Complains about piracy

>complains about piracy
>buys used games
explain

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9uhYm8nLdb0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My money is still fueling the economy, and by extension, the gaming industry.

Those games already gave money to the devs/pubs.

Pirates have no right to criticize anyone.

dumb frogposter

I don't think I've bought a used game since the 90s/early 2000s, and even then it was typically because it was the only copy available and not being sold new anymore.

Pirated copy: a digital copy no one paid for
Used copy: a copy someone already paid the developer for

gamestop thanks for your patronage

He's right you know

Also test post

People who buy used games also buy new games. People who pirate games never buy anything.

>he teaches children on Cred Forums economy in his free time
Sad existence you livin bud

>Pirated copy: a digital copy no one paid for
the game was bought at some point

>Scenario 1: Someone buys a game and then tires of it and sells it used to someone
>Result: Publisher makes money for 1 sale
>Scenario 2: Someone buys a game and then tires of it and tries to sell it but noone buys the used copy and pirates it instead
>Result: Publisher makes money for 1 sale

Buying used games doesn't cause companies to invest in shit like Denuvo

>I suddenly give a shit about the economy and my contribution hurr durr what a noble quest

I haven't bought a game new since Dark Souls II, since then I've brought probably 50 used games and pirated a bunch more

Yea I do, my freedom of speech

Not really.
1 legit copy is bought -> get cracked -> it's copied through the internet million of times
1 legit copy is bought -> said copy is sold second hand ONE TIME.

Remember when Microsoft advertised that you couldn't share used games on the Xbox One

yea of course you dont

It doesn't, you're right. It encourages practices like multiplayer-activation codes to prevent resales and pre-order DLC locked in the disc

Im hungry but my house is full of strangers i dont want to interact with

What do I do guys? Im so hungry

>2016
>people unironically get mad over other anons pirating

I would if I could. I'd also pirate a car.

I hope you get banned again

>said copy is sold second hand ONE TIME.
>returned to another store
>sold again
>returned to a store
>sold again
yea ok

>complains about video game piracy
>read manga for free online

Someone could crack a game and it could be downloaded once.

Someone could resell a game to someone else that could resell it again an infinite number of times

Last time I bought a used game was in like the mid 2000s, I picked up a copy of Metroid Fusion and it turned out it froze every time you tried to save.

Fuck used games. Devs ain't seeing the money from it anyways.

How are you pirating PS4 and Xbox One games?

I did. Stay mad

Back the fuck off!?!?

Both scenarios will never happen and you know it.

but there are no physical copies of Shigurui in english that I can buy
who gives a shit I pirate video games like my life depends on it

That's like saying lending a game to a friend is piracy. It's a grey area, since software is so stupid when it comes to legal ownership.

I don't think he's trying to be noble, but rather he's aware being part of society means you need to contribute to be of any value.

it fuels the economy, not the industry.
it all goes to gamestop, or the ebay seller.

A person who pirates a game has a reason to buy it later, because they don't really own it yet.

A person who buys it pre-owned will hardly ever buy it again later, because they would gain nothing out of it.

Why would you buy one in the first place? Right now the PS4 only has Bloodborne (and soon Nioh) that are worth giving a shit about. Everything on Xbone is also on Windows 10 if you care about it. Right now both are just expensive paperweights unless you also really need a bluray player I guess.

Mostly I play on PC. You could say I pirate PS4 games when I play my friends copy though

>Dev makes a crap game
>publisher blows more money on advertising than developer's making the game
>actively lies about the content of the game
>runs the game on PC's when its advertised for consoles
>pays off reviewers to give it good reviews
>hires shills to shill for the game
>hires writers to write fake reviews about the game
>writes scripted bots to skew metacritic views
>game has pre-order DLC, day one DLC and a bunch of other cut content not on the game originally
and even after all their lies and bullshit
>they still expect you to pay 60 dollars for the shit then complain that piracy is forcing them to make bad games or its somehow not their fault

>Bloodborne and a Bloodborne wannabe

No thanks.

>Giving money to Gamestop

Most game sales come from PS4 and Xbox One so clearly more people care about those than they do about PC.

>umm piracy is bad because I'm doing my due diligence by contributing to the GDP

>Complains about Berserk going into hiatus again and again and again
>Complains about the path Berserk's plot took
>He never bought a single tankoubon or even a fig
>Miura never received a single cent from him.

Exactly my point. Hell by this point even the PS3 had at least three games.

Piracy is everywhere. Most of the videos on Youtube use some kind of licensed content without permission. So are many images circulating on the internet.

Any money I give to him would be spent on IdolMaster DLC

I'm single-handedly saving the games industry by denying him

DMCA abuse is extremely rampant despite there being a penalty of perjury clause for knowingly submitting false DMCA complaints

and yet companies write bots to automatically scan your video and if ANYTHING trips its sensor its gonna censor your video and shit

I wish content creators would just have direct ways of giving them money

I have read berserk online, i dont want to buy a bunch of volumes, i would however give the creator some money if he had a donate button on a website

>Cred Forums genuinely believes the Idolmaster meme
You guys are truly stupid.

