What kind of protagonist do you want in the next Fire Emblem game?

What kind of protagonist do you want in the next Fire Emblem game?

Special snowflake done right or something new?

No self insert garbage.

As long as its fuckable

Bioware-esque hero with the story changing depending on the choices you make.

Right.

Fat chance.

IS stated that Avatar characters are a series staple now.

I want a cute futa that struggles to hide her secret from everyone else.

Just go back to the Chrom & Robin dynamic.

MC who does all the story important stuff and makes broad strategic decisions, and also he has a tactician-avatar who makes tactical decisions and spends their money.

Why doesn't Corrin wear shoes?

If you give me an avatar character, then actually give me a half-decent character creator.

He (female) can feel the vibrations in the ground to determine the location and movements of organisms in the surrounding area.

Shoes are for puny humans.

Basically this, minus the whole stealing the spotlight in the 3rd act part.

Some literal hobo who walks into a war and wins it.

Not a prince or a lord but a pleb who builds a revolutionary army

Robin was actually pretty cool despite all the flack he gets for enabling self-insert marriage.
Like his job was to be the tactician and Chrom's job was to be the leader. That worked. The story was focused on Chrom for a solid 2/3rds of the story.

Meanwhile Kamui doesn't really have a set role other than being a key person both nations want. She's everything rolled into one, despite the fact that her brothers would make better leaders and tacticians. Well maybe not Takumi but still. Leon is a better strategist, so how come Kamui is doing it? The story is focused 100 percent on Kamui.

Also the customization for Robins were good but sucked shit for Kamui.

Robin pretty much only rises to the spotlight in the 11th hour and pretty much plays a passive deuteragonist the entire time up till the third act.

Even then, he still mostly plays his role as Chrom's tactician and the game quickly turns back to Chrom for the "Awakening" part(e.g. powering up his sword into its Exalted form). And then obviously the endgame paralogues mostly require Chrom's involvement(recruiting Emmeryn and Gangrel, dueling Walhart one last time, etc.).

It's not really that unusual compared to other entries in the series where endgame developments also had some considerable involvement from the mysterious companion character, FE4 and 10 most obviously.

Someone who starts out not all that important, A cog in the machine who steadily becomes important as he rises through the ranks with hard work and successful missions under his or her belt.

I want them to go back to being a random tactician who follows around the main characters

Could he (female) also feel the vibrations... in me?

Because they designed the characters abilties first and then the actual character.

Fire emblem is one exception when it comes to being on mobile, I just can't imagine what it would lose.

Also they can develop the bigger budget ones for nx like they use to do with gba/gamecube and ds/wii

the tactician role suits the story/gameplay the best

I'd like the MC to just be some random mercenary/amateur mage who rises to the occasion rather than a prophesied special snowflake, but there's basically no chance of that happening

Not a mercenary who's the kid of some super special general and becomes heir to a legendary sword. Not a random kid in a village that's actually the kid of a king.

I want a fucking farmboy like Donnel starting a populist uprising against an evil emperor. No super special blood or god powers or whatever, just a bunch of guys with farming tools and amateurishly made weaponry wrecking and scavenging shit.

Doesn't matter, the Avatar is its own fully developed character anyway. The only difference between Robin/Corrin and, say, Ike or Ephraim, is that you can change their appearance. So as long as they write a good character, it doesn't matter if you can customize them. But this is FE, so low chance. (I'm including older FEs in this as well.)

the three biggest things i want out of fire emblem

1. self insert character
2. kids
3. re-classing

Unfortunately for all you people saying rank and file/random guy, that's probably never going to happen. This is a japanese franchise remember? They fucking hate that while masturbate furiously to being the chosen one by destiny and that kind of stuff.

self insert tactician hanging with lord(s) worked twice, they could just keep doing that

Either make the plot about something unrelated to the characters - they are just out to stop the big bad whatever, as opposed to being the legendary warrior to do so - or as mentioned use the Chrom/Robin dynamic, where there is an established main character and the special snowflake is their unnamed tactician who stops everything on the battlefield.

Designing a character with all the options available, including Taguel/Manaket/whatever Fates had would be nice, but it would just result in some fairly silly situations if their family line is somehow part of the story.

