Which of the SoulsBorne games is the toughest? Let's debate!

Which of the SoulsBorne games is the toughest? Let's debate!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2wLHbKPRgUM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have only ever played Das1, but it seems the general consensus is that Das1 is the most difficult out of them all.

The one you play first.

Let's limit the conversation to games that matter.

It's technically 3 since its one of the latest and they made it to fuck with established playstyles in II and I, and II was made to fuck established playstyles in I, and I was made to fuck with established playstyles in DeS.
But in terms of pure actual difficulty, I'd say the DaSII DLCs are still the hardest. Once you find out what you can and can't do in III it becomes a slightly easier DaS.

None of the games are comparable to depth 5 rfc chalices

> It's technically bloodborne since its one of the latest and they made it to fuck with established playstyles

Yes i agree. Removing shields and giving more speed was a clever design, and most of the enemies had delayed timing attacks that'd throw you off

yeah, no

DaS is one of the most fairest (and so is Demon's)

DaS2 and 3 feature more bullshit enemies and bosses and players rely more on coop than the early games - where the online aspect felt more like a novelty rather than a crutch

2 I think, maybe the extra ganks but I didn't really struggle with any of the others like I did 2. And it's the only one I've ever had to summon help on

I would say bloodborne but they gave you so many oppurtunies to correct your mistakes, like with the fast bloodvials, the lifeback on hit mechanic, it wasn't really designed on breaking meta playstyles from II, more like taking the most used playstyle in 1 and refining it into a whole game.
I will agree that the chalice dungeons are some of the most horrid shit in the series though, so there is that. I'd say its also the hardest to "SL1" or in this case "BL4" with demons souls SL1 right below it.

2's DLC is definitely the hardest. 2's base game is also the hardest if we're only counting base game.

2, but in the worst way imaginable.

BB, without doubt. DaS probably second.

DaSII dlc difficulty is a bit overrated except for Crown of the Iron King, that shit was brutal and harder than most of DaS and a good bunch of vanilla BB

Demon souls. The item and equip weight are tough to manage if you are going in blind with you leaving armor and weapons behind if you aren't prepared. Tower of Latria and the poison lake will destroy you if you aren't prepared for fighting enemies in tough areas and the bosses are some of the hardest in the series, like False King Allant

How are DaS2 and 3 if my favorite playstyle in 1 was turtling with a big-ass shield and counterattacking?
Also, 1 is really only hard if you go in like any hack & slash, if you know to be slow and wait for opportunities it's a breeze

Demons Souls is definitely the easiest. Bloodborne would be second.

actually this

>Casual gamer
>Play this dark souls 3 I see on Cred Forums all the time (months ago)
>Plug in controller to PC
>1st boss impossible
>kill it
>Wall of lothric (hard)
>2nd boss hard (killed)
>From then on "Yay a new game to play that's good - wow."

Because of Cred Forums.

Now I wait for the next spamed game.

What a fag.

>can heal with salad nearly unlimited times

nah

100 percent shields are harder to come by.

>toughest
That's BB.

Nothing comes close to level 5 cursed rotten chalice dungeons. It doesn't matter if you don't like them.

That playstyle might work well for DS2 but is horrid for DS3.

DaS2 is turtle heaven. There is a shield that has almost no stability damage so even bosses can't hit you out of it. It also has 100% flame resist, which means dragons go down like bitches.

3 I stopped being a Turtle thanks to Bloodborne and didn't try, but I don't think it would work as well as 1 or 2

Then DaS isn't hard at all for the same reason.

I'd go with DaS2. Not that it helped the game a whole lot, but with the DLCs included, it had some pretty ridiculous setups to go against.

Bloodborne is much easier than the other games for 90% of its content. Dodge/parry are stronger than ever, stamina management is nonexistent, you can heal while moving and it's instant, and you have all these completely broken consumables that nobody ever uses that remove all challenge from the game.

