Warhammer Eternal Crusade

Why arent you playing the current GOTY?

You're a shitty shill

early access is cancer and only serves to slowly mutilate games as developers take forever to produce updates or add in any meaningful features

Bur there are plenty of games that progressed through early access excellently and became solid games. Starpoint Gemini 2, Divinity: Original Sin, et cetera

In this case Early Access is the only thing keeping the game alive. Its whole development is a trainwreck and the game itself plays like one too.

The games progressed quite a bit in recent patches. The biggest issue right now is faction imbalance. And that's more due to the unlock system that anything else

I am playing it, it's fun.

The biggest issue is that gameplay feels like shit. Everything is clunky and awkward. Good on them for making the melee more or less reliable now but the whole system is still ass.

>game in shambles, basically still an alpha
>we release now guys :^)
I don't know who's at fault (probably the publishers), but is going to be a complete blunder.

A shame, since they had some interesting ideas and the game had potential.

What exactly is clunky or awkward about it?

Did they pussy out of the idea of having F2P orks since they are no longer a Planetside 2 mod?

>Bur there are plenty of games that progressed through early access excellently and became solid games
and are those enough to offset the thousands upon thousands of early access games that simply took people's money and never evolved to be anything close to good games?

there's always going to be diamonds in the rough, but developers have proven time and time again that early access only encourages their sloth and usually, with the promise of a shit-ton of money, they become overly ambitious with their projects and it ends up going nowhere

>The warhammer game I always wanted got fucking wasted by a bunch of talentless faggots who shouldn't have touched it.

>Absolute train wreck in every way possible, nothing redeeming about it.

>Nobody else can make the game now that it exists

>Meanwhile planetside 2 is fucked aswell because of incompetent devs

I'm so fucking mad, I just want 40k planetside and now I'm never getting it because of these dipshits

There is no more f2waaagh

Fukken dropped.

It's actually a Wh40k planetside. A shitty planetside, but god sees this game has potential.

that's one tight pussy.

>Has potential

Not under behavior, they're a bunch of fucking idiots and the game will go nowhere.

First of all because SM are slower and have a large turn radius, movement feels awkward. This is especially noticeable when trying to quickly negotiate doorways, not an issue for Eldar who move and turn faster.

Second of all attack animations launch you forward and lock you into the animation so that even now that it's been improved you still feel like a bull in a china shop unable to adjust your swings in the middle of an attack.

Then you also have the DPI change when firing heavy bolters and any melta weapons. That shit is literally the single worst way to balance these guns, so naturally Brent and Alexi would choose that. Firing that melta gun? Enjoy your mouse DPI lowering so you have to wrestle your mouse. Best way to balance an OP weapon is to make it unpleasant and awkward to use after all :^)

Why though? Is that such a shitty engine that devs can't do anything proppa on it?

I already played Space Marine user, there's no point in playing the same game.

>Engine

No, behavior are the devs and they've never made anything good.

The only successful thing they've made is death by daylight and that's just a meme game on twich right now, it has little lasting potential.

Don't forget that this existed. The dark eldar announcer's voice melted my dick.

>40k ASSFAGGOTS
Heresy.

Not him but it's more of a multiplayer twin stick shooter than an assfaggots, I still didn't like it much.

I'll admit that it was pretty silly to remove f2waaagh.

Now we have regular old ork boyz going toe to toe with eldar and space marines in equal numbers.

At least make em skarboyz or nobs or something

That is true.

thats a problem with people's decisions in quality, not strictly the developers.

If you are a good developer then your EA will not be wasted, if you are a shitty developer then your game with stagnate in EA and ultimately not stand the test of time.

Shitty games do well all the time without EA, but its by purpose of the market.

Inb4 that image about how good the DoW games are is posted and some one starts sperging about how shit DC is etc.

f2waaagh wont work in the games current state as it's basically space marine with a bigger player count atm

The open world stuff is allegedly still happening but I don't believe it. The game seems fucking shockingly bad and nothing like what they originally promised/planned

its not a wh40k planetside stop parroting this. This was the idea before they scrapped it but now its lobby based.

The space marine clunkiness was intentionally done. Its to mimic the feel of bulkiness of power armor

Melee could be better, I agree.

