How could they release something THIS brand-damaging?

How could they release something THIS brand-damaging?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ETadm-a3HV8
nintendoenthusiast.com/news/nintendo-we-thought-fans-would-be-happy-with-animal-crossing-amiibo-festival/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

AMIIBO

animal crossing has always been light and casual games so this isn't really "brand damaging"

this game is complete horseshit though, and probably the worst thing Nintendo has ever made in recent years

They thought it would be cute
Seriously, they made it just to have cute Animal Crossing amiibo
They literally made a game just to have amiibo exist

i still don't really understand what amiibo festival is
what makes it so terrible? is it just shitty nu-age mario party with animal crossing characters and amiibo shit forced into it?

There are no minigames
You have to tap the amiibo on the gamepad just to roll the dice every time

...what
but that's the whole point of mario party/MP-likes

Minigames are not """"comfy"""" enough for AC.

This it's Mario Party but gutted all the things that made it good.

It's a board game with no minigames where each space is an event that makes you happy/sad/win money/lose money
You tap your amiibo to roll each turn and get a card stamped for more happiness points
Whoever is happiest at the end wins
Minigames are separate modes
They're barebones as fuck and they're not even all multiplayer

>brand damaging

this isn't brand damaging, underage b&. quit using words you don't understand. Sure it's crappy but who cares, we know the next mainline will be killer.

brand damaging would be like...pic related

educate yourself, son.

>Make all those assets
>Just slap together some shitty board game that just kills more good will
bravo nintendo

It's what Nintendo does best.

I have friends coming over next week should I buy this and play it with them?

It only comes with two amiibo, you'd need to buy two more in order to have 4 players

it's a board game where the player pieces are 12 dollars each

youtube.com/watch?v=ETadm-a3HV8
Watch this and consider if you guys will be having fun

so it's basically an exaggeration of all mario parties after 4?

>should I buy this
You have to also get four Animal Crossing amiibo so you can all play.

Amino festival would probably be really comfy if it was $10 and didn't require amiibo

Or was a real boardgame.

It'd only be enjoyable if you were bashing it or poking fun at how bad it is.
Oh who am I kidding, it'd still be boring

>This time around, there’s obviously this new thing called Amiibo. The development team for Animal Crossing, we just really wanted Animal Crossing Amiibos. We thought it would be cute. We thought fans would be happy. In the past, Animal Crossing has only been Animal Crossing, but we thought that with the addition of Amiibo — how could we make an Animal Crossing game that would be fun by adding Amiibo features? What resulted was Happy Home Designer on 3DS and Amiibo Festival on the Wii U.
nintendoenthusiast.com/news/nintendo-we-thought-fans-would-be-happy-with-animal-crossing-amiibo-festival/

>I still thought Sonic has been a good brand in the past 2 decades
son.

Except you get the player pieces and like five games with the actual game itself for $40 I think it was which means the game itself is only like $20 in the end.

>We thought fans would be happy.
Such tone deafness

>and like five games with the actual game itself
and none of it makes the game worth $20

Can you not use the amiibo cards with the main game?

Game only comes with two amiibo, Isabelle and Digby

Not as player pieces, the cards have a different function

Not even Smash Villager works as a player piece

>Nintendo
>brand-damaging
>spin-off

Nintendo knows no retarded spin-off can hurt a franchise.
This is more damaging to Nintendo than Animal Crossing because we expect good spin-offs from Nintendo

Not true, you can play as Villagers but you need an amiibo to even start the game, there is no Press Start.

>played the game for three years out of habit, got all the waifu villagers I wanted, ready to just seal my character into a completely gold room like an egyptian tomb.
>I'm curious what my shitty amiibos will put in the game, so now I have to do mandatory check-ups on my village every few days.

Only the ones with playable characters.
The rest just allow them to move in on the board.

>Game only comes with two amiibo, Isabelle and Digby
Which you can play the entire game with. The other Amiibos are literally a skin.

Don't talk back to me, you little faggot.

>Nintendo knows no retarded spin-off can hurt a franchise.

If only.

O-oh...I haven't actually played the game myself

I only bought it for the two amiibo

And you can level them up for more!

That game was actually a decent Zelda clone

Not a true Starfox game though

They could've still recovered after that. Assault was a step in the right direction conceptually, if only it wasn't badly executed.

Do you have the rest of these?

>game is literally amiibo-locked

Holy fucking shit.

How did no one complain about this?

There's no way to acquire the game without also getting the pack-in amiibo

People didn't care about the game because from the get go they knew it was shit

>nobody bought the game
>poorly received by critics

>WHY ISN'T NINTENDO'S HEAD ON A FUCKING STAKE
>WHY ISN'T EVERYTHING TORTANIC
>YOU SAID THIS WOULD BE TORTANIC

>How did no one complain about this?

I think the game selling like shit and hitting the bargain bin within weeks was "complaint" enough

There's not much to complain about though since nobody was fucking scrambling to play this. I'm not sure what you want.

It's obvious from the get-go that Amiibo was a huge cash grab that could expand beyond one game. All you needed was just one amiibo that had multiple uses that expanded beyond one game and there you go.

Adding the fact they're collectable, limited editions, exclusive to one store/brand, etc.

It's a cash cow, and Nintendo knows it. They're smart enough to expand beyond the means of one game with amiibo and that's why it succeeds in its own way.

Are you planning to end the friendship? They say Mario Party does but people still play the older ones. Your friends might actually start to dislike you if you force amiibo festival on them.

If they wanted amiibos to work well with animal crossing, all they had to do was function like a special invite for that character to join your village. People wouldn't need to use them for the game, but if they wanted one of their favorites in their village without soft resetting over and over, just scan the amiibo or villager card and they move into town.

what the fuck are you talking about

If I had to guess, expanding beyond the means of one game.

There are minigames, they just aren't part of the board game

It sucked, but it's not like it killed mainline Animal Crossing.

That will be done by the mobiel game.

But that's literally what they do in New Leaf

remember it's the same team that worked on Splatoon. Tiny side projects were all they had time for while they were busy providing continual Splatoon support.

I would have bought it if it had online play.

I really want a new AC game. I really hope we get one as a launch title on the NX at least.

>amiibo festival
>didn't just make it an app type thing where you load an amiibo and the do shit on the screen and interact with each other

Is that what that update was about? I didn't pay much attention to it after it was announced.

Yes.

The island game seemed okay.

Right, didn't care much myself since I'd have to get one of those amiibo scanners for my standard 3DS XL. Still, it's not a bad idea for amiibo use with the series since it doesn't lock content, but removes some of the randomized nature for villager selection.

>That notice in the upper left corner

Just think of all the sales they'd have had from parents who'd buy that for their kids thinking it's a new game.