Is it really that good?

is it really that good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KRKP3VbI41M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Meh.

No.

For its time yes, but nowadays game could live up to the hype OoT gets.

its more like an 85-90 in inflated scores
im a dirty 97er that grew up with TP and prefer it. feels more condensed and trimmed

Cred Forums everyone

It's an integral part of history and the medium of gaming, and every game released in the past 20 years has copied it in one way or another.

It's alright

>grew up with TP
>thinks his opinion matters

Absolutely. Fully 3d. Good targetting and combat. Unique enemies. Amazing music. Tons of secrets in the world. Horse riding is enjoyable with an open world. Diverse environments and many dungeons. Then you add in time travel and you've covered all bases of a great fantasy game.

All limited to a n64 cartridge. It's truly a masterpiece.

It's pretty good but I prefer Majora's Mask

For the time yes because it was one of the great pioneers of 3D action games. Nowadays? No game could live up to that hype, even if it is a genderbent loli-Jesus that dispensed soft serve icecream from her tits.

Yes. To this day there really isn't anything like it other than the sequels after MM, which aren't as good.

Some retro games do live up to their hype, though.

Battletoads is still the hardest game ever made.

Mega Man 3 is still the best 2D action game ever made.

Ocarina of Time is nowhere near the best 3D, action, puzzle or adventure game ever made.

Overrated describes it pretty well

>Battletoads is still the hardest game ever made.
>Mega Man 3 is still the best 2D action game ever made.
lol

You will NOT

I repeat NOT belittle OoT by comparing it to contemporary games that nobody will remember in 3 years

It's 10/10 and you know it

>TP
>condensed
>when the gap between every dungeon is filled with ridiculous padding that slows the pace of the game to a crawl

Should've taken all that shit and bundled them into sidequests, then you'd have a real contender for best Zelda game.

>Ocarina of Time is nowhere near the best 3D, action, puzzle or adventure game ever made.
No, but it was when it came out. That was user's point. Also those two examples are fucking shit mate.

No. It's very good and somewhat revolutionary for it's time. Very important in history terms.

But because of this importance and the fact it was part of the childhood people talked about and it became somewhat of a meme that OoT was THE BEST EVER to the point where any discussion of the actual game became moot because it was DA BEST GAM EVUR.

This also sparked contrarians and people who were just were tired of DA BEST GAM EVUR who would do the exact same thing with the game's flaws, valid or otherwise.

This poisoned the well of any discussion that could ever take place around this game as it will inevitably be dominated by one, the other or both, neither of whom are really objective or even interested in the game itself so much as trying to be popular. I blame casuals. It really is a shame. It has a lot to give in discussion.

TL;DR You're not really going to get a good opinion from review aggregates on OOT.

Most scores are a product of their time.
I love Bioshock, but I cannot agree with the 96 score it holds. It completely shits itself in the very end, and the moral choice system is the most binary bullshit implementation I've ever seen. On top of that, the crappiness of the PC port is something that would have been a topic of discussion today, but was completely ignored back then.
Yet, this stuff was massive at the time, hence the scores.

yes it WAS that good when it came out

Majoras Mask was superior in every way

Yes OOT did everything right. Also it was one of the first game to transition from 2d to 3d well. The only people who are saying it's over rated are comparing it to modern games and not other games of the time.

If you have to ask, then the answer is always no.

This man is correct

I love Ocarina to death, and it's really difficult for me to find one thing that stands out as especially egregious, but that's not to say it's "Perfect" by any means.

> feels more condensed and trimmed
>TP
Go back and play it again, you weren't paying enough attention however many times you played it. TP isn't bad but condense and trimmed are absolutely not what it was.

>People actually grew up with TP
Is this how ALttPfags felt?

Like a lot of N64 games you have to look at it in context. The answer is yes.

Overall Twilight Princess is better. So is Link to the Past, imo.

