JUST ANNOUNCE IT ALREADY

JUST ANNOUNCE IT ALREADY

Other urls found in this thread:

ca.ign.com/articles/2004/01/21/nintendo-mystery-product-revealed-4
youtube.com/watch?v=TaA-lYUQom0
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-26-nx-is-a-portable-console-with-detachable-controllers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OKAY I'M GAY WITH OP

Their silence is getting beyond silly now. At this point if it isn't tech that re-writes gaming again they're going to be facing major disappointment from all sides.

It's a real piece of shit and they're just stalling so their stock doesn't plummet like when the Wii U got revealed.

This. Though let's be real though, the most likely reason why they haven't shown it yet is because they decided on the reaveal dates and their course of actions about a year ago and didn't mess with the dates at all.

The only silly thing around here is people assuming Nintendo owes them an announcement and the NX must be announced when they say so.

I hope NX faggotry will be remember forever.

sorry mr. edgelord, but beileve it or not, they do!

this silence is beyond retarded, and no console ever has had its first announcement in less than a year's time.

theres 5 months left to launch and we know nothing? thats ridiculous, they might as well say: 'sorry lol, but the NX is a prank, it doesnt exist'.

>Not actually knowing how stock works
Typical Cred Forums

>people assuming Nintendo owes them an announcement

As consumers it's their job to unveil a product sooner than later after announcement in order to keep interest high and potential losses to competition at a minimum. Stalling only results in people getting fed up or bored and moving their interest to other things like the Pro, Scorpio, or other devices like tablets and phones.

Not that I've been keeping up with news, so maybe I'm just retarded but, when was the NX officially announced? I thought it was only ever rumors/speculation.

What are your hopes for NX?

thats exactily the problem, YOU JUST SAID IT!

the announcement needed to be sooner or now, now nobody is interested except for a measly few and it will be an even bigger dissapointment.

again, for all we know, this silence might lead to nintendo saying the nx doesnt exist.

>!
Reddit's that way.

>when was the NX officially announced?

It might have been sooner that this but during the first gameplay preview of BoTW. Do you not remember all the Wii-U shitposting threads?

Except, you know, they've mentioned it several times in the last months. Hell the Splatoon Tournament that ends next year has a NX as one of the prizes.

see

Nothing, because it's Nintendo. I expect nothing but total disappointment.

What the fuck is the hold-up? I literally can see no reason why they would withhold it for this long. What are they possibly gaining from this?

January 2015

It was announced before last E3 with Nintendo claiming a March 2017 release date. Ubisoft also announced that the new South Park game would be coming to NX at E3.

Wow that looks cool!
I'd buy that especially if it was backwards compatible with Wii U and 3DS

Is this supposed to lead me to believe I can play my DS/3DS games using the NX?

*March

if it doesnt take any disc medium, how would it be?

They've been waiting for all their non-NX announcements to go by first
>E3
>Pokemon GO
>Super Mario Run
My guess is they have one last non-NX thing they have to share, and the NX conference will be announced like an hour later.

I hope it has good graphics and isn't completely gimmicky.

I expect to be sorely disappointed

>cartridge has 20 or so pins

never ever

Putting the disc into your Wii U adds it to your Nintendo account.
Once it's on there you can download it again on the NX.

It's not hard to come up with a solution.

>the next revolution

I wish nintendo and tech companies in general would stop this shit.

Looks like the vita but iphoneified.
>Metroid
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH this is totally legit.

adds it to your account for use exclusively on wiiu though, its why you cant play VC games you've bought on any other console

please, it still has a headphone jack, nintendo is not courageous

>Nintendo giving away free ports to new hardware
lol, name five companies that have ever done this.

They were supposed to announce the NX at this year's E3 to begin with so I don't know why they still haven't.

>supposed to
According to who?

Certainly not Sony. They did something similar but allowed you to buy them cheaper if you already had them in your account.

If Nintendo makes a dope handheld that's stronger than the Wii U with TWO FUCKING ACTUAL REAL STICKS then that's fine but it's shitty considering I've had my DS for less than a year

That thing looks fucking amazing.
Razed Fiona had me off the fuckin walls then it magically failed after they fucked it over. I miss it :(

>People sharing discs
>Buying used games and immediately returning
>Losing profits on reselling classic games in their e-store

It's harder to come up with a solution that works

>but allowed you to buy them cheaper if you already had them in your account
You mean like the VC releases on the Wii U?