It's a required change to keep them from being god weapons like they used to be. Heavy Bolters are meant to be used at range. You cant let them just swivel on their axis like a turret and let them mow down people who are directly in their face. Melta weapons needed the change to keep them from aimply being better than melee. It''s primarily an anti-vehicle weapon type

what potential did the game have that got ruined? i came in alittle late to the development so what did they claim or promise thats not happening? and what, if anything, are they replacing it with?

>what did they claim thats not happening
Everything
>replacing it with
Nothing

Its an entirely different game than what was promised. Apparently their lead guy took the money and ran and this is the remnants they barely cobbled together. Its why theyre releasing it in this alpha state, because they dont have shit for funds to keep working on it

I couldn't care less if it was intentional. Intentionally bad is still bad.

>what potential did it have

Planetside but 40k

>What's not happening

Planetside but 40k

>Its an entirely different game than what was promised.
How about no?

I've BACKED THE GAME quite a long time ago, and currently it's exactly what was promised.

Hey, there are so manny incredibly fucking bad 40k games out there, that even a remotely playable piece of shit looks like a second coming of jesus w. bush.

i backed the game to and got refunded when it dropped because they took out f2w

took out the openworld aspect
and it plays like shit and runs like shit

if you are going to attempt to say those 4 things are untrue you are blatantly lying.

>Took the money and ran
>Stole money from a publisher and ran

Yeah, that makes sense

>Ran out of funds

Theyre releasing the game now because their publisher said they have to.

It plays just fine and runs just fine.

Hell, I couldn't play the game properly for a year, because they couldn't optimize it for AMD shitters like me and now it runs just perfectly fine.

Since when did "apparently" mean "I pulled this out of my ass"

do you think i can still get my money back? i think i bought into the founder's meme like 6 months ago

it's a shame because i really was hoping for a repeat of planetside 2 because i fucking loved that game

I'll try it when it's not bargain bin shovelware trash.

Refund window ended long ago

>a crowdfunded game has a big mean publisher

I havent exactly kept track of the development, maybe they got a publisher after they got fucked by the one guy but the team literallly stated that it. Go search for yourselves. You people are spouting bullshit much like saying he backed the game and that its current incarnation is exactly what was promised

>pay for a MMORPG
>get a 3rd person FPS deadmatch
Yeah, exactly what they promised.

figures
might as well watch and see how the game evolves, might become space marine 2 or something

Because id rather play Ps2 where I have everything I want unlocked than play a shittier version of Ps2 and unlock shit again.

How you manage to do worse than Ps2 is amazing but it was done.

>planetside 2 is shit
>eternal crusade is shit
>planetside 1 is dead

wake me up

So you bought if after they had already announced that open world wasnt going to be a thing at launch?

I'm not a fucking goy and pay to beta test games. Playing early access games is a big red flag that you like to watch your wife get fucked by black men. And he may or may not let you have a turn after him.

Kill yourself if you enjoy early access.

>Search for it

Youre the one posting completely off the wall shit sourceless shit. It's your job to provide a source. Not ours

constant dips is not runs just fine.

with how this game looks i should be at least an easy 60 but nope.

plays just fine is not fat latency fucking over shots and damage counts

i got my money long after the refund window so its worth a try. all they can say is no.

because there'll be a wipe in a few days

Are Orkz playable yet?

Since when did they promise a MMO?

I might have been fucking in the eyes, but I am pretty fucking sure it was supposed to be a Warhammer side 240k.
And it is.

I hated Ps2 and I really like Eternal Crusade.

Don't forget the huge bonus this game gets for being a half-shitty 40k game.

no, i bought it when the tactical map and the whole business surrounding open world was still in the works; at least from what i could see in-game

pic related is when i bought the game
i might as well try, what reason did you cite it under?

I back the game and it is nothing like what was promised. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial. The game is nothing like they originally intended for it to be and it will never be the game they intended it to be. I thought this game had potential but the people in charge are just all over the place. It's a bad game and it's not going to get any better.

Youre thinking of age of reckoning.

>it's not going to get any better
While everything you just said might MIGHT be true, this is just an assumption pulled out of your own ass.

Sure, it might get worse, but seeing how it well it develops - it might only get better from now on.

>it is nothing like what was promised
Did Peter Molineaux teach you anything, boy?
Never trust a game dev.

I am making an assumption you're right but it's a pretty accurate one. The devs have demonstrated they aren't competent enough to pull it off. It needs a TON of work and it's being released soon, it's going to crash and burn hard. I'm not happy about that though, this really did have potential but it'd just be blind optimism at this point to have any faith.