Literally me.

I'd like to see the Chrom/Robin dynamic sans the dragon god incarnation stuff at the end of the story, with FE12's character creation system (no special class for the MC, you get to choose from all of the basic classes at the start)

>Kamui
Weeb, pls.

I would love it if had a territorial conquest mode or something similar. What I liked about awakening was that you unlocked areas with visible connections. It felt more satisfying than the traditional point-of-interest battleground to move the story forward.

Kris wasn't a tactician. S/he was Marth's marriage destroying bodyguard.
Don't forget maps. When you finish one level you should just go onto the next one.

Remove casual mode and phoenix mode too.

Make Normal Hard and Hard Lunatic too.

Also, this one is just me, but having the game autosave when a unit gets into a fight where they'll die would be good.

The game can have an avatar character but at least make it like Mark where you have no real impact on the story but you are there to strategy. It can even be a unit who is friends with the protagonist just don't revolve the story around them.

Also they should remove the "everyone supports" bullshit although they won't. The supports became so much more shallow

>no prior training or quality weapons
>fighting against actual Knights in armor with assumedly years of training
Maybe if you want a four chapter game that always ends with the rebellion being crushed.

>1. self insert character

The main lords in the games with no character creation are pretty much all self-insert characters.

Are Robin/Corrin self-inserts though? I mean there is customization, but that has zero impact on anything. There is marriages, but that has zero impact on anything. No choice you make has any impact on the game, such as Lucina asking if she can kill you.
To my understanding, a self insert is like a blank slate that the player can easily relate to and pretend it's them playing.
But Robin has a personality. Corrin has a personality, even though it's extremely shitty. No matter what I do, Corrin will always be bitching that he thinks he picked the wrong side in Conquest. Doesn't that mean they're not self inserts?
I mean, again you could go back to customization but I'm willing to bet you cannot make Robin/Corrin look like you, especially not Corrin with those options.

>especially not Corrin with those options.

God, I don't know how they managed it but Male Corrin looks so fugly especially the tall variant. Almost every hair color option looks shit because his skin looks so dirty.

Kamui is a much better name than Corrin.
I also played the nip version of Fates so his name is ingrained as Kamui and Aqua as Aqua, Marx as Marx, ect.

Really I swear they put all their effort into female Corrin because Jesus fucking Christ look at her.

Like I never see people change her that much for Streetpass. Maybe hair color and that's it.

How about neither, and instead we get another protag like Ike/Hector/Ephraim/someone who actually has some willpower and affects the goddamn story personally instead of just shuffling off wherever the plot demands. Jesus fucking christ Corrin, you were terrible in Birthright but how could you manage to get even worse in Conquest?

this
They're ALWAYS ridicolously OP when they're usable in battle. Mark in FE7 was fine becaus he was just a plot device.

Won't happen though because the Nu_fe audience like their anime ooriginal characters

So you're a weeb AND a commie?

I want one as good as Ike. I want one that delivers lines as good as these.
>Ike: So that's how it's going to be, huh? Then we will fight...and we will save our people. Make your peace with whatever the gods worship. Your end is near.

>Ashera: My end is near?

>Ike: In every battle that mattered in my life, I've always been the one left standing, no matter how slim my chances. This battle means more than any of the others, because it's for the life of every person that I've ever cared about. I will win this fight.

One feels more engaged with a story when it is a story about you and how great you are.

Oh and this one
>I don't need encouragement. I'd fight to the end no matter what. Ashera, you can't stop me. It doesn't matter if you're a goddess. It doesn't matter if I have no way to win. Fighting defines me, and I will not lose.

not necessarily

some find it to be a huge turn-off in terms of storytelling

That's a lot of words for "you'll get no sympathy from me" and "I fight for my friends"

>some find it to be a huge turn-off in terms of storytelling
>SOME

just don't give the literally you character any special weapons again it's counterproductive to the whole customizable aspect of them. maybe give them some dialogue choices

>no power mc wrecking shit
Worse than LE GOD POWER MC

Another set of twincest protagonists with branching paths. Embrace the awkward nature of royalty.

And no time traveling children. If you want to have another generation have a straight up time skip. Age up the first gen characters out of the safety of their sexy teens and 20s into a bunch of grizzled and/or dignified 40-60 year olds running a kingdom.