I thought you got all your PSone/PS2 classics plus Journey and some other games on PS4 if you bought them for ps3. Is that not true? I'm not a cuck so I don't own a ps4.

am i the only person who will be terribly dissappointed if this thing is not JUST a home console? im not 4 years old i dont want a handheld

i crave the experience of sitting in front of my beautiful tv and immersing in a new and beautifully crafted/designed nintendo game.

I hope it last long enough to get a large amount of decent games with a lot of funding and investment then I hope hackers and code crackers break it down for all of us pirates.

FF7 is the only PS1 game available on PS4, and that sure as fuck wasn't free to people who bought it on PS3.

Except I can download games i've bought for the PSP onto my vita to play. Or get "free" games with their PS+. ie. I got God of War Ghost of Sparta for the PSP for "free" a few months ago.

>Every single reply to every tweet Nintendo makes is nothing but demand for the NX

I understand it's frustrating but sperging to their social media interns isn't going to make the announcement come any faster.

Could be worse, I bought a Nu-3DS or the Hyrule Warriors machine as I like to call it.

That it flops and I get to see Nintendrone damage control again.

is this thing a replacement for the wiiU or the 3ds?

That's NX faggotry to you.
And watch as the following will happen: people is building up hype for something they don't know what it is; they will keep begging for infos like tards; their expectations will reach critical mass; the NX will be finally shown; no matter how good it is, it won't meet NXfags' ridicolous expectations; they will shitpost HARD about the NX being shit.

This is exactly what will happen. Enjoy the ride and prepare to cry.

It's also not gonna make it come any later. Let spergs do their sperging.

Yes it will. People get antsy, then they get impatient (now) then they get angry (soon) then they forget. They need to fucking move.

Its getting to the point where a big reveal wont fucking matter because theyve been so sloppy with leaks and rumors that a reveal isnt going to generate the excitement, hype and speculation that it should.

Its like edging so hard you accidentally blow your load while youre desperately trying to hold it back. Leading to the worst most disappoint jizz ever.

The only explanation I have is that Nintendo is horribly, horribly unconfident in the NX and realize they have an utter failure on their hands. They're too ashamed to reveal it but it's a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation.

>Its like edging so hard you accidentally blow your load while youre desperately trying to hold it back. Leading to the worst most disappoint jizz ever.
This is such a stupid analogy, but it's incredibly accurate

I think the rumors and speculation made them go back to the drawing board to make sure it meets the expectations, which are always exaggerated.

This, it's incredible how old fuck suits ruined everything this company shit out

>im not 4 years old i dont want a handheld

Speak for yourself, I personally find handhelds extremely comfy and tend to put more hours into them than any of my other systems. Hell right now I'm currently making my way through Legacy of Goku 2 for GBA.

>post yfw NX runs iOS

They waited two years to show Breath of the Wild and look how amazing it is.
I think the NX will be pretty great. Not perfect, but great.

I'm tired of the wait as well.

It's really simple - They're not going to announce a Wii U replacement until after the last real Wii U game (Color Splash) comes out. Otherwise, no one's going to buy Color Splash. That's literally all there is to it, it's pretty obviously. It'll be announced mid October, after Color Splash's first sales week

I'm too in love with the 3DS and the next handheld reveal to give a shit about the NX right now.
But I'm gonna be kinda pissed if it really is a console-handheld combo.

shit that analogy's apt as fuck

It's a replacement for both Wii U and 3DS, so using your logic they won't reveal it until next year

>Its like edging so hard you accidentally blow your load while youre desperately trying to hold it back. Leading to the worst most disappoint jizz ever.

too bad OP would consider this a food analgy

Of course it's not, or else Pokemon Sun and Moon would've launched on it. Do nintendrones have zero common sense

E3? Nope
Gamescon? Nope
Nintendo Direct? Nope
Tokyo Game Show? Nope

We'll instead wait for a perfect day to come to reveal our next home console, it'll come, any day now.

