“I don’t think zombies would appear in such a world.” (Kojima)

>“I don’t think zombies would appear in such a world.” (Kojima).

Is there a JUST Kojima edit? What the fuck is this retard talking about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KM0CYOeOh1o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mg survive is clearly a shitty cash grab, but holy shit, kojima is a pathetic hack.

So when konami did a fuckload of shitty spin offs and mobile mgs games it was ok? Hope that both konami and kojima burn.

Is this the most slowpoke thread on Cred Forums?

Kojima needed to go.

So he wasn't even involved in MGSV:TPP then?

But Vampires are okay,

I don't even follow Kojima or play MGS but this "everything has to have muh zombies and muh gritty realism" attitude is killing videogames.

Both Konami and Kojima sucks
Ill still support KP as long as Yoji Shinkawa on board.

And nanomachine zombies.

Or parasite zombies.

Literally made by his LA studio before the name change (supposedly). He keeps claiming that he has no involvement, when it sounds like he was at least knowledgeable of it.

Yeah zombies are so dumb, let me show you these vocal chord parasites infectng peo...oh wait

Also ghosts.

And dinosaurs.

Zombies basically became the go-to humanoids to kill after the whole Mortal Kombat controversy. Congress was trying to censor different stories, while doing nothing about the ridiculous cost of videogames.

Konami said this game was in development last year in May-ish. He's full of shit.

And bipedal cows.

At least those things have a reason and could destroy zombies by the thousands because of how they came to be. Just zombies doesn't make sense, a world revolves around zombies not the other way.

>kojima drones still exist
I'm amazed.

What's the problem? Metal gear has always been unique and cool and very techy. Zombies are meant for a totally different world.

Because he used Zombies a lot?

Clearly because he needed a push to let go of MGS so he could work on something he actually wanted, instead of reluctantly coming back to MGS to avoid anyone fucking it up.

>H-HE JUST LIED

Konami shills are so desperate to defend this crappy cashgrab, I fucking love it.

It doesn't matter, what's going to happen is that everyone is laughing at the sad scam that MG Survive is, that it's going to flop, and Kojima is now working with a company that truly respects him.

Sorry Konami, but you fucked it up, and now MGS is another name you have to add to the list of your dead franchises.

Kojima is finally free of MGS, MGS will finally get the rest it deserves, and Konami's relevance in the videogame industry is gone.
Everything that could have gone right, went right.

No, he's never used zombies before.

They're not defending it loser, they're are calling out the stupid hack Kojima that you worship

>kojima is le hack meme

Do you have a single original thought in that head of yours?

Calling out on what?
Making a MGS specifically about zombies is a lazy and dumb as fuck idea, that much is true.

But he has used things that look and act like zombies

He has never made a game focused on them though.

Before they were just grunts for the boss fights.
Not an important part, just canon fodder.

Now MGS is a game about hunting zombies.
Dumb, and incoming bomb.

Read earlier posts. There are reports saying that this was started in may last year by his own team
Can you learn to argue thanks

>There are reports saying that this was started in may last year by his own team
Source on those reports?
Or is the source of this an user's asshole?
I bet it is.

>Can you learn to argue thanks

A reddit post if I ever saw one.

So he's a hypocrite then? Even if they weren't main focus, he has done them before and saying now that it "doesn't fit" is bullshit since he has done it

>IT'S NOT ZOMBIES, IT'S VOCAL CHORD PARASITE GUYZ

you are the reason kojima got a lot of worthless awards for the shitshow TPP was, better go buy his new merchandise!

He's never used zombies, name one thing.

also the main five games were pretty solid. the franchise will die before it jumps the shark.

>mistranslated out-of-context quote from some americuck website
kys yourself

What doesn't fit is focusing the game on them.

Nice retort fanboy. Keep blindy sucking Kojima dick

With all the, what seems to be, reused assets
I would honestly be surprised if this has been worked on since may. I could be wrong about the reused assets, doubt it.

And rightfully so.
And it's even better knowing that it's making all you virgins mad as fuck.

The parasite doesn't make people into zombies, it makes them sick and kills them. Sounds like you haven't even played the fucking game, not surprising though you retarded shitposting parrot.

