Steam Refunds

>*Play game for 1 hour and 50 minutes (possibly even beat the game in this time)*
>"I've had enough of that. Give me my money back, Steam."
>*Gets refund*

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/steam refund 2.jpg/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/_y75gJBYHLAtO2sI62gxMg/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/subject/Steam Refunds/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because 20 years ago you could play games at stores or get demos

How about this one?

>Game has long-ass tutorial.
>Spend an hour and a half playing the game before getting bored and never wanting to play it again.
>Whoops, you can't refund it because the game's tutorial was long! Nice try though.

don't make shit games that can be finished in less than 2 hours. sounds like a good motivator.

Gotta change up the image so your repeat shitposting is harder to notice huh?

speaking of which, lately i've been getting card drops in a game in first hour. does it mean i can't refund it because it gave me cards?

For not-shit games, 2 hours aren't enough to do most of it, let alone finish it. They are just enough to get a grasp of it.

ITT: Things People Think are Problems, But Sincerely Aren't.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/steam refund 2.jpg/

I'm glad it is allowed.

1) no one returns good games
2) there are free flash games with a longer play time than 2 hours
3) the pros of the refund system out weigh the cons

Because if you can experience most of the game in under 2 hours, it's a bad game.
Or it doesn't give a good impression, which is also a fuck up from the devs

It's quality control. A really shit one, but whatever.

If you release a game with less than 2 hours of content, it isn't worth the money you're charging for it. I don't care if it's a fucking dollar. It isn't worth it, and deserves to be refunded.

>make shit game
>steam now gives consumers the power to more or less demo the game and refund if the quality of the product is not up to par

but hey OP you didn't want reasonable discussion on consumer protection and company integrity, you wanted to provide a strawman and spark a tired discussion that's been beaten to death ages ago

I feel like a battered housewife. OP's just came home, kicked his shoes off, and proceeds to open a beer and start yelling again, right on time. The neighbours even use his yelling as a reliable way to tell the time. It's sad, really.

Gam length doesn't equal quality

Sure it does. There are a lot of great games that are too short, and that does taint the entire experience.

If the game has less than 2 hours of content and doesn't have enough replayability it's a bad game.

It qualifies whether it's worth the money I spend for it.

>Beat Firewatch in like 3 and a half hours.
>Hated the ending and the game itself.
>Put in for a steam refund thinking I would not get it.
>To my surprise, it actually went through.

I honestly do not feel bad either. If the game had a decent story or at least a satisfying ending, I wouldn't have even attempted it. But jesus fuck that plot twist was the dumbest shit ever and even predictable.

>still no games to play or pirate

>PC
>games

Good one. Have fun with those excel sheets.

>Games

Good one. Posting on Cred Forums for 8 hours a day is a better use of time.

You should feel bad user. If you went into a restaurant and ate a whole meal but decided you didn't like the dessert would you ask for a refund and expect to get it?

McFucking kill your self

>*action*
Greetings, Tumblrina.

It's like pirating games but for retards

I haven't used it once yet, because I always pirate my games and I know exactly what I'm buying

Bwahahahahahahaahahahaha

If the entire meal is shit all around? Yes.

Hell, there was one place that was so bad that they comped the entire meal because the service and food quality was so bad. I normally do not even complain and just eat, but in that case I had to say something (said place is gone now as well).

Most games on the NES were shorter and you couldn't refund them.

And? These aren't NES games and they're usually not as fun.

So even though the meal was shit you still ate it all? And then asked for a refund? Jeez you're an asshole user.

If a game is more than two hours long, you've got a good feel for it.
If it's less than two hours long, it's either good enough to replay or leaves a strong impression.

Most games with actual depth that last >2 hours arent hit by the mass refund scourge because buyers are satisfied with their purchase.

>modern games take ages to get fun
>modern gaming is so much better

Actually, I ate about half. And trust me, it was close to inedible.

Either way, refunds have existed in retail for years. What is stopping someone from finishing a game and returning it to the store/online? Steam refunds are actually a lot more restrictive.

What fucking poor excuse for a game can't even last 2 hours? Sounds more like a scam to me, which is a good reason such a refund system exists.

Why would you ever give a fuck unless you were a game developer that made shitty hour long games? If you are one then fuck you I honestly wish hell were real just so I could see people like you burn in it.

>play game
>it crashes and won't restart
>go for refund, fit within requirements
This is horse shit, gabe cock gobbler leave

>play game
>it's boring
>close it
>it doesn't actually exit
>it builds up time in the background so you can't refund it

>Most games on the NES were shorter
Sure, if you could beat them in one sitting without loosing all your lives. you couldn't
You know that normal countries allow you to refund literally anything, as long as you don't break it? You buy a thing, test it for a while, if it's good you keep it and if it's bad you refund it, that's how the world works.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/_y75gJBYHLAtO2sI62gxMg/

boards.fireden.net/v/search/subject/Steam Refunds/

OP is a gigantic spamming faggot