The 3DS is going to get 3rd party support at least a little longer after the NX comes out, simply because of install base.
The Wii U has nothing else going for it after Color Splash, but Nintendo wants people to buy the last couple Wii Us anyway.

i'm not
the 3DS was great but now i want a kirby game in HD on my portable

>a replacement for both Wii U and 3DS

So it will be a juiced up handheld you can conect to your tv?

This hurts Nintendo more than anything. The point of announcing something early is to allow word of mouth to spread and excitement to grow.

>i crave the experience of sitting in front of my beautiful tv and immersing in a new and beautifully crafted/designed nintendo game.

Nintendo hasn't been able to into console games since the gamecube. The hell is so immserive about super Mario land? It's a linear platformer you can play with your eye closed, theres nothing immersive about Nintendo games.

I want the "hybrid" leaks to be true. If they put all their workforce in it to deliver good games instead of being divided between two entirely different systems. It would also help them stop making their libraries so redundant like the Wii U and 3DS show. One system with every new major main Nintendo title; Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Kirby...

>I don't work in marketing

Announcing things too early is the worst thing you can do. It doesn't come out for 6 months, people would lose interest before it came out.

They don't want another Federation Force mishap.

People disliking their NX reveal video so much, they have to literally beg them to buy it in the next direct.

BotW looks like shit, though. There is absolutely no chance it'll be good. Are you retarded?

>they will shitpost HARD about the NX being shit.
There will be shitposting, but the NXfags won't be doing it. The NXfags will be disappointed but optimistic, looking for something good in the announcement. There'll definitely be some arguments, but not shitposting.

The shitposting will be coming from everyone else, as it always does.

Honestly? Probably waiting for the Pro/S to spill their guts out, get the hype out of the way, and release the NX announcement during a lul period.

Then they can be all, "And it comes out in two months, night!"

The only reason they named the NX so soon is to avoid hopeless retards to think they were going mobile only during the Dena fusion.
Too bad people started assuming the NX was coming out soon, basically starting the delusion of NX fags that think everything is due to them.

They won't announce it until they have something worthwhile to show off.

They don't.

>Gimmicks kept to a minimum
>Great first and second party games as usual
>To not be given the old yeller treatment barely halfway into its lifespan like the WiiU

I don't care about third party multiplats because, like everyone else, Nintendo consoles aren't my only means of playing games.

They are doing their own event like Sony did when they revealed the PS4 Pro. We just have to wait when the fuck are they gonna host it.

The game industry is built on longterm hype and getting people to preorder things often years before release.

You're wrong.

>yfw Nintendo noticed how hard Sony dropped the ball with the Vita that they made their own
>yfw they're going to show Sony how it's done
>mfw I'm going to buy one at launch to spite Sony for fucking up the Vita as hard as they did

Feels good to be going back home to Nintendo after 20 years of them making shitty systems.

>years before release

Pls source

>Great first and second party games as usual
>this is what nintoddlers actually believe
Hahaha, oh wow. Maybe 15 years ago.

so...it's pretty much confirmed that the NX is bigger DS?

it makes me really sad

Like what happened with the Wii, right?

People were preorder sit like Diablo 3 and last guardian years before they finally came out.

Every game that gets announced can be preordered usually immediately and they might not come out in a year and a half.

you mean the wiiu?

Ah, that makes sense. I jus hope they announce it soon.

You sound like an idiot

>yfw NX has no graphical improvement over the Wii U

Wii was announced in TGS 2005 and it came out a year later

most consoles had more than 6 months between unveil date and actual release

well beside dogshit like the Saturn

this

Hopefully the NX arrival is the death of the 3ds, or it has the ability to play 3ds games, having their game library split between two product lines is gay

>the game industry is built upon it
>sources an unreleased game

I think you're wrong

Reggie said at last year's E3 that their 2016 E3 presentation would be about NX.

And you look like one. What's the big deal?

They hyped up Zelda BotW for several years even though they had nothing to show. Same with a lot of other titles.

Almost every nintendo direct in the last couple years focused on the exact same games.
Even at E3 they showed off the same games 2 years in a row, especially Xenoblade and #FE.