It's the first or second best game on n64. leave it at that

As a LttPfag born in 1998, yes
I don't deny OoT significance, but it's really not that great of a game to play anymore, especially the N64 version. Only the dungeons are really good if you ask me.

l think it has aged remarkably well, sure it doesn't have the insane amount of content of modern games, some of the puzzles are rudimentary and the combat is clunky, but it's full of iconic, memorable moments, it has great environments, fantastic music, and more importantly immaculate pacing

it just feels like a classic epic adventure on top of being one of the most influential games of all time, if OoT is overrated then which game isn't?

Did you not watch Egoraptors video about it? It's a meh game that was overhyped at the time and it stuck that way.

Why OOT is judged by its time while other games like Sonic Adventure and Crash don't?

>Is this how ALttPfags felt?
Yes. Alttp is just as good a OOT if not better.

how do you define 'action' as a genre?

Not him but I usually judge it by how much of a focus the game has on combat. For example: Castlevania would suck with no enemies, but Mario would still be pretty much the same, just really easy.

As somebody who grew up with OoT ALttP is a better designed game than OoT. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. It's just a wholly unfamiliar feeling to see people talking about shit from their childhood that's shit that I remember -- and played a large role in -- a much later part in my life. It's fucking weird.

Overrated as hell and it has aged

Still very good and impressive when it was released

Play the 3DS one because the original one has fuckin horrible frame rate

You had to be there and experience the game during it's release.

I always see people claiming that OoT set the formula that's been used in pretty much every zelda to date since then but it was always LTTP that did that. doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

good dungeons, great bosses, bad and empty open world.

Yep. Still holds up.

egoraptor is a contrarian faggot and l want to stab him in his quintuple chin with a sharpened toothbrush

The 3DS version is the best one because it fixes lots of things from the original

Basically this
I like to see Hyrule Field as a hub for all the other areas that actually have shit in them, but it's way too big and takes too long to traverse for me to say it's a good addition to the game

because OoT holds up even by today's standards, barring graphics

disagree, play the N64 version. the lightning is awful and makes the Ganon fight much less menacing

I prefer the way the original looks so that's the one I go back to.

It fixes zero things and breaks several.

>is it really that good?
Not even the most hardcore nintendo fanboys like it

Hyrule Field is the only part of the game I will agree on has "aged" because it only existed to show off the true power of the N64.

What, graphics + unnecessary boss rush = several things?

>Fixes zero things
Framerate, item shortcuts make the Water Temple not a tedious slog
>Breaks several
The lighting, and...

See

>This post
OoT was amazing for its time just like how Golden Eye was revolutionary for console FPS'
Things age and early 3D games aged poorly. OoT, KOTOR and even Morrowind aged like yogurt left out in the sun.

Alttp set the formula for zelda games. Most of gear started there the whole light and dark realms. Oot was great but when you think about it most of it was already in Alttp.

No. The only video game to deserve that score is the game's sequel.

>the lightning is awful and makes the Ganon fight much less menacing

Quit your nostalgia googles faggot, the 3ds one provides a better, comfortable and complete gaming experience

>born in 97

please fuck off

why? he's legal now, you know

All those games are leagues better than the shit we have today. I recommend taste.

Wind waker was better

TLoZfag here, it's gonna get worse

>battletoads the hardest game ever made
>not dark souls

I find it pretty boring desu

>people born in 2000 will be 18 in slightly over a year

How does it feel, fellow grandpa?

I disagree
The art style and visuals in general look better
But my only real complaint with OoT is that Hyrule Field is too big and empty and takes too long to go through it, and Wind Waker is way way worse about that.

Not only is MM3 not the best 2D action game, it's not even the best Mega Man. It's not even the best platformer.

now that's an overrated game

tww is just a shittier version of oot with a shiny coat of paint

born in 88 here. I will never forget the first time I played it. I honestly think it's the greatest game I've ever played, it just isn't my favorite game I've ever played.

>because OoT holds up even by today's standards, barring graphics
those games hold up as well. And have better graphics.

Yeah, a shinier version of OoT with
>better dungeons
>better story
>better overworld
>better exploration
>better puzzles
>better characters
>better soundtrack
>better replay value
>better fight mechanics
>a timeless art style

I mean, other than that, they're the same game right?