Unless you're talking about the skulls, in which case they're nothing like zombies.

are they really 'just' zombies? they are like monsters with heads made of crystals

Kojima had nothing to do with Twitch Plays Pokemon you fucking retard.

>you are the reason kojima got a lot of worthless awards for the shitshow TPP was
Pic related, user right now.

Keep blindly spouting off your edgy opinions that leave no room for real discussion faggot. Kojima is off to a better company making a better game than MG survive, so what's there to be mad about?

Suck my dick you retarded shitposter, you have nothing of value to bring to a conversation. You just regurgitate memes and opinions that fit your view at the time.

Nope.

As someone who likes his games, EVERY FUCKING THING about the new Kojima Productions is wrong and this just reminds me of when Play died and a new Gamefan popped up.

>go outrageously over budget and constantly go over deadlines
>quit/bankrupt a entire division
>go to make new studio
>BUY MERCH OF OUR BRAND NEW STUDIO
>WATCH THIS TRAILER THAT WE SPENT A BUNCH OF MONEY ON...FOR OUR LOGO
>WATCH THIS GAME TRAILER WITH A CELEBRITY LEAD, WHICH HAS NO ENGINE, AND WON'T BE OUT FOR YEARS
>ZOMBIES IN MGS MAKE NO SENSE, BUT A FUCKING WORMHOLE IN IN 1984 DOES, AS DOES GIANT MECHS IN THE EARLY 70'S.

Kojima stopped doing good games after MGS3 when Fukushima died, I'll give ground zeroes as a hope for incredible things, but he blew it big time with tpp

>go outrageously over budget and constantly go over deadlines
Source on the amount of money he went over budget to be considered outrageous?
Source on which deadlines he passed from?

>quit/bankrupt a entire division
Which one?

>BUT A FUCKING WORMHOLE IN IN 1984 DOES
That wormhole is a fun weapon in MGS.
Just like the human slingshot in Peace Walker.

>AS DOES GIANT MECHS IN THE EARLY 70'S.
They are all based on the Shagohod.

They are just advanced tech, quite far fetched from ZOMBAYS.

>implying his new game won't be amazing

There's absolutely no reason to think otherwise, it was a teaser and that's all it was meant to be. Most big games do that, but ahhh Kojima did it so we need to all hate him.

> when Fukushima died
The fuck are you talking about, Fukushima is working as a programmer for SCE.

Not only you have no idea of what Fukushima did, since nobody does, and now you unironically believe the stories of how he was killed by the Yakuza.

Cred Forumseddit is painfully easy to manipulate.

and bdsm telekinectic mind readers

People that can run horizontally across walls and drink blood exist.
People that have actual psychic powers and can read your mind exist.
Ghosts are real.
REVENGE ghosts also real.
Giant robots the size of an oil tanker exist and you can fight them off.
NANOMACHINES.

But zombies? No way.

ive always found it weird how guts' legs are always drawn all skinny

you'd imagine that heaving a 200kg sword around would make your legs buff

I just want a third Metal Gear Acid

>There's absolutely no reason to think otherwise, it was a teaser and that's all it was meant to be
lmao just like tpp

>Is there a JUST Kojima edit?

Simply epic meme, Redditor! Why don't you go post about it on /r/Cred Forums instead of here?

All his games have over 90 on metacritic and are critically acclaimed. I know that shouldn't mean a ton by itself but most developers can't say that, even big series like halo or cod doesn't have that. The man brings new ideas and adds a lot of detail and hard work to his games, he's certainly one of the best if not the best in the business. I can't think of anyone with a good of a track record as him. Or any company.

>mfw all these neckbeards mad as fuck at their own impotence over everyone loving Kojima and everyone shitting on MG Survive
It's just so delicious how you are all legitimately angry at him.
You are all mad as fuck and I absolutely love it.

>puts in song "How about them zombies ey?" In TPP

>says this

Tip top kek

TPP is a great game. A completely different conversation though.

>no real details known about Death Stranding
>haven't even seen anything fucking gameplay or a legit story trailer
>all we've seen is a 2deep4u teaser
>"PLEASE BUY OUR TOYS"

If this was ANYONE ELSE, they would be endlessly mocked, but not Kojima.