Why would it be different for a console?

I don't know anymore what is what, who is who at this point

Diablo 3 is an unreleased game?

Look at game announce dates vs release dates you moron.

tomorrow for sure guys!

this

there is just too much buzz for this week (or the next few days) for it to not happen

No disk medium? so it's the fucking PSP Go all over again?

Nope he only said they'd talk about NX in 2016, he never mentioned E3 2016

F-Zero
A new IP at launch
Metroid

Might as well hope for the moon

>the next revolution
holy shit, everytime I hear something like this I have to think about our healthcare-system because we have "revolutionary" "never seen before" changes there every 2-4 years that do absolutely nothing but to make it worse for the average citizen

They feel they need to blow people away with the nx and try to get that mass market flash the wii had.

They haven't announced it because they don't have anything like that to show off ready yet.

Cartridges.

That is the fucking worst though.

>you can kind of redeem it with a jizzless actual orgasm but both are mediocre as fuck any way you cut it

>you'll still end up pulling a quick one in like an hour to try to make up for it but that one falls short too

At least that first piss after a nut is godly.

>Diablo 3
>Last Guardian

DIABLO 3 ISN'T UNANNOUNCED MORON

Wow you sure got me.

Hahaha ebin! *dabs*

oh, I read that wrong. you meant no disk medium as in can't insert wiiu disks.

>buying a handheld console in 2016
shiggy digglydoo

These repeating numerals confirm

By saying Nintendo is going to make a Vita you're basically admitting that the such a handheld has inherent value yet it dose not. It is literally one of the best examples that proves the lines between console and handheld gaming should not be blurred and that people do not want console-like gaming on the go.

Doing a handheld that is more powerful or even just on-par with the Vitas power is stupidity, it'll needlessly raise development costs and place barriers between it and existing 3DS developers in an already crumbling market that's being assfucked by mobile. Everything about Nintendo even remotely doing something like a Vita is just stupid.

What they need is a 3DS successor with a mere bump in hardware and a proper control scheme, hell it's what the industry and the handheld market needs right now, not a jumped up pseudo console handheld hybrid

>implying it was supposed to be a leak
Helloooooo Reddit!

>physical disks
Cartridges and flash memory are more energy efficient, even more of a hint that they are going portable

It's a game you could preorder years before it came out you idiot.

They were hyping that game back in 2009 and people were preordering it then.

Again, example of how the games market plays long term hype games.

I want NX now!
I want it hacked, and i want it playing gamecube games!
and i want it to be a phone
and i want it to have good games (this is asking to much in 2016 i know)

>It's not hard to come up with a solution.
You know, why not a USB connectable disc drive. That way they can sell back essential features. Kinda like Apple.

>circle pads

into the le trash

He didn't say it was, he was citing games that you could preorder years before release.

lol, that shit is going to be underpowered as fuck like 3DS.

just buy a flagship smartphone already

>you still think I'm talking about Diablo 3

Sir I think you may have severe brain damage

Yeah why buy a new console with new games when I could spend three times as much to play old games?
>inb4 le "all nintendo games are rehashes so they''re the same as old games" meme

But I want good battery life.

This. Finally I'll be able to play no new games at all and just get stuck back in the good ol' PS2 era.

Retard

Right, and my point is that citing 2 random games, one of which is unreleased, isn't really a good measure of it being an industry standard, because it's not.

Thats not an emulator, there is no working ps2 emulator for phones
It will just be streaming it

>those controls and buttons

Revolting

Even if I want PS2 emulation on the go, I will wait for an official Sony handheld that dose it or nothing.

This

Only faggots don't know the freedom of TRUE mobile gaming

Last guardian not being out literally has no impact whatsoever on their point. Would you rather they say metal gear solid 4 or bioshock infinite? No man's sky? South park? All up for preorder way way way longer than less than six months.

dumbass

buy an extended battery

new nintendo games suck

you would be surprised

How many major games can you think of that were announced and released in less than six months?

>everyone already had a console of their choice
>PC is the solid middle of the road choice
>at best they will converse some of their fanbase to NX
>not position themselves to taking anyone shares of the gaming pie

this mid-generation release is questionable as fuck.