>Sure, it might get worse, but seeing how it well it develops - it might only get better from now on.
Not him (I'm ) and I'll tell you, no rushed game got better before dying. Specially MMOs, even if they fix it later, it's bad reputation will keep it dead.

because factions and maps are unbalanced and it's incomplete

this shit needs terminators, dreadnoughts, multifactions warfare, more maps and players driven campaigns.

Literally everything can be done right and it can have perfect release date and Cred Forums will still shit all over it.

yet this isn't done right and has perhaps one of the worst release date

Yeah, is like Cred Forums were full of thousands of guys with different opinions and tastes.

Except Cred Forums is not the only place that you will find people shitting on it. Lots of people are disappointed at how this game has turned out and everyone who isn't a blind fanboy knows this is heading straight to shit. They fucked up plain and simple, the idea was great but the execution has been awful.

theoretically yes, practically no due to balance

>repeat of planetside 2

nigga just play ps2, wtf. something gets a 40k skin and you blow your damn load. fuck.

i'm a dumb 40kid, go figure

also ps2 got aggravating as fuck because of all the niggers just spamming lightnings with HEAT shells and gradually mowing down bases
plus aerial combat was either A: complete destroying someone who as no idea how to fly, B: somewhat fair matchup with an okay pilot, or C: you face the top pilot of the server's respective faction and die in two seconds, with cases A and C happening way too often

>that guy who thinks chaos terminators are obliterators
>that redditor who can't tell an ork from a genestealer
I mean, I barely give a fuck about 40k after the 2nd edition, but still.

I assume you're late to the party then, because Eternal Crusade was genuinely advertised as a PS2 sort of MMO at around 2013-4. You can look it up, it was going to have territories, faction goals, imbalanced classes, F2Waaaaagh to make orks individually inferior but numerically dominant, and Tyranids as a balancing force that attacked strongholds of a faction that got too powerful.

Because I can't afford it OP and no boys have bought me it yet.

>there are no shills on Cred Forums

Wot kin' of ork needs balance to stomp gits?

Why would someone came to one of the vidya related sites with more traffic and pretend to be an user to shill a game?

That would be pretty dishonest.

The kind in this game unfortunately. Eldar are shit as well, Chaos dominate most games.

Is it not possible that I just happen to like the game?

Unemployed and poor is a great way of living

>tfw unemployed but still make 2 165 dollars a month
Based Norway Autismbux

>Buying games perpetually stuck in Early Access Hell

heh

Better?

Jokes on you. It releases straight out of alpha in a week

>that
>an ork
Please tell me you're joking

You could always sell weed

How hard did EC cuck you guys? I Spent over $600 on it before alpha even came out

Good lord man, why?

>why isnt the game call of duty
>the post

holy shit most of you guys are crying over having a 3rd person game make your character have weight when performing actions.

holy fuck do most of you just bitch about a game for being not call of duty or battlefield.

you know what happens when you sprint forward and try to stop on a dime? I bet your lardass cant even bother to find out.

you know that a lot of 3rd person games bother to do shit so animations feel like they have momentum to stop assholes from adadadad shit that they do in most shooters?

then we got the fact these assholes hate how this game plays, and for trying to capture space marine's handling.

i thought w40k space marine was good, it felt good, and the multiplayer was a blast.

I spent $17 for a key off of g2a 2 months ago

ps2 is pretty bad m8

the developers couldnt make water or doors, couldnt make factions unique, couldnt even get planetside right. It is currently just battlefield on a larger map and battlefield does it better.

devs were real shit.

Is call of duty the only game that isn't a clumsy awkward piece of shit where you have to wrestle the controls in your opinion? Well forgive me for assuming that most games in the last 2 decades knew about not being clunky as shit.

>no arrow to the knee jokes
Fucking fake fake gamers.

look, when smedly the man who destroys everything good in any game he touches was announced as the lead director behind PS2. From
the get go i knew that was gonna be a massive fucking disaster, but everyone said "give it time" "it'll get better" and years later behold the train wreck it is today. Years later and they couldnt do one god damn thing right.

this game, eternal crusade, has been worked on and has time and time again progressed. They have made the game perform better, they have added content, and continue to add content.

No they dont have huge open world continent. Planetside 2 only had one big
map and all the bases were shit call of duty arenas. This however has actual bases that have some level of unique purposeful designs to function as actual fortifications.

I trust this to be a good game in the making more.

>bad controls are a feature
wew lad