I say some because evidently some people (not me) actually liked Fates' story, bizarre as that is

I just really hate how Corrin gets treated like he does no wrong, and stern characters like Ryoma and Xander just go out of character and say "you did no wrong, we're behind you all the way!", it just makes Corrins idiocy seem like it doesn't need teaching otherwise, and he doesn't grow from that as a character or learn to control his conflictions better. He's just kept in this safe bubble

Anyone with a brain.

user you are not the sole person on the planet with an opinion. Nips dig that shit. Guess who these games get made for?

Make the character more like Robin. Robin was just a side character throughout the majority of the story and was nothing more than a simple tactician until shit started getting real near the end. Robin and Chrom's relationship felt like bros for life and I liked that.

Corrin ended up being the big boy prince of both sides and was a total bitch of a main character. That faggot didn't have the balls Chrom and Robin had. The female Corrin option actually makes more sense for the story in Fates, sheltered princess who doesn't understand how the world works etc.

Fates may have had better gameplay, but Awakening was way more memorable for me in the end just because of its characters.

hate to break it to you but you're in the minority on this one

>about you
>le generic shounen looking faggot/uguu loli
c'mon guy

I can't get over how retarded Fates is.

Choose between
>GRORIOUS AND PEACEFUR DINDUNUFFIN NIHON
or
>MORDOR
I'm enjoying the gameplay, but the extremely shitty execution to what was a very interesting premise brings the game as a whole down.

The irony being
KILL EVERYONE
>MORDOR
I hope we can talk this out!

I know it's stupid, but I love how this kind of design accentuates thighs and ass.

GOMENASAI GOMENASAI GOMENASAI

Do you even Dark Lord faget

Right.

but he sounds cool
this is good too

Not really. Most of the good ones (like Ike and Sigurd) are nothing like self-insert characters.

I want old/punished hero from the last game. Is that too much to ask? Even Ike got two games.

Honestly, this is what I'd prefer. You are "the tactician", which is basically a way of stating that you control everyone without being a character in the game. The main characters are the ones tied to the story, so you don't need to account for extra characters or somehow build a meaningful dialogue between every single character and a random blank slate.

Then again, the self-insert OCs are popular, much how marrying and child units are popular, even though they have part of a good idea but the current implementation just fucks it up.

You got any of Camilla? She has the same ass window design, but doesn't have that much fanart in comparison.

more cute feet girls

Yes.

Proper story character and one who isn't royalty or the chosen one.

I know it's fat chance we'll get it, but a man can dream. Right now I'll just settle for no time travel shenanigans to have child units. I'm not opposed to the child units being in the game, just opposed to the moronic excuses. Just go "20 years later" and that's it.

Fuck you and your faggoty shit taste.

You actually expected Nips to NOT make their Not-Japan nation the "only OK" nation with how xenophobic they are?

Awakening had the potential for a follow up, it'd be interesting to see how the shepards and everyone else got through the world without robin

But that's literally every Fire Emblem game. Your army runs on good intentions and is the squeaky clean peak of morality where every righteous action always wins and is always right and never in the wrong.

I think Robin was fine. She wasn't the only main character, she was one of three, and the whole plot didn't revolve around her until near the end, and even then Chrom was just as important.

>You actually expected Nips to NOT make their Not-Japan nation the "only OK" nation with how xenophobic they are?

No, worse. I expected them to make a non-retarded story.

Fug

The plot becomes completely about Robin if you play female Robin and marry Chrome, though. It;s also the best Lucina assassination attempt scene.

>Proper story character and one who isn't royalty or the chosen one
Why are these less favorable choices, assuming equivalent writing, to an average joe MC?

>path of radiance
>Ike realizes that he's fucking over a lot of innocent daein people and his army's move is causing a fuckton of collateral damage
>the daein people resent the crimean army
>3 years later, daein is completely fucked because of how crimea won the war with begnion's help

Yeah, that's what I did. Honestly, I think female Robin married to Chrom is the best version of the story, with second best being male Robin married to Lucina.
Lucina and Morgan make best siblings.