Wii U fucked their release schedule

>you would be surprised
prove me wrong then nigger
I know there is "!play" but it doesnt work at all

great argument

Kingdom hearts also sucks

But he's saying more than 2 years. Whatever, I guess you 18 year olds will see who's right in the coming weeks

>Someone calls mid boss fight
Oh the horrors

Why didn't they announce their new console when Pokemon GO peaked in popularity? They could have easily gotten the normie fanbase attention.
Why is Nintendo so retarded when it comes to marketing.

Troll harder.

>what is airplane mode
>what is do not disturb mode

it's like you want to kill your battery

>>everyone already had a console of their choice
Ha

>handheld
end this meme

>marketing a console is the same as marketing a game

You people really have 0 life experience. Are you in high school?

Because normies don't actually associate Pokémon with Nintendo, believe it or not.

So you either use it as a phone or as console. Great idea.
>my mom dies but I find out hours later because I was playing games on my phone

>The only silly thing around here is people assuming Nintendo owes them an announcemen

If they want me to spend hundreds of dollars on their console, and $50-60 a pop on games, then yes. Yes they do fucking owe me an announcement. Christ I hate it when people try to make it seem like the consumers are being the unreasonable ones.

What's the point of a phone when I can't receive calls?

>this mid-generation release

It's late gen for handhelds though.

test

he said they can be years, but also longer than what you are pretending is a fatal marketing move.

Most big games get at least a year or close to it as a minimum.

There's no indication whatsoever that anyone in the game industry is afraid of being forgotten if they announce more than a few months out.

>dudebro, yurope, weebo bought PS4
>american got Xbone
>normie on phone and tablet

he

>this mid-generation release is questionable as fuck.
>Wii U fucked their release schedule

There was an entire year between the PS3 and 360 yet nobody cared.
Also the other consoles are doing their incremental updates which will put even more full price consoles on the market alongside the NX

>not 4 years old
>playing on consoles

>open world meme
>mandatory crafting meme
it's literally numales sky: cucked in the woods edition

gaming, you queer

let me guess you also check facebook while you game on your Pee Cee

>afraid of being forgotten
No.

Nintendo has literally said themselves that they're waiting to close to release to reveal it. One of their reasonings was people copying it.

I'm kinda in that situation.
PC, PS4, Wii U, 3DS

If the NX is just the same shit over again I won't buy.

We asked user to troll harder. And he actually did it! The absolute madman.

Then why did their stock rise?

Historically, consoles announced closer to their release date don't do that well. So... keep insulting people.

I sure am lookimg forward to all the good and innovative games it will be getting.
Just like the WiiU. What kind of faggot even buys Nintendo consoles anymore?

>gaming
>on a phone

???

>he doesn't know the yakuza manipulate the stocks in nippon
kek

That's why the Wii U was such a huge success right?

Nigga, EVERYONE associates Pokemon with Nintendo. Nobody believed me when I said that Pokemon was its own thing.

>video game stock traders
>normies

no.

PS3 lost the gen because of the shitty start

The new PS4 is out in less than 2 months, they haven't even revealed this thing yet

I've only owned a 3DS and a WiiU for about 18 months and it's obvious to me that they need to Gattai.

>insulting people

>>>>>>>>>>>>reddit

About 14 million kinds of faggots.

You first used customers moving on as a reason for a late announcement.

Also, they could have announced it a year ago and nobody would have copied it. Learn to understand that companies are not honest when explaining their motives, almost ever.

>Not playing PS1 games at 1080p
I feel sorry for niggas who bought a no games Vita or 240p 3DS

58 + 13 million people

Kek probably because it isn't. They may not be the exact same company but Pokemon is owned by Nintendo.

>EVERYONE associates Pokemon with Nintendo.

No. They do not.

Your friends who have been playing it for too long are not normies.

>it's literally numales sky: cucked in the woods edition
7/10 shitposting, we really need you to shoehorn in "SJW" in there to think about awarding you the 10

Think people who bought a 3DS are pretty happy about not playing PS1 games.

(You)

My parents and everyone who read anything about Pokemon Go do not play Pokemon, myself included.