There's massive difficulty spikes, but most of the game is thankfully outside of FRC chalice dungeons.

To reinforce my DaS2 pick, the worst enemy in all of Bloodborne, the Shark Giants, just remind me of DaS2.

DaS3 is toughest but for the wrong reasons. Because DaS3 decided to put in enemies and bosses that move at Bloodborne speeds but your character still moves as Souls speeds. As far as tough but fair I'd say BB is probably the best example with the exception of certain outliers like Laurence.

but that's wrong you fucktard

DS3 is the best!

t.reddit

Humanities you moron. You can farm them the same as the grass.

Shields are super gimped in 3. They gave everyone a good roll and they wanted everyone to use it. I played a sword and board knight and blocking stuff is almost always the second worst option next to getting hit, you get staggered by everything.

Shields are good in 2 except in PvP where they're (were?) a joke.

the first one you played, once you get used to the wait for enemy to get stuck in animation->hit->repeat gameplay it's just all about figuring out the safe zones around enemies

I guess I'll be able to learn how to roll by the time I get to 3
Though if the game focuses so much on rolling and poise is broken from what I have heard, doesn't that make armor useless?

Whichever one you played first.

But really I think DaS1 is the hardest. I'm not far into DaS3 yet but it's real fucking easy right now.

I'd put it around DaS1 > DeS = DaS2 SotFS > BB > DaS3

I agree with the DLC but the base game is literally the easiest out of all the base games, even DeS. It's a fucking joke.

only if you're a massive faggot - which you definitely are

not to mention that it takes far longer to use those to heal then estus or salads

From my short time with 3, yes, armor is worthless. You just dress for looks. Especially since you can't upgrade armor anymore.

On the plus side, equip burden isn't the end-all be-all stat like it was in DeS/DaS, so you can just dress to look cool.

Stop projecting user. We can be civil about this.

And really it doesn't take longer than an estus, you just crush it in your hand like a life gem from Das2

I started playing through ds2 for the first time now after only playing 1 and 3 before, it's quite insufferable, and not in a good way

I can't point my finger at it, but something feels off about it, maybe it's the hit detection or weird i-frames, the game mechanics are also fucked because dying actually decreases your hp until you use a consumable, and I've heard there's a separate stat that increases your i-frames, what the fuck
anyway I suck at the combat and often get my ass handed to me, while in ds1 and 3 I didn't really have any problems, in 3 I beat most bosses on my first try

I'm just not having fun, the forest of fallen giants was bland and uninteresting so the level design has been disappointing, the lore seems unfocused too. I've heard that the dlc is great but I honestly lack the motivation to play through this game, it is honestly quite shit, and I really wanted to believe the anons that defended it and claimed it was better than 3

Dark Souls 1 is overpraised.
The bosses are slow and sluggish and the only reason some of them pose a modicum of challenge is because of bloated HP pools.
A decent amount of regular mooks are backstab pillows, at least DeS mobs had more variety, DaS2 had tracking and DaS3 ones were more aggressive.
The PvP is shit.
DeS and BB had better atmosphere.
There really is not anything DaS1 excels at save for the interconnected world meme.

choke on dick

Get ADP to 20 immediately, it's a requirement for the game to not completely suck ass. The game's rolling hit detection is super inconsistent (fuck off with your fucking pose .webms, nobody cares, that's part of what makes it INCONSISTENT), so you need to rely on i-frames (tied to AGI) to make the dodging work the way it should.

Of Dark Souls trilogy, definitely Das2 because of
1. bullshit hitboxes
2. gank squads everywhere

Fucking DLC run up to the Blue Smelter Demon was just ridiculous

>run up to the Blue Smelter Demon
Oh my god I forgot about how fucking stupid this was.

