Who are YOUR favorite video game villains, Cred Forums?

Who are YOUR favorite video game villains, Cred Forums?
Nefarious is a blessing and a curse. He's tons of fun in 3, but his inclusion in the remake is terrible.

He was a ton of fun in Crack in Time though.

what remake

The Ratchet and Clank remake of course.

I still haven't found a game with a better nemesis than Liquid Snake. Cam Clarke sells the character so well.

Insomniac clearly loves him, and it makes sense. He's got a design that's fun to animate and is perfectly suited for slapstick humor and wild gesticulations. He perfectly meshes with the tone of the series.

The problem has been up its own ass with its lore and attempts to chase Pixar/Dreamworks' coattails since Crack in Time.

>It's your blood next! Then I will make this world BURN!

Insomniac has tried having super srs melodramatic stories since Tools of Destruction, though.
Crack in Time was better in terms of tone and story than either ToD or the remake, and I think the goofiness of Nefarious is what helped give CiT the balance it needed.

Best villain ever coming through

This. I got all hyped to fight chairman Drek and the fucker just sheeps him.

Game?

I'm not talking about the drama, I'm just saying CiT is where it started going head on into DEEP LORE.

I think the series would both be better and more fondly remembered if they just took more time on each game and 1, 3 and CiT was its own trilogy.

Legacy of Kain Defiance.

It's not just that; the entire reason Nefarious works is because he emerges and takes the role of recurring villain AFTER Ratchet and Clank become heroes. Having him be the baddie from the outset diminishes the duo's accomplishments and his own competency by making it their thing to trounce him from day one. Giving him a concrete, witnessed background takes away from his character and steals the interplay of two complimentary duos who are brought to each other via their common link in Qwark.

It's just shit, like making Ocelot the final boss in a Metal Gear 1/2/Solid remake.

This all happened because they were pursuing that Dreamworks dosh though. ToD is when they started fucking the lore.

I know, I'm just saying that CiT is where the lore got too DEEP to defend despite being a much better game than ToD. The core plot of it is much better as well, but all the retcons with Clank are just awful.

And Nefarious stopped being blue, which really messes with his color balance.

Thanks! I've been meaning to check out the series. Is it an action platformer with some rpg level/skill elements?

Can't fault that.
The sidescrolling qwark levels really set him up well.

Yeah the whole bullshit about Clank was really dumb.

Blood Omen 1 is like a really fucking jank Link to the Past with good writing but shit control and enemy design. I'd honestly recommend watching a playthroughs unless you really wanna spend a long time exploring a pretty mediocre game.

Soul Reaver is an excellent piece of video game writing with some nice aesthetics for its time. The gameplay is very much in the vein of Tomb Raider and OOT and you'll be spending a ton of time pushing blocks. It had a visual upgrade on Dreamcast, but the PC version runs at a higher resolution.

Soul Reaver 2 is more of the same but not as good.

Blood Omen 2 kinda sucks.

Defiance wraps up the story thematically but leaves loose ends.

Everything but BO1 is on sale for 10 bucks on GOG.

I felt they went a bit too far by showing what he was like before becoming a robot, but since it was brief and the comics were dubiously credible it worked fine.

Showing us a lame humanoid version and then fighting his robot version in the same game just makes him less interesting.