OOT's score is strongly influenced by the fact that there are only 22 official reviews for it. These days, most games have upwards of 50-75 critical reviews

I'd even go as far to say Sonic Adventure holds up better. It still has the best platforming physics of any 3D Sonic

>Dog shit has the best taste of any shit ever

And the reviews were written by people who enjoy video games and not journalism school faggots. It was also before gaming got really shitty in 2007 and said faggots invaded.

>Hurr all Sonic games are shit

user, I love Sonic Adventure and will defend the ideas it tried to execute 'til the grave but..."holds up"? The number of glitches encountered through normal gameplay is off the chart. That game needs a proper remake just to get rid of those.

>better dungeons
stopped reading here

Less dungeons, yes, but they are absolutely superior.

Yeah, I played the DX rerelease on PS3 (supposedly the buggiest version of the game) earlier this year, and thought it was pretty great.
You're grossly overexaggerating SA1's bugs like it's Sonic 06

tww has by far the worst dungeons of any 3d zelda game, you're talking out of your ass

Alttp = oot > Mm > ww > tp > ss
Why is zelda getting shitter?

rules states that you have to be 13 on this site, please leave.

I 100%'d DX (and 2: Battle) on PS3 a couple years back and I stand by my comment. Horrible camera, so many situations where you can clip through walls and fall into nothingness, and cutscenes that look unfinished because of the way they changed the character models in DX. Even something as basic as the chao garden has problems with Gamma; he can't walk in the bloody water, which makes retrieving chao frustrating. Lots of little oversights like that.

It's no '06, sure, but I challenge you to show Sonic Adventure to a younger player in 2016 and convince them it holds up. I love it despite the screw-ups.

The remake is better :)

Perhaps you can argue that it deserved that score at the time for the huge transition it had.

But if we score it in modern day standards, it doesn't even get a 7

>Born in 1994
>Started playing Zelda games by the time I was 12, so this would have been in 2006
I feel like my opinion is less biased because there's no nostalgia-goggles associated to it.

A Link to the Past >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ocarina of Time

No, it's overrated as fuck. It's not even on the top 3 best 3D Zeldas.

Calling the original Sonic games shit is a bit much, but pretending they were anything above mediocrity is dumb as well. They were always poor man's Mario

Second, WW dungeons are abysmal: mindnumbingly boring and insultingly trivial.

I sense reddit cookies.

everybody knows that, he's just shitposting

>comparing Sonic to Mario

Despite both being 2D platformers, they have completely different design philosophies. Might as well say Tetris is like the sliding block puzzles in a game like Zelda.

Okay, explain to me what you look for in a Zelda dungeon and why OoT delivers that moreso than Wind Waker.

I think OOT is excellent. The Adult Link dungeons are incredible, easy but fine tuned.
It's hard to find a game so polished and well made, that takes advantage of its console's power so well.

If you haven't played it by now just don't. You're probably underage or a mouth breather or something. We don't need any more 16 year olds who weren't even alive when it came out crying how the game is overrated and the graphics suck

I started playing Zelda games with Ocarina of Time, then went back and played Link to the Past; was hype as fuck when Majora's Mask came out in October of 2000, and I finally got into the N64 games with the Collector's Edition disc that came with preordering Wind Waker

The atmosphere and gameplay in Ocarina of Time are something that revolutionized the industry back in the day, and it seems like only recently people seem to be trying to call it overrated just to fulfill their sense of superiority

I miss when it was just people whining about what was the better game, OoT or FF7

Wind Waker tries its hardest to solve every puzzle for you as soon as you walk into the room. It's almost as bad as Okami in this respect.

Somebody post the webm of the "puzzle" in the Forsaken Fortress where you boomerang the 4 statues to open the portal to the surface. The King of Red Lions straight up shows you EXACTLY how to solve it, without even giving you a chance to fail a couple times before chiming in. At least Navi and Midna would only bitch at you if you clearly couldn't figure things out.

3DS version looks good tho m8.

How about more than one possible obvious critical path? OoT dungeons had a variety of structure. Forest and Water Temple had hubs and branches. Fire opened up to big and sprawling rooms in a two-pronged structure. Spirit and Shadow were mostly linear successions of challenges.

