Is Wario, as a franchise, done for? Mario, Donkey Kong, even Yoshi have all had mainline entries this gen...

Is Wario, as a franchise, done for? Mario, Donkey Kong, even Yoshi have all had mainline entries this gen, but Wario's only gotten a measly spin-off.

No franchise at Nintendo is ever "done for". They feel mandatory to put out some franchise more frequently, but for other, they just wait to have a good concept before making a new one. Patience is the key.

don't wish for a game for the sole sake of having a sequel, or you get an Other M.

Seriously what the fuck, it's retarded. 3DS got every single Wario Land game besides VB and they still ignore the series.

A leaker yesterday talked about the new Wario game in development for NX. Wario's Wild West.

Apparently, you use Mario enemies as gang members and terrify a small western town.

If this is true, I would actually buy an nx, just for this game.

If they have made the land series available, it precisely means they don't ignore it.

why no VB games on the 3DS by the way? it's perfect for it to have this virtual console.

Yeah, say that to Custom Robo and Advance Wars fans

/thread

Fucking Luigi's Mansion got a sequel out of nowhere 12 years later.

The name of the series is actually "Nintendo wars" series. Except for Battalion War 1, all the Nintendo Wars bear the name of the console they come out on.

Even Battalion War II was abreviated as Bwii for the Wii.

Is that game any good?
I saw it for $2 at gamestop the other day.

>no VB games available on he 3DS
>No Four Sword available with the possibilty to play online
>No Bwii on the virtual console of the Wii U to play onlie either
It's like they actually don't want to make money...

Wario Land doesn't really do anything different that Mario, DK, Yoshi, and even Kirby don't already cover.

>Mario: Standard platforming that everyone can enjoy
>DK: Platforming that's a little more precise and less lenient than Mario; DK is strong, heavy, his weight adds to the game physics
>Yoshi: EGGS, EGGS, EGGS; Yoshi is lightweight, can eat enemies, continuously hover
>Kirby: Easy peasy, but not offensively so, Kirby can float and copy his enemies

It is, actually. I think Nintendo could have a huge hit on their hands if they just iron out the kinks.

It is good and one of the few Wii game for wich the use of the Wiimote feel justified.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Wario Land is a platformer that is more Puzzle oriented.

2D Metroid covers puzzle and exploration. Then again, when was the last time we got one of those amirite dohohohoho

Does Tri Force Heroes count?

>2D Metroid covers puzzle and exploration.
MEtroid is more a shooter than a platmformers.
It's Contra with Puzzles.

Wario IS a platmformer
It's Mario but with more Puzzles.

Triforce heroes is not four sword.

I am not saying to make a brand new Four Sword game , triforce heroes just covered that recently, indeed.

I am asking for the aalready existing game Zelda Four Sword itself to be available and playable online. Right now, Four Sword has only be available on the 3DS as a Club Nintendo reward and was not playable online.

And While the 3DS would be perfect to play Four Sword online, The Wii U would be perfect to play Four Sword Adventure online.

While I like the mini Marios games too, I'd wish for a return of the first "Mario Vs Donkey Kong" game.

Incidentally, it might have been the funniest voice work of Charles Martinet.

>Yeah, say that to Custom Robo
>don't wish for a game for the sole sake of having a sequel, or you get an Other M.
Do you know how to read?

Ambassadors got it.

Yeah, I know, that's how I discovered it. But I wish they'd made a new game with a similar mechanic: Mario having to go through the levels rescuing mini marios while having to lead a bunch of them from time to time.

Is four swirds different than adventures? I always thought it was just a port to GC

No, it"s a different game.

Four Sword is more of a prototype of Four Sword Adventure. FS is a side"mini-game" that came withthe GBA version of A Link to the Past to play in multi, for those who happens to have friends, who also happens to have bought ALTP for the GBA too, who also happens to have GBA connecting cables. And there is 3 of them. and they have those connectors that allow to connect more than just two GBA.

I saw a group of them once, but they were at least 7 years younger than me and 19 old me didn't dare to meddle with them to play the game. So I never playe Fur Sword because it's a multiplayer game only.

I have it, but i have never been able to play it since it FORCES you to do multiplayer even though its impossible

But thanks for the info, user

>TFW you'll never see Nintendo actually make use on their potential and make a good Wario & Waluigi game where you get to cause trouble for the Mario Bros.

Or anything of that nature. So much potential wasted Nintendo.

see

Its predecessor was leagues better, imo.

Isn't that the first one?

seems like the kind of thing a romhack could fix, I never got to play it either. FSA is playable alone, so why not this?

No, it's based on Donkey Kong for the gameboy.

Welp, I leanred something today, I thought GB DK was just a straightforward adaptation of the original arcade.

I haven't played mario vs DK, is it anything close to that masterpiece or no?

I haven't played Game boy Donkey Kong, but the GBA Mario Vs Donkey Kong is really fun.

Sounds like a pretty cool concept.

It's about half as good imo, which is still pretty good.

>I thought GB DK was just a straightforward adaptation of the original arcade.

No it's a full game with dozens of levels across multiple worlds. if you like Mario vs Donkey Kong you should definitely play it, it has the same moveset.

checking now to see if it's available on the eShop.

Done.

DK's face is like "what the fuck just happened"