Tfw there are about 10 decent-good spiderman games, but no good Iron Man games

>tfw there are about 10 decent-good spiderman games, but no good Iron Man games.

It hurts, Cred Forums. How does one make a good Iron Man game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BIXsaabAcbg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Shady government officials want to nuke an entire city because of alien invasion
>Heroes stop invasion with minimal losses
>"We need regulation of heroes!"

Fucking Civil War, I swear.

Needs to have seamless transitions from ground to air combat at the press of a buttom.
High Moon actually did a pretty good job of this in the Transformers Cyberteon games, the Starscream levels were top notch.

The Iron Man armor is disabled and scattered at the very beginning, so the game's main objective is to collect the armor back.
You play as an unnarmed Tony Stark and the game plays as Batman: Arhkham Asylum with a focus on stealth; when the moment comes to fight Tony Stark uses hand-to-hand combat along with a special ability of the armor pieces he has collected so far.

Humanoid flight combat one for one
Also Iron Man lacks a good rouges gallery

Have alcoholism be a gameplay mechanic

Just put him against Dr. Doom or Ultron. Someone who can make an army of robots you for you to violently dismantle.
Also, needs a War Machine 'Virgil mode' you can unlock by beating the game.

Iron Man suffers from the same problem as Superman when it comes to game design: he can fly at-will.

People think it's because Superman's overpowered, but that's not it. Plenty of vidya characters are overpowered, but few can fly, and those that can are in games whose levels are full of arbitrary borders.

The ability to fly breaks everything we know about level design and requires us to rethink our whole game design philosophy from the ground up. Walls don't stop the player, crevices don't stop the player, rubble doesn't stop the player, borders guarded by invincible enemies don't stop the player. That's why even when characters like Kratos and Bayonetta are allowed to kill literal gods, they still can't be allowed to fly.

We need Morton Downey Jr to do the voice over
Lots of quips
Denzel replaces Harambe who looks like he is about to die from something
It's a telltale story adventure about his decent into alcoholism
Having an Irish girl in your head doesn't help with staying off the sauce

Make Sucker Punch make it.

This, have your workshop function like an expanded functionality GTAV safehouse, complete with expensive scotch.

maybe because marvel didn't give a fuck and let literal whos develop them

Make it VR. Gimmicky, and arcadey short, but I think it's an exciting way.

This so much this and make it first person.

Good Spiderman games?

easy

make it like Far Cry, on an island somewhere, tony gets stranded, collect tech and shit and build a suit and solve the mystery of whatever's going on

There's a vive demo that uses hand thrusters as the movement gimmick
It's surprisingly good for vr, lets you move freely without getting that sick feeling

Start the game with the Mark 1

Make a decent excuse as to why Tony can't fly the fuck out of New York and contact Avengers.

Build gameplay around the fact that Iron Man can fly, and take into consideration real world physics to make it harder than people like to think it is, but also fun.

Make armor fun. Best case scenario: allow customization. Alt. costumes are a must.

Let us something to do. Stop terrorists or something.

Learn how make good Iron Man comics in the first place, it's not like there's much to build upon

I think you can work around it.
Have some only-flying missions where you're in a big open map (not a GTA-like map, but one like the Ace Combat and Earth Defense Forces games use) and the missions are a bunch of setpieces (destroy the AIM fleet, stop the rogue sentinel robots, defeat the giant Doombot).
Have some closed-map missions where even if you can fly at will you don't instawin the missions, and in fact the combat is designed around flying as a means to avoid taking damage. For example you fight a bunch of robots inside a factory, you can fly but just up to roof level and can attack from the air, but the evil robots can still attack you from the ground or have attacks that can make you fall.
Have some missions where you're using a particular armor (one of the stealth ones or the hulkbuster) and you literally can't fly.

TONY STARK BUILT THIS IN A CAVE

WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS

Iron man is a meme

spider man is the least unlikable marvel hero.

Oh god why
Haha yes, this summer, on early access!
Proldudjcxzldlly generated game that everyone wanted

>Sold his marriage to the devil
>Never matures
>Least unlikable

sure he had several missile pieces and components

>10 decent spiderman games

Don't kid yourself, there's only 2 decent spiderman games at best.

>fight, armor gets damaged
>pieces fall off
>collect icon thingies to fix armor to call them back
>be able to call different armors in

Make it War Machine the game and have him blow shit up in the middle east.

>Quesada
>Slott
Hell, I'd settle for Mark Waid these days just not Slott.

Marvel isn't going to give it to some indie dev to shit out something on PC.

Console games have some level of quality control.