>everyone in forums agreeing with Kojima
>the entire gaming community laughing at MG Survive
>those dislikes
>that TGS presentation where literally no one was clapping

Who's the JUST here?

>haven't even seen anything fucking gameplay or a legit story trailer

Truly this is out of the ordinary for teasers first announcement

That is a song Ludvig Forsell made years ago throughout career, along with a bunch of others, which he put in the game simply because they were his work.

I find the existence of Konami shills to be far more shocking.

Spot the good games on this list after MGS3

das rite, MGR wasn't even made by Kojima

no it isn't, Ground Zeroes is a way better Metal Gear than TPP, which is just PW Full HD
Ground zeroes actually felt like MGS1-3 days

Kojima could at least shed some more details to know more about the story and what the game might be like, but I'm sure you'll defend that, too.

This.
I mean, I understand that people may hate some fanboys, but i'm laughing at how legitimately angry everyone is at Kojima.
It's just hilarious the massive damage control campaign that began a bit more than 24 hours ago after the MG Survive gameplay.
Seriously, these posters were nowhere to be seen before that video, they just came here and started calling a Kojimadrone to everyone who didn't like that sad and laughable scam.

What Kojima meant is that the game is about espionage, not about zombies
The fact that they added soldiers powered by parasites who use puppet soldiers who move like zombies is a completely different thing
Skulls controlled them and they were limited and most likely undergo physical modifications that strip them of their energy or something
The fact that a soldier is under somebody's else control and he's a zombie because he moves like one is like saying every videogame with a cover system is a gears of war copy

It's funny because, after Kojima's screwing the creative cast over and over again, he gets his just desserts. This is what happens when you fuck over David Hayter.

>“I don’t think zombies would appear in such a world.”
>MGSV has a scene of symbiotes take over the bodies and minds of Venom Snake's soldiers, where you have to kill them, lest they kill you

Man, the hypocrisy of this man.

Thanks

Portable Ops has good writing outside of the retcons. Gene's speech in particular.

The difference is the real world setting with the real world problems, not some bullshit zombie apocalypse wonderland.

it all makes sense, the games got bad when Tomokazu Fukushima stopped writing. HE'S THE TRUE GENIUS.

eat shit

>he gets his just desserts
He gets to work with a company that completely respects him?

>This is what happens when you fuck over David Hayter.
Nothing wrong with that, Hayter is a horrible VA with no range.

MGS its a Kojima series, so you should disregard everything past him.

Kojima is a hack who can't write for shit, so disregard everything. The games are good tho.

Never played AC!DS but the rest of those are good.

>Ground Zeroes is a way better Metal Gear than TPP meme

Opinion discarded

>Ground zeroes actually felt like MGS1-3 days
My fucking sides.
Ground Zeroes has nothing against those games.

>Man, the hypocrisy of this man.
Why?
His games always tried to send a message.

MG Survive is a dumb zombie game for the kids who play Call of Duty and the latest Ubisoft flavor of the hour.

Do you think MGR has a good story or something? That shit doesn't hold a candle to any other mainline MGS and it completely flopped raidens character. It was a fun game with good gameplay but come on faggot.

Why do people have such an issue with non-Kojima MGS, but blow their loads over non-Mikami Resident Evil?

MGS1, MGS2, MGS3 are good.
The rest are all trash.

There's no need to defend anything. Games do this all the fucking time, have you just began playing video games or something?

Nice argument

/thread

those soldiers who walk like zombies who are infected by the Skulls

the Skulls

Ground Zeroes has more sneaking than MGS1
First mission feels like the tanker chapter yet the ending is even more dramatic
Improved the MGS3/4 gameplay and it got it just right

Characters, story, dialogue, mission structure, atmosphere in GZ better than the TPP counterparts
Even the gameplay was better in GZ since it forced you to at least try to get an A/S rank for those new weapons and didn't throw in tens f worthless or overpowered items that don't have place in a sneaking game

>Ground Zeroes has more sneaking than MGS1
So?

>First mission feels
>feels
Not an argument.