Yeah DaS2 hands down.

oh, and I really don't like the new healing items, which are pretty fucking important in these games

not once did I manage to drink my estus in a combat situation because of how fucking slow the drinking animation is, they really push you towards using life gems all the time which in my experience are quick to run out, and I don't want to find myself farming for souls all the time

it's funny, because by skipping das2 and playing das3 soon after the first one it actually felt like I was playing a sequel to Dark Souls 1, and now that I'm playing 2 it just feels so out of place in the franchise, that shit has B team written all over it

DeS is probably the easiest of the bunch, especially due to having the most broken magic (you can easily kill most bosses with the basic fucking soul arrow with the bare minimum skill requirements for casting it), plus plenty of easily accessible healing items no matter your build.

DaS1 in general was harder than DeS, despite there being more checkpoints. Also both DeS and DaS1 had the major issue of non-scaling weapons / pyromancy completely breaking the game since you could just choose to invest all your levels to other stats like HP, stamina and equip load.

DaS2 vanilla was pretty easy aside from few really bullshit optional boss fights like Vendrick and the pre-nerf Ancient Dragon, but the DLC areas were true hell. While there were also easily accessible healing items like DeS, they were a lot less powerful and the only infinitely buyable version heals like shit. Also, unlike other games even Estus healing wasn't instant (not talking about the ADP related animation but the actual HP bar gradually filling instead of the filling animation being there just for show), meaning you couldn't cheaply tank shots by chugging Estus while being attacked and thus heal timing played a much bigger part. DaS2 also introduced gradual Estus upgrades instead of kindling instantly breaking the difficulty of the area. Removal of gamebreaking non-scaling weapons also made you want to balance your build and invest in both offensive and defensive stats.

DaS3 is a lot more fast-paced than the other games, but they also brought back easily accessible non-scaling weapons (though not as OP as DeS or DaS1), Estus heal is instant again and while heavy builds greatly suffered due to removal of poise and addition of retarded diminishing returns, builds using fast weapons can easily cleave through everything considering how susceptible everything is to stagger.

Haven't played BB so I can't comment on that.

I'd say I personally had the most trouble with
DaS2 > DaS1 > DaS3 > DeS

>getting bodied this hard and relying on childish insults

Not even that user, but come on, man, DaS threads are usually pretty civil and chill.

2 due to shitty enemy placement... Mobs of giant armored enemies thrown around the levels willy nilly with no thought behind it.

DaS2 is by far the most insulting, but I honestly had more trouble with 3.
FUCK the optional dlc areas though.

>the game mechanics are also fucked because dying actually decreases your hp until you use a consumable
That's the point. Unlike newcomers may think, the reason DeS, DaS2 and DaS3 had the system was to encourage the online aspect of the games and tie them into your single player experience, meaning you had an actual reason for participating in online play to advance the game in your own world (being summoned or killing host for recovering full HP form) instead of it being a separate optional game mode. They fucked it up in DaS1 where they made the only relevant PvP covenant locked and permanently missable in late game, meaning mostly guide using faggots found out about it, making people think it was an alternate game mode for duels and shit.

>not once did I manage to drink my estus in a combat situation because of how fucking slow the drinking animation is
That's also tied to the shitty ADP stat. ADP not only increases i-frames, but also item interaction speed. Also only the basic life gems are infinitely purchasable meaning the others can't be reliably farmed, and later on you will be getting so much souls that's it's laughably easy to 99 max them. Life gems are meant more as the last resort or recovering HP between fights when exploring areas and Estus heals are still the main way of recovering HP in actual fights.

In terms of difficulty I found Dark Souls 2 to be the hardest, mostly because I kept getting impatient at how slow and boring it was and the dodge was utter shit in the beginning and I didn't know what adaptability/agility did during my first playthrough. Also because it had shit hitboxes.

Easiest is definitely Bloodborne, with demon's souls or DS3 being second easiest. Dark Souls 1 I felt had the perfect balance of difficulty since it was actually challenging without feeling cheap.

>people think 3 is hard when you can't be punished for chugging down estus flasks

BB is the hardest, bosses are much more aggressive and smarter than usual souls or demon bosses and have multiple phases you have to adapt to.