Every single WW dungeon is structured identically: it's trivially linear, and then once you get the item, loops back on itself so it can put you in front of the one optional offshoot in the dungeon which leads to a treasure chart. This is a massive downgrade compared to previous games, which had more optional content, secrets, and areas. In OoT, the dungeons mostly hid Golden Skulltulas.

Then WW falls flat on its face when it comes to the challenges itself. The puzzles are so easy that they're an insult. Toddler toys have more complexity, because at least then a small retarded child could attempt to put the round peg in the square hole. WW does not even let you do that. Nearly every "puzzle" has one possible action at any given time: the right action. You never have to use your brain, you just have to do the one thing you can do and you're always successful. Examples are the optional puzzle in the Wind Temple and the retarded mirror room in the Earth Temple.

Wind Waker temples are an exercise in boredom and nothing else. They bored me as a kid and they bore me now.

To be fair, I think most people have some "popular game" they've never played for whatever reason. In my case, I didn't touch FFVII until like 2012 despite playing video games well before it launched. I walked away liking Crisis Core more.

probably not.
it's good though.

We should review bomb it with 0s

Personally I don't think it is. I've beaten Zelda II but OoT I still to this day can't stay interested in long enough to beat.

It's a 5/10 for me. It's not a horrible game but it's not the greatest game ever nor the greatest Zelda game.

>we

No its overrated
On top of that
Is related to the cancerous retro nostalgia and the shit culture pop of gamers

Maybe because has strong color shapes autist like it more like majoras mask

>Is related to the cancerous retro nostalgia and the shit culture pop of gamers
A more contrarian statement could not be created.

youtu.be/KRKP3VbI41M

>I formulated my opinion by watching a youtube video
Says it all really.

Are you implying it's not? I love the game but it is the main stay of "I'm such a gamer let Zelda xd" culture.

The shitty frame rate makes it almost unplayable.
The 3DS version is the 6th greatest game of all time though.

Recent played on n3ds, the 3ds version for the first time.

For it's time, it's really good. Living huge world that you could find in 90s games but in a very go find your adventure type. I am not mindblown for now but for it's day it is understandable why it's greatly held high. It is an adventure but not your typical Grand feeling RPG adventure.

I assume that Majora's Mask is even more improved.

Oh I also forgot, Zelda fans are the most annoying GAMURR types of all. Never seen a more autistic annoying lying fanbase. Pretty sure most of them never even finished any of them.

LOL you didn't play it when it came out

your loss

bge

For the N64 that was the best game around

Now the master quest is a better option

>spend most of the game hopping sideways through Hyrule field
I would rather play F-Zero X anyday of the week

This

3DS version of Majora is disappointing.

How so?

They made some changes that aren't really game-changing, but they're really tedious and annoying.

Spinning as a deku scrub no longer gives you a speed boost, so when you hop across the water and land on a lily pad, you always start your next hop slowly. Zora swimming is slower too, you need to use magic if you want to go as fast as the n64 version.

They changed the bosses around too, and aside from Ghot they're all much less fun to play.

Yes. A better game has never been released imo

There's all these small dumb changes.

OoT is still fun to play, it still has tons of atmosphere, it still has a fun albiet simple story, it still has top teir music.

My favorite part of oot is how well the built the world and its characters. Pretty much everything has an explaination, like the reason to why kakariko hasnt gone to shit. They even put in subtle hints as to how some of the sages end up dying that you might not realize till your third or fourth time playing

Theres alot to the game that people simply ignore because they dont just stop and take a time to look around and interact in OoT for some reason.

What a shame

First of all, the rule is: always subtract 10 pts to every Nintendo first party's Metascore, especially if it's Mario & Zelda.

But anyway, in the context of its time, yes, that score is almost true. Of course if you're one of these babies grown up with garbage like Wind Waker and you're going to play it now you're not going to like it.

Actually the Mega drive trilogy is much better than any mario game.

I played for the first time in my life in 2012 for the 3DS. The only Zelda games I had played prior were The Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass. I was extremely hyped, because everyone had told me it was one of the greatest games ever made.

