

You want the obvious SRPG recommendations or can I skip those? I'm pretty sure most people have heard about FFT and LuCT by now.

>tfw literally nobody cares about invisible inc

I thought it was great

I thought it was a great concept with tons of terrible ideas that made it stupid and unfun

I didn't like the time limit, both in terms of the campaign itself and within the individual levels.

Devs seem to love doing that shit in turn based strategy games and I hate it. Yeah I get that you want to make accomplishing secondary objectives an actual choice rather than just having them just be free shit, but there are less annoying ways of doing that. Couldn't you just have safes get harder to crack after a certain amount of time rather than having the whole mission get harder because I made a wrong turn and got stalled waiting for a guard to pass or something?

Also time limits just don't really work in stealth. They're not games made for rushing or aimed at people who like doing things as fast as possible, they're aimed at people who like being patient and cautious.

I think it was really good. the alarm thing goes up incredibly slowly if you aren't getting caught anyway. far better than most stealth games retarded ideas about giving you 'points' for playing how they want you to

It's still in Early Access, but keep an eye on Battle Brothers.

Basically low-fantasy mercenary Xcom.

Already damned fun

What are you talking about people in D:OS threads complain about the story, characters, and writing all the time. Also the art style.

Everybody wants edginess in their cRPGs.

Except no, you dumb cunt

They do you moron.

Ok believe what you want.

It just did not jibe with me. Stuff I'm used to doing in stealth games like waiting around to check complete movement patterns that feel like staples of stealth games to me getting punished like that (even if it wasn't very severely) just isn't fun for me.

Also it just felt like a forced sense of urgency. I much prefer it when timers in turn based games are stuff like "you're taking a little damage each turn", "an enemy is heading for the same treasure you are and you need to get to it before them/steal it before they escape", or "there's a super powerful enemy on the map who is coming to get you so you've got to avoid them and complete the mission before they catch you."

I've always seen having a literal timer as being kinda lazy.