But there's nothing in DaS2 that comes close to the shark giants

Holy fuck how the fuck is demon souls easier than BB.

Like nigga what are you smoking? Demons is the most unbalanced piece of shit with the bosses that are extremely unintelligent and slow

Prepatch Dragon Shrine giants, fire-spewing assholes from the second DLC, anything that wouldn't get off your ass that had that terrible DaS2-brand tracking.

Difference being parrying sucked in DaS2 whereas it was brokenly good in BB, even against Shark Giants.

DSIII is the toughest through virtue of enemies chaining you to death and the lack of poise, as well as enemies being health sponges.

BB took me longer because I found myself having to grind blood echos for items decently frequently, and I've never had to grind in a Souls game before.

I made a mage for my first playthrough and I don't remember dying more than 2x to anything. There were bosses that I could kill a fucking mile away, like most of the Valley of Defilement ones

I said BB was easiest. Then Demon' Souls. Demon's Souls was easy as shit m8. Enemies are slow as shit and have no health, except those fucking skeletons and red eye knights. there are rarely any mobs. Dodge has a shitload of i-frames. Most of the bosses are piss easy or gimmicks. There's no bullshit areas like shrine of amala either. I mean the only challenging boss I can think of was Flamelurker, and even he was a bitch compared some shitty DS2 boss like that big armored fire demon whose name I can't remember.

Shit i reread my post.

I meant how do you find BB easier than Des?

How is BB easier than Des?

It doesn't make any fucking sense and seems like bait.

In terms of bullshit difficulty.

DS2>BB>>>>DS1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Des

Didn't play 3.

Orphans still the hardest boss i faced that crazy fucker

DaS3 is the hardest. Pontiff is by far the hardest mandatory boss fight in any Soulsborne.

Can you read?

>who is Gehrman

Those giants in Dragon Shrine are hardly a challenge since you can just run past them, and I don't remember the second.
The problem with the sharks is that you have to kill both for Maria's weapon, so you can't run, and almost always parrying them would result in getting hit at the same time or getting fucked by the other shark.

Maria is harder than that old fuck

>this thread
BB is not the fucking hardest game in the series at all. Rally is too good, parry is way too fucking good, one type of monster dominates most of the game which makes it easy. Bosses being super easy to parry and kill, even the giant unparriable bosses are fucking easy if you've played MH. Just stay close to the legs and they whif almost all their attacks. The only thing "hard" about BB is chalice dungeons and that's some shitty gimmick stuff.

Well this is where the broken consumable items that nobody ever used comes into play. Shaman Bone Blade the shins of the first Shark Giant as he runs to get the other, and the problem takes care of itself.

Cute!

>chalice dungeons
For what purpose? I've skipped them completely and lost nothing of value.

So i pirated Das2 due to being a poorfag. Do I really lose anything by not being able to play online? Do people even play this game anymore now that Das3 is out? I only played Des which is surprisingly active and i didn't like the pvp that much. I liked to play co-op though.

Completion. Gems. That's really the only reason to subject yourself to the awfulness.

They're also not that hard, they can just be really cheap and frustrating. Most of it is a boring slog and then there'll be a blind corner into an asshole NPC hunter who blindsides you.

Unlike souls game even if you parry and you are not in range you missed your chance and the enemy will just get up.

And get the fuck out the bosses are actually smarter and react better to attacka unlike the previous souls where they're dumb as shit and keep doing the same crap since again they don't even have phases to adapt to the situation so once you figured a strategy you can keep abusing it until they're dead while in BB you gonna have to do that multiple times to a single boss and be capable of adapting in time.

>just stay close to their legs

Yeah so you killed celeric beats and say that applies to all the bosses? Amusing and even if you do he won't just stand there like the other dumb souls games and actually would react to you just chilling there.