>Improved the MGS3/4 gameplay and it got it just right
How?

>Characters, story, dialogue, mission structure, atmosphere
How?

>Even the gameplay was better in GZ since it forced you to at least try to get an A/S rank for those new weapons
Why would you need weapons in a MGS game?

>didn't throw in tens f worthless or overpowered items that don't have place in a sneaking game
But those new weapons do have a place in a sneaking game?

Nah, he gets fucked over by the company that fired him into not being able to use his IP of 20 years. Not even allowed to go to an award show, xD. I'll give you 10 Sony points for attempting to divert the discussion into a false equivalence.

Oh God my old English teacher has found Cred Forums

Pretty much this. Sadly it will get ignored for the sake of shitposting.

Good to know Cred Forums still has a couple of sane Anons.

>all of Konami's IPs being dead
>everything went right

what

>he gets fucked over by the company that fired him into not being able to use his IP of 20 years
How is he fucked?

He has said several times that he's tired of MGS, and precisely he tried to do different stuff like the whole ''PMC simulator'' thing to shake things up a bit due to how bored he was of making linear stealth games over and over.

>Not even allowed to go to an award show, xD
The one where they all BOO'd Konami, killing their reputation a bit more?

>I'll give you 10 Sony points for attempting to divert the discussion into a false equivalence.
What?

Buddy it jumped the shark in 2.

It's mostly all shills doing damage control over MG Survive.
This spam of shitposting began yesterday when they showed the MG Survive and suddenly everyone was desperate to convince others that it wasn't trash.

They killed those franchises, nothing can be done save for pushing Konami out of the game industry and force them to sell those IPs.

I just hope Ludvig Forsell still makes the OST, that'll be one thing worth salvaging from this piece of shit.

but the TPP OST was, like other things, dogshit

>TPP OST
>shit

Did you even listen to it?

I mean clearly the game doesn't give it an occasion to shine. At all. But listening to it separately is entirely different.

I don't get this "kojima was forced to work on MGS" argument.
Was he forced as in obliged due to some contract, or was he """obliged""" because he was the only decent game director Konami had around and it's not like he was doing it for free.

Like when? Metaphorical representations of zombies isn't the same as literally reanimated walking dead corpses.

Hell, I can't wait to give MGSurvive a legit chance, but even I think using zombies in place of the Parasite puppets was a dumb choice ( along with making Survive a standalone title as opposed to MGSV DLC ).

He was the vice fucking president of Konami, wasn't he? He could done whatever the fuck he wanted.

>outsource ZoE Collection to a shitty western developer, who fucks it up
>it performs poorly as a result
>WELL GEE, I GUESS WE'RE GONNA PUT ZOE PROJECT ON HOLD INDEFINITELY, BECAUSE BUYING GAMES YOU ALREADY OWN IS THE BEST WAY TO GAUGE INTEREST

>The fact that they added soldiers powered by parasites who use puppet soldiers who move like zombies
and look and act like zombies, aka zombies
>is a completely different thing
Full retard.

Saying "zombies don't fit" is retarded because he specifically already fitted them.

>but they aren't zombies, they're mind controlled!
This is ridiculous hair-splitting. Might as well argue that Resident Evil has never had zombies in it and they "wouldn't fit" in there either.

>Ground Zeroes has more sneaking than MGS1

Depends how you play. Mgsv and GZ have better sneaking because the gameplay is better.

>First mission feels like the tanker chapter
>ending is even more dramatic

No and no. You think it feels like the tanker because it is raining outside. Nothing beats Ocelots double crossing and stealing RAY in the Tanker chapter, especially not GZ. GZ has a cool cliffhanger and that's about it, it isn't nearly as cool as the tanker.

>Improved the MGS3/4 gameplay and it got it just right

MGSV has the same exact gameplay but you're right.

>Characters, story, dialogue, mission structure, atmosphere in GZ better than the TPP counterparts

This is extremely vague. In GZ all you do is the same things you would in V. Take out air emplacements, take out the high value targets, rescuse some prisoners, find some tapes..