>Companies aren't honest
>But yeah they wouldn't copy it, despite that they've done so in the past

Not only are you wrong because they have stolen ideas, but you're wrong by the logic evidenced in your own post.

>Of course the 3DS isn't the replacement for the DS, or else Pokemon Black and White 2 would've launched on it.

>What kind of faggot even buys Nintendo consoles anymore?
me, when they put MonHun on it

>EVERYONE associates Pokemon with Nintendo
kek

As if your average Cred Forumsirgin wants to spend his tendies budget on stocks.

Just stop user, it's embarrassing.

Are you for real?

The 3DS can play Black & White 2 on it.

Well that doesn't make the other thing you said true. Most normal people don't associate Pokémon with Nintendo.

They're still surprised to see pokéballs in Smash if they play it for the first time.

please do name a console that is released within 6 months of its annoucment that is any good

is this a new wii u contrller?

What are we talking about now?

Stop what?

>Copying past marketing techniques is a good thing and the NX should do that

You only continue to prove how little you understand about products little boy

Well, I'd be forced to say the Nintendo DS.

I even personally consider it the greatest gaming device I've owned.

>doing something genuinely stupid is good
>because i said so

wew

Like releasing a weak console with motion controls when Sony is releasing the PS3? Yeah.

>something genuinely stupid
>best selling gaming dedicated device ever did it

Hm.

January 2004 - November 21 2004

You.

ca.ign.com/articles/2004/01/21/nintendo-mystery-product-revealed-4

It wasn't actually shown to anyone until E3.

The NX is just as announced now as the DS was in January.

It's the same as saying the NX was announced in 2015.

I'm serious, though. How was that comment related to whether Nintendo's stock would go up because of normie knowledge of Pokémon/Nintendo relations?

>Sticks above buttons
If any of you ever have to design a control scheme, please don't do this.

zero single spec detail about the nx, we dont even know if its 2 screens or 1 screen outside of bullshit leaks

in the other hands DS was annouced with spec, detail about it 2 screens feature and a promise for e3 appearance. Not to mention DS was teased multiple times to press outlets by Iwata himself a year before its actual release days

I wish Nintendo would do something like this again for the nx reveal.

youtube.com/watch?v=TaA-lYUQom0

>Metroid

hehe how has time changed

Man reggie was so young.

True, true, but nobody aside from fans a few media knew jack shit about all that until Reggie showed up on stage and took names.

I'm not sure why it'd be a terrible idea for the NX to be shown off closer to release date as well.

Nintendo obviously wants to avoid the phones, with their shorter product cycles, to immediately rip off whatever gimmick they came up with.

Afterall, the first iPhone was announce less than two months after the Wii launched as was essentially a Wii and a DS combined.

I hope you all do realize Pokemon GO caused 3DS and Pokemon sales to skyrocket, right?

For the past 2 months 3DS sales have been up.

Works fine on the Wii U

If the handheld and dock thing is real we're basically becoming a Neo Geo X which is already pretty sad but hey I'll take another emulator handheld

>The mere concept of touch and wireless gets people screaming

There was a time.

Do you think Wii U Pro controllers will work on this like the Wiimote did for Wii U?

>I'm serious,
>uses the word "normie"

I'm not sure how this is relevant to what was being discussed.

People bough 3DS's because it's what you need to play Pokémon.

That doesn't mean the ordinary person associates Pokémon by itself with Nintendo.

But NX is just the dev name, not the real one. Who would believe this?

>Having the presidents talking on stage.
Now they don't even appear in Nintendo directs, how times have changed.

Notice the disappointment when Reggie said that you have to tap to shoot.

That was the word that was used in the very first post I responded to, starting the discussion. So yes.

Are you genuinely retarded?
>hmm Mario can only be played on Nintendo
>it's a Nintendo game
>hmm Zelda can only be played on Nintendo
>it's a Nintendo game
>hmm Kirby can only be played on Nintendo
>it's a Nintendo game
>hmm Pokeyman can only be played on Nintendo
>???

a battery life that doesn't die the moment i plug it off the charger after 5 minutes

What? Reggie was in the latest Direct. He even had his own tiny one about that silly galaxy des-

Oh, you mean Kimishima.