>I don't care about the economy

Anyone that actually makes money should care about the fucking economy. Only neet fags who have never worked a day in their life wouldn't care.

>you should care because I said so and if you don't, you're a bad person.

>welcome to the family son

Your image reminds me of a Machamp desu.

>coming to Cred Forums to take jokes seriously
I pirate shit because fuck you lighten up

>welcome to the meme, son

I'm not giving money to devs who lie about their game and make stupid bullshit.

Fuck off with your black and white morality complex that you HAVE to support the devs because of the economy when you damn well know your actual contribution is non-existent.

The equity in your car and house contributes more

>be me
>see disgusting and immature behavior of PC gamers and especially PCMRetards
>don't want to suppport platform with such a shitty, immature and hypocritical audience
>literally stopped buying games on PC
>havent bought a game on PC for like 2 years
>pirate and play everything on PC though because I want to play the best version
>buy console version instead so I have a legal copy and devs get my money

>I don't play on a platform because of one secular, extreme group of people.

this is bait

>there are people in this thread that think big businesses pay their due taxes
loud kek

It's not about being a bad person.
It's about economy being a part of everyone's lives.
Where the economy goes defines how much you're going to earn for your work / economical activity; how much do you have to spend on things from basic necessities like food to luxury items like videogames; how much you have to pay in taxes; how you have to plan your spending; which politicians you should vote; etcetera.

>messing up the filename
you had one job, user.

They do.

>inb4 some erroneous article about how GE paid no taxes or some dumb shit that has no bearing on how the taxes actually work

>It's about economy being a part of everyone's lives.
See this is where you're shoe horning your political and moral complex onto me by saying I MUST contribute and my piracy is somehow draining the economy in some significant way when its not at all

By your allegory, me NOT buying something is actively harming the economy

They do.
That's the one thing they can't evade.

I know, user, you're some NEET living in your parent's basement and have no benefit to society.

>my projection is in fallible

Your piracy isn't draining the economy.
Your leeching of welfare systems when you're a normal, able to work adult man is.

I'm sure society will thank you one day.

>you're not draining
>you're leeching

synonymous user, you can sugar coat your moral compass as hard as you want, not buying something is not harming the economy

>i-if i claim they're projecting, they won't notice my neetness

No one makes you give money to bad devs. But if they are so bad why are you pirating their games?

>ur [insert meme here] because you didn't agree with me

fuck off loser go project your bullshit onto someone else

I don't expect an asspat for doing what's expected.

Because they aren't entitled to my money if they're going to bullshit their way through shit. If I couldn't pirate to find out if their game is crap or not then I wouldn't buy or play the game anyway

They're extremely against my consumer rights, my consumer knowledge and anything they can do to swindle me is a dishonest anti-consumer basis

fuck off monkey, this society is unfixable shit and should die.

>tfw all consoles hacked
>making mad money selling all my games

>complains about piracy
>it affects him in no way whatsoever
explain

>i sure showed him :DDDD

Go shit yourself, you waste of space.

b-b-b-but user if you don't give devs your money, you're actively harming the economy

Sure you don't.

You aren't paying for the games.
You're no consumer; you have no rights.

They're mad that they dropped 60 dollars on a shit game and when they tried to return it to gamestop he only got like 9 bucks for it

>Its the "if you don't buy it, you're harming the economy" ploy again

With invalids like you, it's going that way.

Pepe packs a punch!

Wew lad. I can already tell you don't work or do anything productive.

How's those monthly showers treating you?

Yes, and the extra foot-fall in these stores incourages more sales which gives game shops and the industry more money.
Game shops having more money is helpful to the industry too. It allows publishers to get more money out of those shops for exclusivity rights and such. What goes around, always comes around.

>you have no right to speak up to devs and their anti-consumerist policies and ploys
>please goyim buy my product I totally didn't lie about

You should probably live in China if you value society that much.

>be poorfag
>don't buy game
>developer isn't harmed

>pirate game
>developer isn't harmed because i couldn't buy the game in the first place

You should probably live in North Korea and make yourself useful for once. I'm sure Kimmy would love your ass in a labor camp.

people become extremely patriotic in bullshit to shoe horn an agenda

>le tips fedora xdddd
you are both retards but you are probably bigger than him, triggered dork.

he's fast!
At this rate...

If you're paying for the internet you used to torrent the game you're also fueling the economy.

You're as retarded as both those retards for replying in the first place.

Did Pepe evolve again?

>have enough money to buy game
>pirate game
>I now have more money
All there is to it. Don't tell me you pay for music and movies as well

>Pirates game
>thinks he's entitled to discuss the quality of video games on an anime forum

so you are too.

Nah, just stating the fact that you ain't worth shit no matter how much you pretend that you are worth something to society.
Look at how defensive gets when somebody tries to shatter his reality.

That doesn't make any sense.