Yeah you can move faster and have better endurance than usual but that's only because the bosses themselves are much faster and aggressive than usual too which balances it out.

And even if you can drink while moving you can easily punished for this which i can't say the same thing about 3

i have completed all the games expect dark souls 2 because it's too hard for me

>Unlike souls game even if you parry and you are not in range you missed your chance and the enemy will just get up.
But that's the thing, you're ranged, you're not going to get punished for missing a parry. How is that a plus to your argument?

>that 2nd paragraph
You mean like the same shit in every souls game? Bosses are easy as fuck in BB, don't even fucking lie. Yes you can stay at the legs because no matter what in BB, you always have the best dodge and it has a fuckload of iframes. Like I said, if you've played MH this is some casual fucking shit.

Hell BB is the only souls game I bothered to pure plat just because it was fucking easy to do so.

lol2slo

The thing about chalice dungeons is that they are extremely formulaic. As a result it can turn into a slog, but the only bad category is the pthumerian chalice. All the other ones are fresh and brief. Pthumeru is more "run by these giants and squads, pull the switch, run to the boss". I actually likes going through the alien themed apple dungeon and the desert loran labyrinth

As a side note, bb is by far the most forgiving when you attempt to run through a level. It seems that the way developers tried to stop you from doing this was to have you get lost or run into a dead end, but if you know the layout of the land you can run through anything with minimal damage

dark souls 2. not because it's actually the hardest, but because of how much of a fucking endurance test alot of the bosses are. I usually just lost my patience with their ridiculous health bars 10 minutes in, tried to do something to speed the process up, and got killed. fuck that entire game

Not at all

God, I don't remember DaS2 being this shitty

armor isn't actually as useless as people claim it is. basically, it can only reduce the damage you take by like 30-ish percent. However, that also indirectly means that estus and other healing items will effectively heal you 30% more. The best invasion builds in dark souls 3 actually prefer vitality over vigor, as it lets you use your limited estus more effectively. For dueling though it sucks, as using healing items is generally frowned upon

If anything, 3 is the easiest.

Easiest to SL1 to.

The things is that, with the over-focus on attack, bosses can kill you in few hits, but they die fast too.

Levels are made to be traversed once then shortcut-ed, you don't really need to master the level, the opposition you're faced with isn't boss+level, it's each of them separately.

Overall it makes for a way easier game. Sure, you're going to have to doe a bit against the bosses because oft he high attack before you can work a strat. But that doesn't really make them any harder, just more bothersome to learn.

it's not just i-frames and animations that are fucked. if you are using a controller, rotate the stick like 5 degrees, and notice how your character doesn't change direction. Your character can only rotate once you move the stick like 10 degrees past the dead zone. In the other games movement is super sensitive, meaning that even slightly budging the stick makes your character turn a little.

Regardless of the gank squad thing and hit boxes, I would still say DaS2 is hardest.

Replaying it right now, and some of the level design is just *mean*. And some bosses ridiculous (Fume Knight with pure mage build is insane).

It's the only one I can't SL1 for sure.

Base game? Dark souls 2
Optional content / dlc? Depth 5 chalice dungeons (cursed) hands down.
I played DaS first and it was hard for other reasons.

>Base game? Dark souls 2
Why?

Oh, god yeah, that thing drives me crazy coming from DaS on that DaS2 play-through, I kept having issues with the camera because of it.

difficulty is heavily affected by the build you use so there is no point doing a pissing contest

Because you say parrying is easy but you have to be actually in range to get an attack unlike souls you're guaranteed a counter hit once you parry. Once you know how to parry in a souls game you can just keep abusing it against a boss who only does the same attacks and get guaranteed counter hits. In BB even if you know how to parry you have to take in accordance of you're range or else you just messed up and have to do it again.

>that 2nd paragraph

Yeah not gonna bother with your lack of actual descriptions that clearly show you never played the game past celeric beast.

Ps. Demons is the easiest to plat then again you probably haven't played that anyways

This.