It wasn't. And don't come to me with that shit about "ohh, but the 3DS version sucks, the N64 version is superior". Shut up. The N64 version is garbage compared to the 3DS one.

I think it goes to show how important great music is for creating nostalgia
OOT is like an incredible album, and the dark varied settings gets associated with the songs as you play
Then every time you remember the music (which you do a lot, it's very catchy) you get a hit of nostalgia

>Battletoads

I called my local gamestop and asked if they had it, and the dude told me to fuck off and hung up. The fuck was his problem?

At the time it was hard to see how it could have been better. It wasn't a case of it did this well, but X game did it better in any field really.

Not at all

>b-buh-b-but g-good for i-it's tuh-time!!!
>buh...but i-i saw...on...on this t-top 100 games list....
Fuck off

>goldeneye
You haven't played that game in at least 16 years

I played it yesterday.

>"use the item you just found"
>great bosses

On N64?

Imagine the Skyrim of its time if Skyrim wasn't shit.

No
And it wasn't THAT good for it's time either

Yes, that's where the webm is from too.

How's that youtube channel going, my fellow retro gamer? XD

It's great. Not the best Zelda imo

I don't know how you could tolerate controls that shit, well done

The game has like 6 optional control schemes.

I want Arin Hanson to go and stay go forever

Uh huh, they're all terrible

Just like your tastes.

t. person who's first console was the 360

Majora´s mask its better.

>muh nostalgia

Yes. It is. Fuck you Cred Forums.

I played OoT3D not too long ago.
I don't understand what all the fuss is about. It's a pretty good game, but not 11/10 GOTYAY that the internet seems to think it is.

Being good for it's time in my opinion is an irrelevant factor.

>muh controls

TP was garbage
I feel sorry for all the people for whom it was the first Zelda

>m-muh childhood
>muh need to return to the times when life was good and I never had to worry about anything
>muh needing to be 12 and playing splitscreen with muh bros once more
>muh wanting to crawl back inside the womb

You're giving him too much credit. Having a 360 would at least imply he has some semblance of hindsight and age progression.

Nah, we're talking to a full-blown PCfriend. Someone who has no concept of paradigm generational shifts. Notice how his entire argument is baiting you for more information. It's cause he's hungry to know more about consoles, but too prideful to admit he had a deprived childhood that missed out on the best games of all time, which still are.

by your logic goldeneye 64 is a 2/10 turd

I never actually played the game as a child.

that's not Super Metroid

>good for it's time meme
>literally, literally "muh childhood"
Lmao.

Well OoT3D has the downside of having stellar graphics on old models with rudimentary AI. If you could play it with the basic graphics, you could kinda see why the AI isn't more complex than it is. So as it is, you're left wondering how people enjoyed this game 18 years ago as much.

You can't really expect to understand how good OoT is, just from OoT3D.

Well I wouldn't say that. Mostly because I've never played goldeneye.
Back to my point, if something is good, then the test of time won't matter. Gameplay is above all else. OoT, despite being an old game, still has good gameplay, so it is a good game today. ALtP is a very old game, but has good gameplay, so it is a still good game today.

Do you actually believe any FPS released in the past 6 years has been better than Goldeneye or Perfect Dark?

I said "best games of ALL time."

Which they are. Sorry you missed out. It's never too late to go back, unless of course you're neck deep in what Buddha called the greatest evil, "ignorance."

For 1998 yes

Fast forward almost 20 years in the future and no. OOT by today's standards would be a passable game at best.

Back in 1998 though it was revolutionary. Anybody who says otherwise obviously wasn't around in 1998, or too young to form a valid opinion.

>You can't really expect to understand how good OoT is, just from OoT3D.
But it's the same game. You can pull lighting and graphics all you want but at the end of the day the game is the same, with very few quality of life improvements like the touch screen menu.
And after playing other Zeldas that came after it, I'm not really concerned about why the AI isn't more complex when almost nothing in any of the other games aren't complex either.