He's a edgy nazi meme for normies now

>giving serious replies to the fucking frogposters

why

>doesn't contribute to the video game industry
>thinks his opinions about the video game industry matter
Every post by a Piratefag should come with a disclaimer: "I didn't really buy the game so ignore my post"

Most I'll agree with them on is society only cares about you if you're of use to it. If you have no practical skills to be put to use, nobody gives a shit about you.

Remember when memes becameverboten when just reddit got their hands on them? Let alone facebook and the media.

What happened?

I've never known a single human being who didn't have at least one practical skill in anything.
Even neets are highly proficient in at least software and hardware.

But even if they did put those skills to practical use it wouldn't change a thing, since there are already millions of others with more proficiency and experience to take their place in this society.

Maybe back in the middle ages an individuals skill was still worth something, but nowadays it's just laughable to think your worth is substantial, unless you were born a real prodigy with the skills to change something.

this, fucking hypocrites.

One is morally grey and illegal, the other is morally and legally fine.

Shit bait. You don't have to monetarily fuel a business to be able to provide accurate insight on their product.

>You borrowed that book/DVD/game from a friend, so you aren't able to gauge if it's good or not
This is how dumb you'd sound if you weren't just baitposting

I don't buy used games because they're often in fucking disgusting condition or there's a reason that they were traded in. I remember the Lego Star Wars I received used would always freeze at a certain part in a factory.

I don't pirate simply because I don't want to.

I don't complain about piracy, if a game is cheap and just so happens to be used, then I'll buy it if I want to.

>Pirates have no right to criticize

Oh yeah? Try and stop me?

>mfw I get shafted by DRM because piratefags won't stop being assholes

I dislike piracy because it gives devs a legitimate reason to make their games a pain in the ass to play.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9uhYm8nLdb0

You get shafted because they want control over the products you buy.

>My money is still fueling the economy

So fucking what?

Do you think pirates just refuse to spend their money?

They fuel the economy by spending that money on food or waifupillows what the fuck ever.

A used purchase and a pirated copy fuel the gaming industry the exact same amount, not at all.

>complains about piracy
>emulates games old games

>buys used games
People still do this?

Who? Who complains?

What would it feel like to get punched in the face by a human sized frog?

Actually buying used does fuel the game industry.

>someone sells used copy
>uses money to buy new copy of next game

With piracy

>guy sells used copy of game, but it fetches for much less money due to pirates saturating the market
>can't afford to buy as many new games.

>>emulates games old games
what did he mean by this?

If you buy a used game you are literally a cuck, who submit to using discarded scraps. I'm sure this will reverberate among the Cred Forumsirgin population.

dumb anti frogposter

Apples are living, self replicating fruit, that wants to produce as many offspring. On top of this, the offspring are different from the original.

Games aren't self replicating, and copies aren't the same as offspring.

A better analogy is someone takes your DNA, clones you, then uses your clones however they want without your permission. Maybe they post naked pictures of your clones on the Internet, or record videos of mutilation and raping your clones, or maybe the clones go out and impersonate you and say/do shit that's embarrassing.

>le food analogy

Since when any of you fuckers cared about game devs?

>Apples
>Actively wanting something
off to /sci/ for a bit, educate yourself, fool.

are you fucking retarded?

Dumb frog poster.

Someone has to support the pirate industry or else pirates will stop buying games and uploading them.

Explain how an apple doesn't want to reproduce.

Did this with Dark Souls 3 for $40, it still had the soundtrack and all for $20 less

Are you? Can't even understand basic economics.

I think you're getting off topic here. Its a statement about the actions of man and the morality tied to it. The object used in the analogy is inconsequential, they're both in demand paid for products.

You're a shit troll. Now a days you have to he good at logic to shit post, sadly.

>has no brain
>Yet still ability to desire or to want something

What are you even rambling about now? Are you saying I'm the troll or the guy making the apple analogy was a troll?

>computer has no brain
>people still refer to the computer "wanting" to do things

Maybe you need more English classes, and less science classes. Not everything is literal.

I'm saying apples being reproductive has nothing to do with the analogy at hand. They are both paid for products that can be reproduced. The manner of their reproduction matters not. You're either a troll or willfully dumb.

>moving the goalposts
yet you have the audacity to insult others....heh

He planted apples in the ground and they reproduced on their own. It's clearly a huge part of the analogy. That's not the same at all with videogames.

Didn't move goal posts, I showed you that "wanting" doesn't require a brain by using a commonly heard usage of the word. Too bad you have assburgers, and can't infer the meaning behind a post.

Again, I don't see what that has to do with the way folk respond and the econmic fixations attached to both the products. it's not like video games actively want to not be copied either. Starting a new Apple orchard will hurt other apple producers in the area. Your point is moot.

>Ad hominems when the argument is lost
You sure told me

>can't even stay on topic

It's ok user, you can stop posting now if you're tired. Maybe next time you'll do better.

>complain about video game piracy
>currently downloading 6 movies and 4 TV shows