>Went into fates despising Camilla and her obvious design and personality choices
>She's actually a somewhat mature and classy lady besides her little sister/brother complex

I'm fine with the avatar being the lord like Corn, but making them the mamkute character too is overkill.

Because they love the feel of rocks puncturing their bare, smelly soles

Ok, allow me to articulate;

>Proper story character
By this I mean a character who isn't just a blank slate that woke up in a field with a bad case of amnesia. I want him to be part of the world, have a past, have a best friend, maybe a girl he's crushing on/has a crush on him back home. Yes, home, where maybe he also has a brother/sister alongside one parental unit or both.

>one who isn't royalty or the chosen one
Exactly what it says on the tin. Not one prophecy-aided motherfucker or a prince with an entire unit of retainers that somehow also know how to fight.

So, in closing they're not. if anything the Average Joe MC fits pretty well with my criteria just as long as he isn't a self-insert

I'd like to keep the avatar system but with less unique stuff like personal weapons/classes. Starting as one of the beast races would be cool too, since we got to be a dragon in this latest game.

They need to stop with the self insert mindset because it's clearly not working in any sense of quality. They're working with all the restrictions that comes with a self insert protagonist but aren't adding in anything beneficial to a self insert besides being able to support and marry everybody which only comes with the whole quantity over quality problem. Just make the MC their own character so character development can be allowed to exist for them and they don't have to write some retardedly convoluted history to explain why they could potentially look so different from their family thanks to appearance customization existing.

>>Proper story character
I can agree with everything under this. A character's life should've already begun once the game begins.
>Not one prophecy-aided motherfucker or a prince with an entire unit of retainers that somehow also know how to fight.
Still a bit confused: Are these grievances directed towards an MC that isn't Corrin? If anything, a prince with knights/retainers that know how to fight seems like a logical start point, in terms of both story and gameplay. Conversely, an average joe MC would need something special about them so they don't become sidelined once royalty or trained leaders start to show up.

Great mc design, garbage story. At least there'll be an amiibo so there may be support for the character in future titles like the character and classes.
It actually hurts that its the male corrin over female corrin.

And even then her complex is pretty justifiable given that she lived through game of thrones levels of backstabs as a kid with like 97 other royal kids.

I want avatarfags to fuck off. It was shit and forced in FE12, it was shit and forced in FE13, and it was legendarily bad in FE14.
>mfw it will now be a series staple and will only get worse because the majority of the fanbase are retard weeaboos who want to marry their le waifu

>We didn't get 12
>The problems with 13 doesn't have anything to do with the avatar character
>The problems with 14 doesn't have anything to do with the avatar character
Why so mad?

I heard a rumor that the reason why the story in Fates was so shitty is because they hired an external writer, said writer finished, and then ISIS tossed like 90 percent of it and rewrote it from there.
Is there any truth to that? I don't think I'll ever not feel burned because I was so excited for the story and it turned out to be a piece of shit but I can take comfort in knowing how it got that fucked.

Yeah, basically.
They kept the basic idea of the two families and three routes and got rid of the rest.
For example, Hinoka wasn't in the original draft, with Corn taking that spot in the family. Corn was actually blood-related to the Hoshidos at that point, but they got rid of that so you could marry them.

Nu-style internet critics seek out a single scape goat to blame everything on.

rejected youtube critic

Another cute one.

I want a footjob from both.

We still didn't get those last 2 dlc's did we?, does anyone think there'll be more.

I want the main character to be super garbage at first but eventually be major baller

Sounds like Roy is your boy.

This is completely false though and Ike is a perfect example of why it's false.

You mean it sounds like Roy is definitely not his boy.

>super garbage at first
>becomes major baller at very, very end of the game
Roy is definitely his boy.

Roy is only super garbage after you complete the Western Isles segment, early game he's mediocre at combat same as all your other units apart from Dieck and Marcus until they get started. Plus his Rapier is one of the most accurate way of dealing damage to knights on thrones until you get Lugh

The avatar is done well in tacthack

Just give me another Ike. Just a level headed guy who knows he's not good at everything and doesn't have the answer for everything and asks his advisors what to do and then makes a decision based on that. That's what makes a good leader.

More MU, more waifus, I don't care about your fucking strategy game its my waifu sim now.