DS3 was the hardest for me.

Probably died to Pontiff more than any boss in any other Souls game.

Because rat king dude is in the base game, dark lurker, the 50 mook gangbangs, the endless mooks in general, it's harder and less forgiving as most of BB's areas

I breezed through 3, it was a joke. I feel bad for anyone who had any difficulty with that game, it was such a let down. Just spam roll through every boss's attacks since you get so much stamina.

Dark Souls 3, no debate here. It has the Dark Souls ''I'll slowly swing my sword and spend the entire stamina in 3 swings'' combat while you fight the Bloodborne ''lol hey guys let me just never EVER stop attacking xD, good luck'' enemies. What a shit game, my god.

That's not even true. You find a 100% shield within the first hour or two of both games.

You're pretty bad if you played since ds1 and ds3 was hard to you, unless you decided to kill dancer on first playthrough out of order, the actual balancing is pretty fair especially if you go cathedral first rather than go past the swamp and stuff

DS3 punishes you for using a shield. Until you get a greatshield, shields are almost fucking useless in DS3.

but every boss has at least one or two strike with a big window for attack afterwar, most of the boss also have a blind spot between their legs

I had the most issues with DaS bosses after Anor Londo, because so many of them are just DPS checks and my first build was laughably inefficient.

I think for most people their first Souls game is the most difficult, although 3 has really weird spikes of difficulty throughout.

Already been decided
youtu.be/2wLHbKPRgUM

>BB parry
>ranged
>sometimes even staggers
>does damage
>does a good bunch of damage if BLT

>souls parry
>not ranged
>miss and you get metal to the face

>b-b-but if youre good you can always parry
Just like in BB, but it's easier to parry in BB so again, what the fuck is your point.

Lightning Skelledog, killed easy, stayed at foot and attacked. His obvious lighting aoe is coming and I run then attack again.

Babby monster made from bell ladies, stayed at feet, when the obviously telegraphed sludge attack came, you run then return at feet and attack

Mergos wet nurse, stay behind her 24/7, dodge when it goes nighty night time.

I can do more but you get the idea, stop being so delusional.

>although 3 has really weird spikes of difficulty throughout.

How so? If anything, I'd say DS3 difficulty spikes are a lot more gradual compared to DS1 where the game just turns into a whole new beast at O&S

DS2 is the most difficult for me because i don't know where the fuck to go, ever.

>best way to defeat the boss is to have your camera inserted into their ass

I don't remember in which order I went, but I can tell you that dancer was the only boss in the game I killed on the first try, and that was immediately after another boss that fucked me. I also played a bit of DS1 and BB after DS3 and those are just so much easier. I don't know what else to tell you.

mmmh... I've never done a pure shield playthrough, but some bosses like phase one sully are easier with a shield.

Pontiff is tied with Ornstein and Smough for my favorite boss fight. That shit was so challenging and forced you to either learn to parry or get really good at timing your rolls because his moveset is made to punish spam rolling. And then he does his second phase and you just have to be the most patient fucker to kill him.

Depends on what you expect of the game.

For some people, the online interactions make the game. Adds a level of challenge and more importantly uncertainty that playing offline cannot.

Me I much prefer to play offline. But then I play Dark Souls games as a gateways King's Field of sort.

>it's the dancer fight

I guess I should've clarified. Yes, Sully is actually a bit easier on the 1st form to use a shield in an emergency but unlike DS1, DS3 actively punishes you for turtling and circle-strafing with a shield. That was my main point.

The first one you play. After it pops your cherry they are all fucking easy

>And then he does his second phase and you just have to be the most patient fucker to kill him.

Second phase was intimidating at first but then you realize it's FAR easier than the first phase.

But yeah I agree. Pontiff is one of my favorite bosses in any Souls game. I didn't find any other boss that actually forced you to learn to time your rolls like Pontiff did.

>And then he does his second phase and you just have to be the most patient fucker to kill him.

