youtube.com/watch?v=qO6LWQhvzRw&feature=youtu.be&t=19
youtube.com/watch?v=_HxsgFts9Q8
youtube.com/watch?v=_WPcqFEeqzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-GJ1d2X4ZFw
youtu.be/Z4hqUxb9MmY?t=77
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's not broken, it's just trial and error BS

>being this fucking shitty at JRPGs
Grind or get gud. Forneus isn't even that hard, just wait till you get to Matador and Dante.

>Recruit Shikigami and Pixie
>Spam Zio
>Heal when needed
Wow that was hard.

The point behind this boss is to teach you that resists and weaknesses are critically important. Exploiting his weakness and not letting him exploit yours makes him 500% easier.

Also group heals are great

stop playing on hard user, it's for machosists and people playing with a guide only (losers)

Seriously, stop playing, insta death doesn't require skill andthe 'negotiation' system is just as RNG as the safari zone. Why would you do this to yourself? Go do something with your friends.

>trial and error

I never understood this, do people not know you can switch party members mid battle? did you really have to die to every boss to counter their weakness? none of the bosses have difficult gimmicks until the halfway point and by that time the game has already shit 50 revival orbs into your inventory so it's not like there isn't massive room for error

Don't say that JRPG are not skill based. People get all mad.

>losing to fucking Forneus

I never said that, I said that the game OP and everyone else is talking about isn't.

>Forneus is hard
Literally stop playing faggot, you suck.

Hell people couldn't even play Titan quest correctly. The steam forums were filled with people that got killed at the first boss.

>phoneposters
>nge trash
You hit two red flags in one post

It's skill based in the sense that thinking is a skill and having more than one brain cell is more than enough skill to understand how resistances work

I chanfe every file name to image.jpg just to trigger people like you

Buff and debuff.

you're only making people not take you seriously by pretending to be retarded. Fitting the stereotype does not trigger me, it just proves me right.

>having trouble with fucking Foreneus

holy shit. Telling someone to "git gud" has never been more appropriate. I pity your soul when you get to Matador or god rest your soul,Daisoujou

>tfw youtube.com/watch?v=8CqE1ydsQNg

Bait thread.
No way someone can be so garbage at a turn based rpg

>dying to Forneus
You'll love Matador, Dante and Skele-priest

youtube.com/watch?v=qO6LWQhvzRw&feature=youtu.be&t=19

Why was Nocturne's OST so GOAT?

All SMT games have great OSTs.

youtube.com/watch?v=_HxsgFts9Q8
True senpai

I hate Ongyo-Ki and Mot.

My favorite
youtube.com/watch?v=_WPcqFEeqzQ

>0:43

Ongyo-Ki isn't that bad if you fight him on a full-moon. That way, the real one casts a shadow so you can keep track of who you should be attacking.

Mot though....well fuck, who thought that was a good idea. I hate moves like Beast Eye in general just because the AI WILL find way to just do shit over and over again.

youtube.com/watch?v=-GJ1d2X4ZFw
Postin best Battle theme

Ongyo-ki is easy if you fight during full moon

>implying Daisoujou is hard

I think you're the one who needs to git gud, kiddo.

yes

I never had a problem with Mot, I just kept spamming electric shit with Dante and another demon I had. I guess I got lucky he didn't bullshit me with infinite attacks.

>mfw all the vocals in Nocturne's OST were done with the default TTS program in OSX
youtu.be/Z4hqUxb9MmY?t=77

casual filter thread?

Mot's health is so low and you're so busted at that point that you can very easily kill him before he even gets a turn, especially if you shock him or fight with Dark Might

Just play Digital Devil Saga, it's a better game without nearly as much hassle to have the skills you want for your party.

ONE
MORE
GOD
REJECTED

>Digital Devil Saga
Hey lets make an smt game with only six demons lmao

he's right though, with the turn press system it is trail and error bullshit for most lower level bosses because the player is poorly equipped at that point so they die fast before they can switch out.

>Start battle
>Game is made in such a way that if you dont have the right demon with the right resistance you cant win
>This isn't trial and error

You could walk in to a blind battle and depending on your loadout you can either win easily or die immediately. Yes, the fact that you have to peek and see what the weakness is for your opponent makes it trial and error by definition

>He doesn't have demons that cover all weaknesses with him at all times
git
gud

>Engrish screaming over shitmetal
I hate the Nocturne OST so fucking much

Who cares unless you play SMT purley for the demon fusion. You still fight all the other demons and your party members can be way more useful than most of those demons would be anyway and are actual fucking characters.

Still trial and error, cuck.

You could walk in to a blind battle and Press Turn just fucks you on the first turn. Happens all the time.

Nocturne's OST is GOAT, it fits the game perfectly

The problem with Mot is hoping that he doesn't decide to abuse Beast Eye to buff his magic attack and curbstomp you.

How do you live your life with such shit taste?

>Start battle with your entire party weak to death
>Eat shit to a Manual
>wtf trial and error bullshit
Keeping your team with spread out weaknesses will prevent that kind of stuff from happening

Being able to reformat your team at any time is always the best.

>actual fucking characters
KEK go play persona kid

*Eat shit to Mamudo

>people are still meme-ing about how """difficult""" a single player jrpg is

Literal ear rape
It can fit the game all it wants, it's still shit

...that little anime girl has a gun...awesome...

BUT DOES IT FEATURE DANTE?

If youre going to bait about a scrubcheck boss at least post Matador

JRPGs can be skill based, its just that there's a lot of bullshit and RNG involved in some parts of this game.

>Being able to reformat your team at any time is always the best.

You can technically build any of the party members in any way you want, I could have Argilla learn phys/hunt shit if I wanted.

>kid

I always laugh when I see this, because I'm almost certainlly older than most people here.

What are you going to do about that?

Devil Survivor and Digital Devil Saga have better characters than anything in Persona.
Persona characters are too open about their lives and predictable.

>technically
So you mean not really.

>I'm older than the other boys you know...
Come on now.

i still don't get how nocturne has one path completely shit on the other one

(str vs ma)

Because Pierce is OP.

I've been trying to balance my character in Nocturne as I play it. Is Str or Ma better?

If you care about the characters as some defining feature then you're better off sticking to the overt friend simulator.

str has all the advantages

ma has none

Str is way better.

By the way, is Str actually viable in SMT IV Apocalypse? Because it was shit in SMT IV and I don't want to make a shitty character.

All right, I'll stop focusing on Ma and stick to the other stats. Thanks.

>vita has the best selling smt/persona game ever
>all other handheld smt/persona games go to 3ds

fuck this industry

I'm serious tho, who literally cares other than complete autists? You've got a fuckload of other, lesser SMT games that have the demon fusion shit.

>Persona fag tries SMT: the thread

Looks like the Dark Souls of Persona claims another casual.

Is Dante actually a part of the story in Nocturne or is he just some secret boss

Why don't we get more SMT games on console? Or PC?
Having such a badass series hindered by handheld limitations kinda sucks. Not that handhelds are bad, but it'd be cool to see a mainline SMT game with the same level of detail as P5. Ever since the PS2 era ended SMT has been largely a handheld series.

Persona 3 is actually pretty challenging early game if rush the dungeons all on the same day and just go straight to the boss rooms

Git gud

Part of the story.

Raidou > Dante

i think handhelds have been far better than home consoles ever since gba

better games, ideas, gameplay, superior format

shame vita failed

as for persona/smt handheld is the optimal format.