That guy's really trying to avoid the spotlight.

I'm serious though.

Pokémon has such an abundant presence in the form of toys, cartoons, and all sorts of shit, and Nintendo's logo is RARELY on any of it, that most people really don't know.

I'm not even discussing this with you. I'm informing you.

>someone says something
>thats a meme now!

kys nigger idiot fuck

>phoneposter
POTTERY

>Samsung
What are people like you even doing here?

NO GYRO/NO BUY

i got it for bayo 1+2 and w101, i'm satisfied now, more games would be great though

Yes user, saying all Nintendo games are rehashes is indeed a meme, it's repeated all the time by retards like you and it's not even true.

Underrated.

This

>the next revolution in gaming

fuck right off. Not only does that look like something I could buy on Amazon from a knock-off company, but putting the sticks THAT FAR ABOVE the buttons makes it look like unusable garbage.

And that proprietary connector at the bottom? Oh good. Another cable to have to lug around.

Is this for real?

you are acting like people shouldn't complain about things they dislike, i am sure there will be some stupid "feature" like a new proprietary memory card thats 80 dollars for 16 gigabytes or it will try and imitate wii's success with hamfisted motion controls. you are just going to disregard all criticism just like nintendo and damage control into a corner like every single time then act like it isn't consumer right to have expectations, complain, or not buy

You can't a mob boss out in the open

The only reason it hasn't been announced is because they're still trying to come up with a name. 90% of Ninendo's staff spends 12 hours a day in the office racking their brains trying to come up with an even worse name than Wii U. Iwata managed to come up with one, but it was so terrible he had a brain aneurysm.

your off the deep end most non gamers and even core gamers i've encountered assume Pokemon is a Nintendo IP solely due to the fact their mainline games have only been officially playable on Nintendo Consoles.

Well, I am pretty sure that's because he is kinda dead.

>Is this for real?

What do you think, user?

that's because the ps4-version is a port of the steam version, while the ps3-version was the regular ps1-version.

It's a really, really bad idea.
Nintendo are being arrogant enough to assume that people will develop specifically for their hardware; ergo if the leaks are true it's running a fraction of the hardware performance on a completely different architecture which means companies will have to develop solely for it.
At that, selling something like it and maintaining interest is going to be a little hard with the increased form factor; not only do Nintendo have a powerful smartphone market to contend with, that kind of thing can't really be readily used as a handheld because it's just too big. Furthermore if they're entering into the handheld market in that way, phones are increasing in performance quite rapidly and a single spec is going to be handily outdated within a year of release; after one or two they're going to be relying purely on software instead of hardware merit to sell the thing. And that's exactly where the issues with requiring bespoke software for it comes in.

It'll be really neat if Nintendo pull it off, but I think it's badly thought out in a number of ways and has quite a lot of potential to backfire. But hey, if they unify home and mobile like that, maybe we'll see fancier Pokemon and Fire Emblem games. I'd like that.

>iwata talking about specs not mattering
>reggie said the same shit and people got mad

Nintendo has said this for a while

>Nintendo

Fucked if I know. They've been bringing out useless lumps of plastic with gamecube-era guts in for the last ten years.

Let me guess, just the ones that talk about Pokémon right?

Because most people don't. They still know about it, though.

So you're trying to insult your way out of looking stupid?

>insult

Who am I 'insulting' exactly? Nintendo? I'm sure they can take it..

>looking stupid?

No, I am genuinely curious. is this dogshit the next Nintendo flop?

>look how amazing it is

It was a disappointing downgrade from the first reveal.

I would if nintendo would misleading everyone about everything the nx would be like and just put out a system that blows the competition away. Reggie comes out with a console with the latest intel processor and latest nivida grapics 16gigs of ddr5 ram 2TB ssd and then say I hope your body is ready cause all of this is only $250 and then just flex off his shirt at the end. But that will never really happen.

they were developing it as a fucking launch title, there really should have been dual joysticks, and they still haven't learned their fucking lesson

Do you not know how to use google

You're so fucking retarded dude.

That was certainly a stream of consciousness.

So it's going to be a handheld?

Ahaha, awesome. Can't wait for this one to sink like a brick.

