Have you seen gameplay of Valkyria Chronicles: Azure Revolution?

Have you seen gameplay of Valkyria Chronicles: Azure Revolution?
youtube.com/watch?v=gY6ANNhj1ho

Because holy fuck, WHO CAN YOU FUCK A GAME THIS BAD!? Attrocious, generic real-time battle and full-on fucking anime clichées.
And the TGS 2016 gameplay is just as terrible.

Fucking Sega.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0RnWe3Cq3UU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can believe I was once hyped for this
>but it's a spin off dude xDDDD

Yet it appeals to no one. The map design is pure shit too.

>trying to get people outraged by using 7-month-out-of-date gameplay footage for a game still in development
Damn you're fucking slimy.
It looks a lot better now since they dropped that awful phase-shifting mechanic.
youtu.be/0RnWe3Cq3UU
I wish they'd doubled-down on the gunplay, but it's unlikely when you take a look at Valkyria 2 and 3.
Now it's like a squad-based TPS/hack 'n slash which seems interesting. I wonder how much variety there will be in weapons/characters.

Still looks like shit compared to the main games.

I'd take another VC2 over this.

I can't get over the fact that it's a prequel, yet the tech level seems to be higher

It's not a Prequel tho. It's unrelated to the main games timeline.

when did they say it was a prequel?, wasnt it suppose to be an alternate story completely unrelated to the original valkyria games?

>real-time
Congratulations, now weebs can know that feel when Todd transformed Fallout from a turn-based RPG into a 3rd person shooter with stats.

according to devs they are reworking gameplay to be more turn based and range focused after negative reactions to trailers

It is a spinoff completely unrelated to the chronicles series.
Only thing it shares is Valkyrias and Ragnite.

In an interview the director said military themes in VC was way too scary for Japan so they wanted to have more magic and fantasy.

What faggots. A true sequel to vc1 with further developmengs of the military themes (more vehickes, tactics, etc) would have been amazing.

>In an interview the director said military themes in VC was way too scary for Japan so they wanted to have more magic and fantasy.

>In an interview the director said military themes in VC was way too scary for Japan so they wanted to have more magic and fantasy.

GAMER: This time you're showing off and drawing way more from fantasy elements.

Ozawa: When it comes to VAR, it's very much a story with humans as a base, infused with military elements carried over from Chronicles and incorporated with magic elements which should be familiar to any Japanese RPG player.

Incidentally, we promoted Chronicles using a theme of a “realistic military”, but when mentioning its strong points we avoided relying on keywords like "guns" and "tanks". While military themes are accepted abroad, we did our best not to frame military terminology in a sense of good versus evil domestically.

Back during the domestic release of VC1, Alicia and Isara along with other cute girls were used as visuals during marketing, but the moment people noticed a tank, they'd comment "Isn't this a Western game? Won't there be clashing iron and bloodletting?" There were quite a few cases of this interpretation so in order to ease those concerns we placed VC2 in a school setting to redirect those notions. (Editor's Note: ouch. Please keep reading though, please. haha)

GAMER: I see! I personally like the grittier edge of military themes, but that's a fresh perspective.

Mikami: Of course, there are many people who share your opinion of enjoying the rougher side of the military. In addition to what Ozawa was talking about before, within Japan there is a lack of familiarity regarding gun culture. In the most extreme examples people would find them very frightening.

Ozawa: "Swinging a sword" is fantasy, but "shooting a gun" evokes a much more raw feeling, doesn't it?

spooky scary guns

The original Valkyria Chronicles was the Suikoden of last gen. Since then, the creator has quit working on the games and the series has fallen apart just like Suikoden did.

You know what would be cool, if it came out for PC user

>This is after they said they took the critizism from the earlier demos and improved on the gameplay

Sasuga Sega.

This doen't make sense to me.
On top of thousands of years of 1000times folded superior samurai steel 'rive by the honoribu brade' culture they essentially worship, japan has strict gun control laws.

Wouldn't swinging a sword be more 'real' to the average japanese person then something they've likely never seen or fired?

Is there a twitter or something where i can call this guy a pussy directly?

the degradation of a genuine original japanese game to Moeshit to sterotypical RPG.

Goddamn japan. like holy shit bring up those standards.

Always this japanese faggotry everywhere. How I wish we had something between japanese faggotry and western faggotry. Just something that is very fictional but also very weighty and a bit more realistic.

Japan just wants their fucking cliches over and over and over and over again

Fuck Japan, they were a massive mistake.

They will die out soon

You mean like 80/90s japanese stuff where everything was essentially Napoleonic europe viewed through a japanese lens with magic and or mechs?

Sounds fucking good to me

Isometric RPGs are shit famalam. The entire genre was a product of using what tech they had at the time to trick people into thinking a spreadsheet was a game.

It's like how they were too scared of the blood and gore of 999 so they toned it down for VLR

>full-on fucking anime clichées
The only thing that wasn't an anime cliche in Valkyria Chronicles was the "european" setting

I don't really care about the direction or setting. I just want fun fictional stuff that doesn't exist but the real weight of a realistic world behind it. Like in japanese content you always see big ass oversized weapons and all kind of devastating attacks that do jack shit. I want to feel the entire weight of a big ass sword that should break bones on impact no matter how well you guard against it. I don't want 5 million bullets that you deflect with your katana. Just deflect one bullet with great difficulty to give this shit some meaning and weight.

It looks fun

I was annoyed in the past at the direction aesthetically that was taken after VC1 but I still played them as I like the gameplay.

Yet meanwhile here they fucked the aesthetic and the gameplay.