No, I only like games that remind of when I was 12 and had fun with my friends, and were good for their time

>the best game of all time is shit if judged by the standards of today...but good for it's time!
I'll never understand this shit logic

>Fast forward almost 20 years in the future and no. OOT by today's standards would be a passable game at best.

I'd buy OoT a hundred times over any games released this generation short of Breath of the Wild.

Goldeneye is a 2/10 turd

>You can't really expect to understand how good OoT is, just from OoT3D.
How is the N64 version any better

Games today don't have standards, you underage pleb.

>muh gameplay is the only thing that matters
I'd usually mock you but I'm more inclined to agree as of late

I've heard DOOM4 was p gud although I don't have a system to play it on

But it was like your dick.

Short.

Jesus Christ dude yes

Go replay these games

Yeah we need to go back to the times when people played console FPS games with one analog stick, those were the days

Shut the fuck up your retarded underage cunt, you probably never even played that game when you were a child like me so your opinion is invalid

>mrw someone criticizes the best game of all time (for its time)
Oof, right in the childhood...

>gameplay is the only thing that matters
Well I take the same attitude for playing older games that I took with watching the older gundam shows. It's not going to look as pretty as 00, Unicorn, or Thunderbolt but that's just obvious and something to keep kind in mind.

I never said it was good for its time. I said it's the best game of all time, PERIOD. Wipe off those salty tears and freaking read my post. You people are the most ironically dumb people on the internet. You always bring up this argument as if it's some semantic epiphany only you can see against anything you don't like, but you don't get the fact that the only one perpetuating it is you.

Holy cows, join the freaking club, and stop making us look down on you, you special snowflake.

>Wailuigi
Gay

>Yeah we need to go back to the times when people played console FPS games with one analog stick, those were the days
You can use two controllers at once for dual analog, but you don't need to because the game doesn't control like Halo. If you played the game you would know this.

>Egoraptor

I'm 24. I played goldeneye when it was relevant. I loved it and played it nonstop. It was only good because there were no better options on console at the time, and we were kids.

It's not good. Period. Go play it. Bad controls, bad mechanics, bad ai, bad level design. A bad game.

I don't know where you fucks come from thinking its some untouchable fantastic FPS. You're clowns. It wasn't even one of the better fps at the time. There were fps that came out 4 years prior to goldeneye that hold up better today

I think this is taking things too far, but I will say that I can't think of any game that brings the sense of adventure OoT had other than W101.

No. It's a VERY overrated games. Maybe it was revolutionary for its time but for ours it's just an okay game.

>game that brings the sense of adventure OoT had
Almost any DQ game to be honest

>Bad controls, bad mechanics, bad ai, bad level design
The controls are subjective but no way does it have bad level design. What is your idea of good if that's bad?

So much fucking this. They need to rerelease Goldeneye exactly as it was in 97 right now, in 2016, so we can show those CANCEROUS modern """""game""""" devs how it's done. The intuitive controls, fantastic gunplay and mindblowing graphics will blow modern gamer's socks off!

>You can use two controllers at once for dual analog
I can't tell if you honestly think this a good control scheme or not

>Halo
Yep...gamers are split into two camps - you're either a Halo kid, or a Goldeneye kid...I know what camp I'm in

>I'm 24
Child confirmed. Come back when you played the game at 12 years old

Have there been any this gen?

Personally I liked Final Fantasy IX more

I can tell you've never played the game and are nuclear levels of butthurt.

>Dark Souls
Beat Halo 2 in LASO and then we will talk

I hope you kill yourself. TP isn't even in OoT's shadow.

Half life, doom 1(barring some), Deus ex, unreal

Goldeneye level design is fucking boring and tedious. That second m snow mission at night goddamn.

No? I played it as a wee lad with my mates and it was the peak of my short existence

>praising Unreal while disliking the most wide open level in GE

>He thinks that reviews matter
>He rates a game based on numbers and what bloggers/E celebs think

>go to FNM
>shuffling before it starts
>hear a group of nerds talking about Zelda
>one of them says I'm sorry, but OoT is my favorite game in the franchise
>he gets ganged up on by everyone else in the group, most of them repeating what Arin said in his shit video
Does this guy really have that strong of an influence on people?