Or just keep your crazy damage output spells for the end. (Well, yeah, depends on your build, as always.)

I don't think so. Replaying them all after DaS3 to confirm/infirm my intuitions on the game, and I would say DaS2 SOTFS is definitely noticeably harder. Granted, I'm comparing a game post DLC content with one that hasn't gotten around to get some yet.

But until further notice, I'd say DaS2 is noticeably harder.

haven't played 3 or the dlc for 2
BB>DS2>DS>DeS

I disagree, first Souls game I played was Demon's and I'd still consider it the easiest of the bunch with 3 being the hardest.

Granted I didn't really enjoy 3 all that much because of how fast paced the combat is compared to previous games. DS2 (vanilla) isn't all that hard in comparison, some of your deaths just feel cheap.

NG+1 Ludwig and Orphan of Kos, some say Kosm are way harder.

It's not about being good it's a matter of what you have to to do get a successful parry and it's far easier in Souls especially because their attacks are slow and all you have do to get right is the initial deflection which again isn't that hard with slow attacks coming at you.

Can't belive you keep being retarded about this.

Go and tell me how you stood by father Gascoigne's, 3 mages at the woods, micohlash, logarius, gehrman, ludwigs and kos's "feet" and killed them.

I also don't buy you staying behind the wet nurse's feet constantly besides night time since she does an all round spin attacks with her long claws but whatever I'm sure you played her.

Dark Souls 2, Ancient Dragon.
1 hit kill no matter what and 44,000hp.

>I'd say DS3 difficulty spikes are a lot more gradual compared to DS1 where the game just turns into a whole new beast at O&S

Yeah, I'd agree with that. I think DaS1 has a lot of bosses that are gimmicky after O&S which makes them randomly difficult. Cunts like Ceaseless Discharge and Bed of Chaos throw way different things at you than what you're used to at that point.

I would go through several bosses easily in my first playthrough of DaS3, then hit a wall with ones that challenged me a lot more. Not usually by the same gimmicks but because they became hyperaggressive or attacks were way harder to telegraph.

>play ds3
>the elite knight set has worse defense on every piece than the normal knight set

I know it's a different knight set in this one but I wasn't expecting that. I'm also pretty disappointed that you can't get the dragonslayer armor's set, it looks different from Ornstein's set. In DS1 you can get the iron golem's set so I don't see why we can't get it. The cathedral knight stuff would be pretty chill if it wasn't for the long chainmail sleeves hanging down, the physics on them make it look like gray rubber flopping about as you move. Other armor makes you look too skinny even with the burly body type, shit like the firelink set and the undead legion set.

>base ng
it really depends on your playstyle and which was your first.
if ds1/des was your first and you hid behind your shield, bloodborne is likely going to give you a rough time. on the flip side, if you preferred to 2hand since des/ds1, bb and ds3 are probably going to be pathetically easy for you.
>max ng cylcle
TOH > Lost Crowns = Depth 5 Chalices >>>>>>>>>>>>> DS3 > DS1 = DS2 > DeS
old hunters is self explanatory, bosses like orphan and laurence have nearly 40-42k hp and can deal insane damage, usually one shotting with multiple attacks even at higher levels(300~). lost crown bosses have more comparable hp and dmg to depth 5 chalices, fume and sir alonne have 30k~, lud & zallen together have about 38k, compared to watchdog who has about 27k. nothing in ds1/ds2(base), ds3 and des really come close to the numbers they dish out.

Im struggling with Bloodborne, but I have already finished all the others.

Struggling on what?

Probably DaS2 with DLC. Fuck Fume knight.

Currently with th Blood Staved Beast. I just need to dedicated more time to it.

Ok anons hardest boss you fought in each game and why?
>DeS
The 2 fuckers on the bridge that gangbang you.
>DS1
Toss up between O&S or Capra Demon.
>DS2
Ancient Dragon in NG+, fucker has the most health of any boss in any of the games
>DS3
The fucking skeleton that kills you instantly with the mist.
>BB
Ebrietes daughter of the Cosmos, since ive not beaten ToH yet.