>bitch ass nigga version that is Iron Man 3's armors
fuck that, Mark III or bust

no u

nigga you would need a team of engineers using current gen technology, tools and equipment to accomplish that. he did it by himself in a fucking cave

since when was Far Cry procedural/indie/early access, it's never been anything other than an AAA studio game

He had the help of a (really good?) scientist/engineer thing.

And he's supposed to be like super smart. Guess he knows some technology breakthroughs that normal scientist can't even fathom. Remember how in the movie other countries tried to make walking robot armors with huge team of scientists and failed.

>Fist person
>each half of the controller controls a arm
>various weapon to mix up like repulsor. misiles . lasers
>huge open levels
>Outside of main missions Yakuza like mini games such as drinking. going out with models

Make the game 2 playstyles:

-action stuff
-comfy life of Tony Stark doing rich guy stuff and building stuff

>Denzel replaces Harambe who looks like he is about to die from something
kek

I still remember the exoskeleton that snapped a guy's back

>Avengers create an IA that wants nearly destroyed the world if it weren't for pure luck
>Not even counting all the things that went rogue before
Somehow it's weird to want everything under control

>Tony Stark gets no punishment

Pepper left him

He got spit on. Apparently it's the highest form of punishment in the MCU

lul

I really like how IM1 is so nicely tied up. Such a rare thing for capeshit.

His only "Weak" armor is the MK42 and that's because it was unfinished and maybe his "Football" armor the one he used in the opening of IM2 because it had no weapons other than repulsors and couldn't fly
So any armor after 3 would be better

He'll be back
Nobody stays dead in comic books

>mfw Dead Space 2 is the closest thing to an Iron Man game I've played

Iron Man is in several brilliant Marvel vs Capcom games, that's good enough for me.

that's how capeshit got popular, since it was such a really nice movie people changed their view on capeshit

Well im not tony stark?

I'm not in a cave.

Capeshit has been a thing since X-Men (2000)

Batman Forever and Superman 3 killed it until X-Men and 2002 Spider-Man brought it back.

Iron Man wasn't anything revolutionary until it became The Avengers.

Ant-Man stealth game when?

It was revolutionary regarding its treatment of the themes and characters. No wonder it worked well and so did the follow-ups

>americlaps

Why aren't there any good games that you play with a powered suit/exoskelton?

closest thing you're gonna get

There are literally so many games that have these.

what about baman?

Great character for another open-world game set in a big city.
Too powerful to justify the common "stop the muggers" tasks thoses games ask you to do 50 times to progress the story.

>TFW Marvel's shitty PR stunts aren't working

Comics have been dead for a decade

Ever play the macross games for PSP?

Flight feels amazing in those, and you can transition between modes flawlessly

In lieu of good level design, all you have to do is create good dogfight mechanics

He got the shit beat out of him after the one person who he felt the need to gain the approval of (since Cap's approval is the closest he's going to get to his father's at this point) hid the fact that his best friend brutally assassinated his parents.

Also, Ultron was more of an industrial accident that a conscious creation of his. Tony himself failed to create Ultron.

>Iron Man game where you barely use the suit

I would have to try very, very hard to come up with an idea worse than this.

Add jetpacks to Vanquish

>Also Iron Man lacks a good rouges gallery
Iron Man's the type of hero that doesn't necessarily need one for a video game revolving around him. All he needs are good boss battles.

The one on PSP was pretty fun.

The Chitauri invasion, Hydra, SHIELD-Hydra, the Tesseract affair, all of those crisis were just the result of the world governments' incompetency and inability to protect the people.
The Avengers did nothing wrong (except for Ultron; that one is their fault).

It was a joke.

I would probably set it in a couple different locations. Make it completely open world. In suit at all times. First map is LA(where tony house is). Missions around there. Can go back to house at any time to change suit or call jarvis to send one over. all suits can be seen on display in house.

have africa and afghanistan map. fight tanks and such. save hostages.

now I am having trouble thinking about why la needs to be a map. there would need to be some sort of invasion happening or just robotic enemies that occasionally attack.

Play metroid prime

>tfw there's supposed to be a really good iron man game, but can't fin it anywhere
Fuck this, even private trackers don't have it.

Just make it play like armored core 4A and make tony's base either the helicarrier or his tower.
From there you can go on missions around the world in huge areas like in mgsv

youtube.com/watch?v=BIXsaabAcbg
I'd kill for a good Punisher or Daredevil game this gen.

You start by making another Armored Core game. Make sure to tweak the flying system so that it suits Iron Man better. You then call this Armored Core game "Iron Man".

Since iron man in a 15 year old black girl now, the game could be about her facing the injustices of society

stop

>tfw I own the PC version of this game

I remember having a decent time with it, the air combat was surprisingly fun.