>Even the gameplay was better in GZ since it forced you to at least try to get an A/S rank for those new weapons

How does forcing you to get an s ( which it doesn't do) make the gameplay better? It doesn't. The only reason to get all S is if you're a completionist, and I actually did do that.

>worthless or overpowered items that don't have place in a sneaking game

Have you never played MGS before or just not a lot? The games have always been the most fun when you are creative and you use a variety of things at your disposal. Especially in V, there is so much room for pure fun. It needs a mod like infinite heaven to be even better but it is a great game.

Yeah zombies wouldn't but ghosts and magic and mind control and possessed arms controlled by dead people and nano bots and cyborgs and bipedal robots and a man who can just control lightning and fire whales and fire unicorns and every other fucking retarded piece of shit Kojima ever thought of can.

Zombies is obviously too far fetched

It sounds like this was the game they fired him over.
>what do you mean it doesnt make sense. The americans love zombies and the parasit-
>no no, they arent zombies when controlled by the parasite, theyre just not on control of their bodies
>ding dong bannu

Yes, multi-sequel deals are very common in the publishing industry.

Like, if you sell a book, and it's successful, you can be offered a contract for a three book deal, and so you need to write three more books for that publisher before you're allowed to do any other work.

>Did you even listen to it?

yes user I didn't mute the OST for the entire game
the only moment I remember is in the honey bee mission when you are sneaking in the canion and it goes dark and this starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=KM0CYOeOh1o

I was thinking "man if this keeps up this game will be great"

but no, the game took a complete nose-dive after the honey bee mission

the ost is forgetable, GZ has better tracks than it

People have been saying that ever since 4. I don't get it either. I think Kojima is just a hard worker and tries to improve based on what people complained about with each entry, which is why there's big differences from 2 to 4 to V. He gets hate either way though, personally I like all of them. They all have good shit in them and are good games all around

He left Konami months ago.

Night, wormhole technology is literally a gag. It isn't meant to be taken seriously, just like how an infinite fucking bandana wasn't suppose to be taken seriously.

>not playing cassette music for tacticool ops

Pleb

Yeah so you really didn't listen to it. Volume is far too low in the game, and there's always background sounds over it.

Download it and listen to it, it's more than worth it.

what kind of fucking example is that? Kojima was an actual employer of Konami, he wasn't some guy who just passed by proposing them his game.

I've heard he wanted to quit metal gear after 2.
which might explain why mgs3 is a prequel, he probably wanted to do something unrelated

you mean the 80's tape? you know like when nothing in the game actually feels like it's the 80's, or that you are even in afganistan and not random desert generated with outposts and no life in it?
a glorified youtube playlist embeded in the game?

if a game OST doesn't stick with you then it's not good, you don't have to force yourself to like it
I never had this issues with the previous MGS games regarding the OST, they all had something good in them that you remembered without effort

>if a game OST doesn't stick with you then it's not good, you don't have to force yourself to like it
Listening to music isn't really a chore user, let's not go overboard. I'm just saying the OST Is great, just the game doesn't use it properly and it's mostly inaudible.

please don't do this

To be fair, MGS2 did introduce everything that ruined the series, by far.

>Tranquility pistol
>Over focus on writing
>Horrible bosses almost throughout
>Making the first third of the game a fucking bomb hunt

MGS3 tried to reel it back to basics, but it wasn't enough, apperantly.

>and look and act like zombies, aka zombies
They're zombie like but they're not zombies
They won't walk in masses to eat your brain or overpower you since you can just mash a button to punch them down and bully them all you want
The puppet soldiers are literally there to make it harder for you to focus on the skulls and kill them not to mention it's implied the skulls get the strenght from them
Also zombies don't become normal but they stay zombies, the puppet soldiers transformation is strictly related to the skulls
They're also not a part of the plot, while Survive's zombies are part of the gameplay and the plot, hell it's even part of the concept itself
>Resident Evil has never had zombies in it
The only games where Resident evil doesn't have zombies are in 4 and 5
The fact that you're infected and you do things slower doesn't mean you're a zombie

The point is puppet soldiers are something that happens in a few boss fights with the sole purpose to distract you from the skulls while they're the core of Survive
You can ignore that difference as much as you want but it's a solid one, no pun intended