Keep trying to dig yourself out of that hole.

>Fan mockup
>What it might look like
Can you literally not read

post yfw you will never be this retarded

I want old Nintendo back.

I'm sorry I'm not all here but I hope you got what I was saying. You know what I am saying man?

>OP says that they need to announce the NX
>You think that the picture of a very obvious fan made thing is the NX

So, did you not learn context clues in elementary school?

>Not buying limited edition New Nx XL
>Not buying limited edition PS4 pro
>Not building a PC
shiggy diggy doo

>what it might look like

This indicates that it is what it might look like, yes.

The words in that sentence can be deciphered to form meaning.

There's been speculation on it being a handheld though, and new info gets 'leaked' all the time without official announcement.

Holy shit dude just admit you're a retard.

Jesus Christ.

This is some bafflingly vitriolic posting

If the NX is a handheld, and it has no way to connect/cast to your TV wirelessly, then Nintendo has failed, and they deserve to die.

>At least that first piss after a nut is godly.
Glad it's not just me that gets this. That shit feels fucking amazing
Yep, that shit's the worst, makes you feel like you wasted a lot of time.

Why? The OP pic looks VERY similar to this:

eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-26-nx-is-a-portable-console-with-detachable-controllers

And I have no reason to distrust that article.

Are you sure you're not just mad about something? You've been bitching at me for like 20 minutes now.

Except you believe that OP's pic was the actual device, when it was very clearly a 3D mock up.

>Except you believe that OP's pic was the actual device

I asked if it was what it was going to look like. Asking a question is hardly 'believing'. I don't keep up with this shit, and expecting everyone to know exactly the same information as you do about a product is kind of autistic.

You clearly actually thought it was a real.

You have aspergers, not telepathy.

Just the knowledge that it's a handheld amuses me. God, I hope that article info is true.

>im not 4 years old i dont want a handheld
>Craves to be immersed in Mario

That's a pretty specific rant. Almost like you planned on shitposting all along.

They have an idea that is "so good" that they don't want competitors getting a chance to rip it off.

Spla2n
New mainline Animal Crossing
Controller with a nice battery life and dpad
Zelda dungeon maker
New, fun IP
Improved mii plaza-esque shit

New F-Zero and Pokemon Colosseum-esque game too but those will never happen.

It's just gonna be the same old crap, OP. A shitty, underpowered console destined to play catch-up even though it goes through a handful of console "upgrades", and with the same tedious drain-circling line up they've been sucking dry since the 1990's.

The only people that will buy it are weebs who think they can relive their childhoods through super mario and people who kind of like playing phoenix wright/layton games.

They NEED to get away from the Wii name. They can still allow Wiimote and Wii U controller usage and still leave that garbage name in the past. If they really want to be the "next revolution in gaming" or whatever stupid tagline they want to use, they can't associate the NX with the Wii U in any way.

I still think the biggest blunder of the Wii U was its name.

Even though I hate the Wii and Wii U, deep down I want a return to old nintendo greatness. Too bad they won't do the thing that is most important: actually have many good games.

>wanting wireless controllers AND wireless TV casting
enjoy your mega lag

I absolutely agree. There are still people who think it's merely a Wii addon.

I think the biggest blunder was trying to release a console from the previous gen, while openly saying "you can use the controller to play it while mom and dad want to use the TV, billy!" and having 18+ launch titles.

A mess. Just...a mess.

>actually have many good games.

What was the last good Nintendo game? I can't think of any past super mario world.

Does metroid prime count?

A hybrid

>no console ever has had its first announcement in less than a year's time.
Are you literally a 4 year old? Both the xbone and the ps4 were announced less than a year before being released.

Ps3 was a financial failure

>Samshit
Hello normalfag.

Please, don't reveal it yet. I'm not fucking ready.

Man, I would buy a Nintendo portable console that finally gives up on the two screens gimmick, like in the OP
>Nice high quality screen with good resolution
>Decent materials for the console and solid buttons and joysticks
>Long battery life
No stupid shit. Just throw some solid first party games in it like in the GBA and it will sell like hotcakes.

he meant the DS u twat

>they're going to be facing major disappointment from all sides.
like always

That was Just Dance not South Park