I don't have to try hard at all.

You start with the whole suit, then after the first level it removes your armor completely instead like the guy you responded to said, and you don't even get the cool bits back until the final boss. I just made Metroid Prime 4, where's my paycheck?

No, no. You have the full armor for the full game, but you have to wait for JARVIS to let you use certain functions.

>Ross threatens to arrest him
>Pepper leaves him
>Wanda hates him AGAIN
>Hawkeye hates him
>T'Challa doesn't give a flying fuck about him anymore
>Got BTFO by cap and his boyfriend
>His best friend was crippled by the robot that was supposed to be on his side
>Had to beg T'Challa for a ride since his armor was busted

Tony got shit on more than anyone pham

Oil spils are industrial accidents. There are still a shit ton of fines to pay and lost of ability to work in the industry again should person/group X be found to have been horribly negligent or ill trained.

Why people think the marvel government asking for the same fucking thing it applies to every other industry is some sort of insult to humanity is beyond me.

Give it to Platinum Games

wasn't that the whole point of Marvel Universe: the End?

Thanos remade the universe so no more reviving was allowed

Marvel *usually*^does not fuck up with continuity on such a level (minor details are obviously overlooked sometimes)

Literally Iron Man 3 tier aka shit.

I'm constantly impressed with how dumb most of Cred Forums is to not understand Civil War.

Perfect Iron Man game:

>made by Platinum (inb4 "HURR PLATINUM SUX" memers)
>open-world (but said open-world isn't THAT huge so it could keep a 60 fps frame rate)
>combat basically like Vanquish, with flight and expanded melee options
>armor customization so you can choose which armor you want or tweak whatever however you want it
>Iron Man and War Machine both playable plus Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) as an unlockable third character

He said GOOD games. Could have at least posted Heavy Gear.

But he has money and can fly so it's all good.

Now actually putting him in jail would be punishment.

>Plot very loosely based on Armor Wars, Tony goes to a third world warzone to investigate sightings of guerrillas using Stark technology. Rhodey is there too, as a part of the U.S. military detachment
>Gameplay is MGSV: Infinite Heaven with the Iron Man armor
>Setting is open world full of military convoys, patrols, outposts and bases
>Emphasis on being a walking army - you rip tanks to shreds on a daily basis
>Bosses are knockoff Iron Men with crazy gimmicks, including some of Iron Man's rogues like Whiplash
>Crazy armor customization, including weapons gained from bosses
desu I just want a game where I can re-enact the tank scene from Iron Man 1.

But without tony, there is no Avengers, and the Avengers handle world threats in SHIELD's absence.

It's less of his getting off scott-free and more of him being enough of an asset that he has to be Ross's bitch.

Prison would actually be more dignified

He gon die next movie anyway. RDJ gets paid too much.

He rakes in more money than he costs, though.

He's the rock juxtaposed against Marvel's hard place. The fact that he said he's got one more standalone in him kind of put marvel in a weird spot, since they know an Iron Man 4 would make boucoup bucks no matter how much he charged

>>Prison would actually be more dignified

Doubtful.

>Now actually putting him in jail would be punishment.
If Wanda can avoid it after all the shit she did in Age of Ultron, all of which was exponentially worse than anything Tony did, and done 100% in control of her faculties and conscious of her actions, then I don't see why Tony's freedom's such a surprise.

Even Ultron was a result of her fucking with Tony's mind and making him desperate.

>Pepper left him
That's not a punishment.

>If Wanda can avoid it after all the shit she did in Age of Ultron, all of which was exponentially worse than anything Tony did, and done 100% in control of her faculties and conscious of her actions, then I don't see why Tony's freedom's such a surprise.
This. The fact that so many people ask why Tony is kept out of prison without asking why Wanda wasn't incarcerated until after the Airport fight speaks volumes about how skewed their priorities are.

Tony made an oopsie. Wanda almost ended the world.

Tony can make a Pepper holosexbot

>Got BTFO by cap and his boyfriend
what?
Ironman was winning that fight and only lost purely due to the 2v1.
He thought winter was down and then got his leg grabbed, then captain took that opportunity.
Ironman was about to finish cap.

All she had to do was fire the nigger at an angle and Civil War would never have happened

>Fucking Civil War, I swear.
amazingly, they managed to make it more stupid than the comic.

>daredevil and iron first doomed to appear in their own netflix coninuity
>GHOST RIDER delegated to some shit series no one watches
suffering

>Hello Tony Stark. I am cave.

The comic was terrible but at least it had memorable confrontations. Film didn't even have that.