DaS is the hardest as whole in my point of view. Less checkpoints, more treacherous.

Das2 was also pretty hard, but because of how much it sucked. A lot of the mechanics were just shit. I didn't bother to buy the DLC.

Retrospectively, BB is pretty easy. Of course some bosses fucked me up pretty good, but most areas were cakewalks. DLC on the other hand, was pretty hard.

Das3... depending on the area or the boss, it was piss easy or fucking hell. I got fucked up pretty good in the boreal valley (the whole place, dungeon, cathedral) and in Lothric Castle. Of all the games, it's probably the one in which I killed the most bosses on first try. But it also has the bosses that killed me the most (Pontiff, Oceiros, Aldrich, Nameless King, the undead legion), along with Manus and Kalameet from 1.
Then again I raped NG+, so it's really hard to judge that game, I will wait DLC.

This, played Da:S. Was hard.
Proceed through all games in series. By the time I played 3 it was fucking ez mode

>normal knight set

that shit is so good you can keep it for the whole game, same for the sword you start with if you play quality build

people have different difficulties for different reasons
some people have trouble with retarded bosses you killed on your first try and vice-versa

Oh. He's optional so you can just skip him if you want. I did that the first time without realizing it.

Parry makes him trivial. Otherwise, spin2win. Serrated weapons get a 20% bonus against beasts.

>The fucking skeleton that kills you instantly with the mist.

u fucking wot

That's the easiest boss in the game

I have played all the others and playing through 3 right now. Honestly I think this could be the toughest, I have died 20 times to the abyss watchers and the first boss of the game was a great challenge since I started off as a deprived.
I think overall I prefer bloodbornes design and gameplay but for pure difficulty it has to go to DS3

Wait what? Then where am I supposed to go next?

Do BSB, he is optional but he's part of normal progression.

>Because DaS3 decided to put in enemies and bosses that move at Bloodborne speeds but your character still moves as Souls speeds

What? You roll ridiculously fast.

At lot of the time he pulls you into the mist with his arm when he raises it or lowers it.
He also has a time limit and if he fucks you about with his arm you cant win.
Basically I went full Bed of Chaos on that boss.

DaS, and it's a weird one, but Ceaseless Discharge. I can't for the life of me find the dodge frame for that boss. Have to cheese him every time.

DaS2... going to be a toss up between the Cave of the Dead (I'll be honest, I soloed them, but that victory was partly luck-based for sure) trio and the Burnt Ivory King (though I haven't fought against yet in that play through, might just have been my former build was bad against him).

DaS3, the Two Brothers. Can't for the life of me find an audio cue to their attacks, which made my SL1 run stagger for a short while. Only boss that really stopped me.

Church.

>203306▶
>Which of the SoulsBorne games is the toug

is dark's soul1 a good game to play on xbox one?

Sure. If you've never played it don't spoil it for yourself. Playing DaS blind is probably my favorite video game experience.

okay i will do that. thanks man. i played dark's soul 3 and beat it, it was tough.

DS2 but for retarded reasons. The dlc is pants on head retarded levels of difficulty. Too many mob bosses. It is the only souls game i could never bother to finish because I was not enjoying it.

Bloodborne's cursed chalice dungeons are next to impossible. Orphan of Kos is about the most fucking retarded and stupidly fucking difficult boss ever made in a souls games.

ds3 is my first soul and I'm nearly at the end, does ng+ bring something interesting ?

Yes mobs and bosses hit harder and has more HP and I found myself struggling with bosses such as big skeleton and champion gundyur more.

It was cake walk overall I skipped through most of the maps and just killed bosses you can clear it in very short time.

>1080p versus 720p

This is a competition?

>the dark souls of fantasy RPGs
wut.