Its a bit of a boring game. Enemies aren't really a threat and the puzzles are too simple. Jabu Jabu's belly was the only really great dungeon.

This guy gets it, it really has everything a great adventure game needs and more.
There's something about it that remains timeless for me, maybe it's a bit of nostalgia for when I was in grade school but it really has remained fun for me after all these years.

Damn now I wanna replay it on both my N64 and 3DS.

So fucking what? Two levels having a vague similarity doesn't mean I'll like both. Unreal is well designed. Goldeneye isn't.

I don't even get why people take his vidya opinions seriously these days when it's clear that he sucks at videogames from Game Grumps.

b-but muh safe space!

>b-but egoraptor!
>b-but he's "popular," so he has to be right!

SA aged better than OoT. That doesn't mean that SA is a better game, but if you compare it to modern games it doesn't get hit as hard as OoT because its problems were evident from its time.

Shoot! I'm probably gonna outta post room but whatever.

Ok, so there are various reasons why OoT>OoT3D when understanding what made it good. These reasons basically encompass varied factors that I will list.

>Immersion:
So in the games we obviously see that there's a running theme graphically, from each area into the dungeons. Forest leads into old tree. Rugged mountainside into an organic-looking mine. Pristine lake into whale stomach (notice how you're treading water all the way up to the platform where you drop the fish). Let's nevermind the fact of how hard it must be to visually simulate a replica of an environment with new 'more complex' models, while keeping this feel the same. Nah, let's look only at the objective... how the environments interact is changed. Because the seam between areas is now altered by the more demanding graphics, it messes with the very rudimentary two-tone style of take Dodongo's Cavern for instance. Now you have to present those cracks throughout the dungeon more realistically. I forgot which room, but I'm 99% sure that in the cartridge version of OOT, one of the parasitic rooms is filled with blood. I can think of two places where this affected the gameplay. In the Ice Cavern you can now see the tricky wall that you had to look for on the map before, and burn down to reveal the latter half of the mini-dungeon (part of this was designer's choice, but the walls are less subtle in OoT3D because the game is more detailed). In the desert, you can now see through the sandstorm relatively easily. In OoT it was a nightmare trying to go through it.

>AI:
There's just subtle things... like how some Big Skulltulas can't be caught off-guard. They will spin at you the moment they're attacked if you're coming from behind. In OoT, they all seemed the same. In OoT3D you're like "oh this is the one that does that." Part of that is the environment is so detailed they're more alive and imprint on you.

>b-but egoraptor!
>b-but he's "popular" so he has to be wrong!
Maybe you should try thinking for yourself.

>it's another kids born after 9/11 complain about a game they never played but watched an overweight manchild who used to draw flash cartoons complain about and parrot his shitty opinions episode

No it didn't. Both has aged for sure but OOT holds up better now. SA was janky for when it came out

That's Megaman X you dumb fuck.

It's mega man 2 kiddos

>every way
No one with half a brain can have this opinion.
If nothing else, Ocarina of Time had objectively more dungeons.

>more=better
kys

>comparing OoT to KOTOR and Morrowind
OoT was and always will be a much more well-made game than both of those.

Yes, when it comes to the amount of dungeons, OoT is superior to Majora's Mask. Fucking mongoloid.

>more
>equals
>better

>can't understand the simple fact that WHEN IT COMES TO THE AMOUNT OF DUNGEONS OoT is objectively superior
This is a statement that refutes this retard Too bad you're an even bigger retard that can't understand basic english. Don't bother replying.

Are you dense?
I wasn't actually using Egoraptor to justify my opinion on the game. I was mocking someone who was.

>more

>equals

>better

Kill. Your. Self.

What does the amount of dungeons have to do with anything? Yeah, there were more dungeons in OoT, but that doesn't make it a better game. Ever heard of the saying, "quality over quantity?"

How is your opinion this shit? Jabu-Jabu was the worst dungeon in the game.

>half escort mission
>once you get the boomerang you have to kill the same tentacle thing like 3 times
>Big Octo isn't fun to fight at all
>shit music